• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

U.S.A. Fmr. President Trump shot at during campaign event in Butler, PA

They just showed footage of the guy who was shot in the arm and a very pale man being carried by two people on live news. After reporting a man in the audience was killed. I really hope they didn't just show a dead shooting victim on live TV.
I know the Secret Service is to there to protect Trump, but my thought was "what about the people near Trump that could have been hurt? No one is rushing to their aid."

And hearing others were hurt and killed drives that home more. Trump fist bumping he's ok while there are others hurt and dying... Fuck this man

Apparently the shooter is dead, along with the one rally-goer.

I can't help but imagine if the roles were reversed what Reps would be saying...

Then you see MTG immediately blaming Dems and media for this attempt and you know what they'd be saying.

So how he continues to have American politics by the balls is astounding to me.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I know the Secret Service is to there to protect Trump, but my thought was "what about the people near Trump that could have been hurt? No one is rushing to their aid."

And hearing others were hurt and killed drives that home more. Trump fist bumping he's ok while there are others hurt and dying... Fuck this man

In his defense (ugh… can’t believe I’m saying that phrase) he probably had no clue anyone else was hit. He didn’t even know what happened at first. One minute he’s running his face, the next his ear’s burning, he’s grabbing at it, and then he’s being dog-piled by SS. Being the media whore he is, he’ll never miss a photo op, he didn’t when he was in court, getting shot at won’t change that.

In his defense (ugh… can’t believe I’m saying that phrase) he probably had no clue anyone else was hit. He didn’t even know what happened at first. One minute he’s running his face, the next his ear’s burning, he’s grabbing at it, and then he’s being dog-piled by SS. Being the media whore he is, he’ll never miss a photo op, he didn’t when he was in court, getting shot at won’t change that.
I wasn't really referring to him. Secret service and other police on stage is who I meant. Watch the vid. 5-6 people were all running to dipshit. none were checking other directions and running to anyone else who was possibly hurt.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Counterpoint: of course he didn't because that's how egomania works

Counter-counter point, it’s also how shock works. This is a man not accustomed to consequences for his actions, the worst he encountered before this were unfavorable headlines and photos. For the first time in his life, someone who despises him enough to make an attempt on his life took action against him. The insulation was gone. He’s no longer invincible. It would seem sensible for someone like that to come to the realization that they’re fine, and then immediately shift to a sense of excitement because of the adrenaline. I laughed hysterically and cracked jokes after the first time I was shot at… people are fucking weird under those circumstances, dude, and he’s weird under all circumstances.

I wasn't really referring to him. Secret service and other police on stage is who I meant. Watch the vid. 5-6 people were all running to dipshit. none were checking other directions and running to anyone else who was possibly hurt.

I watched a wide view, and it was reminiscent of other videos of attempts on presidents. His detail covered him, there was a team that provided his detail cover, and then the other badges seemed to take on auxiliary roles and crowd control.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
You know her last act among the living was flicking the bean, c’mon now…
Happy Mr Bean GIF

• Lol
Reactions: Jon

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
What's going to drive me crazy is when one side is hand-wringing and calling for blood when people like me crack jokes like "this is proof that to defeat fascism you need to move a little to the left."

(I would like to assure the federal agent assigned to me that this is a joke and I would never publicly call for the death of a government official.)

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Alright, I’ve split this new story out from the debate thread since this obviously is going to extend into more than just a quick headline.
I cannot tell if new thread title is supposed to be "Former President Trump" or "Fuck My Reality".

'cause I think the latter.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
You're like the epitome of that "Then I got high" song.

I used to know the name of it, but then I got high.

Only… I’ve been the one taking the cars while high, not having mine repo’d because I didn’t pay the note like in the song. There is a distinction.

Anyway… back on topic.

We’ve heard from Jeff Dunham’s Walter on the matter…

I have lots of thoughts on this, but the one thing no one mentioned yet is how insane it was that so many people in the crowd started cheering "USA! USA!" after an attempted political assassination. It's the most brain-dead possible chant in that situation.

Also, the politicians decrying political violence is kind of lulzy to me, since that's essentially the entire basis of the 2nd amendment.

Anyway, nothing good happens from here on out. This is a disaster.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I have lots of thoughts on this, but the one thing no one mentioned yet is how insane it was that so many people in the crowd started cheering "USA! USA!" after an attempted political assassination. It's the most brain-dead possible chant in that situation.

Also, the politicians decrying political violence is kind of lulzy to me, since that's essentially the entire basis of the 2nd amendment.

Anyway, nothing good happens from here on out. This is a disaster.

I *think* that might have been started when Trump started his fist-pumping to go with the spray tan and “just got grabbed up by security” aesthetic.

I *think* that might have been started when Trump started his fist-pumping to go with the spray tan and “just got grabbed up by security” aesthetic.
Regardless, a more logical chant would be "Trump! Trump!"

Chanting "USA!" is so tone deaf. What, you're cheering that your country is a place where your favorite political candidate can suffer an assassination?

Back
Top Bottom