Campaign Stormwreck Isle; Curse of Compass Rose (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 3 - Curse of the Compass Rose
View attachment 357_Promontory.mp3

title.png

MAP:

THE STORY SO FAR:

THE QUEST:
  • The party seeks the wreck of the Compass Rose, a ship that went down decades ago and may be linked to the undead incursion.

THE LOCATION:

THE PARTY:
aimsorreh.png1000004899.jpg
moonsprout.png1000004901.jpg
short.png1000004905.jpg
nac.png1000004903.jpg
zesty.png1000004907.jpg

ITEM GLOSSARY:
ImageNameValue (per) copper.pngsilver.pnggold.pngWeight (per)Description
file-pVmgHgYEB9YKYx2GtAASY75F.png
Wind Spore Mushrooms
30 gold.png0.06 lbsA rare fungus with a unique magical property. When a creature squeezes a wind spore mushroom's cap, it releases a small cloud of spores. For 1 hour, the creature doesn't need to breathe, as the spores provide it with oxygen.
file-moYw6GogFv7wpuA90IyNwKTo.png
Obsidian Chunk
10 gold.png1 lbAn uncut opaque black gemstone.
file-D8FV3REG53vwt44CZPF5gFDU.png
Heart Cap Mushrooms
30 gold.png0.2 lbsThese mushrooms bear an unsettling resemblance to human hearts.
file-qdHIQqxCkWhZME6ymOpQj50s.png
Potion of Healing
50 gold.png0.5 lbsThis potion's red liquid glimmers when agitated. You regain 2d4+2 hit points when you drink this potion.
file-Wvp782vE4qJWR2QTy1tcpOXR.pngA Fine Lute
file-qUiTfpHVb3SLLXv10Ep2Xyya.pngBoots of ElvenkindWhile you wear these boots, your steps make no sound, regardless of the surface you are moving across. You also have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks that rely on moving silently.
file-EF5LK9mU1tyc9CrzMQNFhGQq.pngSpell Scroll of Command

THE STORY CONTINUES:
Having departed from Dragon's Rest for the second time, your band of adventurers slowly make their way down the mountain paths towards the shore where you first landed. The journey is uneventful and peaceful, a welcome contrast to the carnage the party has faced since arriving on the island. Songbirds flutter across the path ahead of you as they dart back and forth between bushes, hunting the insects they harbor. Your walk down to the water does not take more than a half hour however, so the ramble through nature is fleeting.

Returning to the beach where you had fought the zombies, the party find the scene just as you left it. The battered corpses of the drowned sailors lay immobile where they were slain, the putrid grey flesh not appealing to any scavengers and having been left untouched. Your group moves cautiously past the bodies, one by one each battling the anxiety that the monsters will spring up again and attack.

The five of you convene on the short wooden dock. There is an old fishing net dangling over the edge and trailing in the water, where it appears to be tangled within a clump of seaweed. Several short lengths of aging rope are knotted here and there around the thick posts, some having been cut free in haste rather than untied. A rowboat not dissimilar to the one you arrived in is tethered to the dock, and you see a pair of oars laying across the seats. The boat appears big enough for 4 medium sized passengers.

North of your position, you can see a long spur of sharp rocks jutting from the ocean waves, extending several miles out.​

INITIATIVE:
https://improvedinitiative.app/p/e88bk48y

Last edited:
  • Seen
Reactions: TD
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

dm-png.12024

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
|You have all completed a long rest.

It is the morning of 1491-Kythorn-17.

View attachment 357_Promontory.mp3
|

((I'll have a couple hour drive to get my son for the weekend coming up in a little bit, but I'll see what I can get done before I leave. If nothing else I'll probably be back at it around 9-10.))

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
((I'm going to assume Runara is in the kitchen. If she's not, please assume I went to wherever she is lol))

As the morning sun creeps into the adventurers' assigned cave, Zesty, ever the early riser again begins to think of new inventive ideas. The morning, being his most productive time, and knowing he has plans for the recorder and dart thrower, begins to think how he can modify his goggles. This integral part of his attire may benefit from some level of enhancement.

Zesty tries to think of an expansion to his goggles.

After tinkering in his mind, Zesty gathers his belonging and Ur'kokk and heads up the hill to the kitchen where the kitchen is located. Inside, a few people are mulling about, but the presence of Runara is the more important to Zesty. He greets the old woman.

Good morning, kind, Runara. I hope I am not bothering you this morning. We got back late last night from the wreck of the Compass Rose. We have discovered the sad tale and the origins of the undead influx.

He pulls out the talisman and book and opens the book to the relevant page for Runara.

It seems that in her dying breaths, Aleitha prayed to Orcus, the Prince of Undeath and he granted her wish of reuniting with her husband in the most unfortunate of ways. While turning her undead, the presence of the Prince attracted more undead and ghouls. There were also a pair of harpies, luring ships to their doom and using the old crow's nest of the compass as a home, thus creating additional undead.

We were able to eliminate the harpies and the undead on the ship, as well as a few on other islands. But I believe this talisman must be returned to her husband, Brastos, who is said to be here by the book. Do you know him? I'm eager to return this to him.

((@Ben - for the goggles, I'll defer to you if there is something specific you think would be a nice addition to them. Aim enhancer, binoculars, enemy health bar :)link) ))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((I'm going to assume Runara is in the kitchen. If she's not, please assume I went to wherever she is lol))

As the morning sun creeps into the adventurers' assigned cave, Zesty, ever the early riser again begins to think of new inventive ideas. The morning, being his most productive time, and knowing he has plans for the recorder and dart thrower, begins to think how he can modify his goggles. This integral part of his attire may benefit from some level of enhancement.

Zesty tries to think of an expansion to his goggles.

After tinkering in his mind, Zesty gathers his belonging and Ur'kokk and heads up the hill to the kitchen where the kitchen is located. Inside, a few people are mulling about, but the presence of Runara is the more important to Zesty. He greets the old woman.

Good morning, kind, Runara. I hope I am not bothering you this morning. We got back late last night from the wreck of the Compass Rose. We have discovered the sad tale and the origins of the undead influx.

He pulls out the talisman and book and opens the book to the relevant page for Runara.

It seems that in her dying breaths, Aleitha prayed to Orcus, the Prince of Undeath and he granted her wish of reuniting with her husband in the most unfortunate of ways. While turning her undead, the presence of the Prince attracted more undead and ghouls. There were also a pair of harpies, luring ships to their doom and using the old crow's nest of the compass as a home, thus creating additional undead.

We were able to eliminate the harpies and the undead on the ship, as well as a few on other islands. But I believe this talisman must be returned to her husband, Brastos, who is said to be here by the book. Do you know him? I'm eager to return this to him.

((@Ben - for the goggles, I'll defer to you if there is something specific you think would be a nice addition to them. Aim enhancer, binoculars, enemy health bar :)link) ))

dm-png.12024

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
|1711746500900.png

You find Runara in the Temple of Bahamut. |

file-bYTePhEbDyLrmMoxzawiyueY.png
Elder Runara
(Ben)
|"Ah, welcome back, young one. I'm glad to see you're safe. I trust your friends are all... relatively unharmed, as well?" Runara smiles wryly at you.

She listens to your recounting of the events.

"Orcus you say? If Brastos' wife truly did bring an unwitting curse upon Compass Rose during its final moments, your deduction makes absolute sense. In which case, I truly appreciate your act of service to Dragon's Rest. Your unlikely group has done a great deal for us, and Faerûn. I also appreciate your removing a foul mark upon that wise dragon's resting place."

Her expression falls slightly as she considers what you actually stated. She eyes the talisman in your hands suspiciously.

"Brastos... He indeed travelled here, perhaps half a century ago, looking to find peace. He'd sent word for his wife Aleitha to join him, but she never made it. I don't believe he ever knew it was the Compass she was traveling on. He was heartbroken and never truly got over her loss. He seemed haunted by it."

Runara turns her face to the North and nods sadly, "Yes. I remember him well, but Brastos died many years ago. We laid him to rest in a grave atop the cliffs at the Northern point of the island, Northwest of Dragon's Rest, where he used to sit waiting for his wife to come ashore."|

Zesty Zapcrackle

((Just as an FYI, Ur'kokk is with me. Also, am I skilling the chance at an invention? Assuming I can make the trek without any real issues except passage of time. If there is something I need to do on the way, please let me know, otherwise I'm aware a couple hours will pass during this process.))

How sad, Zesty affirms. Their love truly did transcend, even if she unwittingly lay a curse upon this talisman before she went. I shall not keep you. I think it best if I head over to the grave and return the talisman to Brastos. I bid you adieu and will find you later. Should you see others of my party, please let them know where I headed.

He stands, adds the book to his backpack and the talisman he places into his pocket, nods at Runara and walks out and towards the gravesite.

A largely uneventful trek up the mountainside brings Zesty and Ur'kokk to the Northern point Runara had mentioned. Upon arriving at the gravesite for Brastos, Zesty retrieves the talisman from his pocket and takes a knee at the site. He brushes some surface dirt away and lightly buries the talisman at the foots of the tombstone and returns to his feet.

May the return of this talisman finally bring you and Aleitha piece in your afterlife. Know she loved you, even if Orcus laid a curse upon her in the end.

With that, Zesty begins his trek back down the path to Dragon's Rest.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Just as an FYI, Ur'kokk is with me. Also, am I skilling the chance at an invention? Assuming I can make the trek without any real issues except passage of time. If there is something I need to do on the way, please let me know, otherwise I'm aware a couple hours will pass during this process.))

How sad, Zesty affirms. Their love truly did transcend, even if she unwittingly lay a curse upon this talisman before she went. I shall not keep you. I think it best if I head over to the grave and return the talisman to Brastos. I bid you adieu and will find you later. Should you see others of my party, please let them know where I headed.

He stands, adds the book to his backpack and the talisman he places into his pocket, nods at Runara and walks out and towards the gravesite.

A largely uneventful trek up the mountainside brings Zesty and Ur'kokk to the Northern point Runara had mentioned. Upon arriving at the gravesite for Brastos, Zesty retrieves the talisman from his pocket and takes a knee at the site. He brushes some surface dirt away and lightly buries the talisman at the foots of the tombstone and returns to his feet.

May the return of this talisman finally bring you and Aleitha piece in your afterlife. Know she loved you, even if Orcus laid a curse upon her in the end.

With that, Zesty begins his trek back down the path to Dragon's Rest.

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
| Runara leads you to a small path curling up to the hillside above the temple. The slope is gradual and you note some colorful songbirds along your way.

The graves in the little clifftop cemetery are covered in white wildflowers and marked with simple wooden posts.

As you bury the talisman in the soil over Brastos' grave, the wind seems to sigh in relief. In the distance across the ocean waves, you see a thick fog form around the rocks to the North, where the wreck of Compass Rose rests.

file-ZfjRU0oMCQXLCdcOycBDx9aV.png

As you walk back down the hillside to Dragon's Rest, the clouds shift and beams of sunlight warm your path. The songbirds return and follow you, darting from bush to bush.

Your return to the temple brings you a smile from Runara, as thought she felt some release of tension from the island. |

runara.png
Elder Runara
(Ben)
| "Thank you for helping Brastos' spirit find peace, Mr. Zapcrackle. If you would like, please gather your companions and meet me here in the temple. There's something I'd like to show you." |

Zesty Zapcrackle

Without haste, ma'am. And please, call me Zesty.

C'mon Kokky, let's get the others.

A small nod and smile after and Zesty heads down to the last place he saw everyone: at their room. He steps in to see the others stirring. The long battles not long ago, leaving both physical and emotional marks on the team.

Everyone, while you were resting I met with Runara and explained what we found in the talisman. She explained Brastos passed some time ago. I visited his resting place and buried the talisman. She would like to meet with us all in the temple. So, up and at 'em. We shouldn't leave our hostess waiting. I'll wait for you there.

With that, Zesty makes off to the temple with Ur'kokk perched upon his shoulder, occasionally stretching his wings.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

aimsorreh-png.12019

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd
@Jawneh
| As you begin to walk through the plaza towards the temple, your attention is drawn to a leather harness that by chance has been set aside next to the beautiful dragon statue. It appears sized for a horse but some momentary bolt of genius strikes through your smooth brain.

You call to Tarak who you see standing across the way speaking with Agga.

"MORNING TARAK! ANYONE USING THIS?" you bellow, holding the saddle up and grinning a tusky grin. |

tarak.png
Tarak
(Ben)
| "What? Oh. You folks. Good morning. Uhhh, no, I do not believe so. Myla had designs on using it for parts, but if you have a use for it I'm sure she'll not begrudge you." |

aimsorreh-png.12019

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd
@Jawneh
| "Excellent."

You fiddle with the straps for a moment, undoing some buckles and connecting them to unintended spots. When you finally grunt with finality, happy with your work, you turn to Moonsprout.

"Come here, Bard."

file-LVnezJxtbEHmlCxy9bTYz2rS.png

You are now carrying Moonsprout. |

moonsprout-png.12020

Moonsprout Beandirt
@Smacktard
| "Wheeeee!" |

dm-png.12024

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
| You all make your way up to the temple to answer Runara's summons. |

file-bYTePhEbDyLrmMoxzawiyueY.png
Elder Runara
(Ben)
| The elderly priestess turns and smiles warmly as you all arrive. Her kind eyes fall upon each of you, as if weighing your accomplishments to this point.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly." she begins. "You've done much to aid us here at Dragon's Rest since your fortunate arrival, and I cannot thank you enough for helping those trying to find peace. You've proven yourselves to be benevolent, even if perhaps little misguided."

Her gaze lingers on both Aims and Short for a moment.

"But I now trust you are prepared for the larger challenge ahead."

Runara takes a few steps further backwards away from you, widening the distance.

"As I said, there was something I wanted to show you."

Lightning starts to crackle around Runara's figure, quickly outlining her in a brilliant white/blue glow.

file-baXSwzFCvRLWV8OpYRJsUwrK.png

There is a silent flash of lightning, and you're temporarily blinded by the burst of light inside of the temple.

white.png

You blink to refocus your eyes.

When your vision returns, the human woman is gone. Your gaze tracks up from where Runara had been standing, up higher, until you meet eyes with the Adult Bronze Dragon in her place. The regal creature's scales glisten like warm honey in the morning sunshine.

file-5NH0LX6yrrnKShvoWUHfO8mF.png

The dragon's tail crackles with electricity and it coils around the grand reptile's legs. It sits back on its haunches and, in a sense, smiles.

"Do not be alarmed. You now see me in my true form. I did say there was more to this island than first appears."

"As you have discovered, this island has many old wounds. And I'm afraid the cycle of violence is starting again. I have one more favor to ask you."

Runara recaps some of what she'd already told you.

"In the first days of creation, two families of dragons came into being. Bahamut, the noble Platinum Dragon, made metallic dragons - gold, silver, bronze, brass and copper. Cruel, five-headed Tiamat made the chromatic dragons - red, blue, green, black and white. The metallic and chromatic dragons to this day share a mutual animosity that originates in the enmity between Bahamut and Tiamat.

The origin of this very island stems from that eternal conflict. Ages ago, a fire-breathing red dragon named Sharruth rampaged up and down the Sword Coast. Three metallic dragons joined forces to battle Sharruth and imprisoned her beneath the ocean floor, believing seawater would quench her fire and keep her bound forever. But Sharruth's fury, legend says, caused the undersea volcanic activity that formed Stormwreck Isle.

In all likelihood, Sharruth is long dead and entombed beneath the island, but chromatic dragons whisper that she still lives and will one day emerge from her prison. One fact is undeniable, the powerful magic embodied in such an ancient dragon left a permanent mark on this land."

The bronze dragon turns to look out over the ocean for a moment, her eyes narrowing as memories come to the fore.

"That magic has drawn other dragons to the island throughout the centuries, making it a recurring battlefield in the conflict between chromatic and metallic dragons. Several of these dragons have died here, leaving behind a spiritual scar that causes unpredictable magical effects. The sites that you visited to aid our residents were but a few of the sites where such dragons fell in battle.

A hundred years ago... A blue dragon tried to harness this destructive magic. I pleaded with him to abandon his schemes, but he refused. In the end, I had to end their cruelty. I added one more dragon grave to this island.

I've grown weary of strife, and the wounds of this island are a constant reminder of the cost of such conflict. I established the cloister here at Dragon's Rest as a safe haven from violence."

She pauses for a moment, taking in your slack-jawed expressions following her transformation. Runara clears her throat gently, which comes with a small crackle of static sparks.

"A few months ago, a bronze wyrmling named Aidron came to the island and studied with me here at the temple. Five days ago, we argued about the importance of peace above all else, and he angrily stormed away.

I now fear he went to the ancient observatory on the South East side of the island, which is another dragon's final resting place. I suspect some evil has arisen there, but I dare not go there myself, lest my presence reopen old wounds..."

The dragon reaches a large clawed hand towards her chest, and retrieves a small object from between two scales. She reaches down and carefully hands it to Zesty. It's a 3-inch long, 1-inch wide hexagonal prism made from moonstone, with a dragon's head engraved on one end.

"You'll need this key to access the observatory. Do keep it safe."

With that, the dragon settles and awaits you response to her request. |

((Words. 💀 ))

Zesty Zapcrackle

You are now carrying Moonsprout. |
((This was absolutely amazing and I don't think I've smiled that hard in a long time. Brilliant.

Also... did NOT see that coming with Runara. Damn!))

Zesty, holding the prism, but standing moth still agape in the presence of a real, live bronze dragon, catches a quick glimpse over at Aims'. In his mind, Zesty is praying Aims' doesn't try to kill Runara as he's been itching for a dragon fight for a while now. Zesty quickly shakes his head to snap back to reality, gently placing the prism in his backpack. He turns his attention back to the bronze dragon.

I came to this isle looking for adventure, who am I to turn down an adventure of a lifetime, especially when the request comes from a true metallic dragon. I am happy to take on this adventure for you. Hopefully, Aidron is safe.

He now turns to the rest of his team to see their willingness to join. Moonsprout almost appears asleep.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Oh yeah, y'all level up.

Level Up Presentations GIF by SOAP Apresentações

Oh, yeah x2...))

1711772223910.png
Elder Runara
(Ben)
| "Oh... Kind Monk. Do tell, have you much knowledge of Bahamut?" Runara's eyes move the status in the center of the temple, showing a kindly old man surrounded by songbirds. "It is said, when he walked this material plane, he posed in the guise of a young monk. Legend say it was Bahamut himself who founded the first monastery of the Way of the Ascendant Dragon."

She tilts her head to the side slightly, considering your beard.

"It is said, by emulating dragons, a monk becomes a more integrated part of the world and it's magic. Tell me, glowing soul, does your spirit resonate with draconic might?" |

((@Nae'blis The book I purchased last night looking for dragon info happened to contain a new Monk subclass, so... If you want to ENTER THE DRAGON... I can do that for you.))

((This was absolutely amazing and I don't think I've smiled that hard in a long time. Brilliant.

Also... did NOT see that coming with Runara. Damn!))

Zesty, holding the prism, but standing moth still agape in the presence of a real, live bronze dragon, catches a quick glimpse over at Aims'. In his mind, Zesty is praying Aims' doesn't try to kill Runara as he's been itching for a dragon fight for a while now. Zesty quickly shakes his head to snap back to reality, gently placing the prism in his backpack. He turns his attention back to the bronze dragon.

I came to this isle looking for adventure, who am I to turn down an adventure of a lifetime, especially when the request comes from a true metallic dragon. I am happy to take on this adventure for you. Hopefully, Aidron is safe.

He now turns to the rest of his team to see their willingness to join. Moonsprout almost appears asleep.
((
Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky
))

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
| On closer inspection, you notice Moonsprout has found a mushroom and is peacefully sucking on the stalk like a pacifier. |

((I'm going to let you guys increase your own level and all that. If you need any help working anything out let me know, but DDB should guide you through all the options well enough!))

• Cheers!
Reactions: Jon

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
As happy and excited Aims was running all the way up the enclave, jumping up and down to try to make Moonsprout barf from motion sickness, he wasn't prepared for what he saw.

A real life living breathing DRAGON! Right there in front of him!

Unwillingly, he's clutching his ax and shivering from excitement as his eyes glimmer and a wide grin slowly grows on his face. For years since he was a poor little orc barely old enough to chop wood, he had dreamed of chopping dragon heads instead. And now...

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
As happy and excited Aims was running all the way up the enclave, jumping up and down to try to make Moonsprout barf from motion sickness, he wasn't prepared for what he saw.

A real life living breathing DRAGON! Right there in front of him!

Unwillingly, he's clutching his ax and shivering from excitement as his eyes glimmer and a wide grin slowly grows on his face. For years since he was a poor little orc barely old enough to chop wood, he had dreamed of chopping dragon heads instead. And now...

1711778298084.png
Elder Runara
(Ben)
|Runara suddenly leans forward, noticing your hand on your weapon. Hot orange lightning crackles in her eyes.

runaramad.png

"Do not think yourself so mighty, Aims'Orreh. I abhor violence, but if eating sentient creatures is considered acceptable now I may make an exception..."

You hear the faint rumble of thunder. |

(( :rolleyes: ))

• Haha

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
The roar and thunder snap Aims out from his battle craze. Taking another look up, he can see that maybe taking on a dragon at his lowly strength and level isn't necessary a good idea. And also as one who had recently eaten one of his foes basically whole, and suffered the consequences soon after, Aims wasn't one to inflict that on miss Runara as well.

I uhhh... eheheh. I mustve gotten a little carried away miss Runara. It just has been a long lasting dream of mine to meet a dragon and uhh...

He sheepishly hides his ax behind his back.

You know... orc things. Hehe...

• Badger

Nac McWeeble

Incense & Iron
Nac, seeing the kind lady turn into a majestic dragon, immediately takes a knee and bows his head in reverence.

I'm sorry, lady Runara, but a dragon's spirit I do not possess. Such a noble creature as yeself I cannae hope ta emulate.

He raises his head and grins self depretecatingly.

I have vices that do not match the majestic nature of dragons, I'm afraid.. But as to your request as to help yer young wyrmling student tha' is somtin' I can do.

Nac rises to his feet and bows towards Runara.

• Respect

Zesty Zapcrackle

((Sorry, I think we were just waiting on my dumb ass to choose a subclass. I should be good now. Couple questions in the tavern, but I should be set to go now {with Boltzmann in tow :link }. Gotta meet with Myla.

@Ben - is there a vendor somewhere in Dragon's Rest? Did we discuss that many moons ago? Just wanna see if someone has a sword to buy. Maybe a shield, lol.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Sorry, I think we were just waiting on my dumb ass to choose a subclass. I should be good now. Couple questions in the tavern, but I should be set to go now {with Boltzmann in tow :link }. Gotta meet with Myla.

@Ben - is there a vendor somewhere in Dragon's Rest? Did we discuss that many moons ago? Just wanna see if someone has a sword to buy. Maybe a shield, lol.))
((Not your fault, it's mostly waiting on me to get my ass around to making a new thread for the next chapter and putting enough of the stuff together to get you moving in the right direction.

If anything, Myla is going to be the one who has things kicking around that she might sell/trade. You can certainly go talk to her before you leave Dragon's Rest.

Oh, and @Jon roll me an Arcana check for the google idea.))

• Respect
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((**Searches Google for answers to the goggles**))

dm-png.12024

Dungeon Master
(Ben)
| Goggles of Echoic Vision

file-lr4ocL7nnDCobpaTIKQA31hX.png

Of devils named in infernal codex, Daer are said to have incredibly sensitive hearing, even reaching across planes of existence to hear the sins of mortals. These goggles, modeled after these Daer devils, are acutely attuned to even the faintest of soundwaves and are designed to convert the detected vibrations into visual displays. By tuning the goggles to the correct frequency for the environment, they provide the ability to 'see' even in magical darkness, but only if there is any sound being produced somewhere within 30 feet of you. While there is not complete silence in the area, you will see a static background image of the area in a shade of neon green. When noise is specifically being produced within your field of view, it will show a pulsing aura around the source of the sound. This effect will work up to 10 feet through walls, but not through more than 1 foot of stone.

These grant the tremorsense effect up to 30 ft, while any sound is being produced in the area. |

• Drool

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
Aims slowly backs away from the large Runaragon just in case he accidentally really pisses her off. Time to make an exit and maybe do something productive.

I uhhh... am needed elsewhere. So me and the bagling will be heading.... That way!

And "that way" is straight towards the mess hall, since a half-orc doesn't operate at peak orc without food in his stomach. Just the thought of meeting Tarak there cooking up breakfast is making him salivate. He has actually thought of asking Tarak some tidbits about how to season meats in case he has some ideas. And maybe he can part with some of those.

Zesty Zapcrackle

((@Ben - Do you want us to wait for a new thread to start the next segment, or shall we continue here? I definitely want to visit Myla to see what she may have available for me, but don't want to start it here if you'd rather us kick the next Dragon's Rest segment off in a new thread.))

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((@Ben - Do you want us to wait for a new thread to start the next segment, or shall we continue here? I definitely want to visit Myla to see what she may have available for me, but don't want to start it here if you'd rather us kick the next Dragon's Rest segment off in a new thread.))
((Uhhhhhhh... I might not have the new thread up until tomorrow sometime. I need to blitz out some maps and stuff first, and I spent most of the day cleaning like an adult (weird).

So you can go ahead and visit Myla now I guess. Might as well wrap up any town stuff here then start heading out in the new thread.))

• Respect

Zesty Zapcrackle

With the adventure accepted and the search for Aidron to shortly commence, Zesty decides to once again bid Runara adieu and begins his search for Myla before breakfast. Having built his new wolf Steel Guardian, Boltzmann, and having yet another idea for his Dardevil Cowl Echoic Visions goggles to go along with his other ideas for a dart throwing wrist guard and communication device {((I really need to bookmark the other invention ideas to call back to them easy...))}, Zesty is eager to tinker with new ideas.

Heading out from the temple, Zesty head back down the hill to the fourth cave, where Myla's workshop is. He gently knocks on the rock outside the door and calls in, Boltzmann in tow.

Myla, are you in? I was wondering if we may speak.

Zesty Zapcrackle

Zesty steps into the kobold's workshop to see her tinkering away, excited to share news of her invention's resounding success and curious if she has critical tools for the artificer to begin creating.

I do, this is Boltzmann, he's a Guardian. I do hope I am not bothering you, but I had some news I wanted to share, as well as a question I wanted to ask.

