• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

The Hockey Thread

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Nope, just Dallas turning into the Boston Bruins. -___-
Sad Give Up GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Well then, fuck it, go Oilers, win the fucking cup.
At least players like Draisatl and McDavid are likeable. And I have a soft spot for another team that got Chiarelli'd. So I'm pulling for them.

I'm also pulling for Matt Tkachuck to tear his scrotum and Sam Bennett to break his wrist, but that's neither here nor there.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
At least players like Draisatl and McDavid are likeable. And I have a soft spot for another team that got Chiarelli'd. So I'm pulling for them.

I'm also pulling for Matt Tkachuck to tear his scrotum and Sam Bennett to break his wrist, but that's neither here nor there.
Yeah, DraiDavid deserve a cup, so they might as well go get it. No Tkachuk deserves a cup.

Reactions: Jon
It's hard for me to root for either team. I CANNOT root for Florida simply because they're a scummy team, and even though I like Edmonton a heck of a lot more, there's that part deep inside of me that so badly wants Toronto to be the team that ends the Canadian team cup drought. Also, seeing Hyman & Brown hoist the cup would sting so hard considering both are former Leafs, and loveable players at that.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
So I'm not usually an Oiler fan (being from Calgary we are born and raised to hate everything from Edmonton)

But my wife is.

I've shared her story here a couple months ago, so most of you probably know our situation. So I am really hoping they can win it all for her and bring her a happy moment to cherish right now.

For my son as well. It's been really rough on him, but seeing the joy and excitement on his face at the end of the game last night literally brought me to tears.

Major props to the Stars. They fought to the very last second, and I honestly thought they would eventually burst that dam and take that game. It was a fantastic series of two great teams that are really fun to watch.

With all that said, I will welcome you all onto this bandwagon with open arms and an open heart.

God damn isn't this sport the best?

So I'm not usually an Oiler fan (being from Calgary we are born and raised to hate everything from Edmonton)

But my wife is.

I've shared her story here a couple months ago, so most of you probably know our situation. So I am really hoping they can win it all for her and bring her a happy moment to cherish right now.

For my son as well. It's been really rough on him, but seeing the joy and excitement on his face at the end of the game last night literally brought me to tears.

Major props to the Stars. They fought to the very last second, and I honestly thought they would eventually burst that dam and take that game. It was a fantastic series of two great teams that are really fun to watch.

With all that said, I will welcome you all onto this bandwagon with open arms and an open heart.

I'm fine with the Canadian team to break the steak not being the Habs, the Leafs, or the Canucks. So this works.

Also fuck Florida

• This is the Way
Reactions: Jon
Habs and leafs for you I get, but what do you have against the training bra of the nhl?
Of the Habs, Leafs and Canucks, which of those three have gone the farthest recently? I would argue the Habs are the training bra. The Canucks are the push up bras. And the Leafs are a corset.

That said, what do Bostonians have against the Canucks? Aaron Rome.

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Of the Habs, Leafs and Canucks, which of those three have gone the farthest recently? I would argue the Habs are the training bra. The Canucks are the push up bras. And the Leafs are a corset.

That said, what do Bostonians have against the Canucks? Aaron Rome.
Nah the Canucks are the training bra. Tons of support but no cups

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder

But my wife is.

I'm an Oiler bandwagoner for this series. Because fuck any Tkachuk, and also for your wife, good moments are needed. ❤️
Nah the Canucks are the training bra. Tons of support but no cups
That 70S Show Burn GIF by PeacockTV

Back
Top Bottom