• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

The Hockey Thread

Not that I'm keen on paying $10M for such a volatile position, but you gotta realize that's what market value is at now. Like I said, Price & Bob set that benchmark, and that's what's going to be used going forward when comparing goalies at the highest level.
Oh, sure. I just mean if this is really over .2 million per season, the blame is on both sides.

He might be okay with the defense built around him.

But for the love of god they need Swayman. They painted themselves into a corner trading Ullmark so quickly.
I mean Swayman proved to be better than Ullmark, but to not have him locked up, or the intent to pay the man, you shouldn't have traded Ullmark. You sold your leverage at that point.

rktaker

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Friedman said Boston HAS offered 8x8. Also, the Bruins have tabled these offers: 4x6.25, 8x6.5, 8x7.5, 8x8. Yet, Swayman's camp have denied that the Bruins offered Swayman that.
I'm inclined to agree with the player here. There's no reason for him to lie. It backs the team into a corner and if they reneg the deal someone will pay him. I haven't checked, but I doubt he's an RFA

Ahh, then no one will pay the cost. Last I checked, that number was like 2 firsts. So... it makes less sense for him to lie.
Regardless, there's conflicting information coming out of this and that's concerning. There's definitely some dirty dealings going on here. Whether it's from one side, the other, or both however, remains to be seen. But one thing's for certain. Boston has until the 1st of December to sign him, but even so, the season is about to start and Boston DOES NOT want to have Korpisalo as their starter.

Regardless, there's conflicting information coming out of this and that's concerning. There's definitely some dirty dealings going on here. Whether it's from one side, the other, or both however, remains to be seen. But one thing's for certain. Boston has until the 1st of December to sign him, but even so, the season is about to start and Boston DOES NOT want to have Korpisalo as their starter.
Not getting an argument from me. The B's have been so good paying their guys recently that doing this is sad.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I fucking hope not. More or less expecting $15M minimum.
Yeah, $15 sounds right for him, BUT...CBA constantly pushing upwards...
Did the NHL change the max contract? I know way back when they went to a hard cap it was like 10m, and Ovechkin was the first to get it. It's obviouslyly not the case anymore, but I dunno if there is still a cap
Yeah, $10 has been out for a while now, sadly.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
So apparently they moved to a sliding scale. max is 20% of the cap. It's at 88m this year, so max contract would be 17.6. McDavid can and probably should be the only player getting that.
Yeah, that's more like, and totally agreed, he's the lone person that would ever command such a salary. Bedard in a few years, MAYBE, but that's it.
Internet Suck It GIF by Pudgy Penguins

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
So apparently they moved to a sliding scale. max is 20% of the cap. It's at 88m this year, so max contract would be 17.6. McDavid can and probably should be the only player getting that.
I wonder if they could word the contract to always pay at 20%? So if the cap goes up during the contract, he can still max it out.

Flames gonna live up to their name and be a fucking dumpster fire, so I'm just gonna sit here fantasy booking Olympic rosters (Canada has waaaay too many elite centers)

canadaguy

Poop Head
GW Elder
I'm sure they CAN, but they never will (the owners I mean). It doesn't make business sense to do that.
Yeah but we've definitely seen the owners stab themselves in the dick to take advantage of cap circumvention, so if there's some sort of loophole they will find out

Yeah but we've definitely seen the owners stab themselves in the dick to take advantage of cap circumvention, so if there's some sort of loophole they will find out
But this would artificially lower your available cap each season. It's a player friendly move UNLESS you predict the cap to lower each season. Which it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom