[2024] MLB Season Discussion Thread

That was a clean slide TBH.
Clean? No. Dirty? Yes.

It was a late slide, but cleats were down. Admittedly, I'm out of touch with a LOT of new rules in baseball, but last I watched, that was a dirty slide, intended to be late, but it was NOT and illegal slide. If I were the fielder, I'd be upset, but the baserunner STILL needs to try and break up DPs. Which is what Hoskins did. It's not illegal, but it was late. Purposely.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Henderson is a beast. I was impressed with what I saw of him during his rookie campaign last year. How's Rutschman doing btw? He's another player I'm high on.

Rutschman is the face of the team, he's been hitting the cover off the ball too. Once Holliday gets called up, that's gonna be our big 3.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Okay, we're only 3 days in and already had 2 bench clearing incidents. One with the Brewers/Mets and tonight with the Blue Jays/Rays.

rktaker

never thought Trout would be the one to be lazy playing a ball but maybe he finally realized the Angels are wasting his career

never thought Trout would be the one to be lazy playing a ball but maybe he finally realized the Angels are wasting his career
He CHOSE this. It was a thing years ago when he was up for contract. He said he wanted to stay in LA because they don't have a rabid fan base and he doesNOT like the spotlight on him.

rktaker

He CHOSE this. It was a thing years ago when he was up for contract. He said he wanted to stay in LA because they don't have a rabid fan base and he doesNOT like the spotlight on him.
that's why I said maybe now he realized it cause he didn't realize before :p. but anyway apparently there's reports of Trout and Hicks getting into a shouting match aren't true

Reactions: Jon

rktaker

"hey uh I know we're leaving soon but we have nowhere else to go so pretty please can we stay here for a bit longer?"

Fisher's cheap ass won't want to pay 97 million to stay in Oakland. Especially since people aren't coming to games and their attendance will continue to decrease as the seasons progress. People know the team is leaving, and will stop coming to games altogether.

The only hope is that it becomes so bad that it mirrors the 1899 Cleveland Spiders and the league will have to step in and do something about it.

rktaker

Fisher's cheap ass won't want to pay 97 million to stay in Oakland. Especially since people aren't coming to games and their attendance will continue to decrease as the seasons progress. People know the team is leaving, and will stop coming to games altogether.

The only hope is that it becomes so bad that it mirrors the 1899 Cleveland Spiders and the league will have to step in and do something about it.
they won't cause Manfred works for the owners, which includes Fisher, so if the rest of the owners don't want to do anything, Manfred won't either

The whole situation with Oakland is a fucking mess. The fans aren't showing up any of the games and who could blame them? We've already seen how this shit has unfolded with the Raiders before their move to Vegas. Before that, we've seen the exact same thing happen to the Expos before they moved to Washington.

The team had everything gutted. The product you see on the field is a barebones husk of a team getting by on thrift store purchases. Why would any sane person in Oakland want to drop money on this, especially when they know the owner is hell-bent on moving the team? Fisher only wants an increase in franchise value for a future sale. He's not interested in the team in the very least.

And here's the kicker. They pushed for the move to Vegas despite the city wanting nothing to do with the team.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
The whole situation with Oakland is a fucking mess. The fans aren't showing up any of the games and who could blame them? We've already seen how this shit has unfolded with the Raiders before their move to Vegas. Before that, we've seen the exact same thing happen to the Expos before they moved to Washington.

The team had everything gutted. The product you see on the field is a barebones husk of a team getting by on thrift store purchases. Why would any sane person in Oakland want to drop money on this, especially when they know the owner is hell-bent on moving the team? Fisher only wants an increase in franchise value for a future sale. He's not interested in the team in the very least.

And here's the kicker. They pushed for the move to Vegas despite the city wanting nothing to do with the team.

yeah the mayor of Vegas came out a few months ago and said she hopes the team can stay in Oakland.

Jays are getting their collective asses whooped by the
Iu7w016.png

rktaker

I think this might be the worst mets team since like early 2010's it is so bad it's not even funny, like I'm not usually one to overreact this early in the season but jeez I don't know how this team is going to even win aq game this year, we'll be lucky if we win 15 games

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

He's the one who got the Orioles switched from Memorial Stadium to Camden Yards, as well as getting the Padres into Petco Park.

He's the one who got the Orioles switched from Memorial Stadium to Camden Yards, as well as getting the Padres into Petco Park.
Shit, I never liked Lucchino, but that's sad.

TBF, the Royals have only given up 16 runs so far. That's tied for 3rd in the AL. The Dodgers have only played 2 or 3 more games than the rest of the league and have given up 38 runs this season. They've also scored a league leading 52.

Cleveland has an AL leading +18 run diff after 6 games. That is not something I thought I'd say. Sure, its only been 6 games, and it's definitely not sustainable, but the offense is actually scoring runs. Pitching staff is kinda boned, though. If Bieber gets hurt, the rotation is forked. If the Guardians are having a bad season by the trade deadline and Bieber keeps pitching as good as he has in his first two starts, he is definitely getting traded.

Back
Top Bottom