• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Take your time man, we're not in a rush. Personally I just appreciate the time you're putting in and I'm having a blast with this.

As you may have noticed, kut and I basically immediately jumped in when you posted. We clearly love it.

Sorry things have been so slow going the last few days but I'll be able to pick things up once we hit the weekend. Was a rough week for me but will be back to normal soon.
I read somewhere that you’re pretty busy, so I understand.

Whenever you update, we’ll be ready. You’ll find we are incredibly patient

lonely jurassic bark GIF

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
How dare you post that gif. What the hell, kut! :bawl

But yeah, what they said Vash. Take your time! Wife > work > Wife > DnD > Wife > Other stuff. In that order, probably. Thank me later.

Saturdays are still iffy on my end, but I think this weekend we're supposed to catch up on FF14 MSQ so I should be able to pop in at least a couple of times to keep pushing ahead.

TD

I'll also just add - if you need a breather before diving in with how hectic your week was, I can't speak for others but you deserve it.

At the end of the day - you're our DM and it's just as important that you're having fun doing this, not feeling obligated. There's no need to apologize.

Even if you need the weekend to recover from your week then dive back in later, do it.

T'anks Kiraine

Assuming I have not broken my neck - THANKS JUMPY :bawl - I have prepared a post for after Vash becomes available lol

Composure momentarily lost, T'anks stands to fullest height. Back arched, claws and fangs bared, her long and slender tail whipping at the ground behind her. It appears almost as though she is about to hiss, and possibly lunge, staring menacingly downwards upon the small frame of the Halfling. If she had wanted to risk breaking her neck she would have cut the rope herself! In fact, truth be told, hanging upside down for several long minutes had already made that thought quite tempting.

You...!

T'anks points in the Halfling's direction. Her eyes have become impossibly red, an otherworldly glow about them. She sizes him up, draws a deep breath...

Will regret taking such hasty action. Honestly, has that complex of yours fully eroded your senses? What could possibly have convinced you that was a sensible idea!

...But I do appreciate being freed.

T'anks visibly relaxes. Still outnumbered. While ill-advised, the little Halfling's efforts did not appear to be hostile in nature. And what of his companions; the strange one that reached for her... head? Neck? And the one that had begun to untie the trap's rope.

T'anks takes the measure of her unexpected guests while they gather themselves.

Insight Check >> Party intentions, signs of occupation.

My thought is if she thinks the party are mercenaries, she's less likely to be more forthcoming. Sound about right?

• Chef’s Kiss
Reactions: TD

TD

In rereading Raine's post and googling tiefling... I realize, I had a deep misunderstanding of what a tiefling is.

T'anks Kiraine

In rereading Raine's post and googling tiefling... I realize, I had a deep misunderstanding of what a tiefling is.
Oh? Oh?! How delighted or horrified should I be of what you thought they were?

...Also what they are seems to be under some amount of repeated revision, depending on the DnD Edition. 🤔

• Haha

TD

I pictured this like majestical faerie pixie type of creature bouncing around playing a flute.

Then when I read tail.. claws.. fangs..

I realized I was very wrong and in hindsight I should've known better.

T'anks Kiraine

Yeah this is definitely more "What if we had a Succubus race, but for all fetishes" rather than "Tinkerbell." :chuckle

tiefling.jpeg

(It's a little creepy when you realize her eyes are open in this picture. Still, given recent happenings in other threads - Worth? :rofl )

TD

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

...and yeah, like I said, hindsight. Should've expected you to opt succubus over Tinkerbell really, so that's on me.

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Also, for the record, even though Raine won the initial roll showdown, one of the things I like to do as a DM is give people a chance to overcome a roll with a role play. If I'm especially tickled, I may provide an extra roll attempt as a form of advantage/inspiration.

The dice may signify fate, but I don't believe fate cannot be changed.

T'anks Kiraine

... @shortkut has played Ghost Trick? Or just fate guiding his Google skills?

Either way this is definitely turning into a JRPG/VN with the quickness.

By the power of friendship!

(After a small delay. Feel free to create additional posts and I'll do the thing when I can!)

• Spidey Point!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom