Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Ben the GOAT of images

Even if we don’t end up playing a campaign, I’m having fun with Ben’s images

the last man on earth GIF by Fox TV
1684235532730.gif

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
hey where will my character live and what is ethnic breakdown.

can i be tri lingual and i promise to make the third language something much sillier?
1. You tell me where they live and if it's on the Sword Coast I could probably give you an ethnic breakdown

2. I'm sure abyssal probably sounds pretty silly coming from a mortal creature

Ben Zine

Senor ember
hopefully totally sensible (For the most part), believable, normal usually... and still the same way when talking about morse code, except everyone's perception of me drastically changes.

my character will have a small side interest in ruling

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Would I be correct to assume the reason I'm getting an error is because this is gone because you started the real one?
Yep. I already had a bunch of maps and encounters set up from testing that Dummy Campaign, so I just reset the invite link and am using that one for my game.

I could always put up another dummy one, if you're wanting to splooge out another Tortle.

• Hmm
Reactions: TD

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Yep. I already had a bunch of maps and encounters set up from testing that Dummy Campaign, so I just reset the invite link and am using that one for my game.

I could always put up another dummy one, if you're wanting to splooge out another Tortle.
I'm making a backup to have ready because now I'm paranoid of catastrophe and gazebos.

But yes, I'm trying for another Tortle, if you could that's great but no rush.

Cupid.

Does anyone have any links to info on creating a character? I used the dnd beyond app to create a character but I have far too many questions about races, subraces, what skills to use, etc. I tried googling what I needed but a lot of stuff said to ask the DM if such and such would be needed.

Does anyone have any links to info on creating a character? I used the dnd beyond app to create a character but I have far too many questions about races, subraces, what skills to use, etc. I tried googling what I needed but a lot of stuff said to ask the DM if such and such would be needed.

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
That thread that kut linked has a lot of information in it. I'd say get a ballpark idea of what you want your character to be/do and see what D&D Beyond will give you using their character builder, as they have a few options that do most of the work for you. Anything you really aren't sure about, you can tag myself or @VashTheStampede and we'd be happy to help give you some guidance.

So I am having too much fun adding details to my spells to fit my character.

1000001242.jpg
Some of the notes are just how I want the spell to look for my character, but this one was my favorite.

I think my spirtual weapon I get at level 2 will look like a giant rolling pin unless I can think of something better.

Nootie Plucker

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
So I am having too much fun adding details to my spells to fit my character.

Some of the notes are just how I want the spell to look for my character, but this one was my favorite.

I think my spirtual weapon I get at level 2 will look like a giant rolling pin unless I can think of something better.
Oh wow I didn't even know you could do this stuff on there. Looks like you can even change the names of spells to really confuse the fuck out of your DM 😏

Question for anyone more knowledgeable than myself (@VashTheStampede @Christina @Ben @GwJumpman @The Flame )

When I created my backup character, he was originally paladin/sorcerer. It put a chain mail in the inventory, but I removed it when I dropped the paladin part. I thought simple padded armor would be more appropriate. Once I equipped the padded armor, I was seeing notes on my character that he was not not proficient or something enough for it and I would be at a disadvantage for a number of types of rolls. That went away once I unequipped it.

What type of armor should I have for my Dragonborn sorcerer and how to stop being at a disadvantage?

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Question for anyone more knowledgeable than myself (@VashTheStampede @Christina @Ben @GwJumpman @The Flame )

When I created my backup character, he was originally paladin/sorcerer. It put a chain mail in the inventory, but I removed it when I dropped the paladin part. I thought simple padded armor would be more appropriate. Once I equipped the padded armor, I was seeing notes on my character that he was not not proficient or something enough for it and I would be at a disadvantage for a number of types of rolls. That went away once I unequipped it.

What type of armor should I have for my Dragonborn sorcerer and how to stop being at a disadvantage?
Fairly sure padded armor is still light armor. Casters can't generally wear any armor at all. If your armor proficiency is 'none' you're not able to wear even basic armor.

Nootie Plucker

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
Yeah if we're talking about Kreskent, it doesn't look like you have any armor proficiencies. Glad you mentioned that though, because I've literally never looked into the different types of armor in D&D until now. I'm gonna have to find me some studded leather for that sweet sweet extra point of AC.

I'm not super knowledgeable on armor, but I'd assume a cloak would just be considered the same as any normal clothing that doesn't effect your stats in any way. Just flavor. Unless you had some sort of enchantment on it or something.

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
  1. Barbarians: Light and medium armor. Barbarians also benefit from an unarmored defense feature that allows them to add their Constitution modifier to their Armor Class (AC) when not wearing armor.
  2. Bards: Light armor. Some bard colleges, like the College of Valor, grant proficiency in medium armor and shields.
  3. Clerics: Depend on the domain. Light and medium armor are common, with some domains (like War or Tempest) granting heavy armor proficiency.
  4. Druids: Light and medium armor, but they will not wear armor or use shields made of metal. Fighters: All armor types, including shields.
  5. Monks: Monks typically don’t wear armor as their class feature, Unarmored Defense, allows them to add their Wisdom modifier to their AC when not wearing armor.
  6. Paladins: All armor types, including shields. Rangers: Light and medium armor, and shields.
  7. Rogues: Light armor. Their stealth and agility are better supported by less cumbersome armor.
  8. Sorcerers, Warlocks, and Wizards: Typically no armor proficiency. Certain subclasses, like the Hexblade Warlock or the War Mage Wizard, may offer limited armor proficiencies.
  9. Artificers: As a class introduced in "Eberron: Rising from the Last War," artificers have proficiency with light and medium armor, and shields.
Wearing armor you’re not proficient with has several disadvantages, like disadvantage on any ability check, saving throw, or attack roll that involves Strength or Dexterity, and you can’t cast spells. Also, certain magic items or class features can sometimes grant armor proficiencies outside these general rules.

Back
Top Bottom