What are all the names you're known by?

Sabin

GW Elder
Lol I do remember Sofa King. At 15 that sounded funny.

To this day I still say K for C revolution. No one ever gets the reference.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
  • bentalbot
  • Hal Emmerich
  • Some other shit I can't recall I'm sure
  • Blind Guardian
  • Ben
  • Satan?
I'd say everyone knew me mostly as one of the last 3.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I didn't start drinking until I was 20, so I remember 19 fairly well.

Damn… you’re a late bloomer. You must of had people that looked out for your well-being, what a shame. By 20 I was a drunk and getting fucked up daily from the time I got off work til I passed out for the night. It got old by the time I started doing repo in my mid-20’s. All it takes is one gunshot in your direction with a hangover to wanna cut that shit out and stay on your A game.

I commend y’all for keeping away from that lifestyle. Nothing but trouble.

Damn… you’re a late bloomer. You must of had people that looked out for your well-being, what a shame. By 20 I was a drunk and getting fucked up daily from the time I got off work til I passed out for the night. It got old by the time I started doing repo in my mid-20’s. All it takes is one gunshot in your direction with a hangover to wanna cut that shit out and stay on your A game.

I commend y’all for keeping away from that lifestyle. Nothing but trouble.
My mom was dying of liver disease so I managed to hold off. It was unrelated to drinking, but it had similar effects to what would have been.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
My mom was dying of liver disease so I managed to hold off. It was unrelated to drinking, but it had similar effects to what would have been.

Still, being able to keep it together going through that without resorting to stuff to cope is commendable. I wish I had that kinda restraint at that age… back then I was my own worst enemy.

Still, being able to keep it together going through that without resorting to stuff to cope is commendable. I wish I had that kinda restraint at that age… back then I was my own worst enemy.
It was tough. Especially because I pledged into a fraternity during that time. I was the DD by design for it all and went to all the parties still. I managed to enjoy my time, and then figured out how to not over do it.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
It was tough. Especially because I pledged into a fraternity during that time. I was the DD by design for it all and went to all the parties still. I managed to enjoy my time, and then figured out how to not over do it.

I can imagine, but… the alternative is a long rocky road, and you did right by present day you by handling that as well as you did then. Trust and believe, present day me is still paying for the shit that past me got into. I got out alive and I’m not in the shape that most former addicts are in, but that’s not luck… that’s getting out before it got bad bad. I can’t say the same for more than half my friends I grew up with. So, my point remains the same, brother… it couldn’t have been easy for you, but it was the best way to handle yourself.

Can you even remember 19 anymore? I sure as fuck cannot.
I remember 19.

I dug up some fun photos from when I was 19.

received_10102782076857856.jpegreceived_10102782076867836.jpeg

Yes, that's chocolate pudding. And yes, that chick in the bikini kicked my ass. Clearly, I wasn't sober.

received_10102565490129396.jpeg
And here's a photo taken inside a CompUSA. I came in to visit my friend who was working there. He snapped a photo using one of the digital cameras on display and then printed it out. Cutting edge technology at the time. I kept the photo all these years. That friend is my fiance now.

Last edited:

Victoria

GW Elder
I've noticed a trend with discussion across many threads here casually going from silly chitchat to casually sharing trauma and then back to chitchat. Not complaining, good to see GW is still a form of therapy.

I was Victoria for the majority of my time on GW.
Spam Queen for a while before that. I do believe that username cost me my first mod vote - no way was it my level of maturity and charming personality.

I think someone changed their username to Spam King at one point, and I was so upset about it they changed it back to something else without docking the 1,000 posts fee.

Sarah, you've hardly changed. :D

I've noticed a trend with discussion across many threads here casually going from silly chitchat to casually sharing trauma and then back to chitchat. Not complaining, good to see GW is still a form of therapy.
Sarah, you've hardly changed. :D
Yeah, I've felt a little awkward about the bursts of emotional diarrhea I've spread around here already.

:link y'all can't get rid of me.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
And he's a photo taken inside a CompUSA. I came in to visit my friend was working there. He snapped a photo using one of the digital cameras on display and then printed it out. Cutting edge technology at the time. I kept the photo all these years. That friend is my fiance now.

That’s awesome that you ended up with someone you’ve known for so long. Congratulations to you guys, and I wish y’all nothing but the best. Especially you, because I don’t know him, and I’m biased.

It’s cheaper. American healthcare, I’m sure you’ve heard. It’s a bitch.

I was Victoria for the majority of my time on GW.
Spam Queen for a while before that. I do believe that username cost me my first mod vote - no way was it my level of maturity and charming personality.

PRETTY sure your assholery is what cost you that one, not your name. If I recall… there were a few mods that shot you down because they either had interactions where you ever so politely and eloquently let them know something about themselves… or they saw you educate others.

I think someone changed their username to Spam King at one point, and I was so upset about it they changed it back to something else without docking the 1,000 posts fee.

I remember this, and it was one of the PIMI dipshits.

Yeah, I've felt a little awkward about the bursts of emotional diarrhea I've spread around here already.

:link y'all can't get rid of me.

Pretty sure everybody has already unloaded plenty of baggage. You are not alone in that department. We’ve all done it several times over. I guess we all learned not to bottle it up over the years.

That’s awesome that you ended up with someone you’ve known for so long. Congratulations to you guys, and I wish y’all nothing but the best. Especially you, because I don’t know him, and I’m biased.
Having that foundation of friendship is the best. It's pretty cool being with someone who still sees me as the 17 year old girl he first met 20 years ago when he was 16. We lost touch for a good 8 years there, but when we reconnected holy shit. He cut right through all the bullshit and denial. It was like waking up from a coma.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder

Major Isoor

Dynamite with a laser beam
GW Elder
  • bentalbot
  • Hal Emmerich
  • Some other shit I can't recall I'm sure
  • Blind Guardian
  • Ben
  • Satan?
I'd say everyone knew me mostly as one of the last 3.
Oh hey, bental bot's joined us! I don't remember Satan, but I recall you using all the other usernames - mostly Blind Guardian and Ben during my era, though

Reactions: Ben

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh hey, bental bot's joined us! I don't remember Satan, but I recall you using all the other usernames - mostly Blind Guardian and Ben during my era, though
That last one was sarcasm, given it seems I left the taste of brimstone in people's mouths. 🔥

Ben was my name when I quit, but I was probably either bentalbot or Blind Guardian for the majority of my time.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Having that foundation of friendship is the best. It's pretty cool being with someone who still sees me as the 17 year old girl he first met 20 years ago when he was 16. We lost touch for a good 8 years there, but when we reconnected holy shit. He cut right through all the bullshit and denial. It was like waking up from a coma.

I can relate to that with my woman… we were kids when we met, so reconnecting all those years later with all the scars life left on us was interesting to say the least. Lots of conversations about how we couldn’t believe this or that happened, lots of conversations about deserving better than we got. You know the drill… it’s a whole process getting to know someone new. Reconnecting is a different experience… familiar, yet new.

Major Isoor

GW Elder
That last one was sarcasm, given it seems I left the taste of brimstone in people's mouths. 🔥

Ben was my name when I quit, but I was probably either bentalbot or Blind Guardian for the majority of my time.
Yeah yeah I know - I just don't remember you being that bad! Gotta give yourself a little credit (I mean, I do remember you banning me for making a reference to Auschwitz one time, but that whole debacle was all a good laugh for me afterwards, anyway :D )

Reactions: Ben

Pun Damage

That Pain You Feel at a Bad Pun
GW Elder
I don't remember what I changed to, only that I used to be Dark Aura. In the last few months or so of my GW career I changed it to something else, likely SF3P0X1.

Pun Damage

That Pain You Feel at a Bad Pun
GW Elder
Oh! Didn't you write some fanfictions that we found super popular in the Sonic forum?
I may have, I don't remember. I do remember participating in group Sonic fanfic writes. I came up with a Sonic OC that I described as a naive fool ala Knuckles that I named Mega.

Avenger

The Great One
GW Elder
ATTENTION THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY

Avenger has only known and needed one name. Actually, wait, that's not true, Avenger was banned at least TWICE. Which brought in THE DARK AVENGER and THE GREAT GAZOO. But we shall not speak of those times.

THE GREAT AVENGER HAS SPOKEN :smash 🤨

Last edited:
I can't remember just exactly when I started GW but I only remember using Loverboy01 (not because of the band, just thought I was a romantic lol) and my favorite that I still use is Cupid.. the period at the end was for some reason the most important thing at the time LMAO

Major Isoor

GW Elder
I can't remember just exactly when I started GW but I only remember using Loverboy01 (not because of the band, just thought I was a romantic lol) and my favorite that I still use is Cupid.. the period at the end was for some reason the most important thing at the time LMAO
Hah! Yeah I remember that - same for a few other people. Looking back, that's pretty funny, if the period was considered the important bit though! Since I always figured it was because the non-period name was already taken by someone, so I always referred to people without it - so for you, "Cupid". That probably annoyed some (or at least you, anyway) in hindsight! :D

Well you bring a good point, the Cupid without the period was taken, but it ended being my favorite thing LMAO. I've been seeing names here and there I remember but it's crazy to think it's been ~14 to 20 years since my hay day (spelling?)

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
For some reason I recalled another of the usernames I had in between registering as bentalbot and being Blind Guardian for a while, which I believe was I'moriheru' or something similar. Definitely something Tolkien-esque.

I chose to just come back here with what I was using on leaving GW, but since then I've mostly been using the username "TeaWrecks" or some variation.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
For some reason I recalled another of the usernames I had in between registering as bentalbot and being Blind Guardian for a while, which I believe was I'moriheru' or something similar. Definitely something Tolkien-esque.

I chose to just come back here with what I was using on leaving GW, but since then I've mostly been using the username "TeaWrecks" or some variation.

Your OG username was one of the more entertaining ones to mock. Bent Al Bot.

Ben

Stoned Guardian
Badministrator
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
GW Elder
Your OG username was one of the more entertaining ones to mock. Bent Al Bot.
I don't think many people got that out of it. Most thought it was "bental bot", like some twist on "mental".

But yeah. That's what you get when you're a 13 year old who didn't know you could use punctuation or capitalization in usernames.

I'm one of the few who never changed their name. I was always far too cheap for the 1,000 posts. Besides, I have enough trouble coming up with names - my Steam ID (abczyx) is a pretty good indicator of this.

Also on team bental bot. I remember when Ben messaged me on Steam once to play L4D and my dad read it out like that. It just feels natural.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I'm one of the few who never changed their name. I was always far too cheap for the 1,000 posts. Besides, I have enough trouble coming up with names - my Steam ID (abczyx) is a pretty good indicator of this.

Also on team bental bot. I remember when Ben messaged me on Steam once to play L4D and my dad read it out like that. It just feels natural.
dimmerwit's the perfect name, don't ever change it ;)

Back
Top Bottom