• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Discussion Tavern: Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hai.

...A translator may (or may not) help.
Dont Want To Feeling Tired GIF

T'anks Kiraine

Chief Liquid Officer, Shitposting Dept.
That looks like 30ft for Dude and 35ft for Dragmire.
I assume we have to take into consideration obstacles, such as the wall, and weave around those? So more like 45ft and 50ft. 👀 👀

Logic would dictate moving back into the tunnel and forcing them to funnel towards us.

But the characters are the characters, soo... we'll see how that goes. :chuckle

• Haha
Reactions: TD

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
You're assuming I was referring to myself and not simply ensuring a mechanic remained top of mind.

T'anks Kiraine

From my Googling on other topics, that's the way the rules present options.

Like the 11 is the average, so if you're (read: the DM) in a bit of a hurry that's the quick and dirty number to use. Otherwise, you (read: the DM) roll the dice and that's the result instead.

TD

So if I'm understanding correct, kut used his main action for improv right?

Or are skill checks free actions?

T'anks Kiraine

Anyway I might be feeling a certain way about the wolf having equal AC but more HP and movement than T'anks. Should just let the mutt tank! :rofl

...Also didn't realize mobs were so detailed. Are there, uh, skill/proficiency checks we should be using to glean some of this as opposed to running blind like with the last Goblin Boss? 😅

• Hmm

TD

Is there an "easy rule" to determine which ones would count as your improv action?

Or is it really like an.. up to the DM discretion thing?

VashTheStampede

Jawneh is possibly The Sorcerer
Anyway I might be feeling a certain way about the wolf having equal AC but more HP and movement than T'anks. Should just let the mutt tank! :rofl

...Also didn't realize mobs were so detailed. Are there, uh, skill/proficiency checks we should be using to glean some of this as opposed to running blind like with the last Goblin Boss? 😅
With random beasts (like wolves or snakes) I suppose a Survival check might give you hints as to how they may attack, even if you don't get the specific rules behind the attack.

VashTheStampede

Is there an "easy rule" to determine which ones would count as your improv action?

Or is it really like an.. up to the DM discretion thing?
The thing I really like about 5e compared to older versions of D&D is that almost every rule could end with "unless the DM decides otherwise". I am usually a fan of Rule of Cool, which means even if something doesn't technically fit the ruleset, if there's a good enough argument for it, or its just fuckin cool, we roll with it.

That's how you end up with a wolf helping you out with no Ranger in the party.

TD

You have 5 goblins looking at you, one blocking the stairs, and a 10ft cliff.

How you gonna get there quickly and quietly?

:chuckle

TD

Assuming the 5 goblins would not be suspicious at all of you throwing a rope up their 10 foot wall and scaling it, I'm sure the rope could help you climb it... if you're successful.

VashTheStampede

Assuming the 5 goblins would not be suspicious at all of you throwing a rope up their 10 foot wall and scaling it, I'm sure the rope could help you climb it... if you're successful.
Setting up a rope to scale a wall, though not a massive wall, is something that would take longer than a round of combat.

• Agree

T'anks Kiraine

I'm under the impression that anything that isn't a plain rope would have a different name, yeah? So it's not like there's a grapple or anchor attached, and you'd need to manually tie it to something. More of a down thing than an up thing, is what I'm getting at? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom