Post Your Game Ideas!

For instance, I've already mentioned this to @Cole but I have had an idea for about a decade now for a wolf game based on Monopoly. I've forgotten most of what I planned, unfortunately, but I'm happy to start fresh. Things like more than two possible teams (tokens vs. properties vs. railroads or something). I'd love to hear your ideas on what you would want to do with it and how I can work in the various elements like community chest and chance.
So I have a huge archive of stuff from the old forums, and it includes a lot, if not all, of the mafia games I was apart of. Unfortunately they're .html files so they're really difficult to read, but one of which is the Monopoly game. I think you were the one who ran it, but maybe you forgot? If you'd like I could PM you the roles and community chest powers it had.
Think that was the only game I remember a duo role ever winning because it was me and canadaguy as Park Place and Boardwalk. Guarantee he probably carried that team if I were to reread everything :chuckle

When I went through my old GW folder I found a word doc where I was brainstorming ideas for a Breaking Bad game I was going to run at some point. Must have been based on season 1 or something because the godfather was Tuco and Walt had a doctor type role. Not sure if I'm going to be running any games soon so anyone's free to take the idea, but thought I'd mention it. Surprised it hadn't been done before.

So I have a huge archive of stuff from the old forums, and it includes a lot, if not all, of the mafia games I was apart of. Unfortunately they're .html files so they're really difficult to read, but one of which is the Monopoly game. I think you were the one who ran it, but maybe you forgot? If you'd like I could PM you the roles and community chest powers it had.
Think that was the only game I remember a duo role ever winning because it was me and canadaguy as Park Place and Boardwalk. Guarantee he probably carried that team if I were to reread everything :chuckle

When I went through my old GW folder I found a word doc where I was brainstorming ideas for a Breaking Bad game I was going to run at some point. Must have been based on season 1 or something because the godfather was Tuco and Walt had a doctor type role. Not sure if I'm going to be running any games soon so anyone's free to take the idea, but thought I'd mention it. Surprised it hadn't been done before.
Please do!

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder

how huge is the archive? and how is it formatted? like are threads labeled? could you like... Google drive it?

how huge is the archive? and how is it formatted? like are threads labeled? could you like... Google drive it?
Back when the forums were going down I went and saved threads I liked page by page. I wasn't even sure how html files worked at the time (still don't to be honest), but my folders basically looked like this. I remember when I first saved them it would open up to look just like the online page, but nowadays it's all ugly.

I've never really fucked around with Google Drive at all so...maybe? Honestly after going back to look at this stuff it's like 90% mafia games and Pokemon RPG threads, but there's some other stuff in there.

1693187290843.png

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
Back when the forums were going down I went and saved threads I liked page by page. I wasn't even sure how html files worked at the time (still don't to be honest), but my folders basically looked like this. I remember when I first saved them it would open up to look just like the online page, but nowadays it's all ugly.

I've never really fucked around with Google Drive at all so...maybe? Honestly after going back to look at this stuff it's like 90% mafia games and Pokemon RPG threads, but there's some other stuff in there.

View attachment 2541
Alu is saying you and I won that one

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder

View attachment 2541
I'd be curious to see Any mafia games I was in.

zip up all the files and tell me how big it is? if it's just htmls it would be HARD to be too big for Google drive.

I'd be curious to see Any mafia games I was in.

zip up all the files and tell me how big it is? if it's just htmls it would be HARD to be too big for Google drive.
The entire GameWinners folder that I have the archived files saved in is only like 260ish MB, including some screenshots of the end times and such. So yeah it could definitely fit no problem. But there's a lot of stuff I'd have to organize because half the folder isn't labeled by thread and some of it is random PM conversations. (Frantic saving from not knowing when the site would go down and then I never went through it later)

Here were the rules from when I ran a 35 person Monopoly Mafia game. Dear lord we had big games on the old forums.

Monopoly: Mafia Edition
Recently, childhood favorite games have been coming to life; Monopoly, Clue, and even the Game of Life are all now real places where real people live. Things were going well for a while, but unfortunately, like in large cities, the mafia has begun to show up. The once peaceful land of monopoly is now at risk thanks to the vengeful actions of the constantly ignored Thimble, and his speedy companion the Car. Along with this trouble, some of the wealthier members of town feel they are superior, and want to own the entirety of Monopoly. Boardwalk and Park Place have formed an alliance to rid the city of everyone but themselves; the ever greedy Rich Uncle Pennybags wishes to own it to himself, and will stop at nothing to evict every last person and jail every mafia member. Meanwhile, the homeowners and hotel managers are left in the middle of this, innocents just trying to live their lives. To help them, they have The Top Hat as their elected official, who makes important executive decisions; Scottie, the ever reliable hound who can sniff out the wrongdoers; and the Mounty, who is doing his best to serve and protect, by arresting any person who is acting suspiciously. These people have all formed an alliance to rid their town of mafia members and the rich who are trying to evict them. It is up to them to save Monopoly...

Townies
The Top Hat:
As the most prestigious hat in the game, and most people's favorite piece, the Top Hat is the Mayor of Monopoly. Whenever there is a crisis, the homeowners look to him for guidance, and should the event of a tie happen in the game, he reserves the right to make the final call on whom to lynch. In addition, twice throughout the game, The Top Hat may PM the host and stop a lynch from happening. On these days, no lynch would be made.​

Scottie:
Another fan favorite, Scottie the dog. Like most dogs, you like getting your nose in things and getting down to business. Throughout the game, you will be able to inconspicuously sniff out people's roles. However, since you are a dog, you can't speak english and no one else will know what you have discovered. Its up to you to do what you can to convince others of your findings. If you investigate the same person twice, you will see their exact role, and not just what side they are on.​

The Mountie:
Displaced from his native home of Canada, this Mountie has found a place for himself in the land of Monopoly. Immediately the townspeople were trusting of such a figure, and gave him the power to arrest those who are up to no good. Five times throughout the game you will be able to arrest (remove from the game) players whom you feel are a risk to the community; you also have the ability to put people in a holding cell over night, protecting them from being taken by the mafia (you may not save yourself). You may EITHER arrest someone, OR put someone in a holding cell for protection (while a player is in the holding cell they will not be able to perform their night action should they have one). If you successfully save someone from the mafia, you will lose one of your kills. If the Car saves the mafia member you targeted, you will not lose an arrest.​

The Hotel Managers:
Once you put up some nice hotels, the money starts coming in. If you manage to get these up, you'll be all set for the rest of your days. These are the elite of the home owners, and being the elite, they know who each other are.​

Home Owners:
These are the regular residents of Monopoly. They have their very own nice little green house, and a lot of their own to inhabit.

Mafia
The Thimble:
Often Neglected, this piece is out to seek its revenge, no longer will it go unnoticed in the world of Monopoly. It has put together a group of goons to destroy the land and cause all of its inhabitants to go bankrupt. It will not stop until the mafia owns all the money and has foreclosed all land. This is the Mafia Boss, he has the tie-breaker vote should the occasion arise. As the boss of the mafia, you are better hidden than the others; if Scottie investigates you, you will appear as a townie. If Scottie investigates you twice, your true role will be revealed to him.​

The Bad Cop:
Go Directly to Jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Throughout the game this player will have the opportunity to select townies that can be "arrested for a turn". During this turn, they will not be able to post, and if they do, it will result in permanently being arrested (out of the game). The Bad Cop may not use his ability on other Mafia Members.​

The Car:
Every good mafia needs a fast and reliable getaway car. Its what they use when they need to run from the scene of a crime. You act as a Mafia Doctor; when the Mountie comes to make an arrest, you can be a savior. You may send a PM in each night selecting who you wish to save, it may not be yourself.

Neutral Roles
Rich Uncle Pennybags:
As the richest person around, Rich Uncle Pennybags has no risk of going bankrupt and just likes to play with his money. He can use it to help the townspeople out or to hurt them. Throughout the game he is just wreaking constant havoc, and is a neutral Assassin. Neither Mafia nor a Townsperson, he can bankrupt people at will, but only 5 times throughout the game; you may not use this ability two days in a row. He may win the game on his own, or if it comes down to just him and Boardwalk and Park Place; but being as rich as he is, should the second scenario arise, he will merely buy out the two dark blue pieces and win alone.​

Boardwalk:
If you get this lot, you are the king of Monopoly, especially when in conjuncture with Park Place. His goal is to be the in charge of Monopoly, with no one else around. He is working with the mafia, and will appear as a regular mafia member should he be sniffed out by Scottie. He wins should the game come down to just him and Park Place.​

Park Place:
Not as extravagant as Boardwalk, but close enough. This player will appear as a regular townie to everyone but Boardwalk. The only way for Park Place to win is to be the last one standing with Boardwalk.

Community Chest
Much like in the game itself, these cards can be a blessing or a curse. Every day phase, a random number generator will be used to select a player who is still alive; if this player is the first to vote, or first to be voted for, a Community Chest card will be given out. It will be announced that a Community Chest card has been given out, and the player who made the vote will receive a PM saying what the card details are. This card may be used at any point in the game, except when said otherwise in the PM.

Community Chest Options:
Get out of Jail Free Card (you'll be saved from being lynched)
Bank Error in Your Favor (one vote against you will be removed in the final tally)
Second Prize in a Beauty Contest (votes cast to you will be changed to someone of your picking out of being ogled too much)
Collect $50 from Every Player (Collect other players votes and distribute them how you please, via PM)
Go to Jail (you can't post in the next day phase)
Pay Poor Tax (you start the day off with a vote against you)
Make General Repairs on Your Property (you can voice your opinion, but not vote)
Take a Ride on the Reading (The train drives you out of town, you are out of the game)​

So I have been working on my Dingo game idea but I think I would now call it "Australian Dingo: Predator vs Prey"

I have put some work into fleshing out roles but would really love some feedback from everyone in the development phase. In terms of game notes:
  • I would start with a Night 0 but only a shortened list of roles may use their powers.
  • DMs strictly banned, no screenshotting either.
  • Days: 24 hours
  • Nights: 12 hours
  • Night 1 actions completed via the number system we have been using
  • Unlimited vote changes but only votes in bold will count.
  • I would need a mod to close threads for me if they were to close at an odd time or if I have been held up at work, alternatively everyone operates on an honour system and stops posting at the appropriate time
  • There will be a discussion/dead forum. Again I would need @Mark to help out with this if I get the game going.
  • Ideally 16 players, 11 prey, 4 predators, 1 solo. Alternatively can go smaller or break that down 10, 5, 1 etc.
  • Dingo and Joey role are the only two guarantees as the whole dingo stole my baby thing started me down this rabbit hole.

Winning Conditions:

Prey: Kill all predators and all solitary animals (except where they have joined team).

Predators: Kill solitary animals (except where they have joined team). Once the Predators make up half the total players the predators win, except if the Joey and Dingo both remain.

Solitary Animals: As stated in roles.

Roles/Teams:

Prey:

