• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Mobile Marvel Snap

Agree with the consensus about the changes. Nothing wrong at all with the Peak or District X. Understand Lamentis a little more I suppose. But I don’t understand why they get rid of those locations and keep something like Dream Dimension (cards cost one more on turn five), which exists solely to fuck every over and which no one likes.

In other news, are we going to get a fair leagues experience this time? Don’t mind putting in a bit of extra time for some rewards, though not bothered about borders really.

rktaker

Screenshot 2024-08-23 162250.png

so I found a power increasing deck and made some alterations to it, it's doing ok so far but any suggestions on how to make it better? obviously i might not have the cards you suggest but It's something I'll keep in mind for the future

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
View attachment 19454

so I found a power increasing deck and made some alterations to it, it's doing ok so far but any suggestions on how to make it better? obviously i might not have the cards you suggest but It's something I'll keep in mind for the future
Oh that's an early game deck if I've ever seen one lol

And I don't mean that as a dig or anything. We've ALL ran a deck that looks very similar at some point.

If you have him, fit Wong in

rktaker

Oh that's an early game deck if I've ever seen one lol

And I don't mean that as a dig or anything. We've ALL ran a deck that looks very similar at some point.

If you have him, fit Wong in
just curious what's considered early game? just wondering cause if it's something that's not near my collection level then maybe I should look for other dwcks to use then. it would make sense that I couldn't find any other cards really to to continue to alter things

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
just curious what's considered early game? just wondering cause if it's something that's not near my collection level then maybe I should look for other dwcks to use then. it would make sense that I couldn't find any other cards really to to continue to alter things
ATTENTION THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY

Cards are set up by series. Early games is series 1,2, and 3. Mid and late game is series 4, 5, and 6.

You can check snap.fan and marvelsnapzone for some resources.
THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SPOKEN :smash 🤨

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I think almost every card you have there is below series 3, which are effectively the starter cards. as you progress you'll unlock series 3 and then later series 4 and 5 cards that have more abilities.

it's not a knock, it's literally just that is an early game deck

rktaker

Well, what is your CL
it's at 706

I think almost every card you have there is below series 3, which are effectively the starter cards. as you progress you'll unlock series 3 and then later series 4 and 5 cards that have more abilities.

it's not a knock, it's literally just that is an early game deck
no I know it was something that I was curious about anyway just cause I know early game would be more series 1 or 2 cards and I knew I was at series 3 so that's why I asked. so I should probably be using those series 3 lol

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
it's at 706

no I know it was something that I was curious about anyway just cause I know early game would be more series 1 or 2 cards and I knew I was at series 3 so that's why I asked. so I should probably be using those series 3 lol
make themed decks. like all/most cards have an on demand effect, or an "ongoing" effect.

building themed decks that synergizes well are the keys to success

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
it's at 706
Yeah that's very early days. Luckily at that level you will be facing players of similar CL so you shouldn't be getting blasted by unobtainable cards.

I think Cole's advice is best. Look at card types you have and build based on those. On reveal combo decks work great at that level, on going might be a little harder, but if you can get enough to work together. Destroy is always a decently strong deck. Other options would be discard and move archetypes. So yeah just group together similar cards and see what sticks.

At your collection level you should also be gaming cards at a pretty quick pace too. So just keep focusing on your missions to get credits, use those credits to upgrade your cards and gain CL to earn new cards

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Yeah that's very early days. Luckily at that level you will be facing players of similar CL so you shouldn't be getting blasted by unobtainable cards.

I think Cole's advice is best. Look at card types you have and build based on those. On reveal combo decks work great at that level, on going might be a little harder, but if you can get enough to work together. Destroy is always a decently strong deck. Other options would be discard and move archetypes. So yeah just group together similar cards and see what sticks.

At your collection level you should also be gaming cards at a pretty quick pace too. So just keep focusing on your missions to get credits, use those credits to upgrade your cards and gain CL to earn new cards
so interestingly enough, I had a very hard time getting an even remotely reliable destroy deck. I didn't get venom for a very long time and he was kind of the lynch pin.

the second deck I had luck with after on going was move, and that's when I fell in love with the game, then it was discard, and THEN destroy for me. and for each of them they required one or two kind of "Lynch pins" before the deck was truly viable. I don't know if you were citing known statistics about the beginner decks or just your experience, but that's the way nine went. (I have all my first screenshots I can cycle them and look through)

but the same holds true for any of them, and I agree with every thing you said.

on demand is the easy "first" deck, ongoing requires more randomness. the next deck to really look for could be any one of Move, Discard, or Destroy, and those decks can do really well early game.

rktaker

is it me or does leagues make people retreat more often? cause even at rank 17 I feel like people have been retreating more than they had before

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
is it me or does leagues make people retreat more often? cause even at rank 17 I feel like people have been retreating more than they had before
Well I'm in the 90s on ladder which is Retreat City (as it should be, learning when to retreat is one of the most important things to do) but it makes sense. Want to mitigate your losses.

I really don't like leagues though, brings out all the tryhards when I'm just trying to have a fun casual game.

rktaker

Well I'm in the 90s on ladder which is Retreat City (as it should be, learning when to retreat is one of the most important things to do) but it makes sense. Want to mitigate your losses.

I really don't like leagues though, brings out all the tryhards when I'm just trying to have a fun casual game.
yeah that’s what I’m saying it seems like leagues have even made the lower levels into retreat city which kind of sucks. not because I’m trying to win the league or anything (even though I’m in second in mine right now) but because it makes snapping pointless because people will just retreat when they know they’re gonna lose so it makes getting out of the lower ladder take longer

I wondered if only added you to a league once you played your first game after leagues launched. So I just didn’t play until as far into the next day as I could without losing out on missions, figuring it might put me with less active people. I might have been right about that. At least I’m winning my league pretty comfortably at the moment.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I wondered if only added you to a league once you played your first game after leagues launched. So I just didn’t play until as far into the next day as I could without losing out on missions, figuring it might put me with less active people. I might have been right about that. At least I’m winning my league pretty comfortably at the moment.
Yeah, there's been people playing with that aspect this time around...

...now people are trying to figure out what is the absolute latest you can get added to a league.

Jamie using lawyer brain here
It’s the only brain I have…
So next time all the try hards will try to go as late as possible
I’m not sure the try hards can keep themselves from playing the game for 24 hours. Unless Conquest doesn’t count, in which case they’ll all play conquest and jump into the league with an hour to go.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
1724526235778.png

I'm guessing they increased the token amount to 6000 on this image to account for the 3000 tokens Legion would cost on his own...

If you don't have Legion, the bundle is good, at roughly 150% value.

If you DIDN'T have Legion, its pretty meh.

Back
Top Bottom