Post Your Game Ideas!

Got an idea for a ruleset of a wolf game? Got a different style of game you want to play? We used to do the mole, survivor, and others.

Got something you need help fleshing out? Post it here. We all need some encouragement in these things, and this could help.

For instance, I've already mentioned this to @Cole but I have had an idea for about a decade now for a wolf game based on Monopoly. I've forgotten most of what I planned, unfortunately, but I'm happy to start fresh. Things like more than two possible teams (tokens vs. properties vs. railroads or something). I'd love to hear your ideas on what you would want to do with it and how I can work in the various elements like community chest and chance.

What do you have? Have any ideas you want done but don't want to host? What's up? Just post.

I have lots of ideas about Wolf based on different TV shows so that there could be a rich story surrounding the game but I don't have the capability to run a balanced wolf game (I don't think).
So it would be slightly more focused on a narrative in the gamerunner/narrators posts. I suppose it also gives people a little more to work with in terms of role playing a character.

I have an idea of one to run and may do so eventually. 16 players, four wolves, one independent. Five townies have roles, one Wolf has a very powerful role, independent is just out to win it. You can role claim, but you'll probably die as a result, PMs between players is allowed but do so at your own risk.

Blind Random Pick. No clue who is what, how many of any are, just that a list of roles exist and then that's that. Some rules could be put on number of a specific role there can be and how many or little wolves there can be.

Beyond that, I've been toying with the idea of fairly vanilla wolf, but with day and night modifiers that get pulled randomly that mix up the game. Blind voting, votes count twice, second most voted person is lynched, all voted people are lynched, first person to post "and" instead of "nads" dies, I'm leandros day, post limitations, and more. Just a few things I thought of and cared to type, but these are easily expanded.

Blind Random Pick. No clue who is what, how many of any are, just that a list of roles exist and then that's that. Some rules could be put on number of a specific role there can be and how many or little wolves there can be.

Beyond that, I've been toying with the idea of fairly vanilla wolf, but with day and night modifiers that get pulled randomly that mix up the game. Blind voting, votes count twice, second most voted person is lynched, all voted people are lynched, first person to post "and" instead of "nads" dies, I'm leandros day, post limitations, and more. Just a few things I thought of and cared to type, but these are easily expanded.
*Lenadsdros

I had a concept that had something like this built in before. I called it "Surviving the Lottery" and it played like a survivor game. One person could win immunity through some method, and then everyone had to vote. The catch was you voted a number, and the numbers were all randomly assigned to a player. Each vote you were randomly assigned a different number.

The only way you could guarantee being safe was by winning immunity.

I’ve been toying with a game similar to the podcast “are you garbage?” (Check it out, it’s great) have a user volunteer and answer basic questions for the background and then fire off the garbage q+a, ending in a declaration of if they’re classy or a big pile of trash.

Okay. I was putting some more thought into the Monopoly idea, and came to the conclusion that it needs to be a Mafia game specifically. I'll need to figure out what sort of roles would be included, but I did nail one down straight away.

Also, there will be 2 "dead" zones, but they function the same way. The town will act as a jury every day, and vote to convict (go directly to jail). At night, the Mafia will frame an innocent bystander who will also be sent to jail. Mr. Monopoly can't send you to jail, but he'll take all your stuff and you'll be homeless, having lost the game.

Making this more of a depression era game, when the Mafia was also especially rampant, the other "dead zone" will be Hooverville (shanty towns built during the great depression). This is where you'll go if Mr. Monopoly seizes your assets. This is also where you'll go if you're a townie who is put on trial (voted out by the other city folk) - unfortunately your lawyer fees were too high so you had all your stuff repossessed to pay for it all and now can only afford to live in Hooverville.

Mr. Monopoly
Mr. Monopoly is the representation of pure capitalism. He doesn't care about his community OR the Mafia. All he cares about is getting as much for himself as possible. His goal is to be the last one standing, owning the entire board to himself. Once per night he can perform a hostile takeover on one other player, seizing all of their assets and evicting them to Hooverville. Cannot be targeted by the Mafia because he has too much at his disposal to be able to be framed.

The Village
The player tokens will be villagers (or in this case "City Folk"). Need to figure out what roles might be in there, if any. For roles on the City Folk side though, we'll have

Chance Card(s)
One or two, haven't decided yet. Each night, they can issue a "Get out of Jail Free" card to a player of their choosing. This player will be protected from any night attacks. Once during the game this player may elect to use an "Advance to Go" card to prevent a lynching by sending that player into the night phase safely (PMs the DM), if this ability is used during the day, they cannot use their protection ability at night. (this might be better as two separate roles, but for now I'm leaving it written as one)

There's also the "Go Directly To Jail" card that's in this bucket, so this could also be broken out as the Vigilante role too.

Community Chest
I want some sort of "medium" style role in this game, and this set of cards has one that might work: "Bank Error in Your Favor: Collect $200" - This player communicates with the occupants of Hooverville, and once per game may issue the bank error. This will give that player enough money to come back into the game.

The Mafia
This side needs some work. Happy to take any suggestions here.

None of this is final (other than probably Mr. Monopoly). Just some ideas I've been tossing around.

edit: @Cole because I know you love Monopoly and probably have a bunch of useful thoughts here.

Last edited:
Okay. I was putting some more thought into the Monopoly idea, and came to the conclusion that it needs to be a Mafia game specifically. I'll need to figure out what sort of roles would be included, but I did nail one down straight away.

Also, there will be 2 "dead" zones, but they function the same way. The town will act as a jury every day, and vote to convict (go directly to jail). At night, the Mafia will frame an innocent bystander who will also be sent to jail. Mr. Monopoly can't send you to jail, but he'll take all your stuff and you'll be homeless, having lost the game.

Making this more of a depression era game, when the Mafia was also especially rampant, the other "dead zone" will be Hooverville (shanty towns built during the great depression). This is where you'll go if Mr. Monopoly seizes your assets. This is also where you'll go if you're a townie who is put on trial (voted out by the other city folk) - unfortunately your lawyer fees were too high so you had all your stuff repossessed to pay for it all and now can only afford to live in Hooverville.

Mr. Monopoly
Mr. Monopoly is the representation of pure capitalism. He doesn't care about his community OR the Mafia. All he cares about is getting as much for himself as possible. His goal is to be the last one standing, owning the entire board to himself. Once per night he can perform a hostile takeover on one other player, seizing all of their assets and evicting them to Hooverville. Cannot be targeted by the Mafia because he has too much at his disposal to be able to be framed.

The Village
The player tokens will be villagers (or in this case "City Folk"). Need to figure out what roles might be in there, if any. For roles on the City Folk side though, we'll have

Chance Card(s)
One or two, haven't decided yet. Each night, they can issue a "Get out of Jail Free" card to a player of their choosing. This player will be protected from any night attacks. Once during the game this player may elect to use an "Advance to Go" card to prevent a lynching by sending that player into the night phase safely (PMs the DM), if this ability is used during the day, they cannot use their protection ability at night. (this might be better as two separate roles, but for now I'm leaving it written as one)

There's also the "Go Directly To Jail" card that's in this bucket, so this could also be broken out as the Vigilante role too.

Community Chest
I want some sort of "medium" style role in this game, and this set of cards has one that might work: "Bank Error in Your Favor: Collect $200" - This player communicates with the occupants of Hooverville, and once per game may issue the bank error. This will give that player enough money to come back into the game.

The Mafia
This side needs some work. Happy to take any suggestions here.

None of this is final (other than probably Mr. Monopoly). Just some ideas I've been tossing around.

edit: @Cole because I know you love Monopoly and probably have a bunch of useful thoughts here.
I'm not gonna be near my PC much today, but if I get the chance to say or tomorrow, I'll post some thoughts.

it's an interesting idea for sure.

Okay, an idea for the Mafia roles I just thought of: the retired pieces from the original lineup. They used to be part of the system, but have become outcasts doing what they must to get by. Those include:

• The Iron
  • The Boot
  • The Cannon
  • The Horse & Rider (alternatively the Moneybag)

The Horse & Rider could potentially be a "Scout" for the team (acting similar to a detective). The cannon could be a member with an extra solo kill once per game. Not sure on the Iron or Boot yet.

Still a long way to go here, but I'm liking how this is coming so far.

Okay, an idea for the Mafia roles I just thought of: the retired pieces from the original lineup. They used to be part of the system, but have become outcasts doing what they must to get by. Those include:

• The Iron
  • The Boot
  • The Cannon
  • The Horse & Rider (alternatively the Moneybag)

The Horse & Rider could potentially be a "Scout" for the team (acting similar to a detective). The cannon could be a member with an extra solo kill once per game. Not sure on the Iron or Boot yet.

Still a long way to go here, but I'm liking how this is coming so far.
What about the hat? That was my favorite monopoly piece. In the NES game, it moved around the board by having half a bunny come out and hop around

What about the hat? That was my favorite monopoly piece. In the NES game, it moved around the board by having half a bunny come out and hop around
The hat is still an active token, so it will be a City Folk role.

Essentially:

City Folk = Active Tokens
Mafia = Retired Tokens

Chance and Community Chest are roles somewhere as well.

Iron or Boot could be used as some form of Mafia torture device
I like this idea better than the Horse and Rider actually. Can torture a confession out of someone to reveal their role and/or prevent them from taking a night action that night.

Then, instead of the Horse & Rider, I'd have the Money Bag in there. Their power would allow them to bribe the jury and prevent a lynching (guilty verdict) one time in the game.

Okay, another idea thanks to the Zell v4 sign-up thread. Always Sunny wolf.

I really just want to have a Charlie "Wild Card" role, where my first thought was: He has a number of abilities that he can use once, but he doesn't understand what any of them are so he's not sure what he's doing when he targets someone. If he targets The Waitress he dies.

Dennis is the SK, because of the implications.

Frank is the vigilante and doesn't care who he shoots. Can win with either team so long as he doesn't get killed himself.

Day Man is the protector.

Night Man is the head wolf.

Etc. etc. Really I just want the freaking wildcard role.

Edit:

Yeah. I want this for the Wild Card and the RK Frank. Need to figure out what powers would go with the wild card and how it would work.

RK is simpler: kills indiscriminately at night. One entire side needs to be eliminated. Meaning if there are 4 wolves and 3 townies plus Frank, the three townies would still need to be killed for the RK to also win. While this might seem impossible to come back from for the townies: townie attempted lynch by the wolves, "Flower Child" like role saves them, RK kills a wolf that night and "Doctor" protects the targeted townie. Yeah it's not likely, but that would be fun.

Last edited:
Okay, some more thoughts on the Always Sunny Wolf.

Townie Roles:

Charlie: in addition to being the wildcard (random abilities TBD), is a master of bird law and therefore know whoever Dee targets. Unfortunately he can't understand the results.

Dee: is a bird and therefore able to see things.

Random Mac Role:
Country Mac: can do an ocular pat down to see if you're good or evil
Karate Mac: can defend himself or someone else successfully once
Fat Mac?

Cricket: Cricket is a priest. He can throw holy water on a wolf to kill it. Unfortunately, if he picks wrong he begins a downward spiral. Every subsequent night he will get a fellow townie addicted to crack. That townie will be unable to use their powers until Cricket is dead. The town can still win with drug addict Cricket around.

Frank: vigilante (see above)

The Day Man: Protector of the sun. Protects a townie at night.

McPoyles: No one really likes them, but they all know who the rest of the McPoyles are and are technically allied with the town. (maybe not include them, since they actually are against the gang)

Wolf Roles:

The Troll - you must pay the troll toll, if you do not give the troll a boy's soul, he will take one on his own. If a townie is not lynched, the troll can kill at night. This means no lynch or a lynch of a wolf that isn't the troll will result in the troll toll being paid overnight.

The Night Man - he cometh. He can see what's happening at night and can target people to learn what they do. If he targets the Day Man he may choose to kill him the next night, but will sacrifice his seeing power for the rest of the game.

Random Killer
:
Dennis

Game idea is an Australian themed game where the wolves are dingos. That's as far as I've got. Not sure whether the villagers could all be babies and the dingoes are trying to "steal" them... Or whether that's in bad taste.
Though that story may not be known outside of Australia
season 6 phone GIF

Game idea is an Australian themed game where the wolves are dingos. That's as far as I've got. Not sure whether the villagers could all be babies and the dingoes are trying to "steal" them... Or whether that's in bad taste.
Though that story may not be known outside of Australia
Incorporate drop bears.

Have it be the armed forces vs. emus.

People vs. animals: dingos + drop bears + emus vs. the town

The tourist: sight seer. Seer role. If they find the drop bear they get to frightened and lose their ability to see for the rest of the game.

The Gunner: can shoot players. If they shoot the emu they surrender and both players are out of the game.

Last edited:
Incorporate drop bears.

Have it be the armed forces vs. emus.

People vs. animals: dingos + drop bears + emus vs. the town

The tourist: sight seer. Seer role. If they find the drop bear they get to frightened and lose their ability to see for the rest of the game.

The Gunner: can shoot players. If they shoot the emu they surrender and both players are out of the game.
I can’t believe you forgot kangaroos and all the deadly animals

GIF by Beeld en Geluid

My idea is centered mostly around Simpsons-themed, I gave it some thought and when my life calms down a bit I may give it a try. I'll share now since I have some time.

It would need some refinement but high level initial ideas:

Town:
Homer - Some kind of day vote ability, still tbd
Marge - Doctorish type, cannot protect same person back to back, learns baddie ID through successful protection of one of the kids
Bart - Kills with slingshot
Lisa - Seer type, can detect if a night action was completed
Maggie - One bullet in one gun, can take out mr burns immediately if he's the target
Grandpa - Seer type, tries to remember something about that person, is given character details which may narrow it down or give an exact ID depending what is remembered (rng 1-3, 1 being barely useful, 2 being semi useful, 3 being very useful)
Ned/Mod Flanders - Know who eachother are, no special powers
Chief Wiggum - If Ralph is killed by the baddies, learns the identity of a baddie, if Ralph is killed by the town, learns identity of a townie
Ralph Wiggum - You're Ralph, you're not very useful

Others dependant on # of ppl signed up, possibly drawn from a random pool

Baddies:
Mr Burns - Uses his wealth to learn someones direct identity once per night. Can not be killed until Smithers is eliminated, Maggie can bypass this.
Smithers - Is loyal to Mr Burns, his only purpose is to try to keep Burns alive.
Snake - Career criminal employed by Mr Burns. Will not go down without a fight, taking down one of those that killed him with him.
Fat Tony - Once per game at any time, can send a PM to me to share players they would wish to skew the voting on. Votes can either count for 0, 1, or 2 and this is up to Fat Tony at the time of PM.

Others dependant on # of ppl signed up, possibly drawn from a random pool

Solo:
Hank Scorpio - Cannot be killed except by lynching. Scorpio has 15 abilities in his arsenal. At night, 3 of the 15 are randomly selected and sent to Scorpio who can then choose 1 of the 3. Wins by being the last alive.

Last edited:
Okay, another idea thanks to the Zell v4 sign-up thread. Always Sunny wolf.

I really just want to have a Charlie "Wild Card" role, where my first thought was: He has a number of abilities that he can use once, but he doesn't understand what any of them are so he's not sure what he's doing when he targets someone. If he targets The Waitress he dies.

Dennis is the SK, because of the implications.

Frank is the vigilante and doesn't care who he shoots. Can win with either team so long as he doesn't get killed himself.

Day Man is the protector.

Night Man is the head wolf.

Etc. etc. Really I just want the freaking wildcard role.

Edit:

Yeah. I want this for the Wild Card and the RK Frank. Need to figure out what powers would go with the wild card and how it would work.

RK is simpler: kills indiscriminately at night. One entire side needs to be eliminated. Meaning if there are 4 wolves and 3 townies plus Frank, the three townies would still need to be killed for the RK to also win. While this might seem impossible to come back from for the townies: townie attempted lynch by the wolves, "Flower Child" like role saves them, RK kills a wolf that night and "Doctor" protects the targeted townie. Yeah it's not likely, but that would be fun.

Okay, some more thoughts on the Always Sunny Wolf.

Townie Roles:

Charlie: in addition to being the wildcard (random abilities TBD), is a master of bird law and therefore know whoever Dee targets. Unfortunately he can't understand the results.

Dee: is a bird and therefore able to see things.

Random Mac Role:
Country Mac: can do an ocular pat down to see if you're good or evil
Karate Mac: can defend himself or someone else successfully once
Fat Mac?

Cricket: Cricket is a priest. He can throw holy water on a wolf to kill it. Unfortunately, if he picks wrong he begins a downward spiral. Every subsequent night he will get a fellow townie addicted to crack. That townie will be unable to use their powers until Cricket is dead. The town can still win with drug addict Cricket around.

Frank: vigilante (see above)

The Day Man: Protector of the sun. Protects a townie at night.

McPoyles: No one really likes them, but they all know who the rest of the McPoyles are and are technically allied with the town. (maybe not include them, since they actually are against the gang)

Wolf Roles:

The Troll - you must pay the troll toll, if you do not give the troll a boy's soul, he will take one on his own. If a townie is not lynched, the troll can kill at night. This means no lynch or a lynch of a wolf that isn't the troll will result in the troll toll being paid overnight.

The Night Man - he cometh. He can see what's happening at night and can target people to learn what they do. If he targets the Day Man he may choose to kill him the next night, but will sacrifice his seeing power for the rest of the game.

Random Killer:
Dennis
I put some more thought into this earlier. The "Day Crew" will always be there, and some combination of the Day Man, Charlie, Dee, Random Mac, and Cricket, with the loose alliance with Frank.

The baddies will be ONE of:
The Night Crew, headed by the Night Man, along with The Troll and some others TBD (maybe just regular night crew members)
OR
The McPoyles

They'll have different sets of powers, and it's randomized which ones will be in a game. The Day Crew won't know until one of the night crew is killed or an obvious ability is used.

Dennis is still the RK.

Reactions: TD
can even make it one person, a la Jekyll and Hyde. During the day they can Dr. Nick someone via PM to kill them and at night they can protect from a baddie kill
I like that idea too.

In terms of Dr Nick I also toyed with the idea of his protection being successful, failing, or outright killing his protection target too.

Cause we know.. Dr Nick.

Just thought of something that could be amusing. A game with, without, little or many special roles, but with possibly extraewolves.The kicker is that the wolves like townies also have no idea who their furry friends are. Wolves do get their kill, but it is done via plurality of votes sent to the gm. In any case of a tie, the wolves fail miserably to break into their victims house and no kill is done that night. You probably might need to have a wolf seer that can potentially rally them together.

That also makes me wonder if a blind vanilla game of wolf would work with wolf kill going through with plurality. None would know if they are a townie or a wolf, but everyone sends in a vote to kill someone at night and between wolf plurality a kill is done. Or maybe just a random wolf vote rolled by the gm will work. You'd have both open votes during the day and blind votes during the night that people may or may not share during the day to try to weed out wolves. I'm kind of wondering if it would be feasible to have the votes of no kill nights work as pre-existing votes for the next night that could reset after a kill or potentially keep stacking until the end of the game.

Idk. I like random things and picks.

Okay, so based on shit post thread we should get a video game series of these as well:

Nintendo:
The Legend of Zelda Wolf
Mario Wolf (can also do things like Super Mario RPG version where Bowser is actually on the good team)

Playstation:
Final Fantasy?
Portal (I did play this and enjoyed the shit out of it...can get creative with the portal gun)

I dunno, suggest some shit. I haven't played games in forever.

• Love
Reactions: TD
Back