• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

U.S.A. Fmr. President Trump shot at during campaign event in Butler, PA

Would Trump actually follow Project 2025?

The Trump approved platform for the RNC barely even mentions abortion or divorce and removes opposition on same-sex marriage to name some examples. Republicans know full well that their general positioning on abortion has hurt them in the last few years, and there's nothing Trump wants more than to be liked. Even a cursory glance at opinion polls shows the other two are non-starters.

Trump has no "allies" as such - he's beholden to nobody. He has only useful idiots who need to be smart enough to bend his ear a little but not to actually challenge him. But if Trump has already spoken out against many of these things then I don't see how that changes.

He may not directly, but the people he appoints will

This has been strangely bipartisan so far. Trump hasn't politicized it as far as I know and he and Biden both made statements about how we need to stand together. Only rhetoric I've heard so far has been from Putin (you know, the guy who jailed his political opponent who then died in prison, is going to have the nerve to comment on our elections 🙄).

Almost makes you wonder if the gunman was a Russian bot since they are still trying to figure out a motive.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
This has been strangely bipartisan so far. Trump hasn't politicized it as far as I know and he and Biden both made statements about how we need to stand together. Only rhetoric I've heard so far has been from Putin (you know, the guy who jailed his political opponent who then died in prison, is going to have the nerve to comment on our elections 🙄).

Almost makes you wonder if the gunman was a Russian bot since they are still trying to figure out a motive.
It felt too conspiracy theory to speculate on Crooks getting paid to do it.

But yeah, Russia would be an option. It even lines up oddly with Musk making a large contribution to his campaign... Actually if Trump were killed, Musk may try to fill that void, being another super rich right-wing celebrity.

You've got to realize if you try to kill the former President you're doomed, but if your family gets a few million to live happily insulated from the incoming storm, maybe you consider it.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

I’m almost afraid to call it bipartisan at this point, but it most certainly seems like both sides are treading lightly, with the exception of the fringes on either side… those dudes are cooking up their conspiracies. It almost feels like they recognize the gravity of this situation, and know that they don’t want to be on the wrong side of history, for once. Do you think this could serve as a wake-up call to the others, even if it doesn’t do a damn thing to humble Donny?

It felt too conspiracy theory to speculate on Crooks getting paid to do it.

But yeah, Russia would be an option. It even lines up oddly with Musk making a large contribution to his campaign... Actually if Trump were killed, Musk may try to fill that void, being another super rich right-wing celebrity.

You've got to realize if you try to kill the former President you're doomed, but if your family gets a few million to live happily insulated from the incoming storm, maybe you consider it.
That would actually line up with the fact that the gun was legally purchased by the shooters father 🤔

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Just saw this video on Reddit, wtf (no nsfw) a lot of people point him out

That's pretty wild...

There's a cop RIGHT THERE.

Comments seem to suggest it was about 2 minutes between this video (the speech in it) and the shots. You can't get onto the roof, or radio the secret service, within 2 minutes?

1721049691307.png

If it were a conspiracy, I don't see a young kid getting hired to play the assassin. Just seems like a shit at glory and incompetence that caused the whole thing to unfold the way it did.
As much as we all love to jump to conspiracy theories, I think this is the most plausible thing. And unless evidence is found to the contrary, we have to assume yours is the correct scenario.

Imagine Putin sending a hit job to eliminate Trump, even though they seemed to be buddies.
Just saw this video on Reddit, wtf (no nsfw) a lot of people point him out

This is just pathetic. He's not even well hidden. How does no one in law enforcement see this?
This guy is...interesting. I'll put it at that. A self labeled "girl dad" who supported Trump. That sure is...a choice.
I genuinely do not care what kind of person he was and who he intended to vote for. He didn't deserve to die, and seeing as there's video evidence of people 100% aware of him being there any no one doing a thing about it, his death could have 100% been avoided. Law enforcement never does what is required of them.

Reactions: Jon

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I genuinely do not care what kind of person he was and who he intended to vote for. He didn't deserve to die, and seeing as there's video evidence of people 100% aware of him being there any no one doing a thing about it, his death could have 100% been avoided. Law enforcement never does what is required of them.
Absolutely. Regardless of affiliation, he seemed to be a respectable person and apparently went down trying to protect his family. That's what's going to cause more ire from a lack of due diligence in security, that an innocent man lost his life because the Secret Service left a blind spot, not that Trump got nicked.

Imagine Putin sending a hit job to eliminate Trump, even though they seemed to be buddies.
"Seems to be" is right. At the end of the day, Putin's motive is to disrupt our democracy as much as possible, and Trump was just a convenient ally in that. If he did mastermind an assassination attempt, he knew it could fuck things up whether he succeeded in killing Trump or not.

• Agree
Reactions: Ben
Absolutely. Regardless of affiliation, he seemed to be a respectable person and apparently went down trying to protect his family. That's what's going to cause more ire from a lack of due diligence in security, that an innocent man lost his life because the Secret Service left a blind spot, not that Trump got nicked.
True. And so far security is taking the brunt of the blame for this, and rightly so.

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
I never said he deserved to die. He obviously didn't deserve to die. I am just observing that he is this interesting example of a cross section of life contradictions that we have seen in Trump supporters. This aspect mystifies me and I hope it is studied to understand their mindset.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I’ve seen comments (naturally) questioning how seasoned the agents assigned to Trump were, with some speculating that those designated to him in recent years were still green.

There’s also a video circulating of the two rooftop counter-snipers, with one in a crouched position tracking what is believed to be the shooter and only firing upon him after he opened fire, I won’t share that here since it has the exact moment he fired at the shooter, but it’s easy enough to find. In my opinion, a seasoned sniper wouldn’t have let someone get that many shots off before acting, but, opinions are like assholes, so…

I think I saw presumptive VP nominee JD Vance getting pretty political with this already. So there's that.
All the typical MAGA morons are politicizing this. Vance, Green, Scott, Rubio... all to some degree saying this was a Biden hit job and (hypocritically) saying that Dem rhetoric is the reason this happened.

Right... it's the Dems calling out Trump trying to destroy America and the fact he's a fascist... which news flash... HE IS... is the reason this kid tried to assassinate Trump. That's the only reason. Yup. Dem rhetoric.

Rep rhetoric has had NOTHING to do with political violence right? I wonder if Paul Pelosi and the Capitol Police feel the same way... :rolleyes:

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I’ve seen comments (naturally) questioning how seasoned the agents assigned to Trump were, with some speculating that those designated to him in recent years were still green.

There’s also a video circulating of the two rooftop counter-snipers, with one in a crouched position tracking what is believed to be the shooter and only firing upon him after he opened fire, I won’t share that here since it has the exact moment he fired at the shooter, but it’s easy enough to find. In my opinion, a seasoned sniper wouldn’t have let someone get that many shots off before acting, but, opinions are like assholes, so…
Maybe it was like one of those action movies where the sniper has a bead on the hero (who the higher-ups think is the villain but he really only took those people hostage because if he didn't his son would die of Space Lupus) and the sniper is like "I have a shot. Do I have the green light?" And then the team commander hesitates because he just got told by the hero's plucky neighbor that he saw a prescription for Space Lupus Medicine in his trash can and then the sniper repeats himself "I HAVE A SHOT, COMMANDER" and the Captain is in the corner telling the commander "TELL HIM TO TAKE THE SHOT, JIM!" but the commander just KNOWS they shouldn't take him out and finally he says "WAIT! DO NOT TAKE THE SHOT"

BTW it turns out the Captain gave the hero's son Space Lupus because of a real estate scheme

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
View attachment 18114

View attachment 18115

This looks like it was a high profile school shooting.

As such I say we treat it like every other school shooting and go ahead and forget about it. It's been 2 days already.
Well, at least it sounds like it'll be harder for them to pin it on the left...? :shrug

I'm just waiting for someone to spin it into "VIDYUH GAYMZ" and say he spent too much time playing Hitman or something.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Maybe it was like one of those action movies where the sniper has a bead on the hero (who the higher-ups think is the villain but he really only took those people hostage because if he didn't his son would die of Space Lupus) and the sniper is like "I have a shot. Do I have the green light?" And then the team commander hesitates because he just got told by the hero's plucky neighbor that he saw a prescription for Space Lupus Medicine in his trash can and then the sniper repeats himself "I HAVE A SHOT, COMMANDER" and the Captain is in the corner telling the commander "TELL HIM TO TAKE THE SHOT, JIM!" but the commander just KNOWS they shouldn't take him out and finally he says "WAIT! DO NOT TAKE THE SHOT"

BTW it turns out the Captain gave the hero's son Space Lupus because of a real estate scheme

That makes too much sense to be the actions of the federal government…

Unless I'm playing, amirite, fellow gamers?
Sarcastic Bad News GIF by Hello All

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Unless I'm playing, amirite, fellow gamers?
My favorite Hitman memory is when I was trying to do a run of a level where I only kill the target.

I knock one guard unconscious and take his uniform. Then I see another guard coming and I panic while trying to find a place to hide the unconscious guard so I drop him in the river.

Turns out unconscious people in bodies of water tend to drown to death.

Failed that attempt.

I’m sorry I’m not as hip as you, you fucking cool cat you.
Lol... I don't play any of those battle royale games anymore.

Wasn't it the teleprompter that got shot, and what hit Trump was a piece of glass?
That was a rumor. No indication of that, nor confirmation.

I will say though. Having watched the video multiple times, I find it odd that he grabs his ear and there's not a drop of blood on his hand...

I know SOMETIMES a bullet can cauterize tissue with the heat it generates, which slows the rate at which blood comes out at first... but it seems odd to me that there was no red on his hand that i could see.

Maybe I'm secretly a Republican if I'm going to entertain conspiracy theories.

My favorite Hitman memory is when I was trying to do a run of a level where I only kill the target.

I knock one guard unconscious and take his uniform. Then I see another guard coming and I panic while trying to find a place to hide the unconscious guard so I drop him in the river.

Turns out unconscious people in bodies of water tend to drown to death.

Failed that attempt.
The Ghost playthrough in Dishonored is pretty fun. If I ever play Hitman, I'm definitely trying a Ghost type playthrough.

seeing as there's video evidence of people 100% aware of him being there any no one doing a thing about it, his death could have 100% been avoided. Law enforcement never does what is required of them.
Not shocked given Trumps voter base lacks empathy

Supreme court ruled cops dont have to put themselves in danger, an officer did go onto the roof, but backed away when teh gun was pointed at him, or at least that is what Im hearing, cant remember if I saw a legit source on it

Back
Top Bottom