Campaign Stormwreck Isle; The Forgotten Clifftop Observatory (1-4)

Part 4 - The Forgotten Clifftop Observatory
DM Screen | Initiative | Map

title.png

MAP:

THE STORY SO FAR:

THE QUEST:
  • Investigate the abandoned Clifftop Observatory.
  • Find out what happened to Aidron.

THE LOCATION:

THE PARTY:
Aims'Orreh
Level 3 Beast Path Barbarian​
Nac
Level 3 Drunken Master Monk​
Moonsprout
Level 3 Lore 'College' Bard​
Short
Level 3 Arctic Circle Druid​
Zesty
Level 3 Battle Smith Artificer​
aimsorreh.pngnac.pngmoonsprout.pngshort.pngzesty.png

ITEM GLOSSARY:
ImageNameValue (per) copper.pngsilver.pnggold.pngWeight (per)Description
file-pVmgHgYEB9YKYx2GtAASY75F.png
Wind Spore Mushrooms
30 gold.png0.06 lbsA rare fungus with a unique magical property. When a creature squeezes a wind spore mushroom's cap, it releases a small cloud of spores. For 1 hour, the creature doesn't need to breathe, as the spores provide it with oxygen.
file-moYw6GogFv7wpuA90IyNwKTo.png
Obsidian Chunk
10 gold.png1 lbAn uncut opaque black gemstone.
file-D8FV3REG53vwt44CZPF5gFDU.png
Heart Cap Mushrooms
30 gold.png0.2 lbsThese mushrooms bear an unsettling resemblance to human hearts.
file-qdHIQqxCkWhZME6ymOpQj50s.png
Potion of Healing
50 gold.png0.5 lbsThis potion's red liquid glimmers when agitated. You regain 2d4+2 hit points when you drink this potion.
file-Wvp782vE4qJWR2QTy1tcpOXR.pngA Fine LuteThe guy at Guitar Center told me this was the best one.
file-qUiTfpHVb3SLLXv10Ep2Xyya.pngBoots of ElvenkindWhile you wear these boots, your steps make no sound, regardless of the surface you are moving across. You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks that rely on moving silently.
file-EF5LK9mU1tyc9CrzMQNFhGQq.pngSpell Scroll of CommandThis scroll can be used to cast the spell Command once, without requirement for components or a spell slot, as long as this spell is on your class spell list.
file-LVnezJxtbEHmlCxy9bTYz2rS.pngBeany-BjörnThis is a harness sized to carry a halfling, or a child, but what's the difference?

THE STORY CONTINUES...

Last edited:
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Quoted Image
You stand beside Zesty, the weight of the situation pressing heavily upon your shoulders as Myla clutches at the air, her eyes clouded with confusion and pain. Amid the hushed murmurs of the night wind, Zesty's voice cuts through the tension with unwavering resolve. "The blue dragon shall earn no quarter from me." he declares, his tone steely. "He will die by my hand."

Your own concern deepens as you take in the scene before you. "What of that dick Tarak and the scary buff ladydude with the scar and the other kobolds? How can we help?" you ask, urgency coloring your voice, searching for answers amid the chaos.

Myla, still weak but recovering under Runara's gentle healing, tries to piece together her fragmented thoughts. "Me saw... some of young ones panic, see them run into woods," she murmurs, her voice barely a whisper. "Tarak, Varnoth, and Agga—they follow. Try to bring kobold back..."

Her gaze drifts toward the darkened woods bordering the cliffs leading to the monastery, her concern for the missing kobolds clear in her weary eyes. The thought of them, lost or in danger, adds another layer of urgency to the night's already grim atmosphere.

Quoted Image
Runara stands, her presence commanding as she surveys the worried faces gathered around her. The air tingles with a palpable tension as she makes a resolute decision. "I'll find the others," she declares, her voice a mix of determination and reassurance that echoes slightly in the quiet of the night.

With a crack of thunder that seems to summon the very forces of nature, and a blinding flash that momentarily illuminates the surrounding area like a second sun, Runara undergoes her transformation. Her human form expands and shifts, growing larger and more formidable until she stands in her true form—the magnificent bronze dragon you met before, scales glittering like molten metal under the moonlight.

Without a moment's hesitation, she throws herself off the cliff's edge, her massive wings unfurling gracefully. The sound of powerful wingbeats fills the air as she catches the night breeze, gliding towards the distant trees. From this vantage point, she will survey the forest from above, her keen eyes scanning for any sign of Tarak, Varnoth, Agga, and the young kobolds.

file-FOYWVsnaobLn7D2FitSSFKRQ.png

Her departure leaves a wake of awe and renewed hope among you and your companions. The sight of her majestic form soaring through the sky, coupled with her fierce resolve, reinforces the protective mantle she holds over all who reside within Dragon's Rest. You feel a momentary relief amidst the chaos, knowing that if anyone can find the missing kobolds quickly and bring them to safety, it is Runara.

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
A grave look of concern passes over Moonsprout's face.

Oh no. Oh nononono, this could get a LOT worse. They better not have wandered into owlybeary's territory. I don't know how open he'd be to intruders without a friendly Halfling there to make introductions.

You!

He gestures to Aims.

Brutish orc! I need your strength and speed and size. Get me back into those woods so we can save those kobolds. Y'know, the same ones you played with when you first arrived here.

• Respect
Reactions: Ben

Nac McWeeble

Incense & Iron
As Nac sees the smoking remains of Myla's workshop, and the corpses of Mek and Minn, something within him breaks. This reminds him all too well of the scenes he witnessed in his childhood village. And the death of his parents.

This... this will NAE go unanswered. HOW DARE THEY DEFILE THE SANCTITY O' DRAGON'S REST?! he bellows in anger, thoughts going back to his own monastery as well. How devastated he would be if something happened to those monks who took him in and gave him a home.

Nac slams his fist into the rock wall, cracking it slightly, blood running down his knuckles. As he turns towards Myla's deceased brothers, his wrathful visage softens considerably.

And ye two... ye apparently have more courage than I first gave ye credit for... Ye protected yer sister at the cost o' yer lives. May the light of Helm the Protector always shine upon ye. Nac says with a bow.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Quoted Image
As Runara's form disappears around a mountain, a rumble of thunder rolls across the sky, heralding the sudden onset of a violent storm. The winds pick up with ferocity, whipping the trees and stirring the ocean into a frenzy of waves. The quiet of the night is shattered by the storm's wrath, pushing in from nowhere, engulfing the land in its tumultuous embrace.

Quoted Image
Amidst this chaos, you take action without hesitation. Lifting Myla carefully, you carry her away from the open plaza to seek shelter from the burgeoning storm. The nearest stone cell down the line belongs to Varnoth. As you enter the dimly lit room and lay the injured kobold down on the mattress, a glimpse of something unusual catches your eye—an empty sword sheathe protruding from underneath the bed. It's a clear sign that Varnoth had taken a moment to arm herself with a hidden weapon before rushing after the young kobolds.

Quoted Image
You make your best effort at rallying the troops. With a sense of urgency, you turn to Aims, "Get me back into those woods so we can save those kobolds." You climb into the custom-made Beany-Björn, designed for the half-orc's broad shoulders. Once secured, you give a firm nod at the wall of green meat, hoping he understands the gravity of your task.

Quoted Image
Overwhelmed by the chaotic night, you lean against the wall of the monastery, your fist colliding with the stone in a burst of frustration. The impact sends a jolt through your arm, triggering a painful flashback to the night you lost your parents—a memory filled with similar storms and cries in the dark. Shaking your head to dispel the ghosts of the past, you refocus on the present crisis, your resolve hardening.

((I kind of made Runara leave without specifically "ending" the quest. But you investigated the tower and freed Aidron, so you did the thing.

Once you are good to long rest, you can level up to 4.))

• Hugs
Reactions: Jon
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((I almost pulled some fuckery to just long-rest all of you so that you can do the level up, but thematically that's not necessarily what you might want to do.

So instead, I will rule that you can all level up without necessarily taking a long-rest. I have no idea if D&D Beyond will heal you if you do this, but I'd assume... No? We'll see.

Because if you're in an urgent situation where you're mounting a search party, and tending to someone who's barely clinging to life, maybe you aren't all going to go get 8 hours of sleep... :thinking ))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
((I almost pulled some fuckery to just long-rest all of you so that you can do the level up, but thematically that's not necessarily what you might want to do.

So instead, I will rule that you can all level up without necessarily taking a long-rest. I have no idea if D&D Beyond will heal you if you do this, but I'd assume... No? We'll see.

Because if you're in an urgent situation where you're mounting a search party, and tending to someone who's barely clinging to life, maybe you aren't all going to go get 8 hours of sleep... :thinking ))
((I'll probably attend to Myla until or unless someone else is available to take over, which I find unlikely until the search party comes.

Can I send Boltzmann out with the party and simply take turns only for him? Or leave him to protect Myla and I can go with the party? He's supposed to be tied to me, so I don't want to assume I can do something like that without checking with you first @Ben. Once I know, I'll add an RP about the attunement and the resulting situation and level up in the meantime.

I don't know if this is true for others, but level 4 it just a small stat update for me, so nothing fun.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((I'll probably attend to Myla until or unless someone else is available to take over, which I find unlikely until the search party comes.

Can I send Boltzmann out with the party and simply take turns only for him? Or leave him to protect Myla and I can go with the party? He's supposed to be tied to me, so I don't want to assume I can do something like that without checking with you first @Ben. Once I know, I'll add an RP about the attunement and the resulting situation and level up in the meantime.

I don't know if this is true for others, but level 4 it just a small stat update for me, so nothing fun.))
((I'd say it's cool if you want to leave him there and go with the group. You could arguably program him to attack as a reaction if anyone not chill comes close. It'd only activate to attack the once, though.))

• Agree

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
((Sorry folks. I haven't had a lot of time to come here to write things, even though I'm active elsewhere. It's been like 5 mins here, another 10 there and I haven't felt I could use that to throw anything worthwhile here.

I'll get to it sometime today. Hopefully at lunch time. And my lunch is at 8pm est.))

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims is one not shocked by the horrors happening at the enclave. He's seen it many times before, and has even been part of it. Seemingly peaceful villages, towns, places of rest suddenly turned into pits of despair and sorrow.

For better or worse, those times have taught Aims to be ready for anything. At the first sight of the two kobolts laying in Myla's doorway, before Zesty or Short could act, he already had his eyes peeled further up and behind them for enemies. When danger is afoot, it's never too far. Especially when the group knows this has all happened between the time they walked back from the observatory.

Finding nothing eye catching at first, he hears the halfling yell and urge for the two to mount a rescue mission of sorts. Whether it's for the kobolts or the owlbear it's still dangerous in the area. A danger that needs to be dealt with.

Alright halfling. Let us set off.

After Moonsprout is on and buckled up, Aims turns towards the path to the enclave. He walks slightly further down the hill and starts looking down at the ground to see any tracks or signs of the raiders and where they went before heading towards the owlbears area.

• Respect
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Aims is one not shocked by the horrors happening at the enclave. He's seen it many times before, and has even been part of it. Seemingly peaceful villages, towns, places of rest suddenly turned into pits of despair and sorrow.

For better or worse, those times have taught Aims to be ready for anything. At the first sight of the two kobolts laying in Myla's doorway, before Zesty or Short could act, he already had his eyes peeled further up and behind them for enemies. When danger is afoot, it's never too far. Especially when the group knows this has all happened between the time they walked back from the observatory.

Finding nothing eye catching at first, he hears the halfling yell and urge for the two to mount a rescue mission of sorts. Whether it's for the kobolts or the owlbear it's still dangerous in the area. A danger that needs to be dealt with.

Alright halfling. Let us set off.

After Moonsprout is on and buckled up, Aims turns towards the path to the enclave. He walks slightly further down the hill and starts looking down at the ground to see any tracks or signs of the raiders and where they went before heading towards the owlbears area.
((Roll me a survival, sir.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Hmmm... Footsteps... small... Druid? Or halfling... or maybe...
Quoted Image
Once secured in the Beany-Björn, Moonsprout gives a firm nod, his face set with determination. You heed the unspoken call to action and set off with purposeful strides. The night air is thick with the impending storm, and as you reach the bottom of the monastery's stone steps, a multitude of footprints catch your eye. They lead into the shadowy embrace of the trees, the ground beneath them quickly turning to mud under the relentless downpour. Despite the simplicity of the direction—south, away from the northern ocean—it strikes you as a clear path, even obvious, but it's a path you're determined to follow.

The rain intensifies, pelting down like a barrage of arrows in a battlefield skirmish, as you follow the tracks. Each step forward is a battle against the elements, your head bowed against the driving rain, your eyes scanning the muddied earth. The small pass between two looming mountains serves as your temporary shelter from the storm, but even here, the onslaught of rain begins to obliterate the tracks you've been following. Soon, the trail becomes a washout, and you find yourself losing direction.

file-ZgWHmexyNBMEbaKyBMHKPgWF.png

You stand still, rain streaming off your massive form, pooling around your feet. Your military training kicks in, a calm center in the storm of your thoughts. Panic is an enemy you've faced and conquered many times before. You close your eyes momentarily, letting your other senses heighten. Listening intently, you strain to hear any sounds over the cacophony of the storm—shouts, cries, the crack of branches—anything that might guide you to the missing kobolds and your comrades. The night is alive with the roar of wind and water, yet you stand firm, a steadfast giant against the tempest, ready to catch any clue that might lead you through the darkness.

1714110972771.png

((Either of you, or both, can roll me Perception. Or Survival again. Your choice.))

Last edited:

Moonsprout Beandirt

Moonsprout scans the horizon for any sign of life. The whipping wind and the rains don't make the task easy, but Moonsprout has honed his survival skills over the years of living freely with nature.

((Rollan for survival/perception (same modifiers for me))) ((+4 btw))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Moonsprout scans the horizon for any sign of life. The whipping wind and the rains don't make the task easy, but Moonsprout has honed his survival skills over the years of living freely with nature.

((Rollan for survival/perception (same modifiers for me))) ((+4 btw))
Quoted Image
Perched securely on Aims' broad shoulders, you use your heightened survival skills to navigate through the storm. Your ears, tuned to the subtleties of the natural world, pick up the distinct crack of lightning. However, the flash seems unnaturally low, occurring beneath the canopy of the trees rather than above. Sensing that this anomaly could lead you to your comrades, you urge Aims toward the sound.

"Head that way, quickly!" you direct, pointing through the trees where the odd lightning had sparked. Aims, trusting your instincts, adjusts his course and picks up the pace. The two of you push through the whipping rain and gusting winds, branches snapping underfoot as you make your way towards the source of the disturbance.

Emerging into a clearing, you are met with a striking scene. Runara, in her majestic draconic form, is in the midst of transforming back into her human guise. She lands gracefully despite the storm, with residual bolts of lightning discharging from her form as she touches down. Her transformation is a spectacle of nature's raw power, mirrored by the storm around you.

As Runara regains her human form, she strides towards a solitary, hunched figure in the clearing. It's Varnoth, kneeling in front of a terrible sight—a mound of a dozen or more kobold bodies. Thankfully these underfed disjointed bodies convey they are not the monastery kobolds.

1000006182.png
((not fully accurate, but it was cool.))

The scene is grim; Varnoth is drenched in blood, her clothing torn and her wooden prosthetic leg broken, rendering her unable to stand without support. She leans heavily on the long sword she holds, her grip on the blade the only thing keeping her upright.

In the distance, beyond a smoking crater that marks where Runara drove away some stragglers, you catch sight of a few of Sparkrender's kobolds retreating towards the trees, their figures quickly swallowed by the dark.

Runara approaches Varnoth, her expression a blend of concern and command. She reaches out to support the wounded warrior, but Varnoth pushes her away stubbornly. Despite her severe injuries, Varnoth's pride won't allow her to accept help easily. She grits her teeth in frustration, attempting repeatedly to stand on her broken leg, only to fall each time.

The tableau is poignant, encapsulating the pride, pain, and resilience of a warrior who has faced overwhelming odds. As Runara persists, gently urging Varnoth to accept her aid, the storm continues to rage around you, the relentless rain mirroring the tears of the fallen as the night wears on.

Nac McWeeble

Incense & Iron
((Varnoth is a fukken badass.))

As the day begins to approach Nightfall, Nac looks down at Myla in Varnoth's bed. Her otherwise Bright Eyes now closed for the time being. Hearing the powerful beats of Runara's wings as she starts to Fly off Into the Storm, Nac thinks to himself: Spread Yer Wings, and find the others safely. Nac exits the cave where Myla is resting and looks Out on the Water where the storm makes waves that crash against the shore, almost mimicking that of a heartbeat. That reminds Nac of the attunement to the Sash of the Blind Guardian.

Realising that Varnoth's cave fits the description of a quiet place, where he can meditate while keeping Myla company. He returns to the almost Black Chamber and sits down crosslegged next to the matress. Ready for a Journey Through the Dark he ties the sash over his eyes. As he centers himself and shuts off the outside world The Steadfast monk begins to focus on his heartbeat and his breathing. His mind traveling down A Dark Passage as he enters meditation, he tries to get his heartbeat and breathing to sync up.

Recalling the words of Nom the Wise, one of the monks back at the monastery: "Picture a hill in your mind, Captured in a gale of winds. As your mind calms so does the winds around the hill." Nac begins to meditate and calm his mind. Time, What is Time when you are meditating and stretching your senses beyond your self. Suddenly it is as if Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill) of his mind, and his heart and breathing are one. Where the once was a Battlefield of emotions there is now only calmness. Nac feels the spiritual trace of Hansi imbued in the cloth around his eyes.

After several hours of meditating something snaps into being on the hill inside his mind. Nac sees a vision of the Guardian of the Blind, Hansi himself standing there telling him to trust in his senses and see beyond what his eyes can percieve. Nac's other senses come together and almost create Imaginations From the other Side of the blindfold. It is as if he can see without seeing! Nac stands up without removing the blindfold, and takes off in a sprint, fully trusting his newfound "vision". He runs up towards the temple, but suddenly veers off and begins scaling the rock walls feeling and sensing where handholds can be found. He climbs and jumps, never doubting his senses, landing in a sprint again.

Suddenly he finds himself at the grave overlooking the cliff and the ocean without really knowing how he got there, his spirit and senses having guided him there. He somehow senses that Hansi has approved of what he has done, so he slowly removes the blindfold, standing there breathing and smiling.

((Is this okay @Ben? Or should I write more/differently?))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Varnoth is a fukken badass.))

As the day begins to approach Nightfall, Nac looks down at Myla in Varnoth's bed. Her otherwise Bright Eyes now closed for the time being. Hearing the powerful beats of Runara's wings as she starts to Fly off Into the Storm, Nac thinks to himself: Spread Yer Wings, and find the others safely. Nac exits the cave where Myla is resting and looks Out on the Water where the storm makes waves that crash against the shore, almost mimicking that of a heartbeat. That reminds Nac of the attunement to the Sash of the Blind Guardian.

Realising that Varnoth's cave fits the description of a quiet place, where he can meditate while keeping Myla company. He returns to the almost Black Chamber and sits down crosslegged next to the matress. Ready for a Journey Through the Dark he ties the sash over his eyes. As he centers himself and shuts off the outside world The Steadfast monk begins to focus on his heartbeat and his breathing. His mind traveling down A Dark Passage as he enters meditation, he tries to get his heartbeat and breathing to sync up.

Recalling the words of Nom the Wise, one of the monks back at the monastery: "Picture a hill in your mind, Captured in a gale of winds. As your mind calms so does the winds around the hill." Nac begins to meditate and calm his mind. Time, What is Time when you are meditating and stretching your senses beyond your self. Suddenly it is as if Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill) of his mind, and his heart and breathing are one. Where the once was a Battlefield of emotions there is now only calmness. Nac feels the spiritual trace of Hansi imbued in the cloth around his eyes.

After several hours of meditating something snaps into being on the hill inside his mind. Nac sees a vision of the Guardian of the Blind, Hansi himself standing there telling him to trust in his senses and see beyond what his eyes can percieve. Nac's other senses come together and almost create Imaginations From the other Side of the blindfold. It is as if he can see without seeing! Nac stands up without removing the blindfold, and takes off in a sprint, fully trusting his newfound "vision". He runs up towards the temple, but suddenly veers off and begins scaling the rock walls feeling and sensing where handholds can be found. He climbs and jumps, never doubting his senses, landing in a sprint again.

Suddenly he finds himself at the grave overlooking the cliff and the ocean without really knowing how he got there, his spirit and senses having guided him there. He somehow senses that Hansi has approved of what he has done, so he slowly removes the blindfold, standing there breathing and smiling.

((Is this okay @Ben? Or should I write more/differently?))
Quoted Image
As you tie the sash around your eyes, a tingling sensation passes through you. The world darkens, but in its place, a new kind of vision emerges—blindsight. You can no longer see with your eyes, but you can perceive the environment around you in a way you never thought possible. The blindfold does not block your view but rather broadens your senses, allowing you to feel the presence of life around you, the layout of the land, and even the subtle shifts in the air.

Compelled by this newfound ability, you make your way to the northern peninsula of Stormwreck Isle that holds Brastos' grave. Standing there, the fabric of the sash fluttering slightly with the wind, you feel a profound connection to the world around you. As you gaze out towards the sea, the distant fog lingering over Compass Rose begins to dissipate.

You sense the vastness of the ocean, the rhythmic pulse of the waves, and the distant call of seabirds. It's a moment of peace amidst the storm, a rare pause in the relentless rhythm of chaos that has defined your journey. This brief respite allows you to gather your thoughts and your strength, preparing you for whatever challenges may lie ahead as the guardian of this mysterious and storm-wracked isle.

file-oGLb4kExWEwSvrxcXXLGmuW5.png

Short Order begins to contemplate everything that's been happening of late, and looks to his ring finger, which is now donning the scorpion ring he attained earlier. He looks to Myla, and sees the loss she's experienced in her eyes. He now know what he has to do.

He goes back to the scene where he was quickly able to snuff out the fires earlier, and where Mek and Minn were slain by their former comrades turned enemy. Knowing how large a loss this was, after first trying to save them from their deaths earlier, he begins to think. As the sun begins to set, he finds a piece of destroyed workbench from Myla's belongings and moves it to where the bodies of the fallen kobolds once were, and uses Druidcraft to once again light a fire where the charred wood stands. When lit, he places the ring into the flames.

When I was younger, and just finished my training as a druid acolyte, I went to a city to begin testing my new abilities. It was supposed to be an outing where I met others who were like me, and learned even more on the path to starting my own adventure. I was instead drawn to the nightlife and began to fall astray from my original path. I forgot the touch of the earth, instead staying indoors at all times of day lusting for my own enjoyment. An imp of a man saw this, and came to me with a proposition that would allow me to stay with this enjoyment forever, and I was tempted. I took the medicines he offered me without question, and woke up the next day not knowing what was different about me.

At that point I realized that, while I still had my powers, my connections to the earth and all its glory had been severed. I betrayed my order and my own ideals for what I thought would be best, but instead just ended up sacrificing my life as an actual druid. I've been on this journey to try and figure out what it means to be a druid once more...and hope that I may one day gain my connections to nature back in full. Mek...Minn, you lost your ways as well, but then were able to come back to your family and offer your protection once more. I hope to one day be as capable as you were in coming back from the brink and seeing everything so clearly again.

Short Order then reaches back into the flames to retrieve his ring. Feeling a certain pull that he used to feel with the earth, he knows this means something special.

Zesty Zapcrackle

With Myla laying on the mattress, barely clinging to consciousness, Zesty feels uneasy. Does he leave now to go after Sparkrender? Does he wait till she heals? The others have the kobolds dealt with, he convinces himself. He should remain by Myla's side till daybreak, then, with or without the others, return to the observatory to face Sparkrender to make him pay for his crimes.

As he frets over Myla's health, the Temporal Adjustment Bricks begin to rattle and glow from Zesty's pocket. The frequencies calling to him, he suddenly realizes what he must do. It will take a while, but he must. He kneels beside her.

Boltz... I must meditate. Be on defense. If anyone other than the party or a Dragon's Rest inhabitant enters the room, you tear them to shreds.

The Mechwolf understand the command, and puts itself into a heightened alert mode to protect Myla and its master.

Zesty takes each brick, one in each hand, and recites an oath, hoping to attune himself to the bricks, as the book mentioned.

I vow to respect the sanctity of the timeline. I vow only to intervene in a way that will not cause catastrophic time paradoxes that cannot be undone. I vow to use this power to protect the timeline and those within it.

With the final word, the bricks begin to glow and Zesty's consciousness is fully removed from his body. He enters an almost astral plane type existence and seems to almost be floating above his body. For a brief moment, it feels almost as an existential crises. Until... WHOOSH... Zesty begins experiencing timelines across what feels like a multiverse and all at the same time. Choices and actions he's made and ways events could have gone differently had he chosen different actions. The final location becoming clearer and clearer.

He's back in the cave with the group, fighting Carl. Perhaps his biggest regret and the most altering choice Zesty has made on his journey thus far. He's still outside time and space, watching as the group relentlessly hammers Carl. Giving him no quarter and murdering him, with Carlson mere feet away.

I can intervene! I can save him! I can stop Aims' mutilating and eating him! This is my chance! the artificer thought!

He moves forward in an attempt to prevent the final blow on Carl. he's mere inches away from the Merrow, ready to save him and stop the worst atrocity he could imagine.

But he stops.

He's not sure why at first.

Then it hits him.

The Bricks. They are testing me. They want to know if I will prevent my biggest regret from occurring. They choose who they help. And if I want to protect the timeline, then I MUST accept my past transgressions. Continue to learn and grow from them. But this is the timeline. This is the choice I made. I cannot alter what has already happened.

He drops to his knees.

I accept the consequences of my choices. I cannot remedy the past, but I can change who I have become and be better. DO better. I will BE better. And I will protect those I care about with the very last breath I take!

Suddenly, Zesty is back. He's still kneeling beside Boltz and Myla. He doesn't know how long he was gone, or what the future holds. But he knows that is is time to rest before facing off against Sparkrender.

((@Ben - I'm gonna to include multiple RPs here to keep things moving, since I also want to try to create something during this long rest. So if you want to build in the response from the Bricks attunement here, then Zesty will go into tinkering mode, then take a long rest. And you can address the result of the tinkering after. This will give others time to do their thing at night before resting and during day I'll set off for the observatory.

For the tinkering, I'd like to TRY to create a cool pistol/long rifle. One with basic pistol or long rifle stats so it's not some stupid op homebrew thing. But if that isn't going to be allowed, the backup is to hopefully create a cool mechanical longbow. Just looking to create a new weapon.))

Before laying to sleep, Zesty pulls out his tinkerer's tools. They remind him of Myla, who sold them to him. He frail body, breathing slow, but thankfully steadily. A weapon... that's what he needs. Something to help him fight against Sparkrender. A nice firearm to kill the dragon would be the most ideal solution. But anything to exact a small amount of revenge on the blue dragon for his crimes against Dragon's Rest.

Zesty attempts to create a firearm.

((Finally, and I'm sorry, this is a WALL, but here is a summary of changes from my level up so everyone knows:

Moved to level 4.
Chose the Fey Touched feat instead of stat boost.
This added +1 INT and the Misty Step Spell and another Divination/Enchantment 1st level spell.
I chose Bless as the spell with this to help support the team.
I also switched out my Green-Flame Blade cantrip for Guidance for more support.
Added the Detect Magic spell for level.
Switched Tasha's Caustic Brew for Feather Fall.
Took a long rest.))

• This Is Fire
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Short Order begins to contemplate everything that's been happening of late, and looks to his ring finger, which is now donning the scorpion ring he attained earlier. He looks to Myla, and sees the loss she's experienced in her eyes. He now know what he has to do.

He goes back to the scene where he was quickly able to snuff out the fires earlier, and where Mek and Minn were slain by their former comrades turned enemy. Knowing how large a loss this was, after first trying to save them from their deaths earlier, he begins to think. As the sun begins to set, he finds a piece of destroyed workbench from Myla's belongings and moves it to where the bodies of the fallen kobolds once were, and uses Druidcraft to once again light a fire where the charred wood stands. When lit, he places the ring into the flames.

When I was younger, and just finished my training as a druid acolyte, I went to a city to begin testing my new abilities. It was supposed to be an outing where I met others who were like me, and learned even more on the path to starting my own adventure. I was instead drawn to the nightlife and began to fall astray from my original path. I forgot the touch of the earth, instead staying indoors at all times of day lusting for my own enjoyment. An imp of a man saw this, and came to me with a proposition that would allow me to stay with this enjoyment forever, and I was tempted. I took the medicines he offered me without question, and woke up the next day not knowing what was different about me.

At that point I realized that, while I still had my powers, my connections to the earth and all its glory had been severed. I betrayed my order and my own ideals for what I thought would be best, but instead just ended up sacrificing my life as an actual druid. I've been on this journey to try and figure out what it means to be a druid once more...and hope that I may one day gain my connections to nature back in full. Mek...Minn, you lost your ways as well, but then were able to come back to your family and offer your protection once more. I hope to one day be as capable as you were in coming back from the brink and seeing everything so clearly again.

Short Order then reaches back into the flames to retrieve his ring. Feeling a certain pull that he used to feel with the earth, he knows this means something special.
Quoted Image
In a gesture symbolizing your resolve to regain your lost ties, you slowly slide the ring with the scorpion design back onto your finger. The moment the cold metal touches your skin, you feel the legs of the scorpion tighten around your finger. It's not painful but rather affirming, as if the ring itself acknowledges your renewed dedication. The sensation extends up your forearm, imbuing you with a strange and potent force.

Motivated by this newfound strength, you lift your hand and the tail of the scorpion ring vibrates with arcane energy. With a swift, deliberate gesture, the spiked stinger at the end magically extends, launching itself towards the stone ceiling of the plaza. The stinger buries itself firmly into the rock, and the line retracts slightly, lifting you off the ground.

Suspended in mid-air, you take a moment to appreciate this manifestation of magic. It feels like a sign, a signal that perhaps your connection to the natural world isn't as severed as you feared. The earth and stone above, though touched by the ring's magic, are elements of the world you wish to be bonded with again.

Hanging there, you allow yourself to feel the subtle energies of the earth coursing through the stone and into the fibers of the ring, connecting you once more to the very essence of your druidic roots. This physical elevation mirrors your spiritual uplift—a symbol that perhaps, just maybe, there is a path back to the full embrace of nature. As you contemplate this possibility, a sense of hope fills you, bolstering your resolve to walk this path until you can stand once again as a true guardian of the natural order.

• Chef’s Kiss

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims finds himself at the sight of a glorious battle. One he wishes to have been part of himself. Varnoth, bloodied and bruised, barely standing on her one good leg, still attempting to pull herself back up to go for more. If it wasn't for Runara's entrance to the scene of Varnoth's masterpiece, how many more kobolts would've fallen victim to her sword before she finally falls. Perhaps not victorious, but undoubtedly better off than her victims.

The half-orc, carrying the halfling most likely grimacing at the horrid scene, walks on over to Runara and Varnoth. He puts his hands on Runara's shoulder and pulls her back to step in front of Varnoth. Perhaps it's a miracle she's still alive, but Aims can see a familiar fire in her eyes. One he's very accustomed to see himself. He sees the glory and honor she claimed in this battle. It would be a wonderful tale to tell for decades to come.

What a terrific painting you've created here! I am amazed. I could tell the day we met that there was a great warrior within you. And here you have proven it for us all! In this place, I am sure you must have been driven insane to live, to kill, to stay alive, to earn glory for the gates of heaven or hell. How the fire within you must have burned brightly as the energy inside your foes went dim.

You are definitely not far from death yourself. I do not know if you wished to perish in the midst of battle and we stole that from you. But it is also true that there may not be anything greater to accomplish after death.

So human. I only have one question for you.

Do you yearn for more?

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Took a long rest.))
((We weren't gonna long rest, in favor of just getting to level and not losing the track of the fleeing kobold by having to wait 8 hours. But I guess you went and did it, you time-meddling fuck! Good job getting 8 hours of rest in the Quantum-realm.))

Quoted Image
@Jon - As you emerge from your trance, you feel as if you've been resting for a full eight hours. The intricate web of timelines and choices you experienced leaves you with a sharp clarity and renewed purpose. Standing beside Myla's quiet form and under the vigilant gaze of Boltzmann, you resolve to prepare for the confrontation with Sparkrender by crafting a powerful tool—a weapon of justice.

Your tinkerer's tools, a familiar weight in your hands, bring a sense of grounding. You set about constructing a flintlock pistol, a firearm with the capability of firing two shots, each needing to be loaded manually. This weapon, while rudimentary, will carry a special modification—an arcane gem embedded in the handle to enhance its capabilities.

First, you turn your attention to the barrel. Selecting a piece of sturdy metal, you begin shaping it on a makeshift lathe, ensuring it's perfectly cylindrical. Precision is key, as the barrel's interior must be smooth and uniform to guide the bullets accurately on their path.

Next, you craft the locking mechanism. Flintlocks are intricate devices; you carefully construct the pan where the gunpowder will ignite and meticulously fit the flint which will strike to produce the sparks needed for firing. Each component is tested, adjusted, and retested, ensuring that the mechanism responds quickly and reliably.

For the pistol's handle, you choose a piece of dark wood, carving it to fit comfortably in your hand. Into this handle, you set an arcane gem—a brilliant stone imbued with magical properties. This gem is not merely decorative; it is meant to amplify the ballistic force of the gunpowder, potentially giving the bullets unnatural speed or accuracy as dictated by the mysteries of the arcane.

The firing mechanism, consisting of a hammer and trigger, requires your focused attention. You forge these from high-quality steel, treating the metal to withstand the repeated stress of firing. Getting the balance of force correct is crucial; too light, and the flint might not spark; too heavy, and it could break the flint or misfire.

Assembling the flintlock's double-barrel setup is the final step, allowing for two shots. This dual capability means you can fire once and have a backup shot ready before needing to reload—a significant advantage in a fight against something as formidable as Sparkrender.

However, setting the firing pin proves challenging. Your initial attempts to align it perfectly with the flint are frustrating. Just as fatigue begins to dull your senses, a small scaled hand reaches into your peripheral vision. Myla, barely conscious, reaches from the bed and steadies the pin as you adjust it, her intervention both practical and heartening. With her help, the firing pin is set correctly, and the flintlock pistol is complete. The wooden handle, embedded with the arcane gem, not only looks formidable but also feels powerful in your grip.

As dawn breaks, you test the flintlock, feeling its heft and balance. It's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, blending traditional gunsmithing with a touch of the mystical. Holding it, you're reminded of the path you've traveled—from a tinkerer and an artificer to a warrior defending his friends and a place that has become home.

Now, with Boltzmann at your side and Myla gradually regaining strength, you prepare to face the challenges at the observatory, armed not only with your new weapon but also with a deepened resolve to protect those you care about and to amend the past.

Quoted Image
Arcane Lockbuster
  • Type: Simple Ranged Weapon
  • Damage: 1d10 piercing
  • Range: 30/90 ft.
  • Properties: Reload (2 shots), Misfire (1)
  • Special: Once per long rest, the artificer can channel arcane energy into a shot that deals an additional 1d6 force damage and can push the target 5 feet away if it is Large or smaller.
Description:
The "Arcane Lockbuster" is designed for an artificer, by an artificer, blending mechanical innovation with magical infusion. It resembles a heavy flintlock pistol with intricate runes etched along the barrel and a crystal embedded in the back of the grip. This pistol uses a combination of gunpowder and arcane energy to fire bullets that can be enhanced with magical effects.

file-bRSMKV5mvJ6kYLYXzkdRW2uV.png

Quoted Image
@Jawneh - As you finish your words with a raw, palpable respect in your voice for Varnoth's valor, a deep and reverent understanding of the sacrifices demanded by battle washes over you. You admire the stark tableau before you, where Varnoth, though grievously wounded, embodies the epitome of the warrior spirit. It's a scene that resonates with your own relentless pursuit of honor through strife.

Yet as you speak these solemn words, Varnoth is enveloped in her own battle—a fierce internal struggle magnified by the pain and adrenaline coursing through her veins. Your voice, though filled with admiration and inquiry, becomes a distant rumble, drowned out by the more immediate and loud rush of blood in her ears. Her world narrows to her own rapid, labored breathing and the pulsating pain from her injuries.

Within this cocoon of noise and agony, an intense anger brews inside her. It's not directed at you or even at the enemy kobolds; it's an existential fury at her vulnerability, at the interruption of her glorious combat, at the possibility of dying with her mission incomplete. With a primal roar that starts as a howl of frustration and crescendos into a defiant battle cry, Varnoth acts with desperate determination. She grabs a small dagger from her hip and, with a grimace that carves deeper lines into her battle-hardened face, she drives the blade through the knee joint of her prosthetic leg. This brutal self-surgery locks the shattered limb in place, allowing her to stand once more, albeit precariously.

Now on her feet, her eyes blaze with a wild, untamable fire. She levels her sword directly at you, her voice a fierce snarl cutting through the storm's howl. "Soldier, you better shut up and move so I can catch those fucking evil kobolds, or I'll go through you and walk out the other side," she growls. Her words slice through the air with as much force as the lightning bolt that simultaneously illuminates her grimacing face, catching even the elemental-charged Runara off guard.

Taken aback by the intensity of her spirit and the sharpness of her command, your eyes widen with a mix of respect and surprise. This moment, framed by the sudden flash of lightning and underscored by the roar of the storm, cements Varnoth's indomitable will in the face of overwhelming odds. It's a testament to her strength and a stark reminder of the fierce battles still to come.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Bwahahahahaa! That's the spirit human! Let nothing stay in your way!

Aims grins widely at Varnoth's determination to end her foes no matter the cost. Her spirit isn't so easily crushed. She is a true warrior at heart!

But she is also being foolish. Though the barbarian understands her feelings, it is also foolhardy to keep charging forward in her condition. She may slay half a dozen more kobolts, but that'll be the end of her. Both her injuries and fatigue will.claim her eventually.

Aims slowly walks forward at her outstretched sword, grabbing it in his hand and moving it up to his neck.

You may have battle with glory and honor in this place, with new scars to prove it all, but there is only so much you can accomplish at one time. Take it from me. I was ready to go and slay fully grown dragons! Miss Runara personally showed me how foolish I was, that I could not even slay a dragon whelp. Though I had to bitterly accept my weakness, that didn't stop me.

He turns his head towards Runara.

Not only did I fight against such whelp, I even had captured it alive with my bare hands, only for it to escape from my clutches. Now, I am here to end it, but in between I must grow stronger!

Human. If you leave now, you will die. I will not stop you, but I will tell you this. Take it from another soldier who has seen as mich brutality as you have. If you die, the ones you cannot slay, will keep killing. Even beasts return to their den to pick their wounds before starting to hunt again. The very least, let Miss Runara heal your wounds so that you may show those filthy bastards your full fury once more as they scream to the heavens or hells for their god for help!

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((This is now about Varnoth's character building than my puny little ax.

Well maybe Moonsprout can tell the song of Varnoth the blood crazed or something, eh?))
((honestly I was positioning to make her fight you, so you could rage in a storm and do your attunement. Buuuuut, I also didn't really plan for her to die immediately, so stopped short of doing so))

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
((Soldiers work great together. Maybe the bloody rage filled dance can be a duet? She can also relent for now, or go do her thing with or without healing and maybe there's more kobolts in an ancient dragon preyer site that I can murder them and their ancestral spirits at.

I don't mind too much which way you decide. But I do agree it would be shame to let Varnoth die. At least not yet.))

Zesty Zapcrackle

((Ben, will you be adding the homebrew items to D&DB for us to add to inventory? We may be able to make them, but I'm not sure we can actually get them into the campaign.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Quoted Image
In the aftermath of the storm and the struggle, Varnoth, still catching her breath and steadying herself on her improvised leg brace, looks over to Aims and Runara. Her expression is set with resolve as she begins to recount the chaotic events that had just unfolded.

"Right before you arrived," Varnoth starts, her voice raspy but firm, "Tarak and I had just caught up with the Dragon's Rest kobolds right here in this clearing. We thought we had reached them in time to lead them safely away, but then a pack of those cursed evil kobolds burst from the treeline. It was an ambush." She pauses, the memory of the battle flashing in her eyes.

"I held them off," she continues, gesturing to the signs of combat around them—the trampled grass, broken branches, and darker stains on the ground.

"Fought them here while Tarak led the young ones away. He did what he had to do, took them west, through the forest. Got them out of immediate danger."

Varnoth shifts slightly, grimacing from the pain but her gaze remains unwavering.

"I saw them go, made sure they had a clear path. Now, my job here is done," she declares with a tired yet determined nod. "I won't chase after those kobolds, not now. They're scattered, and the young ones got away. Tarak—he's out there still, might need backup, and that's where I need to be."

Before Varnoth can continue, Runara steps forward, her voice carrying the weight of authority and concern. "I'll fly west and look for them," she offers, her expression serious as she contemplates shifting back into her dragon form.

"It'll be faster from the air. I can cover more ground and find Tarak and the kobolds quickly." Despite Runara's offer, Varnoth's resolve doesn’t waver.

"I appreciate that, Runara, but I’ll head that way on foot," she insists. "I need to see this through myself, on the ground where I can help immediately if there’s trouble."

Runara nods in understanding, her earlier concerns appeased by Varnoth’s clarity of purpose.

Varnoth nods once, sharply, and without another word, begins her limping march westward, following the path Tarak and the young kobolds took.

Her figure slowly disappears into the remaining mists of the storm, while Runara prepares to take to the skies, each set on their own path to aid their friends.

Moonsprout Beandirt

Moonsprout is touched by the orc's unexpected compassion towards Varnoth. Perhaps the beast IS capable of empathy, even if his respect is given only power. Moonsprout, harnessed, ponders how this could be harnessed in the future.

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims listens to Varnoth as she recounts what had happened before him and the others got there. As any soldier worth their salt, she stayed there in front of the horde of enemies and fought them with everything she had. Even so, the number one concern is not herself, but the lives of her companions.

It's truly an honor to have met you human. Your actions here are truly great! So now, what I shall do us run off after your friend myself and obliterate anyone I find in the way who dare even consider hurting them! That I promise to you. Make sure you get there before it's all over or you will miss the bloodbath. I bet I can make the ground more crimson than you did here, hahahaa!

Miss Runara, do take the little halfling. I shall be faster myself without the extra weight. If you happen to find Tarak, send out a lightning bolt as a signal. Better yet, if you find those bastard, send two so that I know to run there immediately. There's heads that need rolling!

Before hearing Runara's answer, he shook off Moonsprout and started to run past Varnoth towards where both enemies and friends were going. Clutching his new axe, he's ready to end lives and show those who dare to act cowardly in his presence what the true cost of dealing with a barbarian is.

As he strides past Varnoth, he yells back at her:

If I find the old man first, I'll make sure to send him back to prepare us dinner, hahahaa!

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Aims listens to Varnoth as she recounts what had happened before him and the others got there. As any soldier worth their salt, she stayed there in front of the horde of enemies and fought them with everything she had. Even so, the number one concern is not herself, but the lives of her companions.

It's truly an honor to have met you human. Your actions here are truly great! So now, what I shall do us run off after your friend myself and obliterate anyone I find in the way who dare even consider hurting them! That I promise to you. Make sure you get there before it's all over or you will miss the bloodbath. I bet I can make the ground more crimson than you did here, hahahaa!

Miss Runara, do take the little halfling. I shall be faster myself without the extra weight. If you happen to find Tarak, send out a lightning bolt as a signal. Better yet, if you find those bastard, send two so that I know to run there immediately. There's heads that need rolling!

Before hearing Runara's answer, he shook off Moonsprout and started to run past Varnoth towards where both enemies and friends were going. Clutching his new axe, he's ready to end lives and show those who dare to act cowardly in his presence what the true cost of dealing with a barbarian is.

As he strides past Varnoth, he yells back at her:

If I find the old man first, I'll make sure to send him back to prepare us dinner, hahahaa!
Quoted Image
@Jawneh - You drop Moonsprout in the harness to the ground and sprint ahead of Varnoth, your determination burning as fiercely as the storm around you. "If I find the old man first, I'll make sure to send him back to prepare us dinner, hahahaa!" you shout over your shoulder. Varnoth yells back, "SHORE!" intending to direct you towards the shoreline for strategic reasons. But amidst the chaos of the storm, you mishear it as "SURE," interpreting it as affirmation of your challenge. Energized by the perceived encouragement, you charge deeper into the forest, leaving the sounds of the clearing behind.

Quoted Image
You, now alone on the muddy ground, call out to Runara, hoping to hitch a ride with her to find Tarak. However, your voice is lost to the clash of thunder that roars through the sky as Runara transforms into her majestic bronze dragon form. Electricity arcs across her scales, mirroring the storm's fury. As she takes to the air, the powerful beats of her wings drown out all other sounds, including your plea. You find yourself abandoned in the darkness, a stark reminder that even your most powerful tool—your voice—can fail you when overpowered by the forces of nature.

