The Check-In, Check-Out Thread

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
today my 5 year old put a living spider on his dad's socked foot without his knowledge, then I gasped really loudly and brushed it away which scared him

How's everyone else doing today

• Haha
Reactions: TD

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Woke up feeling like trash and I was supposed to get my left shoulder x-rayed this morning but looks like Ill be pushing it back to next week.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Uh oh, make sure you're looking after yourself! Hopefully you feel better and you do indeed get that x-ray!

Gonna try! And im hoping to have it done soon, ive been having problems with it since the fall and was told i have up to a year to get it done.

Rather sad and down today

2024 has been a rough year for me, some of it a fault of my actions and others outside my control. Tomorrow is the last day of school and while I am looking forward to a break, this is also the first time in 14 years I dont want it to be summer. I do have a good group of kids, but having people I see and interact with every day has kept me busy and my mind from wandering.

One of my favorite students is leaving early to go attend a special academy, he unknowingly has help keep my sanity this year and gave me something to look forward to every day. My neighbor teacher is leaving the profession and the person who will be taking over her classroom I've met and is kind of a bore and unlikely someone I will connect with.

So I feel kind of sad and alone, we have one more day, then summer. Next week for better or worse is nothing planned. Going to see if there is anyone who wants to set up a play date as I will be Mr. Mom all week before my son starts summer camp the week after.

Do I have plans to see friends this summer? Yes. Am I also sad about going from a lot of human contact to much less? Also yes.

It's just a conflicting amount of emotions right now all still complicated from the death of one of best friends a couple months ago.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Rather sad and down today

2024 has been a rough year for me, some of it a fault of my actions and others outside my control. Tomorrow is the last day of school and while I am looking forward to a break, this is also the first time in 14 years I dont want it to be summer. I do have a good group of kids, but having people I see and interact with every day has kept me busy and my mind from wandering.

One of my favorite students is leaving early to go attend a special academy, he unknowingly has help keep my sanity this year and gave me something to look forward to every day. My neighbor teacher is leaving the profession and the person who will be taking over her classroom I've met and is kind of a bore and unlikely someone I will connect with.

So I feel kind of sad and alone, we have one more day, then summer. Next week for better or worse is nothing planned. Going to see if there is anyone who wants to set up a play date as I will be Mr. Mom all week before my son starts summer camp the week after.

Do I have plans to see friends this summer? Yes. Am I also sad about going from a lot of human contact to much less? Also yes.

It's just a conflicting amount of emotions right now all still complicated from the death of one of best friends a couple months ago.
This is completely understandable, the first time where you'll have time to sit and think. It will be a struggle, but you'll pull through. Therapy helps, having someone or a couple of people to confide in also really helps, and who knows? Maybe there's a summer sport or activity you could pick up? A bowling league? Something to help socialize one or two nights a week to keep busy? One of my friends plays in a softball league in the summer and they tend to meet up after for a meal and drinks and it's a nice little social gathering. Maybe something like that? Just remember that you're not alone and you have people you can reach out to, including us here! We're always here for you! You will find your way :hugs

This is completely understandable, the first time where you'll have time to sit and think. It will be a struggle, but you'll pull through. Therapy helps, having someone or a couple of people to confide in also really helps, and who knows? Maybe there's a summer sport or activity you could pick up? A bowling league? Something to help socialize one or two nights a week to keep busy? One of my friends plays in a softball league in the summer and they tend to meet up after for a meal and drinks and it's a nice little social gathering. Maybe something like that? Just remember that you're not alone and you have people you can reach out to, including us here! We're always here for you! You will find your way :hugs

I do have therapy, we are at a point where we are every other week, though if something major happened Im sure I could fit in a session since it is break. The week after next my son starts summer camp so I'll have places to take him and things to do. I will probably go to weekly trivia with some friends

There are a couple birthday parties that I am both looking forward to and kind of dreading due to others who will probably be there, and I know its nothing I can control, but one party could negatively affect my son or undo his progress which is what worries me. But it is what it is

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I do have therapy, we are at a point where we are every other week, though if something major happened Im sure I could fit in a session since it is break. The week after next my son starts summer camp so I'll have places to take him and things to do. I will probably go to weekly trivia with some friends

There are a couple birthday parties that I am both looking forward to and kind of dreading due to others who will probably be there, and I know its nothing I can control, but one party could negatively affect my son or undo his progress which is what worries me. But it is what it is
Good, I'm glad you have things you can do, and therapy as well. All will be helpful! I agree, the last thing you need is for anything to negatively impact your son, so fingers crossed all will go well at those parties! Keep your head held high, you're on the right path and you'll get through the lulls!

Good, I'm glad you have things you can do, and therapy as well. All will be helpful! I agree, the last thing you need is for anything to negatively impact your son, so fingers crossed all will go well at those parties! Keep your head held high, you're on the right path and you'll get through the lulls!

Im feeling a little better. I did kind of set myself up for failure (unknowingly) yesterday . Watched the season finale of Abbott Elementary and Janine reminds me a lot of my friend who passed away and she did a lot of things in that episode that my friend has done or would do so had me feeling kind of down already

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Im feeling a little better. I did kind of set myself up for failure (unknowingly) yesterday . Watched the season finale of Abbott Elementary and Janine reminds me a lot of my friend who passed away and she did a lot of things in that episode that my friend has done or would do so had me feeling kind of down already
That's good, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. That makes sense, you'll find a lot of things that remind you as time moves forward, and it'll hurt each time, but you'll find your way. Always reach out, don't let it take you down that path alone and you'll get through :)

Back
Top Bottom