• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
so uh

half the party doesn't have darkvision

i have goofed

i mean

its been daylight outside and the sunlight has been reflecting off of the stream of water, illuminating the main shaft (there's that word again) of the cave but man y'all are getting deep in there and its getting late it might get dark soon

fuckin pro DM right here

VashTheStampede

season 2 GIF

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Who else doesn't have darkvision aside from me?

And what are the implications of no dark vision?

VashTheStampede

Who else doesn't have darkvision aside from me?

And what are the implications of no dark vision?
E.B. Dragmire

For characters without Darkvision, darkness is considered heavily obscured, meaning they cannot see in it at all. Perception checks that rely on sight automatically fail.

Also real hard to hit things you can't see

Reactions: TD

TD

This helps too right? It's like a sword and torch combined? At least that's what I read/watched.

(I watched like 30 minutes of Tortle videos and read a bunch pre-campaign/while building character)

1000010766.jpg

TD

I attempted to learn more about D&D, went down a rabbit hole, and learned the dreaded acronym...

TPK.

TD

Don’t leave us in suspense, what is it?
A total party kill (or TPK) happens when all the player characters in a campaign die, and there aren't any other active characters able to revive them. It's a (thankfully) rare event, usually caused by unbalanced encounters or extremely unlucky rolling for the players.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
MPK > TPK

Although a TPK stemming from an MPK attempt can be magical.

I watched a couple of skits from the channel the algorithm fed me last week, but I'unno what they're on about. I refuse to learn anything, carry me senpais. :giggle

• I Always Feel Like...

T'anks Kiraine

That's 'cause I inserted MMO into your DnD! :nuts

Monster-Player Kill. Essentially, gaining aggression from an enemy monster, luring it towards a low(er) level group... and then being a dick and teleporting away or something so that the powerful monster eats the other players. 😅

• This Is Fine

TD

That's 'cause I inserted MMO into your DnD! :nuts

Monster-Player Kill. Essentially, gaining aggression from an enemy monster, luring it towards a low(er) level group... and then being a dick and teleporting away or something so that the powerful monster eats the other players. 😅
Oh so you're THAT player of the group...

Shark Tank Writing GIF

That thirst trap may be the death of the adventurers of chaos.

T'anks Kiraine

Me? I would never!

...Intentionally.

Look, shit happens okay? Sometimes you decide you want to try and flee before dying, train a whole bunch of monsters... and then die like 15 feet outside of town. And watch in delight abject horror as players exit the town one by one and are consumed by the horde. :rofl

TD

Im Scared GIF by HULU

Dude is watching T'anks, all this commotion, and just so happen to want to abandon the chimney then have us happily march into an ambush by a giant snake.

...but you would never do that, intentionally.

Interested George Clooney GIF

T'anks Kiraine

Something tells me this isn't a, y'know, tiny garden snake.

...More like a serpent.

And by RPG logic, a serpent so large that it likely shouldn't be able to fit inside the cavern.

So calling it now: We're dealing with a fuckin' Graboid.

Gonna call him Grabby69 and shank him with extreme prejudice. 👀

• This Is Fine

TD

I wonder how you figured out it wasn't a tiny garden snake based on it's description - what a mystery.

I got a gut suspicion someone is going to be making death saving rolls soon.

Go west they said... it'll be fun, they said...

Charlie Murphy Eyes GIF

1708019231399.png

Last edited:

TD

It should be noted that what I say Tortle Dude will do in OOC chat may or may not happen as such as it has to make sense within the scope of Dude's character.

season 6 GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom