• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Campaign Stormwreck Isle; Sacrifices Must Be Made (1-5)

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 1 - Magni holds his mace up like a bat and swings forcefully for the Veles' helmet, but his foot slips on a loose rock and the blow goes wide. The mace arcs wildly through the air and in trying to catch his balance, Magni inadvertently sends the mace into his own shin.

1722218357913.png

1722218678418.png
((Rolled your mace's weapon damage from your profile, but I'm going to say you don't get to add the strength modifier since it was a self-inflicted wound.))

Magni takes 2 points of bludgeoning damage

((@Nae'blis -- Nac is up.

UpCreatureInitiativeACSpeedHealthStatus
Venator21??InjuredFled
Magni211130ft2/10
>>Nac201735ft39/39
Moonsprout181425ft21/23Lost?
Signifer17??Healthy
Aims'orreh151630ft25/49Disarmed
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Bloodied
Short111125ft21/31 (10/13)Mounted: Bottom
Kutshort101430ft8/15Mounted: Top
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft22/26
Artifex4??Injured

1722218870749.png))

Nac McWeeble

Yvan eht nioj
((What if Magni hits himself? :link))

Annoyed that the grinning little shit before him dodged his shoving attempt, Nac activates Flurry of Blows to lay the smackdown on the kobolds.

He throws the first punch towards Signifers face, then whirls around and heel kicks him on top of the dome. After the kick he staggers almost drunkenly to the right and ends up in front of Artifex.

Eh, one kobold is as good fer punchin' as another!

He then proceeds to punch Artifex.

• This Is Fine
Reactions: Jon

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
((What if Magni hits himself? :link))
((I mean, TO BE FAIR, the way Deflect Attack is worded it's creature, not enemy... Magni is just not within five feet of Boltz right now lol.

• Deflect Attack. The defender imposes disadvantage on the attack roll of one creature it can see that is within 5 feet of it, provided the attack roll is against a creature other than the defender.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 3 - Nac's two swings towards the Signifer miss, as the dwarf's inebriation makes even the magical blindfold give him double-vision.

1722276271484.png

As he staggers to the left and lands next to Artifex, the kobold barely turns from across the pit towards Nac closing in, before a fist connects with his kidneys.

Artifex takes 7 bludgeoning damage.

((@Smacktard - It's your turn. I'd say, while you're lost from the party I don't think that means you can't try to search for the Venator again, or whatever. If you want to roll your survival again and see if you can pick up it's tracks, that's cool.

Venator21??InjuredFled
Magni211130ft2/10
Nac201735ft39/39
>>Moonsprout181425ft21/23Lost?
Signifer17??Healthy
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Bloodied
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft22/26
Artifex4??Injured

((I mean, TO BE FAIR, the way Deflect Attack is worded it's creature, not enemy... Magni is just not within five feet of Boltz right now lol.

• Deflect Attack. The defender imposes disadvantage on the attack roll of one creature it can see that is within 5 feet of it, provided the attack roll is against a creature other than the defender.))

Reading that more carefully, it doesn't matter where Magni is relative to Boltz. It's imposing disadvantage on the creature that is within 5 feet of it, so the enemy, if it's going to attack someone other than the defender. Think of it like your dog grabbing the enemy's arm as they're aiming a bow at someone else.

1722277129562.png

What matters is the red box, not the yellow. So it think we'd been doing it wrong the whole time.

Plus side is, you don't actually have to be calling out who you're "protecting". It's supposed to just be always on, if it's someone other than Boltz. And I'd even say it could activate against any enemy in 5ft of him, he doesn't have to pick, but I would also say it can only occur once per round, so you'd have to decide when to tell me to use it, like a reaction.

Oh yeah I'm dumb, you were talking about deflecting Magni. NEVERMIND.))

Last edited:
  • Hugs

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Plus side is, you don't actually have to be calling out who you're "protecting". It's supposed to just be always on
((Regarding this line, I was just "reminding" you about it because you have so much going on, I don't want to assume you remember every single trigger imaginable. I do know that, Shield and Hellish Rebuke are supposed to be always on, but again, I don't want to assume you're just memorizing everything. :) ))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
((Regarding this line, I was just "reminding" you about it because you have so much going on, I don't want to assume you remember every single trigger imaginable. I do know that, Shield and Hellish Rebuke are supposed to be always on, but again, I don't want to assume you're just memorizing everything. :) ))
((Fair enough. I certainly don't recall every single reaction you dudes have, so calling out when you want to trigger it is the way to go, even if I have to backtrack some narrative.

I could have sworn we'd been doing it wonky and not imposing the disadvantage on enemies right next to Boltz, which led me down a "well ackshually" tangent.

But the point about only triggering one reaction per turn is pertinent to you still needing to call out when you want him to use it, so not full dumb...))

• Respect
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Moonsprout continues searching the forest for signs of Venator.
Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 4 - You begin following a trail of three-toed prints passing through the mud beside a small creek. The prints skirt along the water's edge, leading away from the direction you think the battle lay and eventually they disappear into the thick underbrush.

Circling around the thicket of trees you eventually manage to find them on the opposite side leading down into a small gully. As you crest the top of where it begins to decline, ahead of you, you see an odd looking creature drop into a hole in the dirt.

When you scamper over to see where the bulbous head went, you find only disturbed mud and no hole.

file-1MdDUaXk3plkqsLbbQaA9z3U.jpg

Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 5 - Kobold Signifer clutches the dragon-topped staff firmly, but its face falters and it attempts to flee. It disengages from Nac and runs 30ft South.

1722316335914.png

((@Jawneh - Aims is up.

Venator21??InjuredFled
Magni211130ft2/10
Nac201735ft39/39
Moonsprout181425ft21/23Lost
Signifer17??HealthyFleeing
>>Aims'orreh151630ft25/49Disarmed
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Bloodied
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft22/26
Artifex4??Injured
))

It was a peculiar few moments that left Aims more than confused. Generally not an abnormal thing for to be confused, but this felt stranger than things normally have been for the merry murder maker.

It's one thing to step onto a fire trap, then a pit trap, but also a trap that sprung BEEEESSS?!? It might've been a blessing for everyone that he had managed to lose his weapon as he is fairly violently flailing his fists around trying to punch them away from himself. Though all that could be a standard Monday on a battlefield that had been setup as an ambush, somehow not even in his most feverish diarrhea driven dreams had he ever considered the recently enlisted treeman riding a horse?! Where'd this horse come from?!

As the 6 braincells kept rubbing together in his skull, the barbarian caught a glimpse of the small kobold friend get hooked and fairly badly bloodied. He gasped with a sense of concern wash over his face as things looked to be fairly desperate for the little fellow: Be it danger from the enemy infront or the hooked one over the pit and fire. Instincts and training kick in as he turns around and charges at Veles to finish it off.

Dont you dare hurt my new friend you rotten piece of crap!

Both Veles and Magni both see as the large half-orc emerges from a cloud of bees and starts charging towards them. A wave of anxiousness probably washes over both of them as who knows what the bring with the gaping maw either razor sharp teeth is about to do.

Aims gets next to Veles and Recklessly Bites Veles in the neck to finish it off.

After attacking, Aims moves to body block Artificer from hooking Magni again, directly south of the lad.

No more hook business on my watch. Grrrr....

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 6 - Miraculously, Aims manages to get out of the swarm without being stung.

1722391150367.png

He looms over the Veles with his dragonic maw agape. The kobold turns to meet the barbarian's knees, and slowly has a moment to follow the trunk of flesh upward until its gaze inevitably falls to the gigantic mouth descending towards it.

Both jaws slam down so hard that Aims front teeth bury themselves in the mud. The kobold lets out a muffled "OH SHIT!" from somewhere within the half-orc's throat, before the teeth clamp shut and leaving a gouge in the ground. The barbarian's head snaps back, and there is a loud gulping sound as the Veles vanishes within the green carnivore.

Veles takes 9 points of piercing damage.

Kobold Veles dies.

((@A Challenger Approaches - Short is up. You're starting your turn in the BEES so you'll need to make a constitution saving throw first off. So you don't have to wait for me to check the result; If you roll less than 12 for CON, you're poisoned, meaning you'll have disadvantage on attacks/saves until the end of your next turn. If you roll 12 or higher, no poisoned.

Venator21??InjuredFled
Magni211130ft2/10
Nac201735ft39/39
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Defeated
>>Short111125ft21/31 (10/13)Mounted: Bottom
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft22/26
Artifex4??Injured

1722404268701.png
))

Horse GIF

• This is the Way
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 18 - Horse Order cantors through the swarming insects seemingly without a care, as the half-elf clings to his back making as small a target as possible. The horse emerges from the cloud of insects unscathed.

1722432637101.png

The Artifex hasn't a moment to react before two enormous feet hurtle towards its face, smashing the kobold warrior's muzzle inward with a sickening crack. Blood spurts from the kobold's mouth as it coughs out some teeth.

Artifex takes 14 points of bludgeoning damage.

((@shortkut - kutshort is up. Since you were mounted on horsey and he moved out of the bees, you're not starting your turn in that area and don't need to roll the CON save.

Venator21??InjuredFled
Magni211130ft2/10
Nac201735ft39/39
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Defeated
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft22/26
Artifex4??Bloodied
))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 19 - Kut's Cutter Cuts Kobold Cleanly.

Artifex takes 6 points of piercing damage.

Kut's coupled cut cannot connect.

((@Jon - Zesty and Boltz are up.

Venator21??InjuredFled
Magni211130ft2/10
Nac201735ft39/39
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Defeated
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft22/26
Artifex4??Bloodied

1722458858629.png))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Zesty darts southward 30 ft and looks to the west at the fleeing Signifer. Just making direct line of sight on the kobold and being at what Zesty believes is the edge of his maximum range with the magical Lockbuster, the artificer raises the firearm and looses a shot at Signifer.

Meanwhile, Boltmann, with little regard darts into the fire north of Artifex and tries to take a metallic chomp out of the nearing death kobold.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 21/22 - Zesty runs under the branches of the nearby tree, sunlight dappling across his red skin through the foliage. He skids to a halt and looses a round towards the fleeing Signifer, but the small kobold zigs when Zesty expected it to zag, and the shot impacts the trunk of the tree. Splinters of wood fly in every direction, providing a convenient supply of toothpicks for Aims to remove kobold from his teeth post-battle.

((This would have given you disadvantage, since it's a 30/90 weapon, so anything over the 30ft range becomes harder to hit up to a max range of 90ft. But you already missed, so it's not really necessary at this point. Only thing it might do is make you crit miss, but we won't temp fate.))

Zesty misses.

1722474856780.png

Boltzmann engages Terminator Mode and walks into the flickering flames raging before Artifex. The burning oil licks against the steel casing and singes exposed wires, causing marginal damage to the construct.

1722475209138.png

Boltzmann takes 5 points of fire damage.

The metallic wolf, now quickly becoming red-hot, lunges from the flames and grabs the Artifex by the crotch. With a hiss of searing flesh and the whirring clunk of servos, Boltz bitez ballz. The Artifex lets out a high pitched scream and bangs its shield against the robot's muzzle until it lets go.

Artifex takes 10 points of force damage.

Artifex is barely clinging to life.

Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 23 - Artifex, battered and disfigured from the battle, shakily tries to hold itself upright. Boxed in by enemies and backed into a corner with its own traps, with no more tricks up its scaly sleeves, a frustrated growl leaves its throat. The kobold warrior spits blood and teeth onto the grass and with one last effort lashes out with the chain hook towards Kutshort mounted above him.

1722475846449.png
1722475890775.png
((Rolled twice for disadvantage as I'm just assuming Boltzmann would try to deflect, being in range.))

The metal hook digs into Kutshort's knee and slices a long line of flesh as the sharp point rips free.

Kutshort takes 4 points of piercing damage.

1722475864763.png

The hook catches the wooden leg of the rogue and the Artifex hauls hard on the chain trying to dismount the target.

((@shortkut -- STR saving throw, please.

Venator21??InjuredFled
Magni211130ft2/10
Nac201735ft39/39
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Defeated
Kutshort101430ft4/15Mounted: Top
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft17/26
>>Artifex4??Bloodied
1722476152571.png
))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
((This would have given you disadvantage, since it's a 30/90 weapon, so anything over the 30ft range becomes harder to hit up to a max range of 90ft. But you already missed, so it's not really necessary at this point. Only thing it might do is make you crit miss, but we won't temp fate.))
((Ahh, my apologies. I thought disadvantage kicked in after 90ft. So 30 or less is fine, 31-90 is disadvantage, can't above 90. Think I got it now.

You were also right about Boltz trying Deflect Attack. Sorry it failed, Kut.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 4 Turn 23 (Cont.) - Horse Order rears in panic, his hooves pawing at the air as Kutshort is yanked violently from the saddle.

The half-elf hits the Artifex' shield hard, the impact jarring his bones and knocking the wind from his lungs. Desperation fills Kutshort's eyes as he teeters inexorably toward the burning wall of flame. The acrid stench of burning oil is cloying even through the haze of battle.

1722487847672.png

With one satisfied, savage push, the kobold flings the rogue into the trench. He falls, tumbling through the air in what seems like an eternity, before crashing into the pool of burning oil below. The liquid fire splashes around him, searing his flesh and igniting his clothes in an instant.

Kutshort screams, a primal sound of agony and despair, as the flames consume him. The heat is unbearable, the pain unimaginable. He thrashes and writhes, but the oil clings to him, a relentless inferno that devours everything it touches. His vision blurs, the world around him dissolving into a fiery haze.

1722489045598.png

Kutshort takes 7 points of fire damage.

As the flames lick higher, the last of Kutshort's strength ebbs away. His screams fade to a hoarse whisper, and he can feel his consciousness slipping.

And then, there was darkness.

Kutshort falls unconscious.

((You are dropped to 0hp and have fallen unconscious. At the start of your next round, you'll need to start making death saving throws. This means you roll a d20, 10 and above counts as a success, 9 or below is a failure. You need to accumulate 3 successes to stabilize (but not regain consciousness), if you accumulate 3 failures you die. Rolling a 20 puts you at 1hp and you regain consciousness. Rolling a 1 counts as 2 failures.

Another character can use their action to make a DC10 Wisdom (Medicine) check to stabilize you. You can also be healed through some means to restore HP and regain consciousness.

Venator21??InjuredFled
>>Magni211130ft2/10
Nac201735ft39/39
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Defeated
Kutshort101430ft0/15Unconscious
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft17/26
Artifex4??Very Bloodied

@The Flame - Magni is up.))

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
peter griffin fox GIF by Family Guy

Clutching his leg in pain, Magni watches with a mix of horror and awe as Aims' face contorts into the visage of a dragon and promptly devours a kobold.

"H-how you-- ...You dragon?!" He asks as their allies begin dispatching the remaining kobolds nearby. As Magni slowly pulls himself to his feet, his attention is soon grabbed by the sound of half-elven screams. A look of concern comes across his face as he watches Kutshort burn. He had only just met these odd folk, but this one he felt some kind of kinship with, having met under similarly strange circumstances. Magni had liked a few kobolds in his colony, but these people seemed different. Were they friends? He didn't know. Friendship and kindness weren't things he was used to back home. But if they were friends, Kutshort was the first, and he knew he had to do something.

...but what? He looked at his scaly hands and just saw more flames sparking between them. He was no healer, and he was barely clinging on himself. What could he do? The little kobold looks up in frustration toward the Artifex, breathing heavily. This fucking guy... he's breathed enough.

Magni limps forward behind Boltzmann

"Arrrrgh, DIE!"

Magni uses Draconic Cry as a bonus action, giving everyone advantage against the Artifex this turn

Magni casts Eldritch Flame at the Artifex

((Not sure if I can shoot through my allies or if the wall of flame messes with it at all, but I guess just move me wherever it works otherwise.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 5 Turn 2 - For as much as Magni could watch as his new pointed-ear writhed in the flames before falling motionless, the wall of fire obscures those on the other side too much to attack through it.

As such, Magni moves to the West to the corner of the spike pit, and finding a clear line of sight to the Artifex, casts forth his rage into a beam of flame.

1722520770417.png

The spell hits weakly, but connects nonetheless. The focused gout of fire snakes across the Artifex shield until it finds an opening in the kobold's defenses, and the searing heat licks across its flesh. With a "fwoomph", the Artifex' cape ignites and the draconic figure is engulfed in a hellish blanket. It twists and tries to pull the fabric free, but its battered limbs betray it, as it falls to its knees.

The figure slumps over, the chain coiled around its wrist unfurling with a metallic waterfall onto the grass. With one last gurgling sigh, the warrior falls limp as the flames envelope its body and cook it within its armor.

Artifex takes 1 point of fire damage.

Artifex has died.

As the unit commander fades from existence, so too do the traps it activated. A counterweight shifts and draws the trap door over the spike pit closed, the flame trench is extinguished with a hiss as the fuel is expended, and the column of bees decide they'd rather find a peaceful meadow.

1722521777933.png

((@Nae'blis -- Nac is up. Signifer is still alive so I guess if you want to try to catch and punch it before it's turn then you can.

Venator21??InjuredFled
Magni211130ft2/10
>>Nac201735ft39/39
Legionary 115??Defeated
Legionary 215??Defeated
Tiro12??Defeated
Veles11??Defeated
Kutshort101430ft0/15Unconscious
Adeptus7??Defeated
Zesty61530ft22/35
Boltzmann61540ft17/26
Artifex4??Defeated
))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
((Do I automatically regain consciousness after the battle is over?))
((No, you don't. You're still dying at 0hp and unconscious when combat ends.

You'll still need to make your 3 successful death saving throws to stabilize, which would just be one after the other outside of initiative combat-order, at which point you'd regain consciousness with 1hp in 1d4 hours. If you're assisted with a successful medicine check that can stabilize you but you'd remain unconscious for 1d4 hours. If anyone had a healer's kit, that can stabilize you without the need for a medicine check.

Direct healing can bring you back to consciousness with restored hit points immediately.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Round 5 Turn 3 - Nac turned South. Ahead of him darted the nimble kobold signifer, blue ribbons on its signum fluttering as it sprinted towards the safety of the dense treeline. The kobold's heart raced in its chest, driven by fear and desperation. It clutched the standard tightly in its claws—dragon wings wrapped around a lightning bolt, symbolizing its master. Sparkrender was the signifer's last hope for survival.

Just moments before, the kobold had witnessed its entire military unit decimated by the group of adventurers, including the formidable commander of the kobold legion. The air was still thick with the acrid scent of battle, and the ground was littered with the remnants of what had been a fierce skirmish. The kobold knew it was outmatched but clung to the hope that if it could reach the wyrmling's lair, it might yet survive this disastrous day.

With a surprisingly nimble leap, Nac closed the distance, his feet barely touching the ground as he moved with a grace that belied his stout frame. The clearing echoed with the rustle of leaves and the rapid patter of the kobold's feet. Nac, sensing his opportunity, launched himself forward, his fist clenched tight.

1722535954047.png

With a grunt, Nac delivered a powerful punch to the back of the kobold's head. The kobold yelped, its reptilian eyes wide with shock as it staggered, momentarily dazed. The force of the blow sent it sprawling, nearly tumbling head over tail. Not missing a beat, Nac followed up with a swift kick to the creature's knees. His foot connected with a satisfying crunch, and the kobold crumpled to the ground, gasping for breath, clearly in pain. Blood dripped from its snout, and it whimpered, clutching the signum tightly to its chest.

Kobold signifer takes 13 points of bludgeoning damage.

Quoted Image
Round 5 Turn 4 - Skipping Moonsprout for sake of wrapping this up.

Quoted Image
Round 5 Turn 5 - The dwarf loomed over the kobold for a moment, swaying slightly, a victorious grin spreading across his bearded face. But in his moment of triumph, the kobold's survival instincts kicked in. With a desperate hiss, it twisted away, slipping through the monk's grasp like a shadow. Nac swung again but his fist met only air, his coordination faltering momentarily.

The kobold, though badly wounded, scrambled to its feet, using its remaining strength to disengage and dash towards the treeline. It knew that its only chance was to reach the wyrmling and warn it of the approaching danger. Nac cursed under his breath, watching as the kobold disappeared into the underbrush, its ragged breathing fading into the distance.

1722536052776.png

((Combat is over. Kutshort (@shortkut) is still unconscious and dying. Moonsprout (@Smacktard) is lost wandering in the woods for 4 hours. Aims (@Jawneh) needs to remember to pick up his axe.

Now given that turned out to be a pretty big elaborate battle, I'm gonna say that Magni (@The Flame) and (assuming he survives) Kutshort get to level up! The rest of you don't, though. This was just a Thursday for you murderous fiends.))

• Love

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
As the battle wraps up, and the team licks their wounds from what was a much more elaborate battle than first thought, Zesty hears Boltzmann's mechanical bark. The mechamutt had wandered to Kutshort and was notifying his master of the rogue's fallen fallen and unconscious body.

The artificer wastes no time and rushes to his side. Laying a hand on Kutshort's shoulder, he whispers an Elvish phrase, casting Cure Wounds, hoping to assist him.

Zesty begins searching the kobold bodies for anything useful and/or any information the team can use against Sparkrender.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
The sun hangs low in the sky, casting long shadows across the forest clearing. The remnants of the fierce battle are scattered around, broken weapons and fallen enemies littering the ground. In the center of the chaos, a horse stands, its eyes wide with concern as it nudges the charred and motionless form of the rogue lying nearby.

As the dust settles, the horse begins to shimmer and shift, its form melting away like mist in the morning sun. The transformation is a sight to behold as bones crack and reconfigure, skin and fur pulling back to reveal the true form beneath.

Short Order quickly surveys the scene, his sharp gaze landing on Kutshort. The rogue lies sprawled on the ground, his once agile form now blackened and brittle, his skin crackling with the remnants of fire.

"Well that feller looks pretty bad...", Short Order whispers.

Despite the urgency, Short Order takes a moment to steady himself, drawing upon the deep well of nature's power that thrums within him.

He kneels beside Kutshort, his heart heavy with the sight of his fallen new companion. Kutshort's clothes are little more than tattered, burnt rags clinging to his body, and the acrid scent of smoke still lingers in the air. But beneath the charred exterior, Short Order senses the faintest flicker of life, a stubborn ember refusing to be extinguished.

Closing his eyes, Short Order murmurs a soft incantation, the ancient words of Druidic weaving through the air like a gentle breeze. As he speaks, a warm green light envelops his hands, pulsing with the rhythmic heartbeat of the earth itself.

He places his hands gently on Kutshort's chest, the healing energy flowing from his fingertips and into the rogue's body. The light surges through Kutshort, mending torn flesh and knitting together broken bones. It is as if the forest itself has come to the rogue's aid, infusing him with vitality and strength.

Kutshort's breath hitches, and he gasps, his eyes fluttering open as life rushes back into his veins. He blinks up at the sky, confusion giving way to recognition as he sees Short Order's familiar face hovering above him.

Kutshort heals 12 points of damage and regains consciousness.

"Horse?" Kutshort croaks, his voice barely a whisper.

Short Order grins, his eyes twinkling with relief and mischief. "Try to not die next time...unless it's though an ice explosion."

The rogue manages a weak chuckle, wincing as he shifts to sit up. His skin is still tender and raw, but the druid's magic has worked wonders, restoring his vitality.

Short Order helps Kutshort to his feet, supporting him with a strength that belies his small frame. The rogue leans on him heavily, but there is a fire in his eyes now, a determination that has been rekindled by the druid's magic.

Together, they survey the aftermath of the battle, the foes they have vanquished and the comrades who still stand. The clearing is quiet now, save for the rustle of leaves and the distant call of a bird. It is a moment of peace amid the turmoil, a reminder of the bonds that hold their motley crew together.

Back
Top Bottom