Post Your Game Ideas!

Can we tentatively slot me in to host my Simpsons game in mid January?
season 2 GIF

Tossing around ideas for the name - Infected, Viral, Contagion, etc.

There is a small island town where there is a contagion/virus outbreak.

Game would ideally have a large number of players, probably around 20.

One unlucky player would be patient zero. The virus wants to spread. There wouldn't be a "day" and "night" like wolf, but there would be day phases, probably lasting 24 hours. It would be an ongoing game, but there might be a short break in the middle of the day for the host to catch up.

The infected player starts off the first day, and at some point during the day (maybe decided by RNG, maybe by other factors like reaching a certain post count or other trigger), the infected player can either select one other player to infect or it might be one of the top posters or players from an RNG. The end game of the virus is to infect every living player.

Some roles I'm thinking of including are:
1. Some sort of Scientist who is working on a cure, maybe more than one scientist. There would be a system to determine if they find a vaccine. It may be something like they pick a number each day within a range, and if it matches the RNG for that day, then they produce a vaccine, and the number may dictate how effective the vaccine is.
2. Doctor who can prescribe the vaccine. There may be a game mechanic where the scientist has to figure out who the doctor is, and there would be a reason the doctor isn't going to just reveal themselves, like maybe if the doctor gets selected by the infected, they become sick and unable to use the vaccine or whatever.
3. Nurses who may work as protectors or seers. Not sure yet, but they would either be guarding a different player each day or determining if they are sick.
4. Sheriff who is trying to enforce quarantine. Would probably be a mix between judge and jailer.

Still thinking about game mechanics, like if after so many days, the other infected player will infect others (unbeknownst to them) if they are not quarantined or vaccinated.

Would this game be fun or does it hit too close to home with COVID?

Tossing around ideas for the name - Infected, Viral, Contagion, etc.

There is a small island town where there is a contagion/virus outbreak.

Game would ideally have a large number of players, probably around 20.

One unlucky player would be patient zero. The virus wants to spread. There wouldn't be a "day" and "night" like wolf, but there would be day phases, probably lasting 24 hours. It would be an ongoing game, but there might be a short break in the middle of the day for the host to catch up.

The infected player starts off the first day, and at some point during the day (maybe decided by RNG, maybe by other factors like reaching a certain post count or other trigger), the infected player can either select one other player to infect or it might be one of the top posters or players from an RNG. The end game of the virus is to infect every living player.

Some roles I'm thinking of including are:
1. Some sort of Scientist who is working on a cure, maybe more than one scientist. There would be a system to determine if they find a vaccine. It may be something like they pick a number each day within a range, and if it matches the RNG for that day, then they produce a vaccine, and the number may dictate how effective the vaccine is.
2. Doctor who can prescribe the vaccine. There may be a game mechanic where the scientist has to figure out who the doctor is, and there would be a reason the doctor isn't going to just reveal themselves, like maybe if the doctor gets selected by the infected, they become sick and unable to use the vaccine or whatever.
3. Nurses who may work as protectors or seers. Not sure yet, but they would either be guarding a different player each day or determining if they are sick.
4. Sheriff who is trying to enforce quarantine. Would probably be a mix between judge and jailer.

Still thinking about game mechanics, like if after so many days, the other infected player will infect others (unbeknownst to them) if they are not quarantined or vaccinated.

Would this game be fun or does it hit too close to home with COVID?
This sounds like an interesting twist on it.

How does the living team win? Do you "vote off" the infected somehow? Or is it possible to cure them to bring the numbers back up?

This sounds like an interesting twist on it.

How does the living team win? Do you "vote off" the infected somehow? Or is it possible to cure them to bring the numbers back up?
Isn't there a board game called.... Contagion? No... Pandemic? Something like that that has a similar concept?

So no one dies but you’re just trying to get everyone to your side if you are infected or to the cured side?

Right, I think lol. I don't have the mechanics exactly figured out. I think the success of the vaccine or whatever would be determined by RNG maybe.

I may do a run with just a few roles and most people being generic players.

I might put some thought into how to revive some of the other games we used to do, like versions of the amazing race and whatnot.
I love Survivor, and I'd be willing to have a think about how that could possible work on a forum.

I'd also play every game that's offered.

I love Survivor, and I'd be willing to have a think about how that could possible work on a forum.

I'd also play every game that's offered.
We did that A LOT in the old days. I made a version of it called Surviving the Lottery as well, where it worked the same way, but each vote has players randomized so you didn't know who you were voting for. Only way to be safe for sure was to win immunity.

Just making sure this would be fine. I'm nowhere near having something ready to kick off:

@Cole @Mark @Crystal if there were to be a game type that involved solving problems the quickest and sending the results to someone (figuring out who that someone was being part of the problem) would any of you be okay with being on the list of potential people who gets the PMs? Also if this sounds more like something up your alley to play, no worries, would welcome that and can get some others involved. Think in the style of the amazing race or survivor with challenges. Trying to come up with competitive games that don't involve deception.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Administrator
GW Elder
Just making sure this would be fine. I'm nowhere near having something ready to kick off:

@Cole @Mark @Crystal if there were to be a game type that involved solving problems the quickest and sending the results to someone (figuring out who that someone was being part of the problem) would any of you be okay with being on the list of potential people who gets the PMs? Also if this sounds more like something up your alley to play, no worries, would welcome that and can get some others involved. Think in the style of the amazing race or survivor with challenges. Trying to come up with competitive games that don't involve deception.
I'm on board with that, sure!

In the case of Survivor I'd be happy to be Jeff Probst and host rather than play?

Some more thoughts on how to get it brewing activity in a thread as well:

Every player gets some piece to the puzzle, but not nearly enough to figure it out on their own. They need to choose when and how much of that piece to share in order to try to be the first person to figure the whole thing out in order to gain immunity. It would involve teamwork to get the answer figured out, with only one person getting to take advantage of it. Voting would be done in secret with no side chats going (unless there are temporary teams, or unless it's an Amazing race style with two people per team).

Back
Top Bottom