• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Campaign Stormwreck Isle; Sacrifices Must Be Made (1-5)

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
((I am sure I can jump 5 feet and misty step to the other side, but Magni is smaller, and also has misty step (I think), so he's a fine option. I'm happy with whatever out of the box solutions you all want to try.))

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
((I had an idea involving Magni's precious, but Magni's hesitant about it, so the little guy was looking for reassurance from Aims before bringing it up. If anyone has plans that are less risky, he'd gladly defer to them, though))

((As long as I yeet someone or something, we're set!))

Aims looks down at the tiny kobold with a big grin.

Man, i wish i could fly. Sadly being a half-orc prevented me from anything special beyond THESE HUGE MUSCLES!

The barbarian flexes his biceps. Ohhh, so strong!

I can and i will throw something there. The tiefling might be slightly harder to get over, but maybe with a bit longer of a warm up i can do that too! Hahahaa! But having so many smaller folk here, i would rather not throw my companions into the drink.

I'll let the lot of you decide. I will go to the side here and stretch my muscles. Oohhh yeah.

Magni Kragtail

Magni looks around at everyone, clearly deciding if he can trust his new allies. He then carefully takes his small dragon statue out of its pouch.

"Well... if we just need get to key on other side... me have this. Great Dragon give me great power. Magni can go inside statue for little while... Then big green man could throw statue to other side. Me then come out and fix bridge thing."

Magni turns to Kutshort.

"But PLEASE use rope. If half-orc miss..." Magni shivers, clutching the dragon statue tight for a moment. "Me can't lose this! Very important!"

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
Zesty was standing near the cliff running calculations in his head, as an artificer is well known to do when he hears Aims' offering to throw folks across the gorge.

He slowly turns to the massive half-orc.

If you try and throw me, I promise my next Lockbuster practice is going to be on your massive ass!

That said, both Short Order and Magni are smaller and have as convenient ways of getting to the other side with assistance. I could try some screwy time manipulation to re-obtain the key, but I'd rather not tempt the gods before the fight of our lives.

Magni looks around at everyone, clearly deciding if he can trust his new allies. He then carefully takes his small dragon statue out of its pouch.

"Well... if we just need get to key on other side... me have this. Great Dragon give me great power. Magni can go inside statue for little while... Then big green man could throw statue to other side. Me then come out and fix bridge thing."

Magni turns to Kutshort.

"But PLEASE use rope. If half-orc miss..." Magni shivers, clutching the dragon statue tight for a moment. "Me can't lose this! Very important!"
Kutshort ties a rope around Magni’s waist

Magni Kragtail

((I meant tie the rope to the Magni's little statue. It's a genie vessel so Magni can go inside it and it'll be light enough to throw across with him inside. Special warlock thingy))

• This is the Way
Reactions: Jon

Magni Kragtail

((Can't find anything saying how much it weighs, but it's considered a Tiny object. I imagine it's pretty light. Little hollow thing. When I google oil lamps that normal genie stuff uses, I'm finding stuff that's like 3 or 4 pounds at most.))

((Unless Ben wants to do some GM things for us, normally most throwing will go with the normal 20/60 for range. At least that's what I found. There's no real good and easy to swallow info on it. Though, most things will be easy for Aims. Probably could throw Zesty as easy as a small rock according to the ruleset lol.

For a small lamp, I imagine it'd be like 1lbs at most. Just a matter of aiming safely and not rolling crit 1 lol.))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Diplomatic Immunity
((Unless Ben wants to do some GM things for us, normally most throwing will go with the normal 20/60 for range. At least that's what I found. There's no real good and easy to swallow info on it. Though, most things will be easy for Aims. Probably could throw Zesty as easy as a small rock according to the ruleset lol.

For a small lamp, I imagine it'd be like 1lbs at most. Just a matter of aiming safely and not rolling crit 1 lol.))
((Sounds about right. Magni and Zesty both have Misty Step for essentially a free 30 feet. Catapult thrown 90 or until it hits another object. The Scorpion ring I assume is probably an extra 30 feet. I assume any of these SHOULD work with a decent roll.

I say, since Kut already roped up Magni (or his lamp in theory), we can go that route. @Ben if I need to let you know in advance, I'd be happy to use my Time Dice of GM Fuckery to reverse any role that would get Magni killed))

Magni Kragtail

((The following is assuming the plan is to throw the vessel. If plans change ignore this. Just want to queue this up in case I'm not around to post later))

Magni strokes the neck of the small dragon statuette until its eyes begin to glow and smoke pours out of its mouth. The smoke slowly envelops Magni, and then moments later gets sucked back inside, bringing the kobold with it like a Pokeball. The statue falls to the ground where he stood. Magni uses Bottled Respite, and then waits 5 minutes for his allies to act before popping back out .

gordon ramsay fox GIF by Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
((I'll say the range for a tiny improvised object is 40/80, though you're not trying to hit something specifically so the range disadvantage wouldn't really matter.

I wouldn't consider the strength to throw it across the gap hard for Aims, so... @Jawneh Give me a DEXTERITY check to see whether you accomplish the throw itself.))

((I'll say the range for a tiny improvised object is 40/80, though you're not trying to hit something specifically so the range disadvantage wouldn't really matter.

I wouldn't consider the strength to throw it across the gap hard for Aims, so... @Jawneh Give me a DEXTERITY check to see whether you accomplish the throw itself.))
HERE WE GO LADS! HANG IN THERE LITTLE ONE! IT'S GOING TO BE A WILD YET SHORT RIDE, HAHAA!

For whatever reason, Aims feels the need to shake the little statuette, which may or may not cause unnecessary discomfort for poor Magni, takes aim and hurls the thing across the gap, aiming between the two posts.

• D-20
Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Magni looks at the small stone dragon statuette in his hands with a sort of resigned determination, the kind of look one might give before diving headfirst into a very bad idea. He mutters something under his breath—possibly an incantation, possibly a complaint about the wind—and in a blink, he's gone. Not just "vanished from sight" gone, but actually disappeared, his body folding itself into the stone dragon statuette as if he'd simply decided that reality was overrated and a nice, compact bit of pocket space would do just fine for a while.

Kutshort catches the now-kobold-occupied statuette and gives it a quick glance, as though expecting it to protest. The stone dragon, for its part, remains stoically silent—an improvement, really. Pulling a length of rope from his pack with an air of someone who's far too used to tying knots to get adventuring companions out of ridiculous situations. His fingers work swiftly, wrapping the rope around the tiny dragon figure and securing it with a knot that would hold fast even if, say, it were unexpectedly plummeting toward the ocean below. Just in case.

With a nod of satisfaction, Kutshort hands the statuette to Aims, who is already grinning in a way that suggests this next part is his favorite. He hefts the statuette in his massive hand, bouncing it a couple of times like it weighs nothing, which, to him, it probably doesn't. "Step back," he says, although the rest of the party has wisely already retreated to a safe distance. They've been through this kind of thing before.

Aims takes a moment to size up the throw, eyes fixed on the doorway across the 35-foot gap. The wind tugs at him, trying to make this more difficult, but he's focused. With a deep breath, he winds up and hurls the statue through the air with the kind of precision one might expect from a man who regularly solves problems by launching things at them.

The dragon statuette flies across the chasm in a neat arc, the rope trailing behind it like a reluctant tail. There's a moment where it looks like the wind might catch it and send Magni on a very different sort of adventure, but the rope holds steady, and the statue makes its way safely to the far side. It clatters into the rotunda's doorway with a solid thunk, wedging itself between the slightly ajar doors with all the grace one might expect from an object that's been forcibly thrown at a very specific target.

((So, I'm going to roll a 1d100 along with this post. If it happens to be a 1, I might have something more to post. If it's not a 1, then nothing further happens and you can continue your plan.

1724734018832.png

EDIT: Jolly good.

Oh, and so the map actually has the statues on the other side within the door, but since I already told you that you can see the other key, I'm adjusting reality so that the other statues are on the small landing outside the door. ))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Magni reaches out and tentatively pushes the hexagonal key into the statue correctly. The moonstone shape clunks as it sets all the way into the lock, and in a flicker the light bridge is silently activated spanning the 35ft gap between the cliff and the door alcove.

1724806791102.png

Lads, LADS! Don't y'all get ahead of myself now! I can still smell what I did here last time and I'm definitely a creature of habits, hahaa!

The lumbering half-dumb half-maybenot gets ahead of the group and makes his way past the group. Expecting a fight, Aims is making sure to keep his eyeballs peeled for traps and ambushes like the previous coward group showed them.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
The group shuffles across the light bridge and begin to congregate at the other end, until Zesty steps forward and pushes the door open.

Magni's small stone statuette, which still lay on the ground in the crack of the doors, is pushed as the heavy oaken door swings open and it clatters up against the wall behind it.

As Zesty takes a step through the threshold into the rotunda, a small platoon of kobolds turn simultaneously at the noise of skittering stone and see the party framed in the open doorway. You notice that the nearest kobold is the Signifer that fled the prior battle, and as it notices you it lets out a sharp bark of surprise. There are three other more unique kobolds milling around the rotunda and two groups of Tiro along the North and South walls.

They seem to be protecting the golden sculpture in the middle of the room. The effigies the group had destroyed have been rebuilt in even more hasty forms, but still seem to represent five dragons of different colors; blue, red, bronze, brass and gold.

You do not see Sparkrender in the rotunda.

Roll for initiative.

1724870499038.png

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
The sun is coming from the East as it rises, casting light through the broken wall and the elevator doorway, causing the statue in the center to glint and it slowly moves. There's an arch of shadow closest to the door you're entering through.

1725220323248.png1725220008592.png

((Sorry everyone! Should have gotten this set up and ready to go sooner.

@Nae'blis You landed at the top of the initiative.))

Nac McWeeble

Yvan eht nioj
Nac surveys the room, taking in the situation. As he sees the Signifer he chuckles.

Ye. The cowardly little fuck who ran away. Well boyo, yer time for comeuppance has arrived.

Nac runs past Zesty and Boltz, making a beeline for the Signifer. As he gets near he throws an uppercut into the chin of the kobold. He then spends a ki point and drops into Patient Defense.

((As a reminder, Patient Defense lets Nac use Dodge as a bonus action, which means all attack rolls coming from enemies he can see are with disadvantage, plus he has advantage on Dex saves.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
Quoted Image
Nac steps past Zesty and slams his meaty knuckles up into the chin of the one who escaped earlier. The signifer grunts as its head snaps backwards.

Signifer takes 7 points of bludgeoning damage.

1725241618187.png1725241582060.png

Quoted Image
The Scale Sorcerer backs up from party and starts to chant something under it's breath.

Kobold Scale Sorcerer casts Fog Cloud.

From the center of the room, a swirling vortex of fog whirls into existence and fog begins to cascade down over the golden sculpture. It extends 20 feet up with a 20 foot radius, filling up the majority of the rotunda with thick opaque fog.

1725241874911.png1725242887589.png

((@Jon Zesty is up. For the fog, basically you're all blind trying to see into it, so basically it'll mean you've got disadvantage against attacking things inside. You can't see them, but you can still attack where you think they were. Fog cloud lasts for 1 hour though, so unless you find some way to clear it this'll be a fight no one sees.

A heavily obscured area--such as darkness, opaque fog, or dense foliage--blocks vision entirely. A creature effectively suffers from the blinded condition when trying to see something in that area.
  • A blinded creature can't see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight.
  • Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature's attack rolls have disadvantage.

1725243442109.png1725243084747.png))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Blind Guardian
((Damned kobold magic must've spilled over to the real world as well, coudn't see more than a couple of meters driving to work half an hour ago...))
((Put on your magic blindfold when you drive.

@Jon and everyone else, I guess I can offer; you have the option to ready an action. So if you want to say "I ready to attack the first enemy I see after the fog clears" and wait for Short or someone to wind it away, you can. Your attack action would trigger in response to the fog clearing.

I'm of course assuming Short could do this with some druid spell. Maybe even Moonsprout? I believe prestidigitation can make wind. Just would have to be a 10mph wind.))

((10 mph seems to fall in the "harmless" effect level, that seems like druidcraft could clear up some fog right? Would make sense to take advantage of a cantrip that won't kill everyone if I can))

• Haha
Back
Top Bottom