Campaign Stormwreck Isle; Curse of Compass Rose (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 3 - Curse of the Compass Rose
View attachment 357_Promontory.mp3

title.png

MAP:

THE STORY SO FAR:

THE QUEST:
  • The party seeks the wreck of the Compass Rose, a ship that went down decades ago and may be linked to the undead incursion.

THE LOCATION:

THE PARTY:
aimsorreh.png1000004899.jpg
moonsprout.png1000004901.jpg
short.png1000004905.jpg
nac.png1000004903.jpg
zesty.png1000004907.jpg

ITEM GLOSSARY:
ImageNameValue (per) copper.pngsilver.pnggold.pngWeight (per)Description
file-pVmgHgYEB9YKYx2GtAASY75F.png
Wind Spore Mushrooms
30 gold.png0.06 lbsA rare fungus with a unique magical property. When a creature squeezes a wind spore mushroom's cap, it releases a small cloud of spores. For 1 hour, the creature doesn't need to breathe, as the spores provide it with oxygen.
file-moYw6GogFv7wpuA90IyNwKTo.png
Obsidian Chunk
10 gold.png1 lbAn uncut opaque black gemstone.
file-D8FV3REG53vwt44CZPF5gFDU.png
Heart Cap Mushrooms
30 gold.png0.2 lbsThese mushrooms bear an unsettling resemblance to human hearts.
file-qdHIQqxCkWhZME6ymOpQj50s.png
Potion of Healing
50 gold.png0.5 lbsThis potion's red liquid glimmers when agitated. You regain 2d4+2 hit points when you drink this potion.
file-Wvp782vE4qJWR2QTy1tcpOXR.pngA Fine Lute
file-qUiTfpHVb3SLLXv10Ep2Xyya.pngBoots of ElvenkindWhile you wear these boots, your steps make no sound, regardless of the surface you are moving across. You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks that rely on moving silently.
file-EF5LK9mU1tyc9CrzMQNFhGQq.pngSpell Scroll of Command

THE STORY CONTINUES:
Having departed from Dragon's Rest for the second time, your band of adventurers slowly make their way down the mountain paths towards the shore where you first landed. The journey is uneventful and peaceful, a welcome contrast to the carnage the party has faced since arriving on the island. Songbirds flutter across the path ahead of you as they dart back and forth between bushes, hunting the insects they harbor. Your walk down to the water does not take more than a half hour however, so the ramble through nature is fleeting.

Returning to the beach where you had fought the zombies, the party find the scene just as you left it. The battered corpses of the drowned sailors lay immobile where they were slain, the putrid grey flesh not appealing to any scavengers and having been left untouched. Your group moves cautiously past the bodies, one by one each battling the anxiety that the monsters will spring up again and attack.

The five of you convene on the short wooden dock. There is an old fishing net dangling over the edge and trailing in the water, where it appears to be tangled within a clump of seaweed. Several short lengths of aging rope are knotted here and there around the thick posts, some having been cut free in haste rather than untied. A rowboat not dissimilar to the one you arrived in is tethered to the dock, and you see a pair of oars laying across the seats. The boat appears big enough for 4 medium sized passengers.

North of your position, you can see a long spur of sharp rocks jutting from the ocean waves, extending several miles out.​

INITIATIVE:
https://improvedinitiative.app/p/e88bk48y

Last edited:
  • Seen
Reactions: TD
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Nac whirls around and punches the remaining harpy in the throat and then goes into Patient Defense (spending a ki point)

nac-png.12021

Nac McWeeble
@Nae'blis
| You chop the bird-lady in the neck, causing a strangled "KWERK"

You deal 6 points of bludgeoning damage to Harpy 1. |

dm-png.12024

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
| 1711493724550.png

Harpy 1 realizes its surrounded and the odds do not look good.

"FUCK-KAW THIS!"

Harpy 1 disengages ((avoiding attack of opportunity)) and flies North off of the ship, about 30 feet away from the railing.

Harpy 1 attempts to flee battle. |

((It is fleeing, but not far enough away that you couldn't feasibly still hit it yet, so combat isn't over yet.))

((@Jawneh))

Last edited:
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Safe to assume based on the map it's about 50 feet away for now?))
((It's about 30 feet off the port side.))
Oi, come back you bastard! You aint leaving this ship!

