• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. I'm not near my books right now so this is all from memory so it may not be accurate.

I don't think Arcane Trickster rogues get access to Speak With Animals, but I could be wrong.

If you take the Magic Initiate feat, I think you can choose it from the Bard or Druid's spell list.

There's a high level Druid/Bard spell called Awaken that would give a wolf the ability to speak 1 language of your choosing. But that's a 5th level spell (not the same as being level 5) and costs something like 500-1000g to cast.
goals to aspire to
#squadgoals

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
There's a high level Druid/Bard spell called Awaken that would give a wolf the ability to speak 1 language of your choosing. But that's a 5th level spell (not the same as being level 5) and costs something like 500-1000g to cast.
Is g the currency or does it mean something else?

If so, wow there's spells that cost currency?

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer

It requires a gem worth that much as a focus for the spell.

Personally I'm cool with just deducting that much money from your character and saying that you obviously purchased one at some point, rather than make spell casters spend so much time scavenging and purchasing spell materials.

• Hmm
Reactions: TD

TD

I'm assuming by the time we get to level 5, 500g isn't as daunting as it sounds in the current state.

...right?

Some spells need materials to cast. Example below. A lot of spells its something simple and Vash will just let you take the cost out of your money pile to keep from having to shop or look for the stuff all the time. Spells like revive that bring people back from the dead. Are expensive. Like you need a big diamond expensive.
1000001320.jpg

• Cheers!

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
There's going to be so much artistic license tonight, I can feel it. :giggle

There's a whole thing about a lot of wizards being broke or being thieves because of the material costs.
That whole thing about Bard scrolls in FFXI from before?

Yeah that's this. Every mage (or job that could use spells, period) had huge costs or time sinks required to gain the scrolls and learn their spells. My best friend sold her pants to afford the scroll for Cure, so her White Mage could... actually do anything. :chuckle

I’m fine waiting for the quest to progress, but what I’m not fine waiting for, is confirmation that I’m getting a wolf friend. :rant

I’m already getting things ready for him, and I don’t want my heart to break :sadpanda

Season 3 Bowl GIF by The Simpsons

((Yes but Vash gave you the "you're right you know" to it's rubble, already confirming that part, I'm going to go back to the OOC tavern for OOC chat, just wanted to throw it out there))
I said that because my perception check was so low, and I thought he was just agreeing that it was not high enough to get actual information

TD

I interpreted that as him just telling you that you were correct and that the perception check was likely not needed for something visibly in front of you. I believe he's using reactions to answer "simpler" questions or statements.

I interpreted that as him just telling you that you were correct and that the perception check was likely not needed for something visibly in front of you. I believe he's using reactions to answer "simpler" questions or statements.
I guess we just need to wait and see if Dragmire can get through and what he sees once in the other side

TD

I'm gonna go with: you jinxed Dragmire and Kutshort by assuming Dragmire may fail before he rolled.

Dice gods are vengeful. I would know.

:chuckle

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
They say the average combat encounter lasts 3-4 rounds, though in my experience its closer to 6-7 rounds. Each round of combat lasts roughly 6 seconds of in-game time.

So a combat encounter lasts just under a minute, typically.

You could be in that shaft while the rest of the team has a few combat encounters.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom