What are all the names you're known by?

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
on GameWinners I went from NextBigThing (an old wrestling reference) to just Coleman (my first name) even though every one on GW called me Cole.

on most social media platforms, twitch, most places in general I'm cLOLe which stems from a combination of Cole and Coleman usually being taken everywhere, and Tom made his steam name LOLGGLES (a Futurama joke of sorts) so I copied him.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
Didn't realize you were also NextBigThing until it got mentioned somewhere like yesterday or today. Part of what spurred this post, I do remember you from then actually!
we overlapped a very little bit, yeah. I got modded in early 2005. towards the end of 2005 is when Ben decided to "shake things up" and removed you, Tommy and Kat (this is my recollection maybe I'm mistaken) and held a vote for the new smods. once I became smod unchanged my own name to Coleman.

Lunar Kreskents

noping in a corner near you
GW Elder
we overlapped a very little bit, yeah. I got modded in early 2005. towards the end of 2005 is when Ben decided to "shake things up" and removed you, Tommy and Kat (this is my recollection maybe I'm mistaken) and held a vote for the new smods. once I became smod unchanged my own name to Coleman.
I stepped down as I recall, I wasn't removed (but maybe he was planning on it anyway?) I did wonder what happened with Kat and Tommy, very interesting!

Probably seeing NextBigThing around the mod forum is where I remember you from!

Major Isoor

Dynamite with a laser beam
GW Elder
I've been known as Major Isoor almost everywhere online, aside from around 2005-2006ish, when I first registered here. I was originally mandalore when I first registered for, you guessed it, KOTOR2 cheats and advice! Then I renamed to Cheat Baron in order to quickly break away from my original burner/throwaway name (since hey, forums turned out to be pretty good, so I stuck around!) then a little while after that, Major Isoor.

Holly

Resident of the GWF Retirement Home
GW Elder

I absolutely love that you gave Kat her orange.

Fire Queen

official GWF wolfmistress (sometimes) | she/they
GW Elder
ok let's see if i can remember all of them

Fire_King (didn't know you could use spaces in your username) (for anyone curious Fire King was the nickname of my typhlosion in pokemon silver and as you can tell it stuck)
at one point i did the FiRe KiNg thing lol. i was like 11
for most of GW i was Fire King but uh around ages 12-15 i went through a lot of different usernames like:
Stewie Griffin (this was at the peak of my Family Guy phase. boy that show sucks!)
Mad Cow On Fire!!! (does anyone remember the mad cow scare from like 2004? no? ok that's what i thought)
>_< (this one was fun)
Lunar (after the character from Mischief Makers. fun fact that's partially where i got the name Marina (oh yeah that's my name now) from LOL)

i think that covers everything i can remember using on gw. gw-related contexts are the only place i use Fire Queen these days, most other places i use either liteyears (another Mischief Makers shoutout) or piousmage (shouts out to Nino Fireemblem)

Okay...time to start this. Will add more if I remember (feel free to add any you remember as well):

• Alu15
  • Shiva_God (Amber/ @Vampyra and I got matching names at this point for a bit)
  • Alu
  • Al
  • A
  • å
  • General Alu Ackbar
  • Admiral Alu Ackbar
  • Admiral Maggot
  • Alyssa Milano
  • Alu Zer
  • Ampersand
  • Alukut
  • Achy Breaky Heart
  • A/S/L?
  • A Super Moderator

Gotta think of more...

(for reference: I had 50 names overall...so still missing out on 34)

Last edited:
Oh sheesh, well it's impossible to list them all out because I was banned on sight for a while and I had a bunch of legitimate alternate accounts because I had nothing else really going on in my life at the time.

I initially joined in 2004 as tommyboy1334 and only posted on the GTA:SA forum. I was trying to figure out how to fly the crop duster to the moon. (You cannot do that) After a while, I made my way around to other forums and found C&C, and signature making. I became a Julz clone (Julz6) and was making faded ASCII signatures for a while. Then I changed my name to Tommy! and found my way into PIMI. The moderator "Tommy" at the time took this as impersonation and forced me to change my name. I went with Tommy Boy. Around this time, I convinced an inactive member from 2001 to give me his account, Whoreboy. I just used the forum contact list and sorted by oldest accounts, got his email address from his profile, and asked him via email. He gave me his password immediately and did not care if I merged his account into mine. Instantly, I was able to do a lot more on GW like change my CT, and my rep exploded. (lol) This, along with a few other events, inevitably led to my eventual ban on sight to be enacted. I had various alts during this period but the most notable two were "Chippy" and "ApolloTheSun". I think it held for 14 months before it was finally reversed. I really don't remember why it was reversed but I think it had to do with Ben (Blind Guardian) and Brig becoming my actual friends and then undoing it. In any case, I remained Tommy Boy until the last day of the forums.

Didn’t you drop some digits off of your original name? I wanted to remember first seeing you with some numbers after it…
Probably 14 or 15 (my age). At a few other bulletin boards my first username was pokemongirl14. When I first started getting online (public library then NetZero dial-up) I was heavy into my Pokemon fandom.:nerd

Raposuh

Flipwaist
GW Elder
Waaaaay Waaaaay back I think my username was something like cloud_strifewalker, or some other similar mash up. I think I'd gotten permission from my parents to join so I could ask about the Water Temple in OoT, since id been stuck on that level for like 6 months, even restarting the whole game to get back to that point and get stuck again. I think I mostly onled posted in OoT and FF7 rumor threads about getting the triforce or reviving Aerith, and then later on Egg Pets. There was probably another user name in there too, before I changed it to Kit Raposa and then Raposa.

Jawneh

Full-time time waster
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Lt. Chimera was among the first original ones I had. Nothing to do with Full Metal Alchemist. I just had a character named that in Phantasy Star Online and I took upon the name elsewhere.
FOMA
LacyThong
VelvetRising
Velvet
JawniHawni
Jawni (thanks Ash for a nickname that stuck around <3)
Joni (the real firstname)
Jawneh

I got some amusing stories with LacyThong. It become to be from Lt.Chimera as a joke from the "Lt" part. I believe it was in Biohazard forums where me or someone made a thread wondering what the heck it means since it def wasn't lieutenant. In a more minuscule alu sort of fashion, there were a good number of random names of which LacyThong stuck as the favorite. Ended up using it as a name in some games of which in at least one it was removed for being offensive somehow. :D

At some point I ended up getting a sig made of a pink frilly lacy thong. Due to some shenanigans I ended up in a random forum somewhere to start beefs with people. In there was a random image thread, maybe like post yourself, where someone for some reason posted a picture of their 3-5 trophies on a table with themself from knees to chest, fully naked, holding their olive size pecker in hand barely pocking out under a beer gut. I dont remember exactly what was said, but I chose the guy as the target, obviously pointed out the size disparity between the trophies and dick, and got the guy riled up and going for good laughs. And in good internet fashion, people most likely assumed I was a woman with the name LacyThong, so of course I played into that. (It probably was part of the plan on my part, but I dont remember for sure). I think I spent a day there and never returned.

Major Isoor

GW Elder
Oh sheesh, well it's impossible to list them all out because I was banned on sight for a while and I had a bunch of legitimate alternate accounts because I had nothing else really going on in my life at the time.

I initially joined in 2004 as tommyboy1334 and only posted on the GTA:SA forum. I was trying to figure out how to fly the crop duster to the moon. (You cannot do that) After a while, I made my way around to other forums and found C&C, and signature making. I became a Julz clone (Julz6) and was making faded ASCII signatures for a while. Then I changed my name to Tommy! and found my way into PIMI. The moderator "Tommy" at the time took this as impersonation and forced me to change my name. I went with Tommy Boy. Around this time, I convinced an inactive member from 2001 to give me his account, Whoreboy. I just used the forum contact list and sorted by oldest accounts, got his email address from his profile, and asked him via email. He gave me his password immediately and did not care if I merged his account into mine. Instantly, I was able to do a lot more on GW like change my CT, and my rep exploded. (lol) This, along with a few other events, inevitably led to my eventual ban on sight to be enacted. I had various alts during this period but the most notable two were "Chippy" and "ApolloTheSun". I think it held for 14 months before it was finally reversed. I really don't remember why it was reversed but I think it had to do with Ben (Blind Guardian) and Brig becoming my actual friends and then undoing it. In any case, I remained Tommy Boy until the last day of the forums.

Ohhhh, ApolloTheSun was you? I actually remember posting with that account - interesting! Huh, I never made the connection!

Also Tommy, after unlocking all these GW memories, I think you'll find that I owe you $10, as you got me onto SA. If you'd care to send me your paypal, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you after all these years! :D (That was the best 10bux I never spent! Definitely deserves to be paid back IMO)

I think GW got spared my first ever screenname, bequeathed to me by my mother and thankfully lost forever to time, by a matter of weeks. Probably. And also got spared everything in between during all most of my emo and angst phases. Mercifully. So it should just be:

WarpBahamut (Look, dragons are cool. I liked nerd shit. At some point I had regrets.)
Warp (Literally everyone was shocked this wasn't already taken, circa... 2004? -ish?)
Darrcyphfeid ("Unique usernames are frickin' awesome." SO. MUCH. REGRET.)
Warp (Because everyone rightfully kept calling me this anyway.)

Major Isoor

GW Elder
Huh, there was more crossover for GW -> SA than I realized. I think CD and then I were the first regs over there, at least that I know of? I definitely bought people accounts over the years lol
Oh, who's 'CD'? I'm drawing a blank. But yeah, I think there is (well, used to be at least) a fair bit of crossover. I joined in 2011 and for a few years after that I'd see some familiar names. Nothing for ages though

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
mdx381
Heretic
Wicked

There *may* have been another… If there was, it was very short-lived and I don’t remember what it was.

Oh, who's 'CD'? I'm drawing a blank. But yeah, I think there is (well, used to be at least) a fair bit of crossover. I joined in 2011 and for a few years after that I'd see some familiar names. Nothing for ages though
Civil Disobedient. He reg'd for SA in 02, introduced me to it and I reg'd in 03, literally as soon as I got my own debit card so I could pay the 10bux!

Insurrection
Jolt!
Mal Reynolds
RJ.
Ivan Drago
Matt Foley

I had a couple dumb ults, one was a terrible tworow knockoff. I didn't really study how they posted, so it didn't go well. I think RJ. was an ult, too.

I've also got a couple non-GW profiles out there that go along the lines of "Left turn at Albuquerque" which is an homage to the classic Bugs Bunny line. I use it for more inappropriate spots where I prefer not to use Fool's Requiem.

My Twitch is A_Requiem_for_the_Foolish, because someone hacked my original account and Twitch refused to get it back for me.

Last edited:

Lunar Kreskents

noping in a corner near you
GW Elder
That's amazing! It's so interesting how something as simple as that can immediately form a bond, or get you acceptance into a new group.
"Yea but you gotta be an SA member to even join Goonswarm."
Oh but I AM an SA member!
Lets Go Cbc GIF by Run The Burbs

Ohhhh, ApolloTheSun was you? I actually remember posting with that account - interesting! Huh, I never made the connection!

Also Tommy, after unlocking all these GW memories, I think you'll find that I owe you $10, as you got me onto SA. If you'd care to send me your paypal, I'd be more than happy to reimburse you after all these years! :D (That was the best 10bux I never spent! Definitely deserves to be paid back IMO)
Honestly, just hearing how much the small gesture impacted your life is payback enough! You're too kind.

Major Isoor

GW Elder
Honestly, just hearing how much the small gesture impacted your life is payback enough! You're too kind.
Well, if you're sure... But yeah, it was a real boon tbh - SA is a different beast to GW, but it was definitely what I needed after GW! I can't just... not post in forums, dammit! :raspberry I might post a thread about what everyone's been doing online post-GWclassic, actually

Real name is Jake.
When I joined I was Flaming Chao. I was usually going by Flame online at the time, but that name was already taken by a mod, so early on I switched to The Flame, which became my main. There's a long list of goofy ass names that I used briefly, but the only ones I can currently remember are Haunter, Doctor Zoidberg, The Narwhalrus, and *. On Steam and such my username is usually Inebriated Moose, which has been my default ever since the PS3 days. Been wanting to switch it to something else because I've grown tired of it, but could never come up with anything that sticks.

I've always been Nae'blis here, but in the beginning I had it as -=Nae'blis=- because 14-15 year old me thought it looked cool. :cool2

Funny(?) story: I actually thought about chaging my username to Blind Guardian before Ben did! Back when he was bentalbot.. and for some reason I always read his name as bental bot.. weird robot.

Back
Top Bottom