• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

U.S.A. Fmr. President Trump shot at during campaign event in Butler, PA

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Regardless, a more logical chant would be "Trump! Trump!"

Chanting "USA!" is so tone deaf. What, you're cheering that your country is a place where your favorite political candidate can suffer an assassination?

I dunno, man. They’re an interesting bunch up there. “Tone” isn’t something high up on the list of priorities.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Makes sense for Biden to check in on Trump. He's lived through this kind of thing before. Reagan, JFK, Lincoln...

“I was driving my Corvette one time, and lemme tell you buddy, that thing was fast, but anyways… a rock flew up and chipped my windshield. That’s how I knew I was right for this job, I can tackle any… but what I was saying was…”

THAT had to be an interesting phone call.
Thing is... Biden was likely sincere and truly offering condolences and hope for recovery.

Trump will turn this into a PR stunt first thing in the morning and won't compliment Biden. Wouldn't be surprised if he says Biden never called him.

"Donald, I am glad you're ok. I wish you a speedy recovery. There's no place in America for violence."

"Joe, I'm going to be using this to get political sway and tell everyone it was a radical leftist that tried to kill me."

Trump will turn this into a PR stunt first thing in the morning and won't compliment Biden. Wouldn't be surprised if he says Biden never called him.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING THE HATERS AND THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA! 2019 WILL BE A FANTASTIC YEAR FOR THOSE NOT SUFFERING FROM TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME. JUST CALM DOWN AND ENJOY THE RIDE, GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING FOR OUR COUNTRY!

• This is the Way
Reactions: Jon

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
I have so many questions

I didn't read the whole thread

How did this happen number 1, I'm reading a little bit about that question, I guess the shooter got through the police, it's a massive security failure...how did this even happen, this should not ever happen

Will Trump still do rallies? He loves rallies but I bet he loves staying alive more knowing him

If this had succeeded, who would the new candidate be? He hasn't announced a running partner yet. He has wiped out all competition. How would that have played out?

I will think of more questions tomorrow

The photo is already selling on shirts

I have lots of thoughts on this, but the one thing no one mentioned yet is how insane it was that so many people in the crowd started cheering "USA! USA!" after an attempted political assassination. It's the most brain-dead possible chant in that situation.

One has to be brain dead to support Trump, so it tracks

I've seen people say this but he barely moved in the video. I don't think he moved enough to be the cause of the bullet missing.
I think it's more "turn your head sideways and see where your ear is, then turn back to facing forward and see where it would have hit instead"

Not so much a "he dodged" but a "if he hadn't previously moved it would have been much worse" thing.

I have so many questions

How did this happen number 1, I'm reading a little bit about that question, I guess the shooter got through the police, it's a massive security failure...how did this even happen, this should not ever happen

Will Trump still do rallies? He loves rallies but I bet he loves staying alive more knowing him

If this had succeeded, who would the new candidate be? He hasn't announced a running partner yet. He has wiped out all competition. How would that have played out?

The shooter was outside the perimeter I thought? Didn't need to get through the police just for shot from a nearby rooftop... Which also absolutely should have been checked and guarded.

Reactions: Jon
Also PA is a closed primary state, which means you need to be registered in a party to vote in the primary. So the shooter could have not actually had Republican mindsets and only been registered as one in order to vote in the primary against Trump rather than voting in the D primary.

MA allows me to be non registered and vote in which primary I want, so I voted in the Republican one to vote "no preference" so very easily be the case for that dude.

I think it's more "turn your head sideways and see where your ear is, then turn back to facing forward and see where it would have hit instead"

Not so much a "he dodged" but a "if he hadn't previously moved it would have been much worse" thing.
I get it, but I guess my issue is that people have been making it sound like Trump moved JUST before the bullet hit, but it looks like he'd been in that position for a while. I could be wrong about the angles though.

Also PA is a closed primary state, which means you need to be registered in a party to vote in the primary. So the shooter could have not actually had Republican mindsets and only been registered as one in order to vote in the primary against Trump rather than voting in the D primary.

MA allows me to be non registered and vote in which primary I want, so I voted in the Republican one to vote "no preference" so very easily be the case for that dude.
It's possible, but he was wearing a shirt from a gun youtube Channel and yes people on the left can have guns too, but typically it's the people on the right that make it their whole personality and will wear merchandise, and there's the whole thing that recently most terrorism and violence like this is perpetrated by those on the right.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
So it seems like him turning his head saved his life?

Potentially. So far, the only number I’ve seen in regards to distance was “roughly 400ft away”, and their attention was focused to the left side of the camera range, as if that’s where the shots were coming from… which appear to be outside of the venue, just barely.

I've seen people say this but he barely moved in the video. I don't think he moved enough to be the cause of the bullet missing.

If the distance from stage to shooter I heard is correct, you wouldn’t have to move much at that distance to throw off someone with subpar tracking skills.

The shooter was outside the perimeter I thought? Didn't need to get through the police just for shot from a nearby rooftop... Which also absolutely should have been checked and guarded.

As far as I know, they comb through those adjacent areas beforehand, but not so much during the actual event after it has already been cleared. That’s not to say that there wasn’t a perimeter established, but if he was able to stay inside the perimeter the whole time… it would make sense. Him being registered as a Republican, having guns, and being within the perimeter likely wouldn’t have set off many alarms.

I have so many questions

I think he'll keep doing them with heightened security. Which would make a funny dilemma having to enforce a "gun free zone" given who his constituents are.

I think he'll keep doing them with heightened security. Which would make a funny dilemma having to enforce a "gun free zone" given who his constituents are.
Everything he's always been at has always been a gun free zone including all his little Republican conventions, I can't help but feel it would be much safer if there was a good guy with a gun everywhere

Everything he's always been at has always been a gun free zone including all his little Republican conventions, I can't help but feel it would be much safer if there was a good guy with a gun everywhere
Funny because that was one of my first reactions. "Did the good guy with the gun go visit the john at the wrong time?" :chuckle

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
After some of the BLM stuff went down in Portland Maine, and people started fucking with police departments, I saw them have snipers posted up on the rooftops of hotels all around the city. There's no way they don't do similar for rallies by default. There are guaranteed to be a fuckton of security inside, and observing from outside.

Too bad trunk never visits the theatre. Might have been more successful.

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
I am trying to get the correct, verified information because so much is flying around right now

The consensus seems to be that the cut was from teleprompter glass

Someone in the audience died instead (don't see any info on who)

From what I am reading a few people actually tried to warn about the shooter, they saw him with his rifle and he looked out of place, but for some reason these warnings were not investigated.

I don't know how much of that is department miscommunication, e.g. both sides assumed that was a guy from the USSS or the police.

Something breaking is that the shooter had explosive material in his car and residence

I guess Biden and Trump had a brief phone call

I am really wondering why Trump was so fixated on getting his shoes, making sure he had his shoes before leaving??

Looks like a lot of world leaders are making brief statements too

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I am really wondering why Trump was so fixated on getting his shoes, making sure he had his shoes before leaving??
My first assumption is because he's probably got lifts in them, like almost every other politician, to make him look taller than he is. If they were left behind and someone found that to be the case, he'd have another "Trump has small hands and a mushroom penis" on his... small hands.

Rachel

No Problem Here
GW Elder
My first assumption is because he's probably got lifts in them, like almost every other politician, to make him look taller than he is. If they were left behind and someone found that to be the case, he'd have another "Trump has small hands and a mushroom penis" on his... small hands.

That was also my first gut thought, but it's like...that's worth your life?? You don't know at that point that the threat is neutralized. Also can't believe he stood up, or they let him stand up, or whatever that was

That was also my first gut thought, but it's like...that's worth your life?? You don't know at that point that the threat is neutralized. Also can't believe he stood up, or they let him stand up, or whatever that was
He's probably just in shock. People do weird things when they're in shock. He could've even meant something completely different from "shoes"; his brain just wasn't firing right given the circumstances.

I mean, think about it -- it isn't logical that he needs shoes. He was wearing his shoes. What, he has an extra pair hidden at the podium?

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Maybe he assumed the assassination attempt was like the one on Bush, and he wanted to collect the evidence.

shoe throwing GIF

Someone in the audience died instead (don't see any info on who)
And we probably won't. Doesn't fit the agenda.

"But someone died."

MAGA: Who the fuck cares about some nobody? Our savior bled for you and I!

Maybe he assumed the assassination attempt was like the one on Bush, and he wanted to collect the evidence.

shoe throwing GIF
Classic. Remember when Clinton got egged? Simpler times.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Image is paramount for him. It’s the same reason he had to throw his fists in the air after the SS got done checking his drawers.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
He was identified about half an hour ago as Corey Comperatore.

Yeah, we can’t forget about the whole “notifying next of kin” thing… considering how some Trump supporters end up alienated from their families for reasons, I’d imagine that could be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom