• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

What are all the names you're known by?

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Hey everyone, been a while.

pacmanxpert12
Nirvana
Samuel
Sam

I was the guy that had green Tahoma text and signed all of my posts “-Sam”

I recognize a handful of names here. poj, disgustipated, Ben/BG (you had a name that had something to do with Shinra at one point) and Heretic/Wicked are names that stick out to me.

I used to be really good friends with the admin MajBoothroyd, we played BF1942 Desert Combat all the time (with Ben and I/O Error a lot of the time) and usually were talkin shit in Teamspeak all day every day. Does anyone know what happened to that guy or did anyone keep in contact with him?

-Sam (lol)

I remember you. Welcome back. I went ahead and verified your profile and added you to the elder group. You can see the extra forums for the old members now.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Hey everyone, been a while.

pacmanxpert12
Nirvana
Samuel
Sam

I was the guy that had green Tahoma text and signed all of my posts “-Sam”

I recognize a handful of names here. poj, disgustipated, Ben/BG (you had a name that had something to do with Shinra at one point) and Heretic/Wicked are names that stick out to me.

I used to be really good friends with the admin MajBoothroyd, we played BF1942 Desert Combat all the time (with Ben and I/O Error a lot of the time) and usually were talkin shit in Teamspeak all day every day. Does anyone know what happened to that guy or did anyone keep in contact with him?

-Sam (lol)
Welcome Sam! I remember the name Nirvana, good to see you join us here :)

Nirvana

GW Elder
Hey I remember that name too!

I was on the mod team for a while, I modded TES: Morrowind, Forum Only Games... shit I can't remember the others anymore haha I know it was at least 3-4 forums at one point. I abused my "no post delay" mod power to shoot my post count up to the top 10 by posting endlessly in Forum Only Games, and consequently got my post count docked by like 5000 posts, and got kicked off the mod team lol.

So many of these names stick out to me but its seriously been so long I can't even put the names to the people anymore or how or if we ever interacted in the past.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Definitely sounds like something that'd happen on GW for sure! 5,000 posts is pretty steep, though! Geez!

I'm not sure if we ever properly interacted back then, I was familiar with everyone by virtue of lurking a lot, but I was hiding myself a lot, so we might not have properly interacted. If we didn't, well, hey, I was Apollo, lol. A little different these days ;)

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Hey I remember that name too!

I was on the mod team for a while, I modded TES: Morrowind, Forum Only Games... shit I can't remember the others anymore haha I know it was at least 3-4 forums at one point. I abused my "no post delay" mod power to shoot my post count up to the top 10 by posting endlessly in Forum Only Games, and consequently got my post count docked by like 5000 posts, and got kicked off the mod team lol.

So many of these names stick out to me but its seriously been so long I can't even put the names to the people anymore or how or if we ever interacted in the past.
I hope my name is familiar. It always is because it's been everything.

Welcome back!

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
I thought that was a familiar name. Welcome back!

Never had a Shinra username that I recall, but that was the name of my first Clan in C&C. And for a while my email was [email protected], so I guess that would have been my name on MSN and stuff.

-Sam (lol)
Maj was around last year, but wasn't very active. poj was here too but same deal. I/O I could care less about, mostly because he went far right and seriously threatened to shoot me at one point, which tends to put a damper on a friendship. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Since you were part of that group, do you happen to remember the other Mark who played with us? I want to say his AIM handle was was Zantoro or something with a Z. 🤔

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
because he went far right and seriously threatened to shoot me at one point
Are You Serious Elisabeth Moss GIF by HULU

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Right? That one kinda threw me for a loop.
Yep, serious. I think it was actually the first time I spoke to Bandicoot, because I asked him whether assassination was against the rules. 🤔

To be entirely fair, it was after I started being pretty rude to poj after agreeing to meet her at 14 and realizing she was like, 35. Then I started letting Mark get in my head and sour me more.

But yeah, Andrew was very much a gun loving American who gave a January 6th vibe before that was even a thing.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Yep, serious. I think it was actually the first time I spoke to Bandicoot, because I asked him whether assassination was against the rules. 🤔

To be entirely fair, it was after I started being pretty rude to poj after agreeing to meet her at 14 and realizing she was like, 35. Then I started letting Mark get in my head and sour me more.

But yeah, Andrew was very much a gun loving American who gave a January 6th vibe before that was even a thing.
Ah...well now I kinda' hope he joins...for reasons... :) :)

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder

Wait… what did I do this time?

I'd like to put on record that I for one have never had the desire to shoot you Ben.

Except in Left 4 Dead. I shot you a lot in that.

You sure? He might take you to lunch in his limo.

Nirvana

GW Elder
I thought that was a familiar name. Welcome back!

Never had a Shinra username that I recall, but that was the name of my first Clan in C&C. And for a while my email was [email protected], so I guess that would have been my name on MSN and stuff.

Maj was around last year, but wasn't very active. poj was here too but same deal. I/O I could care less about, mostly because he went far right and seriously threatened to shoot me at one point, which tends to put a damper on a friendship. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Since you were part of that group, do you happen to remember the other Mark who played with us? I want to say his AIM handle was was Zantoro or something with a Z. 🤔

Damn ok I do remember your email but I know you had another name for a while and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. It was after bental and before Blind Guardian.

Holy shit, guess I'm not that shocked I/O went far right, he kinda had that vibe to him even back in the day before that was even a thing.

I actually still talk to Mark regularly and we play WoW together haha. I'll have to try and get him on here.

Good to hear from all yall, glad you're all still alive!

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
That didn’t actually surprise me

Well, I/O was in that group of people that always talked on the messenger platforms back then, so I talked to him fairly often. The gun-toting ‘Murican thing doesn’t surprise me in the least, it’s the threats against Ben that surprise me. Crossing that line into threats sounds far for someone that used to make fun of others for taking forum drama/the internet too seriously.

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
Well, I/O was in that group of people that always talked on the messenger platforms back then, so I talked to him fairly often. The gun-toting ‘Murican thing doesn’t surprise me in the least, it’s the threats against Ben that surprise me. Crossing that line into threats sounds far for someone that used to make fun of others for taking forum drama/the internet too seriously.
I vaguely remember him liking to show off how tough a guy he was, even when it seemed over the line. I never interacted with him off the forums, so I never knew if it was an act or not

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
GameWinners.com Forums; http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums
Private Message Dump For User Blind Guardian; May 2nd, 2004 10:02 PM

################################################################################
FOLDER: Inbox
################################################################################

================================================================================
To: Blind Guardian
Date: 2004-04-14 04:43
Title: Bye
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still have your address written down.

See you later.

================================================================================

I thought I had more saved, but can't find those.

Still very much accept that I could be a twat at times back then, but passing "death threats from a fascist" level deserves a badge of something. 🤔

Last edited:

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder

Still very much accept that I could be a twat at times back the, but passing "death threats from a fascist" level deserves a badge of something. 🤔
Wow, what fucking moron. Glad nothing ever happened, but what an idiotic thing to say to someone.

Freedom of speech, until that speech impacts my agenda.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I vaguely remember him liking to show off how tough a guy he was, even when it seemed over the line. I never interacted with him off the forums, so I never knew if it was an act or not

Absolutely, there was a lot of bravado that was apparent back then with some of the older members like him. In the circle I saw him in most, I guess “condescending older brother” would have been the descriptor I would have went with, but I also heard several stories after people met up with and spent time with him that painted a picture more in line with what we’ve read here.

Still very much accept that I could be a twat at times back the, but passing "death threats from a fascist" level deserves a badge of something. 🤔

Fuck… what a weirdo, dude. It doesn’t matter if you’re a dick or not, crossing that line into threats is not cool. If someone irks you enough to consider violence online MAYBE you should reevaluate whether or not you need anger management.

Adam

GW Elder
What a blast from the past! Recognize most of the names here. I joined the forums in 2003 when I was 14. Good times in the Majora's Mask forum. The hand drawn nudes were a trip lol! I was very surprised when I passed a mod vote for Clubs and Clans. A lot of fun in there too. Dark Angels Club and Avalanche. Maniacal Chocobo was one of the funniest guys on that site. Eye In the Sky as well. Anyways, nice to see a revived site!

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
What a blast from the past! Recognize most of the names here. I joined the forums in 2003 when I was 14. Good times in the Majora's Mask forum. The hand drawn nudes were a trip lol! I was very surprised when I passed a mod vote for Clubs and Clans. A lot of fun in there too. Dark Angels Club and Avalanche. Maniacal Chocobo was one of the funniest guys on that site. Eye In the Sky as well. Anyways, nice to see a revived site!
Welcome aboard, good to have another veteran back with us :)

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
Pretty sure I was in both of those clubs? Can't remember. I modded C&C for too long to remember but maybe we modded it together at some point.

Was your name Adam back then? I had way too many but was always best known as Alu.

Adam

GW Elder
Pretty sure I was in both of those clubs? Can't remember. I modded C&C for too long to remember but maybe we modded it together at some point.

Was your name Adam back then? I had way too many but was always best known as Alu.

I think it might of been you who put me up for the mod vote. Or maybe Apollo. I honestly don't know for sure who did. It was a big surprise. But yeah, I was Adam in there. And pretty sure you were in those clubs too. I had the music club and was one of the few who had 15,000 posts. Certainly not the flex we thought it was. I think Jamie got over 20K last I saw. Maybe The Greatest Master. Memories foggy here too.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
I think it might of been you who put me up for the mod vote. Or maybe Apollo. I honestly don't know for sure who did. It was a big surprise. But yeah, I was Adam in there. And pretty sure you were in those clubs too. I had the music club and was one of the few who had 15,000 posts. Certainly not the flex we thought it was. I think Jamie got over 20K last I saw. Maybe The Greatest Master. Memories foggy here too.
It couldn't have been me for C&C, I never modded that forum, I'm afraid :)

As for 20k posts, yeah, we managed to get a fair few over 20k by the end, with Jamie and Kat skyrocketing up before the end :)

1718587542963.png

Adam

GW Elder
It couldn't have been me for C&C, I never modded that forum, I'm afraid :)

As for 20k posts, yeah, we managed to get a fair few over 20k by the end, with Jamie and Kat skyrocketing up before the end :)

View attachment 17185
Oh dang, just noticed you're Apollo! Well I know I saw your name around a lot. So it stuck with me I guess. Incredible how much posts everyone had there in the end. I had quit the site a few years before it was shutdown. Would of expected tworrow to be on that list. Seemed like he lived on those forums 😂

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Oh dang, just noticed you're Apollo! Well I know I saw your name around a lot. So it stuck with me I guess.
All good, lol, I was a round a lot back then, particularly after getting bumped up to Smod and then Admin.
Incredible how much posts everyone had there in the end. I had quit the site a few years before it was shutdown.
Yep, we had a lot of prolific posts, lol! We did have a lot of people quitting the site as the years rolled on and cheat codes and forums overall started to lose traction. That lack of a community really hit a lot of us, though, so here we are again, GWF as our new home and picking up where we all left off :)
Would of expected tworrow to be on that list. Seemed like he lived on those forums 😂
Yeah...he had his own little situation that made him leave, alongside Aphrodite.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
Yeah, I was going to gracefully leave that part out :D
My brain basically responds to things in gif form now, so that was the first thing that came through my consciousness.

Both Ben and guns? You do! He's in you!
I skipped this earlier, but...

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

... It's why I have 3 kids.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
lol, well it is one of the key moments in GW history, so quite deserving of the gif treatment :D
I still generally assume it was all for the attention and manipulative kicks.

If it were a case of them* feeling more comfortable as an Aphrodite than a tworow2, then that's certainly understandable in 2024-vision. Just would have been cool to not spring the condescending attitude with it all.

I always wondered what Noswal/Lawson truly felt about the whole matter. I think he was the only one who knew them personally. As far as I can recall he just kept pretty quiet about tworow in general.

*for the sake of not mispronouning, not to imply they were multiple people.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I still generally assume it was all for the attention and manipulative kicks.

If it were a case of them* feeling more comfortable as an Aphrodite than a tworow2, then that's certainly understandable in 2024-vision. Just would have been cool to not spring the condescending attitude with it all.

I always wondered what Noswal/Lawson truly felt about the whole matter. I think he was the only one who knew them personally. As far as I can recall he just kept pretty quiet about tworow in general.

*for the sake of not mispronouning, not to imply they were multiple people.

I thought it was Hawkeye/Justin and his brother who went to high school with him? They were the first ones post a yearbook picture, which he discredited, despite prior acknowledgment that he knew both of them in real life. It was like he tried to backtrack and act like he didn’t really know them and they were claiming the picture was him just to fuck with him.

• Hmm
Reactions: Ben
Back
Top Bottom