• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
I don’t see a problem. Have the computer read back whatever Vash typed
A drunken Vash uses speech-to-text to conjure Ee-vil! for the party.

A tired/drunken Christina uses text-to-speech and tries to verbally correct Vash's course.

A drunken Vash tries to decipher what he thinks he just heard and also actually do more speech-to-text DM'ing.

I would watch this game show. :giggle

T'anks Kiraine

Osmosis tells me the DM ain't gonna hold your hand... and considering it's Vash, may actively troll you!

You want to know what kind of room/hallway you just stepped into? Want to know the number of exits and where they are? You've somehow failed to notice the aggressively standing gazebo next to you after coming around a bend?

Better do a Perception/Investigation Check. :giggle

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
You've somehow failed to notice the aggressively standing gazebo next to you after coming around a bend?
Nervous Key And Peele GIF

TD

Can Healing Word be used on myself?

It doesn't specify.

Also, what are the rules or restrictions on short resting for HP?

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Can Healing Word be used on myself?

It doesn't specify.

Also, what are the rules or restrictions on short resting for HP?
You can cast it on yourself. When a spell says "any creature you can see" or the like, that does include you. If you cannot use a spell on yourself they are usually good about specifying "any other creature" or similar wording.

For a short rest, you roll your hit dice and gain HP back equal to the die result and your CON modifier. You can do this right in the Beyond app. When you click Short Rest, a window will pop up. If you check the box, it should give you a new box to click to roll your hit dice.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

TD

For a short rest, you roll your hit dice and gain HP back equal to the die result and your CON modifier. You can do this right in the Beyond app. When you click Short Rest, a window will pop up. If you check the box, it should give you a new box to click to roll your hit dice.
So I found the section.
Does this mean I have 2 uses of short rest? Can I just do it any time? How do I get uses back?

1000010272.jpg

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
That...seems right.

My personal style is to allow two short rests between long rests. Maybe that's a typical thing?

Just a heads-up for everyone: for the next couple days I have to take inventory at work which is a whole thing and a lot of extra/weird work hours so things will be a little slow going until Friday afternoon.

Gonna try and get us to our next encounter tomorrow evening before bed though.

T'anks Kiraine

@Raine when you see this, could you please join the campaign on D&D Beyond by following this link:

I totally checked threads in reverse order.

It's how I roll. ;)

I pushed the buttons and did the things. AFAIK she's completely nekkid and only has a dagger equipped because reading iz hard. But yes!

...Also I may have taken creative liberties after Googling Tiefling and seeing that there are apparently different descriptions for different iterations and all that jazz. That I totally didn't properly read through, before or now. #yolo ;)

• Seen

TD

I just tapped his name in that tag and noticed he's been offline for 24 hours.

If goblins ambush us we're doomed.

T'anks Kiraine

Don't remeber the name of that guy you ran into a month ago. Ask the DM!
That seems like a good enough jumping off point: What we as people know and what the characters know are very, very different things.

I'm not sure how far Vash wants to go with it since, y'know, there's the actual campaign story to worry about. But there's no reason or way for T'anks (I'm rolling with "Ankh" in my head) to know anything about the party nor vice versa. So keep in mind what your character would do/say based on their personality traits and backstory - and pass the buck off onto Vash if things go sideways. ;)

I fully intend to roll some dice against the party so I have some guidance. 😅
Also because I'm not really capable of playing characters/roles. But doing a case study and extrapolating from there should work in theory until everything lines up properly.

TD

TD

Nooo, wolf is that way ->

I'm notoriously awful at not just being me in different colors. Which invariably goes lopsided at some point! :bah
Your singular post already paints a much different picture.

Sorry, you're right about many things, but your ability (or claimed lack of ability) is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom