[2023-24] NFL Thread - Offseason. Chicago Bears are on the clock.

Anyone betting on the game? I have three bets:

Parlay: Bet $5 to win $36.38 - KC to win, Kelce with a TD, and I took the under of 47.5

Bet $2 to win $30 - Kelce as MVP (only because the odds were so high and I think the NFL is going to do everything they can to get him the ball for Swifties)

Parlay $5 to win $88 - Mahomes over 262.5 yards, over 1.5 TDs, Kelce over 72.5 yards, Pacheco under 67.5 yards, Deebo Samuel TD

Anyone betting on the game? I have three bets:

Parlay: Bet $5 to win $36.38 - KC to win, Kelce with a TD, and I took the under of 47.5
This is very realistic in my (biased) opinion. The Chiefs have yet to give up more than 28 points this season; if they win the game, they probably are giving up no more than 20. And a Kelce TD is a good bet given that he's been playing out of his mind in this playoff run.

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
got my ear to the ground folks. here are some actually-real prop bets that i am telling you to put all your money on

How many patties will be on Andy Reid's postgame burger?

Over/Under 1.5

you gotta take over on this one. if he wins it's a victory burger and if he loses it's a consolation burger. either way theres no way it's not at least a double

Will Kyle Shanahan's 28-3 blown lead be mentioned?

Yes +200

No -300

this goes without saying. take the Yes on this one. it's free money

Which Chiefs fan will be shown first?

Paul Rudd +300

Henry Winkler +350

David Koechner +400

Eric Stonestreet +400

Jason Sudeikis +400

Melissa Etheridge +500

Brad Pitt +600

Rob Riggle +700

i can't believe this one. they're giving money away. how does rob riggle have the longest odds? the only reason i know who he is is because he's exclusively acted on nfl pregame shows for the last eleventy billion years. i couldn't name a single movie he's been in. they are for sure going to show his frank caliendo wannabe ass first.

How many times will Olivia Culpo be shown live?

Over/Under 1.5

i don't even know who this is. take the under. please don't tell me who this is

Primary color of Tony Romo's tie

Grey +200

Blue +250

Red +300

Black +400

Red/Pink +500

Orange +1600

Green +2000

Yellow +2000

do you ever wonder why we're born? is it just to die? i think he'll wear a black tie

Will unauthorized person (streaker) enter field of play?

Yes +300

No -500

Gender of unauthorized person (streaker) on field?

Male -750

Female +400

Trans +475

take Yes +300 and Trans +475 on the parlay. this is the Official Fire Queen Lock Of The Super Bowl. now if you'll excuse me i need to get back to packing for my trip. thankfully i'm not packing any clothes

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
No one wins watching these two teams play forever...
Don't watch to start with.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
I will say a few words as one of the two Chiefs fans here in the forums (I think)

That started as one of the worst SBs I've ever watched to one of the best. I can't even believe how that OT happened. If that extra point wasn't blocked...

I can't tell you how nice it is to have a completely reliable kicker. Whatever he is paid it should be double. I was actually kind of upset he didn't get interviewed in the little trophy area. Since I am now used to Mahomes I actually wasn't even worried for most of it. He can pull it off. It's so weird having grown up here and now being the team on top and "the hated team" when for so long I was used to being stuck as the wild card team or worse.

I almost didn't make it at the end but fortunately my husband kept me calm enough to watch it all the way through. I can't wait to tell my little sons tomorrow.

Also, I know probably only I care about this but shout out to that Usher halftime. That was fire. Had no idea he was going to wear the MJ glove. I can't believe he is 45. I don't listen to his music but those performers were amazing and hey, no major glitches. That red piano was incredible too. They definitely added some Vegas flair.

And lol at Elway giving the trophy to the Chiefs in the Raiders stadium

If you're around @BigDaddy I hope your TV feed didn't choke like ours sometimes did (which is what happened last year)

No, in college I think it is. But in the NFL, if the first team that gets the ball gets a TD or there is a safety, it's game over.
Actually, the new rule for the playoffs this year is that both teams get a possession even if the first scores a touchdown (unless there is a defensive touchdown/safety).

I enjoyed the outcome of the game. I'm pretty sure @Spiner202 did too.

I will say a few words as one of the two Chiefs fans here in the forums (I think)
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned you in my post too!

It's so weird having grown up here and now being the team on top and "the hated team" when for so long I was used to being stuck as the wild card team or worse.
It really is surreal. "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." It is fun though. Imagine your kids growing up knowing nothing different lol.

If you're around @BigDaddy I hope your TV feed didn't choke like ours sometimes did (which is what happened last year)
I was at a Super Bowl watch party at a sports bar with a local sports league I'm involved with, and I didn't notice any issues with the feed. Hope you didn't miss anything big!

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
Spiner? There's three of us in here? lol that's way more than I thought

After the Usher halftime I decided to watch the original MJ performance

What the fuck did I just watch, is anyone in the forums old enough to remember this and watched it live? Did he really just stand there in silence for a minute and then slowly take his shades off, lmao this is legendary (obviously) and now I feel extra bad for what happened to his sister

Imagine your kids growing up know nothing different lol.
It is very surreal...on the other hand they are half Lions fans :tease

Also Royals fans

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
;____; what if Mahomes became our Ace, he can throw it's basically the same thing right

please pleeease give some of the magic to our other team, you don't need all of it now

I don't want the high to fall off a cliff now with April lol

Wow this is the saddest collection of football fans I've ever seen :giggle

Anyways, that was a great game. I was never worried - even when the Chiefs didn't play well at the start. Mahomes has that same ice cold feeling that Brady had. As long as it's physically possible for him to bring the team back, he'll do everything humanly possible to do so. It's really impressive to watch.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I can't tell you how nice it is to have a completely reliable kicker. Whatever he is paid it should be double. I was actually kind of upset he didn't get interviewed in the little trophy area. Since I am now used to Mahomes I actually wasn't even worried for most of it. He can pull it off. It's so weird having grown up here and now being the team on top and "the hated team" when for so long I was used to being stuck as the wild card team or worse.

Look no further than Justin Tucker and the amount of attention he gets compared to Flacco and then Jackson here in Baltimore. Same thing happened to Matt Stover before he left the team. Kickers don’t get nearly enough love from the league.

Actually, the new rule for the playoffs this year is that both teams get a possession even if the first scores a touchdown (unless there is a defensive touchdown/safety).

I enjoyed the outcome of the game. I'm pretty sure @Spiner202 did too.

Which is a much better OT rule, I believe. There’s still enough of a sense of urgency to push the players, but it’s far more balanced.

Spiner? There's three of us in here? lol that's way more than I thought

After the Usher halftime I decided to watch the original MJ performance

I didn’t watch this video, but if I’m thinking of the right one, it was when he “teleported”, right? That was CUTTING EDGE back then.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
No, in college I think it is. But in the NFL, if the first team that gets the ball gets a TD or there is a safety, it's game over.
They literally explained before the coin toss that this was the first playoff game to be played with the new overtime rules.

As someone who holds a mild dislike for both teams, I honestly thought it was a very good game. But it felt more like a throwback game from before the NFL decided to make the game completely tilted towards offense. Felt like real football.

They literally explained before the coin toss that this was the first playoff game to be played with the new overtime rules.

I wasn't listening to the game. I had it on in the background for visuals, but I had it muted to avoid listening to the Taylor Swift references. So there's that.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
And today I learned this was a rule change.

Not gonna lie, as being a supremely casual football watcher, I can't keep up with the rule changes.

Seems like a decent change - albeit I would think you wouldn't want to be the first team to receive in overtime now.

Rachel

The Other Rachel
GW Elder
so many people took off work today lol

My favorite part about that was when the ref asked the two captains "does anyone have any questions about this?" Not sure if he had to say that or what, also was wondering if they were going to bring out the Hawaiian coach again to flip it, what is the ceremony for OT lol

I had no idea there has only been two OTs for the Super Bowl. I read online that betters made serious bank, something like a 10x return if they bet OT. I was kind of surprised there wasn't a better commercial contingency for OT, they looped through it again and I bet CBS wasn't happy they had to delay that one TV show premiere that I have already forgotten the name of

As someone who holds a mild dislike for both teams, I honestly thought it was a very good game. But it felt more like a throwback game from before the NFL decided to make the game completely tilted towards offense. Felt like real football.
I liked that it wasn't refball. That's the best I can ask. I knew more flags would come with OT and they were all gassed at the end. I also felt Tony actually did a decent job, nothing was too annoying IMO.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I am so, so upset about Travis body checking Reid. That was so, so dumb. He was lucky he didn't fall over.

Also shoutout to our kicker who immediately broke the SB record after it had just been broken by Moody, just incredible

I didn't watch this video, but if I'm thinking of the right one, it was when he "teleported", right? That was CUTTING EDGE back then.
I just realized...they said at the beginning this was a halftime performance "thirty years in the making"--I didn't understand what they meant...but, 1993...that had to have been another MJ reference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom