[2023-24] NFL Thread - Offseason. Chicago Bears are on the clock.

Edit: Since we don't get much activity on these threads, I've decided to just keep one thread until it becomes difficult to keep up discussion.

Week 10 starts us off with yet another banger TNF game between the 1-7 Panthers and the 2-7 Bears. Both teams who were expected to be pretty ass this year and yet, Amazon chose to put this on their schedule.

Last edited:
The Bears need to take a QB again, they can't bank on Justin Fields being anything. They need to take either Drake Maye and trade down or Drake Maye and Marvin Harrison Jr to go with DJ Moore and hope something sticks.

Whoever ends up first can either take Caleb Williams or they can get a royal bounty of picks for the number 1 spot. I don't trust USC quarterbacks at all. I'd roll the dice with an of the others.

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
matt rhule was overmatched from the jump and is completely unsuitable to be an nfl head coach

frank reich was a weird hire that i struggled to get excited about. there was a shot of him on the sideline in his second game with carolina and he looked completely checked out. just an incredible thousand-yard stare

what the panthers should have done was retain steve wilks. but that would have required ownership doing something that would actually satisfy the players instead of suiting whatever bizarre-ass personal agenda tepper has.

whatever. i survived the rodney peete era. i survived the jimmy clausen era. i'll survive this era

• They’re Right, You Know?
Reactions: Jon
instead of watching the panthers game tonight i'm watching the shining for the first time with some friends because that's less scary
Shining Stephen King GIF

The Bears have the second worst pass defense in the league right now.

Bryce Young has 69 (nice) yards.

Safe to say that Young is a complete bust. There is no way he should be this bad against one of the worst passing defenses in the country.
Nine games does not a bust make. Plus his one win this year (vs. the Texans, I think) was agst another phenom in CJ Stroud so if he's a bust the standards have changed drastically...

Now if Bryce Young is still having trouble this time next year? That's another story.

Fire Queen

GW Elder
yeah it's too premature to declare him a bust, especially given that any quarterback would be struggling to succeed with carolina's sham of an offensive line, dearth of speedy receivers, comical run game, and cowardly playcalling

that said stroud was my #1 QB but at the same time i wouldn't have traded up for him. there's no rhyme or reason to quarterbacks anymore. no one is that much of a sure thing to give up that many other resources

It looks like the AFC really is going to come down to whoever is hot at the end of the year. This week alone, the Ravens, Jags, Bengals, and Chargers all lost. I don't really believe in the Browns or the Steelers. The Texans look good, but I'm not sure if a rookie QB/HC combo will maintain this momentum into the playoffs. And even though I'm a Chiefs fan, if our offence doesn't get it figured out, we aren't going to win 3-4 in a row in the playoffs.

It looks like the AFC really is going to come down to whoever is hot at the end of the year. This week alone, the Ravens, Jags, Bengals, and Chargers all lost. I don't really believe in the Browns or the Steelers. The Texans look good, but I'm not sure if a rookie QB/HC combo will maintain this momentum into the playoffs. And even though I'm a Chiefs fan, if our offence doesn't get it figured out, we aren't going to win 3-4 in a row in the playoffs.
I love that the AFC is completely up for grabs this year. Nice change of pace. Every week, you think a team has put it together and will start to dominate, then they fall on their face. The Browns really could be a very good team, if the QB position wasn't a giant question mark. Watson can't seem to stay healthy, and if he does, no one will want him to play well and no one will like it if we succeed. Watson has shown to be serviceable when healthy this season, but he looks super slow and he makes dumb decisions.

I thought the Bungles were back, but that Houston game proved they still have work to do.

Stupid Browns, I put in a $5 bet on DraftKings when they were up 24-10 right before halftime and the Chargers were driving. I picked the Chargers to win outright and that would have made me $75 because I timed the bet right. Was totally gonna win because the Browns always Browns it up. Oh well.

Patriots suck and Mac Jones is done in New England. I feel for him, he got jerked around and never put in a spot to succeed. The missed TD and the worst INT I've ever seen probably spelled the end of his time here. They are probably starting the back up after the bye week and mailing in the rest of the year to have a shot at the next batch of guys. They face the Giants in 2 weeks, which might be the biggest suck fest of the entire year so far.

It's time for Belichick to either go, or give up his GM duties. He can't build a modern NFL team and now I'm questioning if he can still coach at a high level anymore. They spend more than anyone else on special teams, in which the kicker is barely above 50%, they have the most penalties, and special teams is completely diminished of what it once was.

I still think he is a good defensive coach, but his offensive personnel decisions have been bad dating back to when they were good. They've never paid for offensive talent and everyone would always say Belichick is playing chess with his moves... when it was really Brady covering up for everything he did wrong and having a good enough defense to compliment Brady. No WR can get open, they have no speed at any position, their line is a mess, they continue drafting interior offense and defensive linemen high in the draft... the team just sucks to watch. I'd rather have a garbage team with a

It makes me wonder how many more super bowls they should have won. And why they had that 10 year drought in between 3 championship runs. Maybe Belichick the GM held back the team from being EVEN MORE successful.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder how many more super bowls they should have won. And why they had that 10 year drought in between 3 championship runs. Maybe Belichick the GM held back the team from being EVEN MORE successful.
This sort of comment to me shows me how good Belichick is that he totally desensitized everyone to how hard it is to win Super Bowls. 6 wins over a 20-year period is crazy. The amount of luck that is needed to win in any given season is crazy.

I agree that his GM skills are not that great, especially on offence, but I'm not sure we should have expected the Patriots to win more Super Bowls than they did.

I also just read a stat that of teams that have rushed for over 150 yards and given up 10 points or less in the same game were 266-0.

After the Patriots game they are 266-1. This is in recorded NFL history.

They've been bad this year, but yesterday was the tipping point it feels like.
We've gone back to the early 90s at this point.

But hey, at least we got that fake spike leading to a game ending interception to end it.

Fire Queen

GW Elder
watson out for the season with a shoulder injury. can't imagine this is karmic retribution for anything! also it sure feels like this season has been abnormally injury-heavy especially for quarterbacks. there are two undrafted rookies starting and they've combined to win like five times more games than the guy drafted #1 overall.

at this point i'm actively rooting for the panthers to lose out. the earlier this coaching staff is gone the better. as much as i wish the panthers had taken stroud over young i'm not sure stroud would be doing much better in these circumstances. things are bleak here. the panthers have two rushing touchdowns this season. two!!!

the panthers have two rushing touchdowns this season. two!!!
Good thing they paid all that money for Sanders!

Back after week three I traded Sanders in my Keeper league for Charbonnet and an 8th rounder next year.

Best move I've made. But I've made a few gems this year in that league.

Breece Hall the week before he was uncapped for Zay Flowers and Ken Gainwell.

Gibbs for Ekeler.

Swift for Bijan.

If I don't win that league this year I will be sorely disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom