• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
Also! I've never watched or interacted with D&D content - no Critical Role, no DM/session streams, nadda - so Google is 100% stalking me. :paranoid

That being said, it decided that I needed to watch this... and so I did. And I have so many questions.

Maybe spoilers for future campaign? IDK My BFF Jill

Last edited:

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
I have not watched it so I will likely inevitably lead us to our doom in that one...

...if not before.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
"Murderhobo", apparently a contraction of the slightly older term "murderous hobo", is a usually pejorative (but infrequently neutral or affectionate) term used to describe certain kinds of adventuring character, usually in Dungeons & Dragons or D&D-like games.

The murder(ous) part is because these characters primarily solve problems with violence/killing and are typically very quick to resort to violence, often even in situations where that's a really inappropriate response.

The hobo part derives from the American slang term "hobo", which specifically means not just a homeless person, but a homeless travelling worker; the hobo has no long term home and moves around from place to place looking for jobs (often carrying everything they own with them), which is a fairly obvious parallel to a traditional adventuring party who travel the world accepting quests.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

T'anks Kiraine

I mean they're also chained up and, like, gonna make noise at worst...

But yes let's chop up their master(?) and feed him to them to sate their bloodlust as our first thought. :ROFLMAO:

Found the murderhobo! :giggle

• Haha

T'anks Kiraine

Doesn't seem like it! I checked.

Closest is, uh, maybe Nature? Having knowledge of plants and animals = also knowledge on how to prepare them for consumption? IDK 👀

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Xanathar's Guide to Everything has a bunch of optional tool proficiency type stuff...I'm flipping through the book right now to see if I can find anything relevant...

• Hmm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom