Character Creation discussion

Dungeon Master

Bingo! Dino DNA.
A very self-conscious and self-sacrificing half-orc barbarian who will immediately throw himself in harms way the instant there is even a small threat.

Somewhat aptly named Aims'orreh Mwuh'bawdd.

1000003799.png
It didn't really like my prompt for him diving towards a halfling who just stubbed his toe. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Interesting AI, btw, @Ben.

I love that image of a wolf hacker in my profile banner. I stumbled on that as inspiration for a hacker I made for Shadowrun. I need a wolf for my D&D character methinks. Wolf of any class and role methinks.
ANY class of wolf?

Upper-class. 🧐
1000003800.png

I hadn't yet put any thought into what *I* might like to play.

Might try a middle aged Asian necromancer who exclusively creates teenage zombies to do their bidding.

Alastor Amalune.

View attachment 5124
Kinda sketchy that you’re only making teenagers, and they have to do your bidding…
Bad News Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
I hadn't yet put any thought into what *I* might like to play.

Might try a middle aged Asian necromancer who exclusively creates teenage zombies to do their bidding.

Alastor Amalune.

View attachment 5124

Why not keep it real and be an Englishman lost on foreign soil that had to use every resource available to make it north away from the troubles? Instead of waking up in a forest, you woke up in some hick town and had to work your way AWAY from civilization.

Dungeon Master

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Testing something:

Seems to work for others to view. I believe it'd be easy enough to attach a link to a profile with the custom fields, which would reduce the need for all the stat counters, etc.

Only thought is would that make things DM editable? Or do you trust players to maintain their own sheets like they'd have to in real life?

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
I'd definitely trust people to keep track of their own characters, that's a big part of the game. I'd always make myself available if they need help, of course, but the Beyond app does an amazing job of hand-holding on its own.

"Cheating" in D&D is really only cheating yourself out of a more interesting adventure anyway. And is typically very obvious to those who have spent a bit of time around it.

I'd definitely trust people to keep track of their own characters, that's a big part of the game. I'd always make myself available if they need help, of course, but the Beyond app does an amazing job of hand-holding on its own.

"Cheating" in D&D is really only cheating yourself out of a more interesting adventure anyway. And is typically very obvious to those who have spent a bit of time around it.
So… no game genie?

Dungeon Master

Bingo! Dino DNA.

Yeah, you're right. I'm letting my business system analyst suspicion of end user ineptitude make me want to hand hold, but after poking around that site for a few it really does seem to cover everything imaginable.

So we might be able to get away with minimal fields, perhaps even down to just the character name, and link to the stat sheet. There may be room to plug the character picture and stuff into the forum side info though, just to give it flavor without pushing EVERYTHING to an external site. It'd help to quickly glance at who's who without needing to pull up a full sheet.

Dungeon Master

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Oh, and just to say it, I totally didn't mean to lock anyone into a character just because I found it amusing to fuck with AI today. They came out pretty cool, but no one is obligated to use them or stick to whatever you first thought of. I can make more.

Captain America Avengers GIF

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Yeah, you're right. I'm letting my business system analyst suspicion of end user ineptitude make me want to hand hold, but after poking around that site for a few it really does seem to cover everything imaginable.

So we might be able to get away with minimal fields, perhaps even down to just the character name, and link to the stat sheet. There may be room to plug the character picture and stuff into the forum side info though, just to give it flavor without pushing EVERYTHING to an external site. It'd help to quickly glance at who's who without needing to pull up a full sheet.

This sounds pretty good, because it means that you guys won’t be stuck on that stage of it for long before we move on, which just gets things that much closer to kicking off.

Reactions: Ben

Dungeon Master

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Can you make my guy more lumberjacky?

I really liked the background stuff in the one you first posted though, essentially I think I can work that group of folks into his backstory
If you really like that previous one, I'll have to take a whack at it in Stable Diffusion later where I should be able to retain a lot of the initial image. ChatGPT doesn't do revisions to existing images well, just creates new ones.

But I did get this, which kind of fits the same vibe.

1000003813.png

It actually gave me Minsc and Boo vibes, you're just Boo. So you need a hulking pet Ranger instead.

View attachment 5134
Oh I'm a fan of the original design. It's cool as hell.

But yeah I can also have a pet ranger. The guy who loves the kegs around for me.

Also I'm questing because I'm constantly searching for new things to ferment in order to make my tavern the most popular one around.

Dungeon Master

Bingo! Dino DNA.
OK woah how are we getting the cool side profile jazz going?

That's where I got the forum side stuff so far. The actual character sheets will need Vash's tender explanation.

Back
Top Bottom