GW Mario Party

View attachment 13454

For some reason I thought about this game. 🤔

I can sub in for Gloom until she's back, unless anyone else is itching.

Edit: my son has told me he hates me about 7 times following this. (I was Bowser.)

View attachment 13456
Alright. She was playing as Lumalee, the little blue star dude from Galaxy and the movie. Everything works pretty much the same as it normally does, but if you have any questions that the first post doesn't answer feel free to ask.

Just need a D10 roll from you for now

• Okie Dokie
Reactions: Ben

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Alright. She was playing as Lumalee, the little blue star dude from Galaxy and the movie. Everything works pretty much the same as it normally does, but if you have any questions that the first post doesn't answer feel free to ask.

Just need a D10 roll from you for now
1000006054.gif

Welcome to the game. You are just in time to immediately face the most confusing part of this board: the cactus shortcut. Please read the section about it on the original post. I did my best to explain how it works there, but it's probably not super clear, so I'll tell you all your options. You reached this junction with 5 spaces left, and there are also 5 possible paths you can take:

1. If you skip the cacti and continue upward, you'll land on this blue space.
2. If you enter the shortcut and choose to purposely run into the first cactus you meet, you'll be launched to the right side of the map. Choosing to head left, you'll pass the eastern star space and land on the blue space just past the shop.
3. If you do the same as 2, but go down towards Luigi instead, you will land on the blue space near him.
4. If you successfully jump over the first cactus (D20 roll required) and purposely run into the second cactus, you'll be launched to the left side of the map, pass the western star space, and land on the blue space over there.
5. If you successfully jump over both cacti (two D20 rolls required), you'll head upward and land on the item space.

Note that you can't currently afford a star, but visiting either star space will give everyone intel on which one is real.

1713060810286.png

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Welcome to the game. You are just in time to immediately face the most confusing part of this board: the cactus shortcut. Please read the section about it on the original post. I did my best to explain how it works there, but it's probably not super clear, so I'll tell you all your options. You reached this junction with 5 spaces left, and there are also 5 possible paths you can take:

1. If you skip the cacti and continue upward, you'll land on this blue space.
2. If you enter the shortcut and choose to purposely run into the first cactus you meet, you'll be launched to the right side of the map. Choosing to head left, you'll pass the eastern star space and land on the blue space just past the shop.
3. If you do the same as 2, but go down towards Luigi instead, you will land on the blue space near him.
4. If you successfully jump over the first cactus (D20 roll required) and purposely run into the second cactus, you'll be launched to the left side of the map, pass the western star space, and land on the blue space over there.
5. If you successfully jump over both cacti (two D20 rolls required), you'll head upward and land on the item space.

Note that you can't currently afford a star, but visiting either star space will give everyone intel on which one is real.

View attachment 13461
Make sense well enough. Let's go with... 4. Seems like either we* make it over the first cactus and end up checking the star up there, or we fail the roll and end up checking the other one (if 4 fails then we'll head back left to 2.)

(*Still Gloom's game, and in the event I win somehow while she's still on her honeymoon, the badge goes to her of course.)

That movie... was not as good as people claim it was...

There I said it.
It was okay. It wasn't amazing.

But I also enjoyed the original Mario movie with Bob Hoskins, for as little as it was a Mario Movie, so... 🤷

Make sense well enough. Let's go with... 4. Seems like either we* make it over the first cactus and end up checking the star up there, or we fail the roll and end up checking the other one (if 4 fails then we'll head back left to 2.)

(*Still Gloom's game, and in the event I win somehow while she's still on her honeymoon, the badge goes to her of course.)

It was okay. It wasn't amazing.

But I also enjoyed the original Mario movie with Bob Hoskins, for as little as it was a Mario Movie, so... 🤷
Well we've been playing since the end of February and we're only on like Turn 3 or something, so that would be one hell of a honeymoon if we managed to finish it before she gets back. Also roll me a d20 for the jump

I wouldn't say the movie was a masterpiece or anything, but I think it was very good. But with that said, I am extremely easy to please and my expectations for the movie were pretty low.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Well we've been playing since the end of February and we're only on like Turn 3 or something, so that would be one hell of a honeymoon if we managed to finish it before she gets back. Also roll me a d20 for the jump

I wouldn't say the movie was a masterpiece or anything, but I think it was very good. But with that said, I am extremely easy to please and my expectations for the movie were pretty low.
Hah. Maybe I'm just trippin' over that earlier game of Super Mario Party, where I got 2 stars in a row on one turn (would have been 3 if I Lakitu coins because I didn't want my kid to murder me in my sleep) and then 2 bonus for most Allies and Most Event Spaces.

*Yeets self*

Edit:
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

(Luckily the jumps are a very low DC of only 5 so no whoopsies here)
Lumalee successfully jumps over the first cactus, then runs headfirst into the second one, launching himself to the left side of the board. Heading forward, he is stopped by a Koopa Troopa.
"Welcome to the Koopa Bank! Please deposit 5 coins"
Lumalee loses his 3 remaining coins. The bank now holds 3 coins in total.
Moving forward, Lumalee reaches Toadsworth, turning to face him...
...but he receives no response, and the toad, as well as the star space, fades from existence. It seems it was a mirage!
Lumalee continues on his path and lands here, collecting 3 coins.
End of Turn 3

Scoreboard
6th: TD/Toad: ⭐x0, 🪙x5, Items: Bowser Suit
3rd: VashtheStampede/Boom Boom: ⭐x0, 🪙x28, Items: Bowser Phone, Mushroom
2nd: Spiner202/Yoshi: ⭐x0, 🪙x42
8th: shortkut/Boo: ⭐x0, 🪙x0
5th: Jon/Dry Bones: ⭐x0, 🪙x11, Items: Dueling Glove, Skeleton Key
4th: Rick52/Luigi: ⭐x0, 🪙x22, Items: Wacky Watch
1st: Nae'blis/Goomba: ⭐x0, 🪙x21, Items: Magic Lamp
7th: Gloom-is-good/Ben/Lumalee: ⭐x0, 🪙x3

GWMP Turn 4.png

It's Mini-Game Time!
Maths of Glory
(Partners Mini-Game)
1713066109242.png
Teams/Turn Order:
Toad (TD) & Luigi (Rick52) [Red Team]
Boom Boom (VashtheStampede) & Lumalee (Ben) [Yellow Team]
Dry Bones (Jon) & Goomba (Nae'blis) [Blue Team]
Boo (shortkut) & Yoshi (Spiner202) [Green Team]

How to Play:
All four teams have a castle with 50 Health. Each team will take turns choosing a target and both teammates will roll a D6. The two resulting numbers will be multiplied together and that much damage will be dealt to the team they agreed upon. Once a team has been reduced to 0 HP, they are eliminated. The last remaining team wins and both players will receive 10 coins.

@TD @Rick52 Decide which team you'd like to target and roll your D6.

(Not sure if this will be an issue, but to avoid potential disagreements we can say that the first player listed on each team will have final say on the target the first round, and we'll switch off each time. But still feel free to discuss with your partners)

Last edited:
fwiw, I'm not sure how the standings are calculated here, but 4 people had more coins than Nae, and no one had stars, so he was not technically in first. He was 4th. Spiner is 1. Then Vash and Rick. I guess I was technically in 5th.
Ah yeah my bad, I forgot to update that when he bought the magic lamp, and then Lumalee's coins didn't change so I didn't think about it. But to be fair he's probably getting a star next turn. Just needs to roll a 2 or use that lamp.

But anyway, Blue Team's castle takes 36 damage so they're out. Not gonna bother copypasting HP on my phone, but @Rick52 and @TD are up.

Ah yeah my bad, I forgot to update that when he bought the magic lamp, and then Lumalee's coins didn't change so I didn't think about it. But to be fair he's probably getting a star next turn. Just needs to roll a 2 or use that lamp.

But anyway, Blue Team's castle takes 36 damage so they're out. Not gonna bother copypasting HP on my phone, but @Rick52 and @TD are up.
WAY TO GO FLAME! YOU GOT US INADVERTANTLY KILLED! :link

Back
Top Bottom