Aims drops his great ax, grabs one of his handaxes. He walks next to the side of the boat and with a quick aim he snaps the hand ax at the harpy.
((1711542578206.png

As it's about 30 feet off the port side, she's beyond the standard range of your handaxe, which is 20ft/60ft. This just means you have disadvantage on trying to hit beyond 20 feet.

So to resolve that, I'll stick a 1d20+5 roll on this post and take the lower of that and your to-hit roll.))

Last edited:
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

aimsorreh-png.12019

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd
@Jawneh
|You rush to the railing of the ship, greataxe clattering onto the decking as you grab a balanced axe from a holster and raise it over your shoulder.

Aiming carefully, you hurl the axe forward with a "thwoop". It cartwheels through the air, blade flashing as it catches the sunlight.

The axe head bites into the back of the Harpy's thigh, lodging in the meat.

Harpy 1 takes 9 points of damage.

Harpy 1 is looking bloodied.

It however keeps flying away.|

((@An Obligatory Name Change ))

Last edited:

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
Moonsprout runs out on to the deck of the ship and shouts to the fleeing flyer:

ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SWAP SONGS! WAS IT WORTH IT!? WAS IT WORTH IIIIIIIIIT?? His little cheats furiously heaves and sinks with each deep, rushed breath as he gasps for air.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Badger!!

Short Order becomes himself again and casts Ice Knife on the fleeing harpy.

This will teach you to steal an axe!

Mortal Combat!

|You form your favorite implement of destruction and smile as the familiar icy hilt forms in your hand. You confidently bring it back over your shoulder, just as Aims had done, and heft the knife forward towards your doomed target.

It slips from your grasp and you drop the knife on the floor at your feet.

It explodes |

((@An Obligatory Name Change and @Jawneh, roll your DEX saving throw.))

• Hide the Pain
Reactions: Jon
((All I said was I wanted to see the badger cast a spell.

View attachment 12497
Ben outted your deleted post. You've done it to yourself! Don't blame me, murder hobo! :link ))
((Saying you want to see the badger cast a spell IS egging on. Also Ben deleted the post, not me. I would have just done exactly what I did in that deleted post had I not responded to you saying I wasn't able to cast a spell as a badger because Ben wouldn't have pointed out I could cast after changing back in a single go))

• Hide the Pain
Reactions: Jon
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

dm-png.12024

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
|file-V5pGT1IJBqYBoWPvzpLhK3mj.png

The knife explodes, propelling Short Order and Aims'Orreh into the air as the initial blast wave punches them off their feet. Neither manage to dodge out of the way in time. The barbarian is thrown to the right and the druid to the left.

The first sliver of the frozen blade pricks into the lower left side of Aims' chest. It streaks a cold line through warm tissue, and as it leaves the smallest of exit-holes, turns to liquid and washes away the drop of blood from the pin-prick wound.

A similar sliver finds entry in the side of Short Order's cheek as he attempts to turn from the blast. The projectile cuts a clear path between the druids open teeth, barely missing his tongue, and out the other cheek. The pain causes you to inhale with your mouth closed, but find air enters the holes, and that you can no longer suck.

The next dozen slivers of ice tear through the half-orc's chest, leaving ribbons of flesh visible where they entered and untold havoc wrought on internal organs within.

Aims'Orreh takes 7 points of cold damage.

Short Order takes 7 points of cold damage.

Aims'Orreh hit 0 HP and lays dying.

file-gC49CQ6uxyb4XDAeA4VMVvCa.png|

((Question, are you all going to stop trying to kill the harpy and help your friends, or are you still continuing combat?))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
((Saying you want to see the badger cast a spell IS egging on. Also Ben deleted the post, not me. I would have just done exactly what I did in that deleted post had I not responded to you saying I wasn't able to cast a spell as a badger because Ben wouldn't have pointed out I could cast after changing back in a single go))
((STOP BLAMING ME!

Run Omg GIF by Kick Game

At least when I miss I don't kill my friends. :( ))

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
((I pass my turn because I can't think of anything else Moonsprout would do in the situation. I'm guessing he didn't hear the icesplosion, so let's just go with he flopped back on the bed and is still shattered))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((I pass my turn because I can't think of anything else Moonsprout would do in the situation. I'm guessing he didn't hear the icesplosion, so let's just go with he flopped back on the bed and is still shattered))
((Oh I missed that question. Yeah I'm sure he'd have heard the explosion, especially if he was hanging out the porthole yelling after the Harpy. Probably happened right above his head.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom