The Netherealm

Christina

I see you
Queen of the Dead
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
I declare myself winner of this game for having not played.

@Christina join me in the celebration.
Happy Rose Mciver GIF by CBS

I mean, maybe it's just me, but I feel going into shitpost mode now is going to discount any feelings TD is actually having, and we dont know the whole story. Dean is saying nothing till the game is over apparently, so maybe it's time to end it and sort it out before SOMEONE says something they can't take back.

It’s one thing to be frustrated that a victory you thought was in hand just slipped away but to really be upset about is another thing. There has to be something else going on
That's why I'm saying turning the main thread into fun loving shit posting maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay not be the best outcome now.

Reactions: Ben
If you or @Raine talk to him outside of here, let him know that we (I hope I speak for everyone) harbor no animosity towards him. I’m not even upset he killed me in jail. Just disappointed Kelly gave him the weapon and not me.

I enjoy seeing him post and I know shit is tough outside of GW, but I had hoped that when he came back it was good for his mental health.

Early on with the Ryan stuff, I expressed concern that wolf would drive people away. @Cole doesn’t play wolf anymore, Ryan is gone, christapede was hurt in a game, and now TD. We need a nice long break from Wolf. Maybe some tic-tac-toe instead

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
He had a lot go not so great in his life recently. It wouldn't be crazy to think he might need a break.
Also I know that he and I are...wired similarly would be a way to put it without getting too much into his personal stuff.

I totally get how he feels right now and having unrelated people jumping in and basically saying IT'S JUST A GAME BRO would have set me the fuck OFF

Also I know that he and I are...wired similarly would be a way to put it without getting too much into his personal stuff.

I totally get how he feels right now and having unrelated people jumping in and basically saying IT'S JUST A GAME BRO would have set me the fuck OFF
Understandable. No one wants their feelings to be invalidated

Why did you quote before I finished my edit? I rescind my edit
I'm finally able to post without work getting in the way.

I mean, i'm still "working" but I finished my sprint so I can pretend to be working again.

So I'm fast.

And I have so few real life friends.

YOU ASSHOLES FILL MY FRIEND VOID! STOP CHASING EACH OTHER A WAY BEFORE I GET BORED OF WOLF!

I'm finally able to post without work getting in the way.

I mean, i'm still "working" but I finished my sprint so I can pretend to be working again.

So I'm fast.

And I have so few real life friends.

YOU ASSHOLES FILL MY FRIEND VOID! STOP CHASING EACH OTHER A WAY BEFORE I GET BORED OF WOLF!
Wolf was so last hour. We’re doing D&D now

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Damn. Reading that thread fucking sucked. I don’t like that we have members feeling like that and rolling out.

Do y’all think something can be done to help put a stop to this? Or is it just the nature of these games when you’re walking the line between character actions and your personality?

I get that frustrations mount and things can get heated sometimes… but nobody should leave here feeling like that.

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I checked out of reading the subsequent days a while ago. So I'm glad I missed the bad vibes, but am not happy there there anyway.

My only regret is not trying to convince people about Dean, instead of chasing dumb hunches. Might have made this go differently.

Damn. Reading that thread fucking sucked. I don’t like that we have members feeling like that and rolling out.

Do y’all think something can be done to help put a stop to this? Or is it just the nature of these games when you’re walking the line between character actions and your personality?

I get that frustrations mount and things can get heated sometimes… but nobody should leave here feeling like that.
I somewhat suspect it's because there are tangible rewards tied to these games. Some people seem really invested in earning a dumb badge, or getting imaginary points on a scoreboard. It just incentives winning above community.

Which is what these games are intended to enable, friends to interact. But there's too much meta to it, feelings carrying over from other games, etc.

I'm so very excited about a D&D campaign. At least there it's rarely your fellow players fucking you, rather imaginary goblins.

I somewhat suspect it's because there are tangible rewards tied to these games. Some people seem really invested in earning a dumb badge, or getting imaginary points on a scoreboard. It just incentives winning above community.
Badge is like, bruh.

Also, that's why I just want to jump into a new game. Give me a new role and a new chance to win...

But nooooooooooooo.... Zell's "RNG" has determined I'm a wolf...

I HAVE THAT BADGE ALREADY DAMNIT!

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

See, I’ve tried to deliberately do everything I could to devalue those badges by awarding them for the most ridiculous shit and only creating the ones that anyone could get or that no one would actually want.

Which is what these games are intended to enable, friends to interact. But there's too much meta to it, feelings carrying over from other games, etc.

This is the part I’d like to see addressed personally… whether it’s a decompression period after each came to talk things out, or a bolder reminder to be mindful that it’s only a game and tread lightly when there’s no telling what people are up against on the other end of the screen. This place should be an escape, not another place where people feel hassled.

I'm so very excited about a D&D campaign. At least there it's rarely your fellow players fucking you, rather imaginary goblins.

Me too, but I don’t wanna keep losing people to these super competitive games when it’s not necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Ben

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Sounds like you just need to came. Then decompress.

…or take myself out to the garage and get nice and medicated after reading all that shit. Bothers the hell outta me seeing people feel like their spot to bullshit with friends is causing more harm than good. It sucks knowing the effort put into these games and forums, and then seeing it take a nose-dive in a completely unintended direction where everyone’s trying to figure out what to do to fix it.

Ben

Bingo! Dino DNA.
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
I don't think anyone in this particular situation cared about internet points or badges
Perhaps not explicitly in this case, no. But I did see Dean voice that he went so hard because he wanted to be the one who proved to Zell/Cole that someone could win by lying as wolf, or whatever. I guess I still inferred an all-game encompassing mindset from that. It might have been something Raposah said that gave me the badge vibe. I have no idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️

But you guys are great, and while I enjoy playing in these, it is a razors edge between satisfaction and frustration. More variety in the games, and not starting the next one before the current has even finished, would benefit everyone.

Back
Top Bottom