TeamRoleAnimal InstinctsZell Game EquivalentDescription
PreyKangarooPrey-Can't remember the Joey's name. However is desperately trying to find it. At night can nominate a player to check. If that player is the Joey they will be reunited via DM, if the player isn't the Joey the Kangaroo will receive no further info and must keep searching.
PreyWhite IbisPreyAura SeerAt night, can nominate one player they wish to see the animal instinct of that player. As noted in the role descriptions not all animals on the Prey team present as such when the Ibis uses their animal instincts.
PreyKookaburraPreyLoudmouthAll seeing, always laughing. The Kookaburra loves nothing more than having fun at others expense. Can nominate one player to have their role revealed publicly on the Kookaburra's death. Nominated via PM and can be changed at any point.
PreyPlatypusPrey-Is the only player able to stop the Great White Shark's blood sense. Once per game may nominate to clean the waters, they do so via DM and must successfully pick a member of the predator team. Example: I choose to clean the waters and nominate XXX as a predator. If succesful the water will be cleaned, the town will also be notified that the clean was successful. If unsuccessful the platypus may no longer take part in lynch votes.
PreyMagpieUnknown-Magpies swoop and boy are they pricks. No one knows whether they are evil or not. Each night is able to swoop a player, that player is now injured. If a player is swooped for a second time they are now dead. Can not swoop the Joey, the Kookaburra or the Box Jellyfish.
PreyJoeyPrey-No powers, however knows which player has the Kangaroo role as it's mother.
PreyWombatPreyBodyguard (sort of)At night can nominate one player to take back to its burrow for protection. Wombat protection can only work twice. If succesful in defending a target the wombat will be informed of the role, but not player, that attacked (in the case of the predator vote they will be informed as such). Once twice successful in defending a player the wombat becomes powerless prey. Protects against all night attacks.
PreyKoalaPreyPriestWhile being cute and cuddly they are often infested with chlamydia. The koala can scratch a player with its claws during the day in an attempt to give it chlamydia. Their role will be announced to everyone when used as use requires a post in thread of "XXXX scratches YYYY" if the player splashes a Predator or Solitary Animal that player dies, if the target is on the Prey team the Koala is culled.
PreyPossumPreyFarmerOften killed by domestic cats left out at night, the possum is the least powerful member of the prey team and as such has no powers.
PreyQuokkaPreySheriffCan watch a player at night. If the player watched is killed by the predators the Quokka will be given two suspects for this death, one will be the lowest ranked remaining predator and the other a random prey.
PreyEchidnaUnknown-Spikey little fellas, they're slow moving but all seeing. At night, can nominate a player to check their role however doesn't receive the result of this check until during the next day phase. If killed before receiving their result the result of their check will be passed to the Joey (if still alive).
PreyTasmanian DevilPreyBell RingerDistantly related to the Tasmanian Tiger, the Tasmanian Devil has the ability to select two players to watch, if either of those players dies the living players role will be revealed to the Tasmanian Devil. One successful use only.
PreyTasmanian TigerUnknownMediumHas been extinct for many years however many still offer rewards if you can find proof of them living. At night, can speak with the dead in a dead forum. Can revive any dead player (except the Joey) once per game via nomination at night via PM.

Predators:
Predator RankTeamRoleAnimal InstinctZell Game EquivalentDescription
1​
PredatorBox JellyfishPredatorWolf AvengerThe deadliest of all Australian animals can only be killed via lynch or day attacks. Can take another player to the grave with them, this is nominated via PM prior to death and can be nominated at any time.
2​
PredatorFunnel Web SpiderUnknown-Once per night can creep its way into another players den and find their exact role, done via PM. Can vote with other wolf players however in the case of a tiebreaker being required their vote is removed.
3​
PredatorGreat White SharkPredatorBerserker WolfOnce per game activates its ability to sense blood in the water (must be activated during the day). The predators normal nightly kill is guaranteed however everyone is alerted that there is a shark in the water. Sense is active until either the Great White is killed or the water cleaned by the Platypus
4​
PredatorCommon Death AdderUnknownWolf TricksterCan select any non-predator player, can change the selected player at any point via DM. If the nominated player dies by any method except predator kill or Crocodile Death Roll the dead player will appear as the Death Adder and the Death Adder will take on the animal instinct and team status of the dead player.
5​
PredatorSaltwater CrocodilePredator-Once per game at night can nominate a player to put in a death roll, that player now has two day phases to live. The only way to save a player from the death roll is for the Crocodile to be lynched. Can not vote with other predators on nightly kills.
If the Crocodile attacks the following roles it will also die at the end of it's death roll: Dingo, Tasmanian Tiger & Daddy Long Legs Spider
6​
PredatorCane ToadPredator-The most useless thing ever brought to Australia, literally told to kill them at night in Queensland. The lowest ranked predator they can vote but have no other powers

Solitary Animals:
TeamRoleAnimal InstinctZell Game EquivalentDescription
Solitary AnimalDingoUnknown-The dingo's win objective is to find and snatch the joey from it's mother. Sends their attempted snatch at any point by DM to me in the form of Dingo snatches XXXX. If the snatch is successful the game is over and the Dingo has won. If the target is incorrect the Dingo is culled. If the Joey is killed by prey lynch while the Dingo is still alive they join the Predator team and win with them. If the Joey is killed by the Predator team while the Dingo is still alive they join the Prey team and win with them.
Solitary AnimalDaddy Long Legs SpiderUnknownFoolLots of silly rumours exist about these guys have the most potent venom of any spider in Australia but just can't bite, really they are nothing to fear and are good for getting rid of other insects. Wins the game by being successfully lynched during the day. Loses in all other scenarios and if they are last alive the Prey win.

Please give me all the feedback you have, how can I balance it, is there roles that need tweaking, issues that are too easily exploited. I'd like to have the game.

So I have been working on my Dingo game idea but I think I would now call it "Australian Dingo: Predator vs Prey"

I have put some work into fleshing out roles but would really love some feedback from everyone in the development phase. In terms of game notes:
  • I would start with a Night 0 but only a shortened list of roles may use their powers.
  • I would need a mod to close threads for me if they were to close at an odd time or if I have been held up at work, alternatively everyone operates on an honour system and stops posting at the appropriate time
  • There will be a discussion/dead forum. Again I would need @Mark to help out with this if I get the game going.
  • Ideally 16 players, 11 prey, 4 predators, 1 solo. Alternatively can go smaller or break that down 10, 5, 1 etc.
  • Dingo and Joey role are the only two guarantees as the whole dingo stole my baby thing started me down this rabbit hole.

Winning Conditions:

Prey: Kill all predators and all solitary animals (except where they have joined team).

Predators: Kill solitary animals (except where they have joined team). Once the Predators make up half the total players the predators win, except if the Joey and Dingo both remain.

Roles/Teams:

Prey:

PreyKangarooPrey-Can't remember the Joey's name. However is desperately trying to find it. At night can nominate a player to check. If that player is the Joey they will be reunited via DM, if the player isn't the Joey the Kangaroo will receive no further info and must keep searching.
PreyWhite IbisPreyAura SeerAt night, can nominate one player they wish to see the animal instinct of that player. As noted in the role descriptions not all animals on the Prey team present as such when the Ibis uses their animal instincts.
PreyKookaburraPreyLoudmouthAll seeing, always laughing. The Kookaburra loves nothing more than having fun at others expense. Can nominate one player to have their role revealed publicly on the Kookaburra's death. Nominated via PM and can be changed at any point.
PreyPlatypusPrey-Is the only player able to stop the Great White Shark's blood sense. Once per game may nominate to clean the waters, they do so via DM and must successfully pick a member of the predator team. Example: I choose to clean the waters and nominate XXX as a predator. If succesful the water will be cleaned, the town will also be notified that the clean was successful. If unsuccessful the platypus may no longer take part in lynch votes.
PreyMagpieUnknown-Magpies swoop and boy are they pricks. No one knows whether they are evil or not. Each night is able to swoop a player, that player is now injured. If a player is swooped for a second time they are now dead. Can not swoop the Joey, the Kookaburra or the Box Jellyfish.
PreyJoeyPrey-No powers, however knows which player has the Kangaroo role as it's mother.
PreyWombatPreyBodyguard (sort of)At night can nominate one player to take back to its burrow for protection. Wombat protection can only work twice. If succesful in defending a target the wombat will be informed of the role, but not player, that attacked (in the case of the predator vote they will be informed as such). Once twice successful in defending a player the wombat becomes powerless prey. Protects against all night attacks.
PreyKoalaPreyPriestWhile being cute and cuddly they are often infested with chlamydia. The koala can scratch a player with its claws during the day in an attempt to give it chlamydia. Their role will be announced to everyone when used as use requires a post in thread of "XXXX scratches YYYY" if the player splashes a Predator or Solitary Animal that player dies, if the target is on the Prey team the Koala is culled.
PreyPossumPreyFarmerOften killed by domestic cats left out at night, the possum is the least powerful member of the prey team and as such has no powers.
PreyQuokkaPreySheriffCan watch a player at night. If the player watched is killed by the predators the Quokka will be given two suspects for this death, one will be the lowest ranked remaining predator and the other a random prey.
PreyEchidnaUnknown-Spikey little fellas, they're slow moving but all seeing. At night, can nominate a player to check their role however doesn't receive the result of this check until during the next day phase. If killed before receiving their result the result of their check will be passed to the Joey (if still alive).
PreyTasmanian DevilPreyBell RingerDistantly related to the Tasmanian Tiger, the Tasmanian Devil has the ability to select two players to watch, if either of those players dies the living players role will be revealed to the Tasmanian Devil. One successful use only.
PreyTasmanian TigerUnknownMediumHas been extinct for many years however many still offer rewards if you can find proof of them living. At night, can speak with the dead in a dead forum. Can revive any dead player (except the Joey) once per game via nomination at night via PM.

