[2024] MLB Season Discussion Thread

TBF, the Royals have only given up 16 runs so far.
I hope they keep it up!

Cleveland has an AL leading +18 run diff after 6 games. That is not something I thought I'd say. Sure, its only been 6 games, and it's definitely not sustainable, but the offense is actually scoring runs. Pitching staff is kinda boned, though. If Bieber gets hurt, the rotation is forked. If the Guardians are having a bad season by the trade deadline and Bieber keeps pitching as good as he has in his first two starts, he is definitely getting traded.
My fantasy team would appreciate any and all success from Tanner Bibee and Gavin Williams (currently on IL).

Maybe I'll start watching baseball again this year. Once I stopped having NESN and the Sox decided Mookie Betts was no longer needed I became less interested. We'll see how this year goes though - my wife has access to the occasional set of tickets through her work so every now and then she asks if I want to go to a game. Might be a year for saying yes to that.

rktaker

Marlins and Mets are a combined 0-11 of course the Mets haven’t played for a few days because of rain. They have a double header against the tigers today which I’m sure they’ll lose both games. obviously a much different roster but in 2005 the Mets started the season 0-5 and then won 6 straight games

rktaker

Mets finally get their first win of the season in game 2 of the Double header vs the Tigers getting no-hit in the 8th, MEts end up walking it off in the 9th and win 2-1

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: Jon

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
JJ Hardy is causing drama in Chandler, Arizona because his neighbors are pissed that he's building a baseball field in his backyard

What are odds shes the one whos gonna complain every night even though theyre on 2 different plots of land?

If Bieber gets hurt, the rotation is forked.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Rick52

"..."
GW Elder
the 5-1 tigers had their home opening against the Vagabond Athletics

barely avoid blowing the first game, lose the next two scoring a combined 1 run in them

good on them to kill their hype this early, guess they didn't want to pull a red wings and trick people in thinking they had made any real improvements this year (same owner btw)

rktaker

Mets are bouncing back from their slow start, got a big win over the Braves last night apparently all they needed was to get out of New York I guess. I just hope that when they do go back home they don't completely forget how to play baseball again

Against all expectations, Cleveland stands at the top of the league.

Record: 1
Runs Scored: T3 (with Dodgers who have played 2 more games)
Runs allowed: 2 (Royals are 1)
Diff: 1

3-0 in Extra Inning games.

I don't know how long this can last. People like to point out that the As are 7-8 when not playing Cleveland, but I don't know how relevant of an argument that is.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I hope I never run into this goof at the stadium, because if I ever go for a home run ball and he feels the need to knock me out of the way, he's going over the railing. He has a history of jumping in front of kids to get every home run ball he can at every stadium he visits.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I am officially going to the Diamondbacks/Orioles game Saturday. I just cant wear the DBacks gear I have lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jon

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I get MLB moving games to ESPN and Fox on occasion, but to put a game on Apple TV AND blacking it out on MLB TV, is ridiculous, especially when the new owner of the Orioles is the guest Mr Splash tonight đź« 

Back
Top Bottom