Campaign Stormwreck Isle; The Forgotten Clifftop Observatory (1-4)

Part 4 - The Forgotten Clifftop Observatory
DM Screen | Initiative | Map

title.png

MAP:

THE STORY SO FAR:

THE QUEST:
  • Investigate the abandoned Clifftop Observatory.
  • Find out what happened to Aidron.

THE LOCATION:

THE PARTY:
Aims'Orreh
Level 3 Beast Path Barbarian​
Nac
Level 3 Drunken Master Monk​
Moonsprout
Level 3 Lore 'College' Bard​
Short
Level 3 Arctic Circle Druid​
Zesty
Level 3 Battle Smith Artificer​
aimsorreh.pngnac.pngmoonsprout.pngshort.pngzesty.png

ITEM GLOSSARY:
ImageNameValue (per) copper.pngsilver.pnggold.pngWeight (per)Description
file-pVmgHgYEB9YKYx2GtAASY75F.png
Wind Spore Mushrooms
30 gold.png0.06 lbsA rare fungus with a unique magical property. When a creature squeezes a wind spore mushroom's cap, it releases a small cloud of spores. For 1 hour, the creature doesn't need to breathe, as the spores provide it with oxygen.
file-moYw6GogFv7wpuA90IyNwKTo.png
Obsidian Chunk
10 gold.png1 lbAn uncut opaque black gemstone.
file-D8FV3REG53vwt44CZPF5gFDU.png
Heart Cap Mushrooms
30 gold.png0.2 lbsThese mushrooms bear an unsettling resemblance to human hearts.
file-qdHIQqxCkWhZME6ymOpQj50s.png
Potion of Healing
50 gold.png0.5 lbsThis potion's red liquid glimmers when agitated. You regain 2d4+2 hit points when you drink this potion.
file-Wvp782vE4qJWR2QTy1tcpOXR.pngA Fine LuteThe guy at Guitar Center told me this was the best one.
file-qUiTfpHVb3SLLXv10Ep2Xyya.pngBoots of ElvenkindWhile you wear these boots, your steps make no sound, regardless of the surface you are moving across. You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks that rely on moving silently.
file-EF5LK9mU1tyc9CrzMQNFhGQq.pngSpell Scroll of CommandThis scroll can be used to cast the spell Command once, without requirement for components or a spell slot, as long as this spell is on your class spell list.
file-LVnezJxtbEHmlCxy9bTYz2rS.pngBeany-BjörnThis is a harness sized to carry a halfling, or a child, but what's the difference?

THE STORY CONTINUES...

Last edited:
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
While Zesty is busy examining the floor, and Aims is learning his numbers, Short becomes intrigued by the statues. Muttering to himself...

These faces...they seem familiar. What are they trying to point out to us?

((Is this a check for history to try to identify them and then and investigation check for what they're pointing at/doing/etc.?))

short-png.12022

Short Order
@An Obligatory Name Change​
| You attempt to identify the individuals depicted within the statues. You believe them to be Erethon Alkaios, Zahira al-Qadir, Vedis Arundhati and Amunher Khepri, four fabled astronomers who sought to chart a path through both space and across the planes roughly 200 years ago.

Two of their most notable discoveries were a contellation named "The Dragon of Dawn", as well as "The King Killer" comet.

file-O8y7JnQPmfO46I2rdDVz9IO6.png

As you look up at the statues, your low vantage-point draws your attention to a series of scuff-marks around the bases, indeed indicating that they have been rotated in the past. |

• Cheers!
Reactions: Jon

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
They should all point to the Dragon of the Dawn constellation in the southeast near Nac. ((I'm assuming Short told us the above info))

Zesty moves to the last statue nearest the dragon.

He holds up his three fingers as a countdown for the group to rotate the statues in the right direction.

((I assume this isn't silent and that Boltz can't mask the sounds, @Ben. Is it another group stealth check?))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
They should all point to the Dragon of the Dawn constellation in the southeast near Nac. ((I'm assuming Short told us the above info))

Zesty moves to the last statue nearest the dragon.

He holds up his three fingers as a countdown for the group to rotate the statues in the right direction.

((I assume this isn't silent and that Boltz can't mask the sounds, @Ben. Is it another group stealth check?))
((It will require another stealth check as you begin to turn the statues, yes, but only for the two closest to Sparkrender, so from yourself and Nac. Boltzmann's will not cover this up, no.

1713302463368.png

So @Jon and @Nae'blis, both roll me a DEX-Stealth please (Jon has adv from booties.)))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
| You take your position at the Northeastern scholar statue, mere steps from the young slumbering blue dragon. As your companions position themselves around the room at the remaining statues, a silent tension hangs in the air. You grasp the cold alabaster of the statue, your hands steady despite the proximity to the dragon's hoard.

You begin to turn the statue with both hands, feeling the weight of the stone beneath your fingers. There is resistance at first, then the statue begins to move smoothly, rotating to point Southeast, aligning with the directions of Aims and Short's statues, all clicking into place with a satisfying finality. The orchestrated movements seem to be part of a larger mechanism within the tower's ancient design. |

nac-png.12021

Nac McWeeble
@Nae'blis
| Meanwhile, positioned at the Southeastern statue, you find yourself struggling to turn it. It stubbornly refuses to budge and your frustration mounts, until finally, you burst out with a loud, expletive-laden tirade in a thick brogue, your words slurring slightly—a residual sign of your earlier indulgences.

"Ach, ye stubborn muckle lump! Dinnae budge, will ye?" you grunt between the curses, "Move yer arse, ye blasted hunk o' stone! Ah'm nae here tae dally! |

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
| The sudden outburst shatters the quiet concentration. Startled, you whip your head towards Nac, just as the serene ambiance shatters completely. |

1713307942611.png
Sparkrender
(Ben)
| Sparkrender, its scales a radiant storm-cloud blue, stirs with a menacing rumble. Its deep-set eyes snap open, glowing with a cruel azure light. With a guttural growl, it rises on powerful haunches and bellows at you in the harsh, sibilant tones of Draconic, "Vasj? Zin vejun ve Vethikosj Sparkrender?! Junaak ghovirun zyak vurkiv ulnin si farnost!"

file-hEDYdSmADX551pp1IICMzkXY (1).png

As the dragon shifts it's weight, coins and gems are sent flying, twinkling in the light like a storm of stars. Sparkrender's heavy breaths send swirls of dust rising from the floor, and its tail thumps against the ground, creating a rhythmic boom that echoes ominously through the chamber. |

((Give me a few and I'll roll initiative.))

• This Is Fine

Zesty Zapcrackle

((
Frustrated Austin Powers GIF
))

Well, there's no avoiding this combat... Been a while!

Zesty moves back to the western wall, near Short Order. Instinctually, he begins an elvish chant.

Zesty casts Faerie Fire trying to bathe everything in a green hue around Sparkrender.

As his master begins his spell, Boltzmann darts forward and attempts to attack the scaled dragon.

Boltzmann attempts to use Force-Empowered Rend.

((@Ben - moved my tokens on the game map. I'm adding an advantage roll for Boltz in case faerie fire is successful, if not we can ignore the marked roll.))

• D-20
Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((
Frustrated Austin Powers GIF
))

Well, there's no avoiding this combat... Been a while!

Zesty moves back to the western wall, near Short Order. Instinctually, he begins an elvish chant.

Zesty casts Faerie Fire trying to bathe everything in a green hue around Sparkrender.

As his master begins his spell, Boltzmann darts forward and attempts to attack the scaled dragon.

Boltzmann attempts to use Force-Empowered Rend.

((@Ben - moved my tokens on the game map. I'm adding an advantage roll for Boltz in case faerie fire is successful, if not we can ignore the marked roll.))

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
| As you quickly back up as far as you can against the back wall, you concentrate on the crackling blue form of Sparkrender and think it'd look better with some green highlights. As you speak the elvish incantation to cast Faerie Fire, the pile of treasure beneath the wyrmling begins to glow as each coin and gem becomes outlined in a mysterious green light. The two statues in the Northeast and Southeast of the room begin to illuminate as the magical effect spreads 20 feet across the area.

1713318084093.png
((Moved Boltzmann back momentarily just to see whether he was outside of the 20ft cube. He was. Nac wasn't.

Sparkrender's DEX save roll:
1713318314434.png

Nac's DEX save roll:
1713318247939.png))

While the objects in the room become outlined in a vivid green hue, the two creatures manage to avoid the effects of the spell.

Your spell does not affect Sparkrender or Nac.

Boltzmann, at your command, moves into the area previously affected by the spell, and lunges for the dragon's right arm.

With mechanical precision, your construct clamps down on the dragon's forearm and leaves two U shaped bite marks upon Sparkrender's scales.

Boltzmann deals 8 points of force damage to Sparkrender. |

1713318885036.png
Sparkrender
(Ben)
| The dragon howls as the curious metal wolf strikes true, clamping onto it's limb like a bear-trap.

"Vorel, ji harkev vhir! Vorastrix tuor thurirl."

Sparkrender's draconic face twists with wicked malice as the azure light within his eyes grows in intensity. Opening his vicious maw wide, Sparkrender lowers his neck and exhales a vicious stream of electricity at the steel defender.

file-EkLh6JIDNqt7FL30YR8XxlvE.png
((@Jon, roll me a DEX save for Boltzmann.)) |

1713320308869.png

Zesty Zapcrackle

((I see his stat sheet saying his DEX saving throw is +1 +PB, so does that mean he's +3 total? I'll just roll the d20 and I'll have you add whatever it should be. SURVIVE BOLTZ!))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

1713318885036-png.13610

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
| The air is thick with the smell of ozone, a storm unleashed not by nature, but by the wrath of Sparkrender. As the young yet fearsome dragon exhales, a brilliant bolt of lightning surges forward, crackling with deadly power.

Boltzmann reacts with a precision that belies its mechanical nature. The constructed wolf, sensing some surge of energy and impending danger, leaps to the side, its movements a blur of hydraulic agility. The lightning strike, a vivid streak of blue, scorches the ground where Boltzmann had stood just a moment earlier and streaks across the wall behind.

Although the wolf dodges the main force of the attack, it cannot escape entirely. The edges of the electrical discharge graze Boltzmann, causing sparks to fly from its metallic body. The impact is significant, but thanks to its clever design and its own swift reflexes, Boltzmann sustains only half the damage it might have otherwise endured.

file-aewAtIkjoJLACK1CPCxmghKR.png

Boltzmann takes 10 points of electrical damage.

Standing at a safe distance you clench your fists, your heart racing with a mix of fear and pride. |

((1713326039079.png

@Nae'blis))

Last edited:
  • Love

Nac McWeeble

Incense & Iron
Sorry, lads! I fucked up! Nac says, looking a wee bit embarassed.

He runs up to the dragon. Well, aren't ye a scaly one!

Nac drives an elbow into the chest of the dragon. His body then thrums with the light of ki as he activates Flurry of Blows. With the first attack he uppercuts the dragon in the jaw and with the second he kicks it in the gut.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Sorry, lads! I fucked up! Nac says, looking a wee bit embarassed.

He runs up to the dragon. Well, aren't ye a scaly one!

Nac drives an elbow into the chest of the dragon. His body then thrums with the light of ki as he activates Flurry of Blows. With the first attack he uppercuts the dragon in the jaw and with the second he kicks it in the gut.

nac-png.12021

Nac McWeeble
@Nae'blis
| You sway across the cold flooring, almost losing your balance several times but compensating at the last moment and teetering in the other direction. You stagger up beside Sparkrender and with an explosive burst of speed your elbow snaps out and catches the dragon off-guard, hammering your blow into it's sternum.

1713331918150.png

You deal 9 points of bludgeoning damage to Sparkrender

You begin to glow a pale blue hue, coincidentally similar to the glittering scales over the dragon's body. Channeling your Ki into your fist, you thrust with your feet and launch towards the dragon. Your blow connects with the underside of the grand creature's chin, and a shower of sparks issues forth from it's mouth.

You deal 8 points of bludgeoning damage to Sparkrender.

The dragon roars in pain, the sound pushing out like a wall of force. As you follow through with the momentum of the rising uppercut and attempt to kick the dragon in the gut, your foot slips on the marble, and your kick sails past the dragon.

You miss |

1713318885036-png.13610

Sparkrender
(Ben)
| "Ji korth tiirik!" |

((@A Gradient

1713332836445.png))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
That mechanical wolf played tug earlier, leave it be! Welcome to the Frozone!

Short Order casts frostbite on Sparkrender

((Can't accidentally kill the puppy obviously. Also if this hits Spark has disadvantage on his next turn))

short-png.12022

Short Order
| You raise your hand and utter the ancient words "vel'kom tuthef r'sone" and focus the magical energies at the blue dragon.

But the arcing electrical current running over Sparkrender's scales proves to be too hot for your frostbite to take effect, the crystals melting as soon as they begin to form.

Sparkrender resisted the spell. |

((@Jawneh

1713357100613.png))

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Y'all were telling ME to hold it in and not go murder the dragon and what do y'all go out and do?! Murder the freaking dragon and before me?!?!? You all are such assholes!

Freaking  pissed Aims immediately goes into Rage and lunges at the sparky lizard being with his very nice and wonderful claws, and tries to see if the ol' 1-2 punch works by slashing the heck out of something.

Recklessly doing so.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Y'all were telling ME to hold it in and not go murder the dragon and what do y'all go out and do?! Murder the freaking dragon and before me?!?!? You all are such assholes!

Freaking  pissed Aims immediately goes into Rage and lunges at the sparky lizard being with his very nice and wonderful claws, and tries to see if the ol' 1-2 punch works by slashing the heck out of something.

Recklessly doing so.

aimsorreh-png.12019

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd
@Jawneh
| The tower, once a place of celestial wonder, now trembles under the might of your heavy, determined steps. Your soldier's ears pick up the sound of crumbling rocks and a distant roar from somewhere distant in the observatory, but pay it no mind. Ahead of you, Sparkrender hisses, its scales shimmering with the icy hues of a stormy sky. Young but ferocious, the creature embodies the wrath of its ancient lineage, one that you seek to dominate to prove your superior strength. The dragon senses your approach, and its eyes—an eerie, glowing sapphire—narrow as it readies itself for your assault.

Empowered by the beast within, your hands transform into draconic claws, gleaming with a deadly promise. With a roar that echoes through the hollow chambers of the observatory, you charge. Your first attack is a spectacle of primal fury and precision. You swipe with your right claw, raking deep across the wyrmling's face. A spurt of dark blood marks the strike, and the dragon recoils with a screech that pierces the air. Pain flashes across its young features, a testament to your power.

You deal 6 points of slashing damage to Sparkrender.

Flush with the thrill of the first blood, you attempt a second strike, aiming to cripple the beast before it can retaliate. However, your confidence betrays you; the marble floor, slick with the dragon's blood, causes your foot to slip at the crucial moment. Your claw slashes through nothing but air, missing the wyrmling by inches.

You miss.
It quickly recovers, its serpentine tail whipping dangerously as it prepares to unleash its fury upon you. You steady yourself, eyes locked on your foe. |

1713386221832.png
1713386711112.png
((Disadvantage for next round due to recklessness.

@Jon))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Zesty draws his crossbow and takes aim at the Dargon's eye. He takes a breath to line up the shot in earnest and looses.

Zesty tries to shoot the dragon in the eye.

Boltzmann attempts to Repair himself for the second time per today.

((This was exceptionally hard to wire after being giving some nice drugs in the ER all day. Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeee. No whammies!))

Zesty Zapcrackle

((Also, I don't know it this is something I need to tell you beforetime, but it Sparkrender attacks anyone in melee but Boltz, he's going to use his Reaction. He he attacks Zesty, he'll use Hellish Rebuke.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Zesty draws his crossbow and takes aim at the Dargon's eye. He takes a breath to line up the shot in earnest and looses.

Zesty tries to shoot the dragon in the eye.

Boltzmann attempts to Repair himself for the second time per today.

((This was exceptionally hard to wire after being giving some nice drugs in the ER all day. Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeee. No whammies!))

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
| As Sparkrender inhales, gathering electric energy that crackles ominously within its maw, you calculate the trajectory of your next attack. The dragon's scales shimmer with a deadly luminescence, hinting at the onslaught of power it is about to unleash. Not a moment too soon, you notch a bolt into your crossbow, the string taut with tension. With a calculated breath, you release the bolt, and it whistles through the stale air of the tower, striking Sparkrender squarely in the face. The impact sends a shockwave of pain through the dragon, manifesting in a furious roar as it takes damage. The wyrmling recoils, scales clattering in disarray, its eyes blazing with renewed fury.

You deal 7 points of piercing damage to Sparkrender.

In the aftermath of your successful strike, Boltzmann moves with a mechanical precision. Its steel body, marred by the recent assault of Sparkrender's electrical breath, whirrs and clicks as internal mechanisms engage the repair protocol. You watch, a mix of concern and admiration in your gaze, as plates realign and damaged circuits fuse anew under the tender ministrations of its self-repair capabilities. Boltzmann's glowing eyes flicker out briefly, then stabilize, signaling that it is once again ready to stand by your side in this perilous fight.

Boltzmann heals 9 points of damage.

Sparkrender, now nursing a seething rage from the wounds inflicted, shakes its mighty head and prepares to retaliate, the air tingling with the imminent threat of lightning. |

1713307942611-png.13598

Sparkrender
(Ben)
| With a primal roar echoing off the ancient stonework and a powerful beat of its wings, the young dragon lifts off from the ground, ascending rapidly towards the vaulted ceiling of the observatory. Dust and debris swirl in the turbulent air left in its wake.

Gliding aloft, Sparkrender maneuvers with aerial grace, positioning itself strategically above the fray. Its chest heaves like gathering storm clouds, the buildup of electrical energy palpable in the charged atmosphere. With a snarl, the dragon tilts its head downward, focusing on Aims'orreh and Nac, who brace themselves for the impending onslaught.

1713399086331.png

The dragon's jaws part, and from the depths of its throat, it releases a torrent of brilliant lightning. The bolt arcs through the air, a blinding streak of pure energy that sizzles as it races across the tower's floor. Aims'orreh, caught off-guard and still reeling from the previous attack, attempts to leap aside but is too slow. The electrical energy envelops him, coursing through his body with merciless fury. His muscles seize under the assault, and he is thrown backwards into the wall behind, his body smoking and scorched.

Aims'orreh, ready and alert, reacts just in time. He throws himself to the side, his reflexes honed from countless battles, allowing him to avoid the full brunt of the attack. The lightning grazes him, causing a jolt of pain that courses through his body, but it's less devastating than a direct hit would have been. A painful but bearable outcome given his robust constitution.

file-vWIioawUzhJ2zY8UWi2PwUXT.png

((You get what you get image-wise, I'm past fucking with it more to get something super accurate. 😛

I rolled the saving throws for you, for sake of time... Aaaaaaaaand rolled a crit-1 for Aims. Doesn't necessarily mean any more than him taking the full brunt of the attack though.

1713399468822.png
))

Aims takes 9 points of lightning damage.

Aims would be bleeding out at -3 HP, but...

Miraculously, his half-orc resilience manifests at the brink of consciousness; where death would claim another, Aims'orreh clings to life, gasping for breath, his eyes burning with stubborn defiance.

Nac also reacts with the honed reflexes of his monastic training. The dwarf rolls to the side, the lightning grazing him but not catching him fully in its devastating path.

((1713399807104.png))

Nac takes 9 points of lightning damage.

He grunts as the energy singes his side, causing him pain but leaving him decidedly more intact than his barbarian companion. The wound sustained seems manageable for the rugged monk.

As the echo of the crackling blast fades, Sparkrender circles above, its breath weapon recharging, watching with cold intelligence as the effects of its attack become clear. The observatory, filled with the tang of ozone and the sharp scent of charred flesh, grows ominously quiet, save for the heavy breathing of the wounded and the low, menacing growl from Boltzmann. Aims'orreh struggles to his feet, his every movement a testament to his indomitable will, while Nac assesses their dire situation, his mind racing for a tactical advantage with the enemy now out of melee range. |

((Aww shucks, Boltzmann's Deflect Attack reaction doesn't work when the enemy is flying more than 5ft above it. Although honestly I rolled it all as if it did anyway and it wouldn't have changed anything, as rolls against Aims would have advantage from him using Reckless Attack and cancel out. Nac succeeded in both rolls.

Sparkrender is still flying 20ft up.

@Nae'blis you're up))

Attachments

• 1713399706309.png
    1713399706309.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Actually, hol' up... I need to retcon that for fairness...

I read through Aims features again, and I'm now of the opinion that he should have gotten advantage on that DEX saving throw against Sparkrender's breath.

'Reckless Attacks' causes attack rolls against Aims to have advantage, however, a dragon's lightning breath is more akin to a spell than an attack, where there is no "to hit" roll from Sparkrender in favor of the targets making a DEX save. So Sparkrender would not have any advantage against Aims there.

On top of that, I noticed 'Danger Sense' should have applied, since that specifically gives advantage on DEX saves regarding effects that Aims can see.

I rolled a second time after that Nat-1, and got a Nat-20.... So, wow.

1713410042257.png

As such, I'm undoing Aims hitting 0 HP. He instead succeeds the saving throw and takes half-damage from it just like Nac did, putting him at... 6 HP.

I'm updating the health on the initiative tracker, and will tweak the story above in a moment.

1713410229938.png))

• Love

Nac McWeeble

Incense & Iron
Oi! Ye fuckin coward o' a lizard! Come down 'ere an' fight like a dwarf! Nac shouts at the dragon, electricity still crackling in his beard.

Nac moves into (non-disadvantage) dart throwing distance and hurls a dart towards the smug looking dragon

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Oi! Ye fuckin coward o' a lizard! Come down 'ere an' fight like a dwarf! Nac shouts at the dragon, electricity still crackling in his beard.

Nac moves into (non-disadvantage) dart throwing distance and hurls a dart towards the smug looking dragon
((Ignoring the struck-through part, 'cause we're gonna do the cooler thing.))

nac-png.12021

Nac McWeeble
@Nae'blis
| You stand amid the chaos, the smell of ozone and burnt stone still lingering heavy in the air. As Sparkrender glides ominously above, you quickly assess your options, your gaze flicking between your companions and the ancient decor of the room. The dragon hovers cunningly above one of the room's alabaster scholar statues, its electric eyes scanning for any movement below.

Determined to seize the initiative, you tap into your inner reserves of ki, channeling the mystical energy with a focused breath. Invoking the Step of the Wind, you feel a surge of agility flood your limbs. Without hesitation, you bolt across the stone floor, your feet barely touching the ground as you cover the distance to the westernmost scholar statue.

1713446315862.png

Reaching the base of the 10-foot tall statue, you coil your legs and launch yourself upwards in a powerful high jump, easily doubled in height by your ki-enhanced ability. You land gracefully atop the scholar's head, the old stone cold and firm under your feet.

Without pausing, you concentrate further, using your Dash action in an unconventional way. Instead of speeding forward, you channel this burst of speed upward, performing a spectacular double-jump. Pushing off the statue's head, you soar an additional 10 feet into the air, your body a blur of motion.

As you ascend, the observatory's high ceiling looms close, and Sparkrender's surprised snarl fills the air. You find yourself rising to meet the dragon, eye-to-eye, as it circles uncertainly. The moment stretches, time seeming to slow as you hang suspended next to the wyrmling, mere feet separating you from the creature.

Here, in this breathless instant, you poise to strike, your fists ready, and your heart steady. You glance down, confirming your position. The air around you crackles with the dragon's residual electrical energy.

With a battle cry, you extend your arm and strike. Your fist connects with the soft underbelly of the Sparkrender, a spot less armored than the scaly hide. The impact sends a jolt through the creature, and you feels the satisfying crunch of your attack landing.

((I just used the hit roll from the dart for the unarmed strike, then rolled damage.

1713447074148.png))

You deal 6 points of bludgeoning damage to Sparkrender.

For a fleeting moment, you are level with Sparkrender, suspended in the air by momentum alone. The dragon reels from the strike, its flight path altered by the unexpected assault. Then gravity asserts itself, and you begin your descent back to the statue's top, readying yourself for the dragon's inevitable counterattack. |

1713446257350.png
1713446331281.png

((@A Gradient))

Last edited:
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Short Order moves toward the southernmost statue in the room in case he explodes again

You moved right to where I needed you! Lets see you dodge this! MORTAL COMBAT!

Short Order Casts Ice Knife

short-png.12022

Short Order
| Finding yourself for once not surrounded by plentiful water, the ocean waves being 45 feet below, your attention shifts towards an unconventional tactic. Sparkrender hovers menacingly above, its scales ever shimmering from electrical discharge. Nac, having just delivered a forceful blow to the dragon, is descending from his daring mid-air attack. His gi, damp with sweat and the residual moisture his dunk in the ocean, clings to his stout frame.

With a quick incantation "Mor'tael K-om Bhat", you summon the innate magic of your druidic powers, focusing on the water molecules trapped within Nac's clothing.

The fabric begins to shift and stretch as if pulled by an invisible force, much to Nac's surprise. Abruptly, the gi detaches itself from his body, leaving him in his undergarments atop the statue, as you harness the moisture for your spell.

You channel this commandeered water, shaping it into a glistening, icy dagger that spirals upwards towards the dragon. The ice knife, intertwined with Nac's gi, arcs through the air with lethal intent. Sparkrender, perhaps underestimating the threat posed by this ridiculous projectile, makes a lazy attempt to evade.

Although your aim with the ice knife is slightly off, and it misses Sparkrender by mere inches, the spell is not wasted. The knife strikes the ceiling directly above the dragon, bursting spectacularly upon impact. Razor-sharp shards of ice explode outward, raining down upon Sparkrender. The fragments, along with bits of gi and crumbled stone from the ceiling, pelt the dragon's scaly body, dealing significant damage.
You deal 12 points of ice damage to Sparkrender. |

1713457972051.png
1713457997263.png
((@Jawneh))

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims finds himself in a very odd predicament. On one hand, he's facing a small dragon that is very nearly dead from the looks of it and should be easy pickings for the half-morc. But on the other hand, the dragon is also, of fucking course, yet another fucking flying fiend and Aims has no more hand axes to send its way as both of them are still stuck in flying fucking fiend #1 and flying fiend fuck #2. It's infuriating, but what can a barbarian do when assholes only know how to run away?

Feeling the need to shed more blood and fast at that,

he quickly looks around the room for something to use to get to the dragon or something to get to use on the dragon (in a violent way)

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Aims finds himself in a very odd predicament. On one hand, he's facing a small dragon that is very nearly dead from the looks of it and should be easy pickings for the half-morc. But on the other hand, the dragon is also, of fucking course, yet another fucking flying fiend and Aims has no more hand axes to send its way as both of them are still stuck in flying fucking fiend #1 and flying fiend fuck #2. It's infuriating, but what can a barbarian do when assholes only know how to run away?

Feeling the need to shed more blood and fast at that,

he quickly looks around the room for something to use to get to the dragon or something to get to use on the dragon (in a violent way)
((Hmmmmmm...

Well, YOU can jump... *math*... 3ft + STR mod (3), so 6ft high-jump base. The high-jump rules also state that you can extend your arms half your height above yourself, for a max reach of base jump + 1.5x your height. So... 6'10" height plus another half.

You could--with a run-up--reach ~15 ft high.

...I'll let you roll a STR-Athletics check, to see if you can get another 5ft of height. If you succeeded, you could either try to hit it, or grapple it to the ground.

Or you could look around for stuff to throw but a Perception check would count as an action so not really helpful to attack this turn. Unless you throw Short Order, as you already know where he is.))

Back
Top Bottom