Predators:
1​
PredatorBox JellyfishPredatorWolf AvengerThe deadliest of all Australian animals can only be killed via lynch or day attacks. Can take another player to the grave with them, this is nominated via PM prior to death and can be nominated at any time.
2​
PredatorFunnel Web SpiderUnknown-Once per night can creep its way into another players den and find their exact role, done via PM. Can vote with other wolf players however in the case of a tiebreaker being required their vote is removed.
3​
PredatorGreat White SharkPredatorBerserker WolfOnce per game activates its ability to sense blood in the water (must be activated during the day). The predators normal nightly kill is guaranteed however everyone is alerted that there is a shark in the water. Sense is active until either the Great White is killed or the water cleaned by the Platypus
4​
PredatorCommon Death AdderUnknownWolf TricksterCan select any non-predator player, can change the selected player at any point via DM. If the nominated player dies by any method except predator kill or Crocodile Death Roll the dead player will appear as the Death Adder and the Death Adder will take on the animal instinct and team status of the dead player.
5​
PredatorSaltwater CrocodilePredator-Once per game at night can nominate a player to put in a death roll, that player now has two day phases to live. The only way to save a player from the death roll is for the Crocodile to be lynched. Can not vote with other predators on nightly kills.
If the Crocodile attacks the following roles it will also die at the end of it's death roll: Dingo, Tasmanian Tiger & Daddy Long Legs Spider
6​
PredatorCane ToadPredator-The most useless thing ever brought to Australia, literally told to kill them at night in Queensland. The lowest ranked predator they can vote but have no other powers

Solitary Animals:
Solitary AnimalDingoUnknown-The dingo's win objective is to find and snatch the joey from it's mother. Sends their attempted snatch at any point by DM to me in the form of Dingo snatches XXXX. If the snatch is successful the game is over and the Dingo has won. If the target is incorrect the Dingo is culled. If the Joey is killed by prey lynch while the Dingo is still alive they join the Predator team and win with them. If the Joey is killed by the Predator team while the Dingo is still alive they join the Prey team and win with them.
Solitary AnimalDaddy Long Legs SpiderUnknownFoolLots of silly rumours exist about these guys have the most potent venom of any spider in Australia but just can't bite, really they are nothing to fear and are good for getting rid of other insects. Wins the game by being successfully lynched during the day. Loses in all other scenarios and if they are last alive the Prey win.

Please give me all the feedback you have, how can I balance it, is there roles that need tweaking, issues that are too easily exploited. I'd like to have the game.
Hard to read on mobile, but I noticed you’re missing a Steve Irwin character

You've given it away but as Gamemaster all stories will be told in the voice of Steve Irwin!
steve irwin GIF by Bustle

Actually, I do have a suggestion! My company makes anti venom for Australia.

It would be cool to include a doctor role with a lore of saving townies from the venomous box jelly fish
Perhaps a veterinarian as the only human role?

Perhaps it's one of the Irwin children or Steve himself. Lemme think. I like it

@Tubby23, just out it of curiosity, is this site/app common knowledge in Australia?

I would say quite common knowledge for those of us that grow up in regional areas (like me), I would imagine that it's less well known amongst the city population.

Last edited:

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder

Winning Conditions:

Roles/Teams:

Prey:

Predators:
1​
2​
3​
4​
5​
6​

Solitary Animals:

firstly: we have the power to give you basically "game mod", it gives you the power to close and open your game thread.

otherwise, I don't have any real balance suggestions for you.

as I've said for a while, the "fool" role is the most important role for balance in games where everyone has a role. beyond that it's hard to see how the balance will shake out until the game actually runs.

it looks like a promising start.

Actually, I do have a suggestion! My company makes anti venom for Australia.

It would be cool to include a doctor role with a lore of saving townies from the venomous box jelly fish
How about:

Role: Veterinarian
Animal Instincts: Unknown
Team: Prey
Description: You hold the anti-venom to protect the box jellyfish target, unfortunately you have only a one-time use as the manufacturer is suffering from decreased output following the return of a niche internet forum.
May select one player to target once per game as the Box Jellyfish (once selected can not change), if successful the Box Jellyfish will not be able to take another player to its death when/if they die. If unsuccessful you become a powerless human.

I had a really dumb idea for a game that I'm calling Attack. It would be set in some postapocalyptic world where everybody is scavenging for resources and killing each other. The goal is to be the last one standing.

People can have fun creating a character and then roleplaying as said character.

There is only one phase/round, I guess we can call it a "day" phase. It would be for a determined amount of time, probably 24 hours or so.

The game starts with any number of players, but for the ideal amount of chaos, there would probably be 20 or so.

Each player starts with 3 health points. Each phase, a player can choose one other player to attack, which will knock that player down 1 HP.

Once a player selects another player to attack, they can't change. It's a one-time final decision for each phase.

Once during the entire game, each living player can choose to do a Double Attack on one player.

There will also be a bonus each phase/round for the most creative attack (we are roleplaying after all) which will double the attack points on the victim.

I'm still toying with some other ideas. The version I have doesn't have any allegiances, but there could be different versions maybe.

This is obviously very rough. Lol

I had a really dumb idea for a game that I'm calling Attack. It would be set in some postapocalyptic world where everybody is scavenging for resources and killing each other. The goal is to be the last one standing.

People can have fun creating a character and then roleplaying as said character.

There is only one phase/round, I guess we can call it a "day" phase. It would be for a determined amount of time, probably 24 hours or so.

The game starts with any number of players, but for the ideal amount of chaos, there would probably be 20 or so.

Each player starts with 3 health points. Each phase, a player can choose one other player to attack, which will knock that player down 1 HP.

Once a player selects another player to attack, they can't change. It's a one-time final decision for each phase.

Once during the entire game, each living player can choose to do a Double Attack on one player.

There will also be a bonus each phase/round for the most creative attack (we are roleplaying after all) which will double the attack points on the victim.

I'm still toying with some other ideas. The version I have doesn't have any allegiances, but there could be different versions maybe.

This sounds like the kind of game an e-fedder would create. I like it.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder

This sounds interesting. It reminds me of the hardcore battle royal ones we used to do in the e-feds where everyone got to write their own stuff.

I'd give it a try at least.

With the creative attack thing does that mean you have to openly attack who you're attacking?

This sounds interesting. It reminds me of the hardcore battle royal ones we used to do in the e-feds where everyone got to write their own stuff.

I'd give it a try at least.

With the creative attack thing does that mean you have to openly attack who you're attacking?
The way I envision this working is it's all open roleplay and all attacks are visible. The attacks would be posted in a single thread within a 24 hour period.

So for example, I would start Day 1 or whatever we call it. All 20 players would be trying to forge temporary alliances (like the hardcore battle royals) and gang up on people or whatever, but there would be some strategy to it. I would probably try to start phases at different times so one time zone doesn't have the advantage, or let it run the full 24 hours and go back and see what damage was done. I am still working out mechanics on whether it would be like the HBRs where once somebody receives the amount of damage necessary, I post that they are eliminated, or if it would be more like a 24 hour deal and at the end of each day, I go through and update, and if somebody was killed off before they posted, then I just ignore the subsequent posts.

Anyway, the single thread for the first day would go 24 hours, and then I would post after the end and announce who was awarded an extra point of damage for their attack based on whose post was the most creative for that day. I would post who died and who still survived.

I then envisioned starting day 2 at some random time. It could be 3:26 AM in your time or whatever, and the roleplay would commence for another 24 hours. Rinse and repeat.

There would be strategy involved as far as temporary alliances, betrayals, and who to target. You might form an alliance with someone and convince them you both are going to attack a player, and you go through with it, but then they attack you and stab you in the back. And maybe they get the extra point for creativity on top of it and take away most of your health.

I think it would be a crazy ass chaotic game, but a lot of fun.

In the end, it would probably come down to two players or just a few players, and would probably come down to who has more health, unless they are tied in HP, then it would be whoever has the most creative ending.

But yeah, just throwing out the game to everybody as an idea. I think it would be a ton of fun.

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD
I wouldn’t want to create my own character, but other than that I’d be interested. Let @Cole and @canadaguy brainstorm a backstory for my character together, it’s sure to be very flattering
I want to feel out the character creation part, because if people would rather not do that, then I'm cool with it literally being like shortkut vs Alu vs TD whatever.

Honestly, the character creation thing is a throwback to the e-feds and a nod to it being a roleplay type game too as opposed to say a party game.

Cole

Coleministrator
S-Mod
GW Elder
I like your idea, but if you want the honest feedback, the structure will need work.

in my opinion:

there needs to be some sort of goal other than simply lone survival, it doesn't need to be like wolf, which I think you're hoping to avoid, but otherwise this will just effectively be a roleplay contest, which sure, could be fun, but I think you were hoping to have more of an agenda than that.

the hit point system is a neat idea, but I'm not sure the best way to do it. if you give everyone 10 HP the game could last a while.

but with only 3, players able to double up once per game, and the potential to form alliances, it wouldn't be hard to coordinate a day 1 where we can immediately eliminate a third of the field.

you COULD effectively make it more like a wolf lynch, and give everyone 10HP, everyone gets the 1 HP attack a day, once per game 2HP, and sort of make every day a lynch. group up to eliminate one person (you'd need some sort of goal for this), but what would make it interesting is, if not everyone votes for the same person, every one else's hits would still count.

so on day 1 jf, it would require 10HP worth of damage to kill me, but I also attack shortkut, and Ants attacks shortkut. he would only take 8 HP worth of attacks the next day.

it would add an interesting strategy element where: do you join up to strike someone down? or do you spread out attacks so everyone is collectively lower?

edit: also, it could set up potential scenarios where you can get multiple kills in one day.

then it just needs some type of goal, you could do anything, you could like... add bounties to players. "if Cole gets shortkut killed, Cole gets +1HP" or a series of goals, or something else I'm not thinking about.

give a reason to order the kills, because in either situation, without a goal, people are just going to hang up on someone they might perceive a threat for no real reason. zell came up with that day 1 number system for exactly that reason.

I really do like the idea, and might even consider joining, I just think it needs more "meat".

Back
Top Bottom