• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uh..

Does anyone have a res spell?

I think I can heal at least.
Healing spells are for the dying!

When/if you go lose all your HP you are not dead dead yet. You are dying. On your turn you do death saving throws. Fail too many of those or go into the negative HP too much and you are dead dead. Heals are a great way to stabilize somebody, or maybe even bring them back to not dying. Even if the battle is over, you still have to stabilize anybody dying. A medicine roll can be used for this too. Then you all lay there and sleep it off for 8 hours.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Healing spells are for the dying!

When/if you go lose all your HP you are not dead dead yet. You are dying. On your turn you do death saving throws. Fail too many of those or go into the negative HP too much and you are dead dead. Heals are a great way to stabilize somebody, or maybe even bring them back to not dying. Even if the battle is over, you still have to stabilize anybody dying. A medicine roll can be used for this too. Then you all lay there and sleep it off for 8 hours.
This is wonderful knowledge to have.
Thank you!

TD

Oh, there's hours to account for too??

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Disney+

• This Is Fine
Reactions: Ben
1 round of combat is 6 secs game time. The thought is that all the players are really moving at the same time. You will see time stuff on concentration spells. Like 10 minutes. Long enough to explore a room or two with it but will totally last a whole battle. The DM normally keeps track of the time and would point out your detect good and evil or whatever is up.

• Cheers!

TD

1 round of combat is 6 secs game time. The thought is that all the players are really moving at the same time. You will see time stuff on concentration spells. Like 10 minutes. Long enough to explore a room or two with it but will totally last a whole battle. The DM normally keeps track of the time and would point out your detect good and evil or whatever is up.
Oh this is comforting.

Time management is a struggle in day to day life as it is.

TD

@GwJumpman @shortkut @Tubby23
Welcome to playing with a min-maxer.
I went through the skills for all 4 of our characters and found the top 2 at each skill for any given situation.
If there are others lists we could use, let me know. Feel free to use this as a cheat sheet as we progress.

Acrobatics - Tortle (+4), Kutshort (+3)
Animal Handling - Tuberius (+4), Tortle (+2)
Arcana - Kutshort (+2)
Athletics - Tuberius (+4), Tortle (+2)
Deception - Tortle (+6), Dragmire (+5)
History - Kutshort (+2)
Insight - Tuberius (+6), Kutshort (+3)
Intimidation - Tortle (+6), Dragmire (+5)
Investigation - Kutshort (+6)
Medicine Tuberius (+4), Tortle (+2)
Nature - Kutshort (+2)
Perception - Tuberius (+6), Tortle (+4)
Performance - Tortle (+6), Kutshort (+4)
Persuasion - Tortle (+6), Kutshort (+6)
Religion - Kutshort (+2)
Sleight of Hand - Kutshort (+5), Dragmire (+5)
Stealth - Kutshort (+5), Tuberius (+3)
Survival - Tuberius (+6), Tortle (+2)

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
@GwJumpman @shortkut @Tubby23
Welcome to playing with a min-maxer.
I went through the skills for all 4 of our characters and found the top 2 at each skill for any given situation.
If there are others lists we could use, let me know. Feel free to use this as a cheat sheet as we progress.

Acrobatics - Tortle (+4), Kutshort (+3)
Animal Handling - Tuberius (+4), Tortle (+2)
Arcana - Kutshort (+2)
Athletics - Tuberius (+4), Tortle (+2)
Deception - Tortle (+6), Dragmire (+5)
History - Kutshort (+2)
Insight - Tuberius (+6), Kutshort (+3)
Intimidation - Tortle (+6), Dragmire (+5)
Investigation - Kutshort (+6)
Medicine Tuberius (+4), Tortle (+2)
Nature - Kutshort (+2)
Perception - Tuberius (+6), Tortle (+4)
Performance - Tortle (+6), Kutshort (+4)
Persuasion - Tortle (+6), Kutshort (+6)
Religion - Kutshort (+2)
Sleight of Hand - Kutshort (+5), Dragmire (+5)
Stealth - Kutshort (+5), Tuberius (+3)
Survival - Tuberius (+6), Tortle (+2)

Damn I was hesitant to even post this party comp stuff I was looking up for both the groups I was in, but after that post I don't feel bad anymore :raspberry
1705477207843.png
Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Not necessarily.

It's one of those things where people like different things about the game. Some people love doing it that way. Some people hate it.

Its all about finding what works for the party . And to a lesser extent the GM, but often we're just along for the ride.

Good GMs usually are having a good time as long as the party is having a good time.

• Hmm

TD

I'll apologize to anyone that didn't want to play like that.

I still intend to add flavour if I'm suggesting you do something.

also I don't want us all to die

TD

Tubby come back!
Any kind of fool could see,
There's just something about the 'roo,
Tubby come back!
You can blame it all on Tiddy,
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you.

Magni Kragtail

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
Is.. is what I did actually bad?
Nah not really. I just think it's a thing where people can go overboard with like gameifying things to the point where it can take away from the spirit or realism of the game. It doesn't really bother me personally, but it's kinda the same reason I don't like competitive play in Pokemon games. I was just pulling your leg though. I completely understand wanting to make sure your party is efficient and alive, etc and you aren't sabotaging yourselves.

• Cheers!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom