Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant (Chapter 2)

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Sounds like a good place to wait for brofist and bromance to occur as Kutshort enters center stage. :tease2
I Agree Yes Yes Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
True story: I just wanted T'anks to be able to use her stealth and be helpful!

Instead RNGesus dictated she lead the party into an ambush that ultimately resulted in her having a sordid love affair with a giant Bugbear.

Life comes at you fast sometimes. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: TD

Tortle Dude

Dude and Kutshort discuss the end of the battle with Klarg, how Kutshort left Dude on the floor. Kutshort explains it was due to there being no danger left, and thought Dude could use the rest.

After hashing everything out
You should not assume "everything is hashed out" on behalf of Dude.

Also saying things like "Dude has a look of surprise"...

You don't know how Dude is going to respond.

You should not assume "everything is hashed out" on behalf of Dude.

Also saying things like "Dude has a look of surprise"...

You don't know how Dude is going to respond.
We will eventually hash it out, but you can respond in between when I start talking and when I tell you about what I learned. This just allows the story to continue without me posting that I fill you in on what I learned

The look of surprise comment was because I started typing my response before you made your post about Dude noticing us enter. I assumed you and t’anks were conversing and didn’t see us enter. I can edit it out if you want

• Disagree
I'll get to it later.

Bold of you to assume that as a character displeased with everyone, that we will hash it out though.
I assumed our characters would stay up all night discussing as long as necessary until things get hashed out, especially with your response to Raine’s post (see below). Since we discussed most of this behind the scenes, I’m okay with our characters reconciling off-camera. If you want to post it all out for everyone to see then we can do that
Sounds like a good place to wait for brofist and bromance to occur as Kutshort enters center stage. :tease2

Tortle Dude

I will not control Kutshort. In the future, please refrain from controlling Dude unless you ask me.

Even something as simple as "Dude and Kutshort discuss the battle", because maybe Dude doesn't want to discuss it with him.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
It's always a good rule of thumb to just leave things completely open for the other players to respond how they will.

Unless you're the DM. YOU'RE IN MY WORLD, SUCKA

• Cheers!

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
If kut doesn't want to rehash everything in character I think a good compromise might be for Dude to realize that while Kutshort might do things that rub him the wrong way (justified or not) that Kutshort does care for him and wants to be friends. The fact that your characters have an unwritten history of being friends for a while can play nicely into that.

I know I've had relationships where I've had to remind myself that the other person, when it's all said and done, is on my side. No matter how much they may infuriate me in the moment.

Also Im hoping Dude explains exactly why he was upset about the sword thing at some point, but that's mainly because I think it's good content. :link

Tortle Dude

I’m talking about now with my most recent post. Imagine the appropriate response to get to the bromance moment Raine mentioned and you agreed with
I never agreed to such thing.

I agreed to pause the dialogue for Kutshort/Dragmire to show up.

But again, you assumed where I was going based off of a gif, instead of asking.

So again, like we discussed even in private.

Just ask.

Can you please explain what your gif meant if it was not agreement that this is the time for a bromance moment? My post was based around that.

Can you also let me know whether you are okay with Vash’s compromise or if Dude and Kutshort will never be the same

Tortle Dude

Can you please explain what your gif meant if it was not agreement that this is the time for a bromance moment? My post was based around that.

Can you also let me know whether you are okay with Vash’s compromise or if Dude and Kutshort will never be the same
This is ridiculous.

It's right here:
I agreed to pause the dialogue for Kutshort/Dragmire to show up.

In terms of Dude/Kutshort - as I've indicated many times in my posts all over the place that Dude has displeasure with the group as a whole.

I'm not saying they won't ever be the same. I'm saying that in this given moment, Dude is at odds with Kutshort for the reasons of my in-character post.

If Dude as a character continues to feel that Kutshort puts himself first, then you can assume the being at odds will only get worse.

You posted a gif stating “what she said” with a person nodding while quoting her post. It’s a reasonable assumption that you were agreeing with her post

I’ll wait for the story to advance

• Rolleyes

Tortle Dude

You posted a gif stating “what she said” with a person nodding while quoting her post. It’s a reasonable assumption that you were agreeing with her post

I’ll wait for the story to advance
So as usual, instead of taking the accountability, instead of asking, you make incorrect assumptions, refute any fault, and place the blame on someone else?

Sounds about right.

It is my fault for assuming, when you post something that means “i agree” you meant “i agree” instead of something else that you still have not shared.

I just want to finally move past this issue, both in game (either they decide they will be friends again or not. I don’t want a will they won’t they) and here.

Going forward I will not mention what another character does, no matter how minor or insignificant I believe the action is. I will stop making assumptions in game about anyone except for Kutshort and Hopper. Even then, I will defer to Vash for Hopper’s actions

• Rolleyes

Tortle Dude

And the fact that you have the nerve to be like "I'm waiting for the next story stuff" when your playstyle is wolf-style shitposting is insulting as fuck to players who play the storytelling playstyle when there's plenty of story there but you ain't reading it.

There's stuff going on right in front of your face.
And I said, I don’t care how our characters get to their resolution, I just want them to get there. If the only way for Dude to forgive Kutshort is for Kutshort to grovel, then Kutshort grovels. If Kutshort sharing the contents of Klarg’s chest is what it takes, then he does that. I honestly do not care how it happens. Kutshort will do what it takes. I’m ready to put that part of the story behind us. If you want to type it out for both sides or work with Vash so he posts the update with Kutshort’s actions, I’m okay with either

Shortkut feels similarly. Neither one is trying to drag this out or make it into a bigger deal. Both just want to continue DnD’ing

Tortle Dude

"I want Kutshort and Dude to be okay but you can type it out."

Fucking listen to yourself man. This isn't wolf where you're gonna try to boss me around the whole time we're on the same team and then not even read what I say, then ask shit that I've already provided.

The more you open your mouth and say this shit, the more annoying you're getting.

Tortle Dude

You don't give a shit about character development. Fine, but I do. It's one of the most important parts of a story for me. If you think I'm just going to write a story for Kutshort and Dude because you want them to be fine, why the fuck would I do that? I'm not here to be your personal genie.

Tortle Dude

Now before I say I'm done with this shit because here I am thinking it again, I'm not going to post in D&D for the remainder of the day.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
It is very clear to me that shortkut doesn't want there to be any animosity. He is learning how to do this and doesn't mean any harm.

He wants to move past this because having friction among the team is not appealing to him.

Forcing him to play a game where that friction exists is on the same level as him posting the actions of another player's character.

shortkut: please don't make assumptions as to what other characters do or feel

TD: please keep in mind that kut doesn't mean any harm and is trying to cater his play to other's styles and that's not an easy thing to do

We all have boundaries that have to be respected.

One of my boundaries is that we all remain kind and respectful to each other as we try and work shit out. This is a cooperative game.

If we cannot do that, this game is untenable and I've been wasting my time.

Vash said it very eloquently

I was never trying to force you to write a story about Dude and Kutshort. I would have been happy if we did the equivalent a fade to black with their audio being unintelligible. I also didnt want to rob you of the chance for your character development. If there were things you wanted Dude to say out loud, then I was going to let you.

Tortle Dude

If I can't play my character the way I want to play it - reading and reacting to how things play out "in game", I don't think I can play and assume some "OOC Agreement" is always in place that the characters will always be frolicking through the flowered field together.

I stopped playing wolf because it's no longer fun for me. If I can't play this like what I described above, then it's best I don't play.

Not an always agree to be frolicking.

I want you to have the freedom to play your character how you want. I’m very flexible with how I’m playing Kutshort, so if you want to take Dude in a particular direction, do it. Kutshort’s responses don’t matter too much. You can ask me some questions here to gauge which way Kutshort would lean if you’re hesitant to make decisions for me.

Tortle Dude

But for me to enjoy playing - you need to understand that I cannot share every intricacy of what Dude is doing. I share pretty much what I'm willing to in my in-character posts, if you have questions about that then I'll oblige. But again, don't assume I'm planning to do something unless I've explicitly stated I'm going to.

If you want to know more about what I'm doing, it's in my in-character posts. The way you can look at it is action and character text is for you to see "in character". Italicized text is mostly narrative to paint a bigger picture for us as players, not for our characters to know (with the exception of stuff like body language and vocal descriptors).

Also technically the next story update is waiting for everyone to grab their drink at the bar so the entertainment can start.

just saying

Tortle Dude

On the topic of boundaries:

- If you're not going to read my storytelling posts, then fine, don't, but don't come and challenge me on what I'm doing. Especially OOC. If you have questions, ask, but don't blame me for something you assumed. I can tell when things aren't read.

- If you don't want to engage in the ingame dialogue with me because it doesn't fit your playstyle, then again, don't, but don't start coming off as impatient and pushy that you want to keep moving.

- I've been using the tavern to pretty much shoot the shit and have some very loose planning. My in character posts will be where you get most of my stuff. If you want me to clarify something or ask me something, by all means. You may not always get an explicit answer.

- If your character does or says something in character that Dude as a character doesn't like, don't expect me to just let it go and pretend it doesn't happen. It breaks my immersion, completely.

If these boundaries are crossed again, I'm done. To be clear. If you can't accept the boundaries, then fine. I'll move on.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Most characters will start with some amount of gold. Less so if they outfitted their character with weapons and armor that didn't come as part of their class selection.

• Cheers!
I’ve been maintaining the currency I have accurately in Beyond. I haven’t read Vash’s post in the campaign, but I can do the math for the copper and silver to divide it evenly, especially since I never used any of that, if that’s what’s required

Back
Top Bottom