• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonardo Dicaprio Dancing GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

• Love
Reactions: TD

Dragmire

He’s the duck tape guy. He hangs back and when need a solution, he can fix anything
Hey look, buddy. I'm a Warlock, that means I solve problems. Not problems like "How could I escape the Astral Plane?", 'cause that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems! For instance, how am I gonna stop some big mean Hobgoblin from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind?

The answer? Use Eldritch Blast.

And if that don't work, use more Eldritch Blast.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
I couldn't get into Supernatural but admittedly I'm not a big tv guy. I love movies though.

TD

Well now I think I'm going to rewatch Birds of Prey because a) we talked about it, b) I'm high, and c) Margot fucking Robbie

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
Yup. This is my life now.

Roll high against the party, roll absolute garbo in world building.

Praying to RNGesus battles go quickly so I ain't gotta roll much! :rofl

• Haha

TD

This ain't our first goblin battle.

Yeah, we entered it with 4 adventurers and left with 3 but that's not even the point.

Besides, Dragmire will clean up after us.

Think About It GIF by Identity

T'anks Kiraine

I mean let's be honest here.

If we were proper villains we would just close off the mouth of the cave for a couple days. Eldritch Blast back in, merrily loot all the goods, and be back on our way within the week!

...What? If you're gonna META, then META dammit. :tease2

TD

If we were proper villains we would just close off the mouth of the cave for a couple days. Eldritch Blast back in, merrily loot all the goods, and be back on our way within the week!

I meta'd without really thinking of that, cursed everything, and Tubby vanished. Also my dice rolls are always trash and I keep falling into traps.

D&D will curse meta gamers.

I actually thought about that, but we need to save those guys so we can get the map and start the real adventure…. Also we don’t know the results of your check for other avenues of ingress and egress, so collapsing the mouth of the cave might work if we want to sneak in elsewhere and back them into a corner… legit suggestion here I think

TD

Another suggestion:

Tortle Dude can just walk right in and all the goblin swings will bounce right off his shell again.

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Disney+

TD

Are you the closest?

I realize I have no idea where anyone is proximity wise.

And stupid Dude has to run back to get the shit he left for his little bath.

Also it's clear who the weakest roller here is...

Also, not sure if he gets notifications but...

@GwJumpman
We're moving again.

T'anks Kiraine

Are you the closest?

I realize I have no idea where anyone is proximity wise.
Assuming I'm not being too directionally challenged, I believe so. You should be reasonably far off to the west, in the stream. shortkut should be some distance north coming down from the mouth of the cave. And Jumpy should be somewhat um... somewhere. Little bit of leeway on that one depending on how far from the cave we were when we paused and started doing checks. 🤔

Either way some rolls are probably gonna need doing Soon™. Possibly of the saving variety. :chuckle

• This Is Fine

T'anks Kiraine

Well, that does assume the map here doesn't work on the same scale as the map in the ambush battle. If it does then I definitely dunno where anything or anyone is. 👀

• This Is Fine
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom