The Check-In, Check-Out Thread

Still in the hospital. I wish I could take her pain myself. It makes me so sad. She was kind of curious and upbeat about surgery because it was new but recovery has not been fun. Watching her cry when the IV didn't take right broke me. I had to stand in the hallway.

I've had to leave each night for my other kid and the dog and I hate it. I feel so bad leaving.

She asked me to lay in the bed with her for two hours and we both fell asleep which was nice.
Glad she’s doing better. The pain will subside

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Still in the hospital. I wish I could take her pain myself. It makes me so sad. She was kind of curious and upbeat about surgery because it was new but recovery has not been fun. Watching her cry when the IV didn't take right broke me. I had to stand in the hallway.

I've had to leave each night for my other kid and the dog and I hate it. I feel so bad leaving.

She asked me to lay in the bed with her for two hours and we both fell asleep which was nice.
She's your child, your blood, no one wants to see their child hurting. You're an amazing father, Tom, anytime you need validation of that, re-read this post. It shows time and again.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
She just got home. She's taken my bed with my wife so I'm on the couch this week, gladly.
Glad she's home and comfortable!
Just took down a med fry from McDonald's, first thing she has really eaten in 3 days. I hate that place but I'll get her more fries tomorrow to keep eating.
Good! All signs of progress are most welcome, shows shes getting back to 100% :)

She just got home. She's taken my bed with my wife so I'm on the couch this week, gladly.

Just took down a med fry from McDonald's, first thing she has really eaten in 3 days. I hate that place but I'll get her more fries tomorrow to keep eating.
When I had appendicitis back in 05, I spent 2 weeks in the hospital not being allowed to eat anything. I saw a lot of Taco Bell ads on the TV, they were advertising their (then) brand new grilled stuffed burritos (which they discontinued a few years ago :( ), so the first thing I got after I finally got to leave the hospital was a grilled stuffed burrito.

The sodium shock could have sent me back to the hospital (not really).

31dd28c6e0c95d9a3573728256595872.jpg

Took a mental health day Friday.

Back
Top Bottom