First, I wanted to let you know, your bolus attachment you created last I was here and you gifted me? It worked! It was a critical success to multiple battles the group had to fight, and certainly saved my life against a pair of zombies. I wanted to personally thank you for it. It's clear evidence of the amazing inventor you are!

Second, while on my journey, I had been coming up with several ideas for tools that could aid me and my friends. However, I had realized I did not have the necessary tools to tinker with creating them. I wondered if maybe you had a spare set of tinker's tools laying around that maybe I could purchase from you? I'm also in the market for a new sword should you have something like that laying around for sale as well.

Eagerly awaiting the responses, Zesty mindlessly pets Boltzmann's head as the mechanical wolf sits attentive at his creator's feet.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Zesty steps into the kobold's workshop to see her tinkering away, excited to share news of her invention's resounding success and curious if she has critical tools for the artificer to begin creating.

I do, this is Boltzmann, he's a Guardian. I do hope I am not bothering you, but I had some news I wanted to share, as well as a question I wanted to ask.

First, I wanted to let you know, your bolus attachment you created last I was here and you gifted me? It worked! It was a critical success to multiple battles the group had to fight, and certainly saved my life against a pair of zombies. I wanted to personally thank you for it. It's clear evidence of the amazing inventor you are!

Second, while on my journey, I had been coming up with several ideas for tools that could aid me and my friends. However, I had realized I did not have the necessary tools to tinker with creating them. I wondered if maybe you had a spare set of tinker's tools laying around that maybe I could purchase from you? I'm also in the market for a new sword should you have something like that laying around for sale as well.

Eagerly awaiting the responses, Zesty mindlessly pets Boltzmann's head as the mechanical wolf sits attentive at his creator's feet.

1711866908507.png
Myla
(Ben)
| "Ha! After you help finish last invention, me work on lot more! Myla got much inventory, big wares. Some tools too!"

file-8GwdkSvwOZ8X4nbCNObwe9hb.png
CategoryItemDescriptionCost 1711868271043.pngQuantity
WeaponsShortswordA reliable weapon crafted with care, suitable for close combat. Perfect for adventurers of all types.401
Light Crossbow + 20 boltsA compact crossbow that is easy to handle, comes with a set of 20 bolts. Ideal for ranged attacks.501
Utility ItemsThieves' ToolsA set of lockpicks, small mirrors, and other implements perfect for adventurers looking to stealthily bypass obstacles.802
Tinker's ToolkitA set of tools essential for creating small mechanical devices and tinkering with existing gadgets.1201
Healing Potion (2d4+2)A must-have for any adventurer, this potion heals wounds in moments.1003
Torch (Bundle of 10)Essential for exploring dark places. Burns for 1 hour each.25
MapA hand-drawn map of the local area.1501
Myla's InventionsEverclean ClothA magically enchanted cloth that cleans anything it touches. Perfect for adventurers on the go.401
Pocket BoomstickA small, concealable device that creates a loud noise when activated. Can be used to distract enemies or signal allies.602
Guiding Light Crosshair AttachmentA small, mechanical device that attaches to the top of any ranged weapon. It projects a tiny, magical red point of light onto the target, granting the user advantage on their next attack roll as long as the target is within range and in direct line of sight. The device requires winding as an action after 10 uses.2001
Mechanical MessengerA small, clockwork creature capable of delivering messages to a predetermined location within 5 miles, then returning.1201
Goggles of Minute SeeingWhen worn, these goggles increase the wearer's attention to detail, granting advantage on Investigation checks related to small or fine details.1501
Non-Artificer ItemsAdventurer's PackIncludes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.403
Leather ArmorOffers a decent level of protection without sacrificing mobility.202
Special MerchandiseMystery Tinker's BoxA sealed box containing a random tinkerer's gadget crafted by Myla. Its contents are unknown until opened.2001
|

Last edited:

Zesty Zapcrackle

((I see you Guiding Light Crosshair Attachment! :umm))

This is wonderful! I’m so glad to hear you’ve continued building. Your wares are fantastic! Tell me, would you accept gemstones in trade? I have a couple I wouldn’t mind you telling me their worth to you.

Zesty shows Myla a garnet and a pearl in hopes she would accept these as part of a barter for some items.

Moonsprout Beandirt

Connoisseur of fine video games
While Aims and Moonsprout are enjoying dinner in the dining hall, Moonsprout suddenly recalls an old song one of his old friends taught him. With just a pinch of sand, and the magical words "Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream (bum bum bum BUM)", any creature targetted would instantly fall into a light sleep. Moonsprout reaches out for a bottle on the table and deftly pockets it, thinking to fill it up with sand at a later date.

Moonsprout also wonders whether Tarak, too, is a dragon.
Would explain why he's just not that into me , Moonsprout reasons.

• Hide the Pain
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((I see you Guiding Light Crosshair Attachment! :umm))

This is wonderful! I’m so glad to hear you’ve continued building. Your wares are fantastic! Tell me, would you accept gemstones in trade? I have a couple I wouldn’t mind you telling me their worth to you.

Zesty shows Myla a garnet and a pearl in hopes she would accept these as part of a barter for some items.

1711911713170.png
Myla
(Ben)
| "Shinies? Sure. Shinies can always hold some sort'a enchantment! Those shinies worth about 200 gold!" |

Zesty Zapcrackle

((Just want to clarify it's 200 for one garnet and one pearl? Either way, we'll make the numbers work out. I don't know how cash back works here :link ))

While I would buy everything I could from you, for now I would like to purchase a Tinker's Toolkit and a Shortsword. Will the gems be enough?

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
((Just want to clarify it's 200 for one garnet and one pearl? Either way, we'll make the numbers work out. I don't know how cash back works here :link ))

While I would buy everything I could from you, for now I would like to purchase a Tinker's Toolkit and a Shortsword. Will the gems be enough?

1711936086908.png
Myla
(Ben)
| "200 both gems!" she grins and bounces up and down a little on her stool.

Myla hops across the workbench and starts digging in a crate. She comes back with a well oiled short sword with a red leather hilt. Her tail slides through the straps of a toolkit up on a shelf, and she brings both back to your side of the workbench.

"Here, Mister." she drops the short sword and Tinker's toolkit in front of you and turns around again to start digging in a leather pouch that jingles. She stops and looks back over at you.

"Me got 40 gold if you want change, Mister. Unless... Unless you want map Myla have at discount? Stupid brothers drew it and me kind of want it gone. 40 gold and it yours." |

Zesty Zapcrackle

I will gladly take the map, Myla! And thank you so very much! I will have to visit you again when I make more gold. You're inventions are top notch!

Zesty accepts the map, shortsword and tinker's tools from Myla and hands over the garnet and pearl as payment. The pearl being relinquished once having been the heart of Ur'kokk, now in the possession of Myla, whom Zesty hopes turns into another wonderful invention in his memory.

With that, I bid your leave and shall go get some breakfast before we head out again. Thank you, Myla, be well!

Zesty leaves, Boltzmann hopping along behind him as he heads to the kitchen for some breakfast and rations restock befoe the team heads out in search of Aidron.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

zesty-png.12023

Zesty Zapcrackle
@Jon
|You look at the map that you got from Myla.

It's of Stormwreck Isle, and has 3 lines drawn leading towards the South Eastern side of of the island. One hugs the coastline tightly, one follows the coast loosely, skipping across the bays, and a third line crosses over the mountains South of Dragon's Rest.

Serendipitously, this appears to be a map leading to the Clifftop Observatory that Runara mentioned.

mylasmap.png|

Zesty Zapcrackle

As Zesty observes the map, he wonders if this map indicates that Myla's brothers may be located at the observatory; or at least answers to their whereabouts. Myla may have given up on them, but Zesty has felt a sibling-like bond to his fellow artificer and would love nothing more to be able to answer this question of her brothers' whereabouts for her. Unanswered questions.... they eat away at the tiefling. Instinctively, his hand reaches into his backpack, lightly brushing the letter from an old colleague that he's carried for as long as he can remember. The question within, still as yet unanswered.

Snapping back to reality, Zesty has subconsciously arrived at the kitchen, his friends scattered about the area. He attempts to summon them altogether.

So, I visited with Myla this morning to make a few purchases. I was going to ignore this map at first, but she offered it to me at a discount for the remaining change she would have owed. It is fortuitously a cartography map of the surrounding area. But most importantly, of the Observatory Runara has asked us to investigate.

Zesty gently unfurls the map for his team at the table.

There seem to be three paths to the Observatory. One leading around the coast, here marked in yellow. One leading across the bay, marked here, in orange. And one cutting directly across the mountains from Dragon's Rest, marked here in red.

It seems as if the most direct, and likely dangerous path is the red one. The longest, and likely safest being the yellow going around the coast. Perhaps the best of both worlds, and my personal preference, though I do not object to any, being the trek here in orange across the bay.

Once we decide the path we would like to take, we can probably depart for the Observatory. We should ensured we'd geared up and ready to go.

Reactions: Ben
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom