VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
The thing I learned about playing this game is that:
Most of the emotional appeals in Wolf are complete bullshit kabuki theatre.

"OH NOOOOO HOW DARE YOU VOTE FOR ME" are usually the words of wolves. Townies don't get AS invested in the game, and don't care as much about dying... At least not until the game is very close.
I totally get what you're saying and usually I can block out the bullshit.

I just had a bit of an issue this time because of an emotional appeal that hit me really close to home.

Reading someone claiming to struggle with anxiety and wanting to quit the game over it was not something I really needed to deal with in this game, especially after sitting out Jon's game for practically that same reason.

• Agree
Reactions: TD
I totally get what you're saying and usually I can block out the bullshit.

I just had a bit of an issue this time because of an emotional appeal that hit me really close to home.

Reading someone claiming to struggle with anxiety and wanting to quit the game over it was not something I really needed to deal with in this game, especially after sitting out Jon's game for practically that same reason.
I don't recall much of the game, when did that happen?

One thing I did notice about playing that I feel like gives a lot of people extra leeway though is the "I'm busy IRL so i'm not following this that much, here's my vote, i'll check back in and see if people changed their minds" excuse. Not saying it's not legit, but it's an easy way to not get targeted I feel like

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
One thing I did notice about playing that I feel like gives a lot of people extra leeway though is the "I'm busy IRL so i'm not following this that much, here's my vote, i'll check back in and see if people changed their minds" excuse. Not saying it's not legit, but it's an easy way to not get targeted I feel like.
Yeah, don't lynch those people. That's fucked up. We all have lives.

Kill them at night and look like a Hero for it. :link

One thing I did notice about playing that I feel like gives a lot of people extra leeway though is the "I'm busy IRL so i'm not following this that much, here's my vote, i'll check back in and see if people changed their minds" excuse. Not saying it's not legit, but it's an easy way to not get targeted I feel like
In my defense, I've never used that excuse before. And it was legit for me.

Bad news: it affected me this game and Benzine STILL found something I did wrong when i was barely there. I still think he just lucked into a pure guess, but his instincts are good regardless.

Good news: all the hard work paid off, I finished my sprint, and I'm off tomorrow.

Bad news: I'm dead and now everyone wants to quit.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
You know what, I quit too...
slap GIF

No.

I dunno why but I sat here watching this for 2 minutes.

@Zell 17 - Please tell me this is a play and TD isn't REALLY mad at Dean for playing to his only win condition? I still think killing Tubby here is safer and take out Raine overnight is safer, but... I know they've been working the "go after each other" angle all game. I hope this is a continuation.

TD is legitimately upset, but we also aren't privy to the whole story.
That's why I'm asking. I know some stuff from wolf chat and the idea was they go hard at one another... but that's why I asked Zell to confirm if it's a ploy. If it's not, Dean is playing to the wolf win... it's HIS JOB to do that first. Just because TD wants the couple win, doesn't mean everyone else needs to acquiesce if there is a win condition for them...

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
That's why I'm asking. I know some stuff from wolf chat and the idea was they go hard at one another... but that's why I asked Zell to confirm if it's a ploy. If it's not, Dean is playing to the wolf win... it's HIS JOB to do that first. Just because TD wants the couple win, doesn't mean everyone else needs to acquiesce if there is a win condition for them...
I can pretty much confirm its not a ploy.

I'm also going to withhold judgment until I know the whole story.

I am seriously tempted to go back to shitposting in the game thread like I never died.
I just had to delete a quote of your skip to say unskip. But we're shitposters, we're SUPPOSED to shitpost.

And I gotta get promoted soon... I'm wasting my talents and may need to looks for a place without a glass ceiling!

I’m also on the road driving from Charlotte to New Hampshire. So, someone wanna give me cliff notes on the hurt feelings? I know what the current game state is but that’s about it
Dean switched to Tommy and skipped.

TD got pissed off saying fuck you to Dean and other and the horse you rode in on. And resigned from wolf.

Benzine and Raine bickered.

Guys I’m still so confused why people are hurt here. Seriously help me out
I don't think we have the context either. Which is why i asked you about wolf chat and if they were still in roles.

Dean switched to Tommy as a vote and skipped....

It LOOKS predicated as a result of Benzine chirping (I don't know if it was).

Then TD got angry that Dean switched because that essentially ruins their Cupid win.

That's all we really have.

Back
Top Bottom