Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant (Chapter 2)

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
1709762374823.png

@shortkut
@Raine
@TD
@GwJumpman

You have all leveled up!

To do this on D&D Beyond, first you want to select "Manage" next to your character portrait.

1709508671882.png

Then you will choose "Manage Character & Levels"

1709508712993.png

There you will see the Character Builder you may remember from creating your character. There is a dropdown field where you will select your new level.

1709508788717.png

After you select Level 2, it will auto-populate additional fields below with any class features you may have unlocked. Also you may need to select "Spells" and see if you get to choose new spells along with your new level.

Its been a very long time since I've gotten to level one of my own characters, so if you have any questions, we can work this out together. :link

Last edited:

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
When we get everyone levelled up I'll open the new Campaign thread. That will be tomorrow at the earliest, as I've got company coming over to watch the AEW PPV. Sting's last match tonight, y'all.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Pretty sure when you choose the new level, it will auto-add your new HP based on the average HP gain for your class.

You should be able to click on that field and manually override it if you want to roll for it?

• Hmm
Reactions: TD
Im not sure if I’m doing this right. I thought my stats are supposed to increase, but compared to the pdf I shared in my character thread, I think only my HP increased

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
So I leveled up and I have 11 HP now, I picked up a Spell (Detect Magic 'cause why not?), and now it's on the stat screen... do we leave that alone? Is respec a thing? I'm drowning~ 🤔

• Seen

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
To make it more likely that Dude has to try even harder to keep her alive?

Star Wars GIF

although I'm leaning rolling

Tortle Dude

You have to manually adjust your hp by going to manage hp. It won't auto calculate and you have to roll separate with a d8 then add your CON modifier but I did it in the Beyond app to prove I wasn't cheating.
1000011162.jpg

T'anks Kiraine

Shit's gonna get complicated.

Ability Score Improvement

When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

Using the optional feats rule, you can forgo taking this feature to take a feat of your choice instead.

Worth noting, too, that if you keep Rogue at lv3 and use 4th level to multiclass dip into something else, you're then apparently delaying the ASI/Feat until 5th level. And with ASI, there are breakpoints that lead to proficiency so YMMV when and how things are worth doing, depending on other things. 🤯

• Seen

Dragmire

Shit's gonna get complicated.

Worth noting, too, that if you keep Rogue at lv3 and use 4th level to multiclass dip into something else, you're then apparently delaying the ASI/Feat until 5th level. And with ASI, there are breakpoints that lead to proficiency so YMMV when and how things are worth doing, depending on other things. 🤯
Yep that's one of the tradeoffs for multiclassing; you're exchanging that consistent ASI Upgrade or Feat gain with just leveling another class instead. You can still get ASI/Feats but you gotta hit the actual level for it per class I think

Tortle Dude

Personally I can't wait for it to get more "complicated".

Based on what I've read, build customization is virtually endless and I live for that level of customization.

...so we gotta get T'anks to level 4 to boost her CON since respeccing doesn't appear to be a thing.

What Could Go Wrong Donald Trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant

T'anks Kiraine

I'm expecting lots of bar fighting and whoring, with a lot of casual racism for good measure since this sounds like some backwater rest stop village. Nothing could possibly go wrong with our dice rolls! :chuckle

• Haha

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
One thing LOVE about this format vs At The Table is you don't necessarily need to take notes.

Would still make things easier, but information is not lost to the ether.

I also absolutely love party interaction and not just because I can be lazy and sit back a bit.

Tortle Dude

Dude needs the rest of the group to catch up after he just put T'anks in the doghouse again.

:chuckle

The last thing about the horses was when Dude tamed them and we brought them with us. If needed I can go dig it up.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Whenever I read the name of the new chapter I can't help but think of Big Trouble in Little China...
big trouble in little china GIF

Big Trouble in Little Phandalin confirmed? :thinking

Also, Kurt Russell in the GIF has at least 3 levels in monk to use the Deflect Missiles ability...
So funny story

One of the rules I made when we were naming our son was that the name had to be something that a Kurt Russell character could be named.

Jack was too common though, so it didn't make the cut.

Should have gone with Snake.

Back
Top Bottom