• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

U.S.A. Fmr. President Trump shot at during campaign event in Butler, PA

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Drama Sitting GIF

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I've heard Trump has only diehard supporters in his SS detail, and that they aren't exactly the cream of the crop. Not sure how true that is, but it could explain these incidents. I doubt anybody could even get to the fence of a golf course that Biden or Kamala were playing at.

Now? Maybe. Previous attempt? I had no clue Andy Milonakis even went to the USSS training facility down in Prince George’s county, let alone voted red.

It’s also my understanding that even a president doesn’t get to hand-select agents on their detail, so if that’s true, I’d have a hard time believing a former president gets that privilege.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
It’s also my understanding that even a president doesn’t get to hand-select agents on their detail, so if that’s true, I’d have a hard time believing a former president gets that privilege.

Biden dismissed most of his detail when elected and was able to install agents he was familiar with from his VP tenure, due to concerns with Trump loyalists in the detail.

Where do you think those guys would end up?

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: Jon

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Biden dismissed most of his detail when elected and was able to install agents he was familiar with from his VP tenure, due to concerns with Trump loyalists in the detail.

Where do you think those guys would end up?

I wasn’t aware of that, because I was always under the impression that the whole point of the gig was to have the most qualified candidates and not the most politically favorable, but I can’t really say I’m surprised considering how everything else goes. As far as where they landed afterwards? It shouldn’t have been anywhere… if you have to remove agents for fear of political bias, then they have no place there.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
As far as where they landed afterwards? It shouldn’t have been anywhere… if you have to remove agents for fear of political bias, then they have no place there.

I agree 100%, but let's face it, at their core, Secret Service agents are basically cops and they're always going to protect their own.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I agree 100%, but let's face it, at their core, Secret Service agents are basically cops and they're always going to protect their own.

…yeaaah, you ain’t wrong, but it’s still surprising to see considering the gravity of their job. I totally get under-qualified cops. I’ve seen plenty of them, and have heard horror stories about how cadets are pushed through despite failing marks in certain categories (I.e., letting a slightly overweight person on the force if they test high elsewhere), but everything I’ve heard about USSS up until the trash-talking about DEI hires pointed to them having stricter standards.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
  • Respect
per voter registration records this dude lived like two minutes away from me lol. at one point he was in ukraine trying to recruit the taliban to fight russia, or something because they wouldn't let him enlist himself. crazy they don't want 50somethings with no military experience to fight in their war

• What?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Looks like they’re starting off “small” with the charges against Routh. They’re only hitting him with possession of a firearm as a felon and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number. Both carry serious penalties if convicted, but they expect additional charges to be added as the investigation continues.

What I find odd about this, and I hope @Jon or @VashTheStampede can clarify as Floridians, is that there is no charge for discharging a firearm, despite initial reports.

Looks like they’re starting off “small” with the charges against Routh. They’re only hitting him with possession of a firearm as a felon and possession of a firearm with an obliterated serial number. Both carry serious penalties if convicted, but they expect additional charges to be added as the investigation continues.

What I find odd about this, and I hope @Jon or @VashTheStampede can clarify as Floridians, is that there is no charge for discharging a firearm, despite initial reports.
From what I've heard, he didn't fire. The SS fired 4 shots in his direction and he fled.

Even in Florida I don't think you can be charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm if you didn't fire it.

But with his rap sheet, they are probably better off going with charges they can prove because as an ex-felon he's likely to get max sentence with no leniency.

That's how I'd do it if I were the DA anyway.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
From what I've heard, he didn't fire. The SS fired 4 shots in his direction and he fled.

Even in Florida I don't think you can be charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm if you didn't fire it.

But with his rap sheet, they are probably better off going with charges they can prove because as an ex-felon he's likely to get max sentence with no leniency.

That's how I'd do it if I were the DA anyway.

He’d be a fucking idiot if he did try to fire from that far away. The only Saiga like the one described that I’m familiar with is an “AK style” 12ga semi-automatic shotgun. I had one I received as a gift, until I got rid of it a couple years ago, because it was a POS. Sure, it can fire slugs, but lemme see you hit a target down range like that with no drop. I’ll take a Mossberg any day.

• This is the Way

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
View attachment 20672

Backpedaling faster than the valuation of his company

What is the joke, Elon? Please explain the joke and what was funny about it. The internet is usually pretty good at getting things.

Man, seeing this up close I'm finally noticing his...armor? lmao if that's a joke or supposed to be ironic, it's not. This is the company you own and you're making your profile pic look like one of those Trump pics where they photoshopped him into armor or superhero outfits or boxing men etc

He's five

And it makes me mad that he knows how powerful it is, at minimum we need to tax the shit out of him and we're not doing that and I'm mad

Like at what point would our government ever intervene and say, you are a national security risk and you encourage domestic terrorism and domestic violence and you can't own a social media network

Probably never

• Agree
Reactions: Kat

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
What is the joke, Elon? Please explain the joke and what was funny about it. The internet is usually pretty good at getting things.

Man, seeing this up close I'm finally noticing his...armor? lmao if that's a joke or supposed to be ironic, it's not. This is the company you own and you're making your profile pic look like one of those Trump pics where they photoshopped him into armor or superhero outfits or boxing men etc

He's five
Typical bully pulling "it's just a prank, bro" when called on his bullshit

Nothing more, nothing less

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

It’s like the dog ear filter for alpha males, don’t you know anything?

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I'm pretty sure Elon is just positioning to run for president himself next, and will try to fill that void from Trump dying. He'll try to angle it ass the future revolution and building a utopia, but it'll be the kind of sci-fi world where only rich white people are in the sunlight while everyone else lives below ground some shit.

He isn't going to politics himself into president by the conventional means. He's got to ride the republican celebrity billionaire ticket.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
he can't he's from South Africa

so there's that at least

Edit: also can I just say it's refreshing to not claim someone for once

for once it's not an American
Hmm, fair. Still... There are lots of rules people just don't give a fuck about when it suits them. Like how Trump should have given up his companies while president, not give them to his kids.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm pretty sure Elon is just positioning to run for president himself next, and will try to fill that void from Trump dying. He'll try to angle it ass the future revolution and building a utopia, but it'll be the kind of sci-fi world where only rich white people are in the sunlight while everyone else lives below ground some shit.

He isn't going to politics himself into president by the conventional means. He's got to ride the republican celebrity billionaire ticket.

I Know GIF

New Zorg gonna drop soon.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I don't see the whole "robots rebelling against humans" thing happening, that's pure sci-fi to me. But it does seem plausible that drones and the leaps in AI and improvements in robotics could lead to authoritarian states sending machines to deal with protests. Scary thought.

There are already countless experiments being conducted with armed drones. Hell, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if AI hadn’t already been utilized in warfare, but that’s a rabbit hole I haven’t gone down.

There are already countless experiments being conducted with armed drones. Hell, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if AI hadn’t already been utilized in warfare, but that’s a rabbit hole I haven’t gone down.
remember a few months ago when the IDF “accidentally” attacked that World Central Kitchen convoy? that happened around the same time this report dropped:

remember a few months ago when the IDF “accidentally” attacked that World Central Kitchen convoy? that happened around the same time this report dropped:

IDF literally inventing Zapp Brannigan's killbots.

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder

He's five

And it makes me mad that he knows how powerful it is, at minimum we need to tax the shit out of him and we're not doing that and I'm mad

Like at what point would our government ever intervene and say, you are a national security risk and you encourage domestic terrorism and domestic violence and you can't own a social media network

Probably never

Please god let this start getting traction

Please oh please

Especially since Boeing is a disaster now and the gov shifted the contracts to SpaceX

It doesn't have to be this way

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Please god let this start getting traction

Please oh please

Especially since Boeing is a disaster now and the gov shifted the contracts to SpaceX

It doesn't have to be this way

I’m curious what happens if it does gain traction, though. The guy deliberately has his hands in so much stuff, and at times he practically begs for someone to step to him. People like him have a very “fine, I’m taking my toys and I’m leaving” attitude. That could become problematic and quick… it wouldn’t just be (more) Teslas stranded on the side of the road, there’s StarLink with all of the data transferred through it, the NASA contracts, the private data collected via Twitter. He’s certainly the kind of guy that’s going to need to be thoughtfully removed, because any drastic measures could create a ripple effect.

Back
Top Bottom