You wander through the forest, your innate halfling luck seemingly guiding you, almost as if by fate, back to the owlbear nest you had visited earlier. There, beneath a rocky outcrop at the back of the nest, the massive beast sleeps soundly, oblivious to the turmoil of the world outside its den.

Quoted Image
@Smacktard - Meanwhile, you plow through the underbrush, your eyes scanning for any signs of the fleeing kobolds. The ground shows a fading stampede of prints between the tree trunks, a clear trail if ever there was one. Suddenly, the heavy wingbeats of Runara pass overhead, her large form momentarily blotting out the already darkening sky as she heads westward. Behind her, the storm intensifies, with bolts of lightning striking trees nearby, sending showers of embers into the air. The wind howls, morphing into small whirlwinds that rise up from the forest floor, taking on the eerie appearance of ethereal men robed and ready to strike.

Quoted Image

You set the harp-like shield you acquired in the observatory against a rock, positioning it just across from the owlbear's nest. The shield, designed with silver strings that hummed with air's passage, now faces its first test against nature's symphony. As you settle down on the dry ground next to the nest, you pull out your lute and birdpipes, ready to weave music into the night.

As the rain intensifies, droplets begin striking the taut strings of the harp-shield. Each impact sends a resonant note into the air, crafting an enchanting melody that blends with the rustle of the rain and the distant rolls of thunder. The natural harmony created by the rain playing upon the shield's strings fills the clearing with a hauntingly beautiful music.

Quoted Image
One such spectral figure leaps towards a nearby tree, its form coalescing into a focused gust that snaps a branch off and hurls it like a staff straight at you. You dodge just in time, the wooden tip grazing your face and drawing a drop of blood—a sharp reminder of the storm's lethal potential. More of these whirling spirits rise, each strike accompanied by a blast of lightning, shattering the trees around you until you find yourself in an impromptu clearing created by wind, fire, rain, and relentless electricity.

Surrounded by this elemental chaos, you stand defiant, the storm's fury echoing the turmoil within you as you prepare to face whatever comes next, be it nature's wrath or the enemies you seek. The tempest around you seems a fitting challenge, pushing you to your limits and beyond, testing your resolve as a warrior against the raw forces of the world.

Quoted Image
1714366479297.png

((Trying to finish out Aims and Moonsprout getting attuned to their items, obviously. The rest of the party could come catch up if they want, or whatever. You'd have to make some survival checks to see whether you can follow them in the rain, though.

And I still didn't get all the fucking weapon/item stuff together on D&D beyond. I got the pistol kind of done, but had less luck figuring out how to make the ring or sash. I should have done the axe next since that's kind of simpler, and what you actually need in D&D Beyond to use the item.))

Zesty Zapcrackle

((For that I kind of figured that was more to related than needing to be perfect for dndb. Happy to use yours of course! Especially if it makes life easier for you))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((What's the time scale on things here? Seeing as Nac was in meditation for at least 8 hours?))
((Uuuuuuuuh. I guess Moonsprout and Aims have only been gone for an hour at most. Zesty's time bullshit aside, you him and Short should I guess really be out of commission until they return... I just don't want to make you wait. I guess we'll see how fast this stuff resolves.))

• Hugs

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
As more and more eerie spectral figures emerge around Aims, the more he's getting excited about the prospect of seasoning his ax in battle for the first time. Both the first and last battle of any weapon should be glorious enough befitting its name. And what a battle it must be worthy for the name of "King killer". As the storm rages on, the half-orc stands true in the middle of it all, raising his arms high and wide, taunting his enemies who surround him.

This will be a fight to remember! Hahahaa! COME AT ME WHATEVER YOU MAY BE! TONIGHT! EITHER I DIE OR ALL OF YOU DIE!

The barbarian starts to grow his rage within. The red hue returns around him as he tempers his mind for the upcoming battle. Instead of the large claws not unlike dragons, his bestial wrath manifests as the maw of a dragon. Bright crimson eyes, razor sharp teeth, all begging to rip his opponents to shreds and drink their blood to sustain himself! The apparitions seem to be slightly stunned by the transformation, though only momentarily, as they start to circle Aims around, starting to prepare their spells to throw at him.

Like the age old cliche in any movie with a storm, as a huge lightning bolt arcs the sky, the spectral figures all lob lightning bolts towards Aims. The weathered soldier expecting this started to move immediately to the side, both dodging and blocking some of the attacks at him with his ax. The couple he blocks end up sending electricity right through his body, though in a slightly reduced fashion, letting him know these beings are no pushovers. Before the next volley emerges, Aims turns direction and charges at a small group of 3 figures, jumping in the air when in range and cleaving down in a mighty circular motion through all three. Next two figures quickly float from both sides of him, holding electric charge in their hands aiming to pincer the barbarian. He reacts first, lunging at the first one with his shoulder to knock it back before delivering an overhead swing at it. The other now within striking distance throws its shocking hand at Aims' back, but he already knew and ducks down. As the figure throws its body into the attack and flies over Aims, he opens his newly formed draconic maw wide open, and chomps the apparition right down the middle. There may not be blood, but the essence of the beings sooth and heal his body.

IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO?! I CAN DO THIS ALL NIGHT! I WANT MORE! MY WEAPONS DEMANDS MOOOOREEE! HAHAHAA!

More of the figures emerge from all around, behind the trees, seemingly appearing from thin air. They seem completely oblivious to what had just happened to their kind moments ago. Probably driven by their nature, they all quickly start to coalesce towards Aims, readying their attacks, while the half-orcs grins widely at them. At the last moment as the apparitions all lunge at him with their electrically charged hands, he brings his full weight into a large sweeping attack, letting the weight of the axe take control, and start twirling the weapon around him creating a large whirlwind of slaughter. The first few beings are caught off guard and instantly perish. The next few get hit slightly, but mange to dodge the wild attack. Couple end up gracing Aims, which is enough to send a shocking pulse through his body. This does nothing to stop the onslaught, as he continues to rotate the ax around, cleaving a few more, before bringing it down to the ground to split one of the unfortunate ones that dodged downwards into the dirt. He brings his jaws down, takes a finishing bite out from it and raises his gaze up high to the sky, as lightning strikes again.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?! WHAT MORE CAN I ASK?! HAHAHAHAA! ANCESTORS! GODS! DEMONS! BEHOLD MY GLORY! TONIGHT NONE SHALL LEAVE THIS CLEARING ALIVE!

Moonsprout Beandirt

((having a tough time thinking of what to write a song about...
The massacre at Dragon's Rest?
Warriors Aims, Varnoth, Owlybeary, and their unique differences?
Something else?

I want to do this proper, so I will have to take my time with it))

Back
Top Bottom