• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

What are all the names you're known by?

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I still generally assume it was all for the attention and manipulative kicks.

If it were a case of them* feeling more comfortable as an Aphrodite than a tworow2, then that's certainly understandable in 2024-vision. Just would have been cool to not spring the condescending attitude with it all.

I always wondered what Noswal/Lawson truly felt about the whole matter. I think he was the only one who knew them personally. As far as I can recall he just kept pretty quiet about tworow in general.

*for the sake of not mispronouning, not to imply they were multiple people.
I'm not in a position to criticize if it was a situation of gender-related issues, all things considered, but yeah, just...the attitude was pretty outlandish.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I thought it was Hawkeye/Justin and his brother who went to high school with him? They were the first ones post a yearbook picture, which he discredited, despite prior acknowledgment that he knew both of them in real life. It was like he tried to backtrack and act like he didn’t really know them and they were claiming the picture was him just to fuck with him.
Hmm... I could have sworn it was Noswal, mostly because I seem to remember Noswal looking like Sean Astin/Samwise Gamgee. I have no idea why that would verify the claim but it's a core memory...

Pretty sure the picture of tworow2 that whoever it was shared was him sitting on a stoop. I'm sure there was a "stoop kid's afraid to leave his stoop" joke, too.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hmm... I could have sworn it was Noswal, mostly because I seem to remember Noswal looking like Sean Astin/Samwise Gamgee. I have no idea why that would verify the claim but it's a core memory...

I remember Lawson, he was the aspiring chef out of Virginia, that’s what threw me off about your story, because I know tworow was supposed to be Canadian.

Pretty sure the picture of tworow2 that whoever it was shared was him sitting on a stoop. I'm sure there was a "stoop kid's afraid to leave his stoop" joke, too.

Yeah, that was the second one if I remember correctly, but both were of the same individual a few years apart.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I remember Lawson, he was the aspiring chef out of Virginia, that’s what threw me off about your story, because I know tworow was supposed to be Canadian.
Futurama Ambivalence GIF

You're probably right and I'm conflating humans. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Futurama Ambivalence GIF

You're probably right and I'm conflating humans. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I could just as easily be wrong, I’m just relying on my memory for online people being as good as my memory for “real” people… and I’m one of those weirdos that’ll recognize someone and remember where I met them after meeting them once. Don’t ask me what I ate for breakfast yesterday, though… no chance in hell I’ll remember that.

You sure? He might take you to lunch in his limo.
Hah, I assume you meant MA? If Ben sent me a limo I'd happily take my chances. With MA...not so much.

That said, I was fortunate enough to have missed most of his period.

I still generally assume it was all for the attention and manipulative kicks.

If it were a case of them* feeling more comfortable as an Aphrodite than a tworow2, then that's certainly understandable in 2024-vision. Just would have been cool to not spring the condescending attitude with it all.
This was always my take on it. Never experienced it personally but it was clear to see. I was never all that surprised that some people really celebrated the downfall.

I actually remember that thread being posted. Nobody else had posted and I could have had the first word, but I was too hungover and like usual I could think of nothing entertaining to write.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hah, I assume you meant MA? If Ben sent me a limo I'd happily take my chances. With MA...not so much.

That said, I was fortunate enough to have missed most of his period.

You’re lucky having avoided him for the most part, because I was sarcastically referencing MA’s grandiose view of himself.

You’re lucky having avoided him for the most part, because I was sarcastically referencing MA’s grandiose view of himself.

Yeah, I've heard enough of the stories. It's a shame because I could have maybe shed some light on whether they were actually true or not.

This is basically every Singaporean's dream. You have nailed it here!

The view is not dissimilar to some of the suites at MBS, though sadly the real room does not have any gold.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Yeah, I've heard enough of the stories. It's a shame because I could have maybe shed some light on whether they were actually true or not.

This is basically every Singaporean's dream. You have nailed it here!

The view is not dissimilar to some of the suites at MBS, though sadly the real room does not have any gold.
You mean you never saw the parade floats and marching bands singing his praises through the street?

Maybe he had a hard time pulling himself away from his highly important executive work.*

*Talking to teenagers on a gaming forum.

G-Money

GW Elder
Since you were part of that group, do you happen to remember the other Mark who played with us? I want to say his AIM handle was was Zantoro or something with a Z. 🤔
Wow, what a blast from the past. I don't even remember my original GW forum name but I definitely still have lots of fond memories gaming and dicking around in Teamspeak with y'all. I know used that name you mentioned Ben, Divichi, and then I remember when Sam & I convinced our parents to let us spend $10 on the internet to register on SA, Disgustipated (Chris IIRC?) gave me the name G-Money lmao.

I was up north & unplugged this weekend and about died when I got home and saw that Sam had messaged me on Discord saying GW was back and sent a screenshot from this thread. Awesome to see so many of y'all are still in touch, how cool to be connected again.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Wow, what a blast from the past. I don't even remember my original GW forum name but I definitely still have lots of fond memories gaming and dicking around in Teamspeak with y'all. I know used that name you mentioned Ben, Divichi, and then I remember when Sam & I convinced our parents to let us spend $10 on the internet to register on SA, Disgustipated (Chris IIRC?) gave me the name G-Money lmao.

I was up north & unplugged this weekend and about died when I got home and saw that Sam had messaged me on Discord saying GW was back and sent a screenshot from this thread. Awesome to see so many of y'all are still in touch, how cool to be connected again.

@Disgustipated is here. I’m gonna add you to the elder group so you can access the forums for the oldies.

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder

Welcome back! We're all still weird as hell so now we just do that while keeping in touch better.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder

Welcome back, dude.

Chris was the unpaid salesman of SA I swear. Although one that will forceably purchase the product for you themselves if you hold out too long, because I'm 99% sure he paid the $10 for me to join SA himself.

Yes I definitely remember you and Sam! Think you guys were in the IRC chats too?

Welcome back, dude.

Chris was the unpaid salesman of SA I swear. Although one that will forceably purchase the product for you themselves if you hold out too long, because I'm 99% sure he paid the $10 for me to join SA himself.
Almost certainly I did buy your account lol. I bought several accounts for people. You, Toni, Lia, maybe my HS buddy Phil? Probably more too that I don't remember anymore.

lol he bought mine too! Which later translated to mad street cred with Goonswarm when they found out I had an ancient SA account. Who knew that $10 would go so far.. Thanks @Disgustipated!
Your account isn't even that old! Registered in 2006! But I do remember you telling me that story before lol. IIRC they had some requirement to have been registered for a while before you could join Goonswarm? And you were obviously well past that.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I hate to break it to you, but to kids these days we are old now lol
Right?! How the fuck did that happen? I can remember joining the forums and thinking the 20 year olds were adults, and anyone who was in their 30s was ancient. And we don't talk about the dusty kunt who could literally have been anyone's grandpa.

Now it's flipped and my oldest kid is about the age I was when I started spending all my time online, trying to smother my 56k modem with a pillow when I had to reconnect at 1am... And I know the kind of shit I got up to online, falling in with such deplorable e-girlfriends who sullied my pure soul. 🤔

I at least like to think we're somewhat more in touch with our kids than our parents were. Mine didn't have a fucking clue about video games, aside from my dad playing Lemmings, which isn't exactly rocket surgery. My mom couldn't even work out how to point or click in the first point-and-click Discworld game. They still had that disconnect that computers weren't even an important thing, let alone the internet...

(Thanks for making me feel old, Toni. :mad: )

BlackAvatar400

Other names I've gone by or go by:

Special Dark (at work/like the Hershey's candy)
Milk Dud (at work/like the candy)
Lo
Lo-Go
Darkness (what they called me in high school)
Lowenski Wine (also in high school)
Casanova De la Geto
Goofy (because I can mimic Bill Farmer's voice talent for the character)
Superman604 (on here formerly, but I changed it because I use that name on a different site)
Captain Africa
BlackAvatar400 (currently)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom