• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Look at this new D&D community coming together.

Happy Tears Cry GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
I pushed some buttons, did some things. There is no vision here just chaos. :tease

I cannot in good conscious tell you that I'll be around much tomorrow until tomorrow is here. Nothing problematic, just, it's that time of year. Just had an 11-hour shift and all that. Y'know how it be. And then it's the weekend. But anyway, lemme know which other buttons need to be pressed and all that and I'll get on it Soon™.

TD

My backup character will be Tortle Danger.

You know how Tortle Dude is liked this lettuce loving song singer?

If he ever finds himself in trouble, enter Tortle Danger. Essentially the equivalent of a jacked up Leeroy Jenkins on cocaine.

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Oh no I can't select a Tortle now!
You'd have to be attached to a campaign where the DM owns the Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse source book. Or buy it yourself. You would have been able to make Tortle Dude the first time because I had you in that dummy campaign. So you'd have to be invited back to one of the campaigns under Vash or I before you can make another Tortle.

Or buy the sourcebook yourself. :shrug

Reactions: TD

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
I made another character too.

Kreskent the Copper Dragonborn paladin/sorcerer/multi class/i have no idea what I’m doing

Need @Ben to make me an image
You wouldn't be able to multi-class starting a character out at level 1. You need to be at least level 2 to multi-class into something else, as you're spending that level up on 1 level of the new class. You also have to meet some of the ability requirements for the new class, like having at least 13 charisma to take a level in Bard, or at least 13 dexterity to take a level in Monk.

So... I could make the picture either way, but you'd need to pick Paladin or Sorcerer to start with.

You wouldn't be able to multi-class starting a character out at level 1. You need to be at least level 2 to multi-class into something else, as you're spending that level up on 1 level of the new class. You also have to meet some of the ability requirements for the new class, like having at least 13 charisma to take a level in Bard, or at least 13 dexterity to take a level in Monk.

So... I could make the picture either way, but you'd need to pick Paladin or Sorcerer to start with.
Spoilsport

• Shrug
Reactions: Ben

TD

I will say just from reading the ongoing game I'm already getting all kinds of ideas too. I think I like this already and I have barely touched it.

He’s now only a sorcerer.

Picture please 🙏

• Seen
Reactions: Ben

TD

Wait so what happened
So I'm not sure if you fully had your question answered so here's TLDR version.

Our campaign is temporarily on hold due to Tubby leaving GWF for personal reasons, it was built for 4 but now we have 3. Raine is going to be hopping in with the character she is creating, while she's getting started Vash said he's got some stuff to work on. Once Raine's character is ready, Vash will find a way to write off Tubby's character and write in Raine. Then some of us created 2nd characters as backups in case death.

Dragmire

So I'm not sure if you fully had your question answered so here's TLDR version.

Our campaign is temporarily on hold due to Tubby leaving GWF for personal reasons, it was built for 4 but now we have 3. Raine is going to be hopping in with the character she is creating, while she's getting started Vash said he's got some stuff to work on. Once Raine's character is ready, Vash will find a way to write off Tubby's character and write in Raine. Then some of us created 2nd characters as backups in case death.
Excellent

Reactions: TD

T'anks Kiraine

I pressed more buttons. Things happened. Probably... not good things, but things all the same.

Also you cannot present the option to bodysnatch someone and expect me not to take it. The en-costuming of Tuberius is totes canon. :tease

TD

...that's the best kind of canon. Quite the backstory you wrote for yourself (and makes me feel lazy).
:chuckle

TD

When T'anks makes her reveal - we can officially be known as the Adventurers of Chaos.

all 4 of us are Chaotic

T'anks Kiraine

When T'anks makes her reveal - we can officially be known as the Adventurers of Chaos.

all 4 of us are Chaotic
(The concept of) Lawful is so boring, I'm not surprised. Especially with our little community here! :rofl

I love that you used this.

View attachment 7162
Absolutely couldn't let that go to waste! :chuckle Had to swap the hair real quick, but otherwise perfection!

Also her top is cute, but that's probably beside the point. lol

TD

Literally didn't know there was a song like this until right now. My MMO group has been saying this for a decade though because it's true. :rofl

Me playing D&D for the first time ever and still managing to find a way to be the first to die would be rather appropriate.

At least there's a badge for that as a consolation prize.

Scared Turtle GIF by Extreme Improv

TD

You said each turn you get an action and bonus action, right? Like for me for example I could attack and heal, or attack and do bard inspiration?

Do they have to go in a certain order?

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Fair enough, so it’s like 2 attacks with one crossbow bolt.

I would roll 1d20 to see if I hit then 2d6 for damage? One d6 with modifier the other without?
For flavor I'd say it's just hitting them REAL GOOD with one bolt. Like a sucker punch.

But yeah first you roll the d20 (+DEX) to see if your attack hits. If so, then you roll 1d6 +DEX +1d6 for damage.

You said each turn you get an action and bonus action, right? Like for me for example I could attack and heal, or attack and do bard inspiration?

Do they have to go in a certain order?
Your action and bonus action can come in any order.

Whether or not you can heal as a bonus action depends on the way you're trying to heal. Bardic Inspiration is a bonus action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom