• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Breaking Joe Biden drops out of 2024 presidential race

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Yes indeed. When my ex-wife and I were expecting our son, people kept telling me "you're going to be a dad!" and I had to kindly keep reminding them that I had already been a dad for several years. And even as recent as my last job, my old boss kept telling me (unasked for) that step kids aren't really your kids, and I shouldn't treat my teen daughter the same as my son (things like including her on my life insurance for example), until one day I had enough and told her off.

So yeah, I'm familiar with people's shitty attitudes about step children :/

The worst part is, I’ve known more step-parents that treated their kids better than their biological parents did. People fail to realize that being a step-parent is an optional thing, like people that adopt. Unlike some parents… they want to be involved, so much so that they put forth extra effort to make it work.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Also I just noticed that Aaron Sorkin of West Wing fame said recently that the Dems should nominate......Mitt Romney.

No wonder that show was always a bit idealistic!
That show was absolutely perfect for the time period.

Not great for our current "Too late to avoid the apocalypse" time period

Ok... I'm not reading all of that stuff. I started on page, two. This is as far as I'm going.

Also he said he'd do a debate if it was on Fox News instead. So eh. Harris should just take him up on that. They've hosted before and it wasn't the dumbest shit show of all time
Breibart it is.
It's worth mentioning that Trump was supposedly Democrat from 2001-2009.
There likely wont be an election in 4 years if Trump wins this year
Not if he dies from old age in while in the office.
the staggering number of Dems who were supporting Biden staying in the race suddenly doing an about-face and suggesting that it's fair game to go after Trump for his age is disgusting tbh politics really is just a team sports gotcha game for everyone

Pic related:

View attachment 18531
This is so dumb. Trump hasn't shown having degenerative cognitive issues. Trump today is exactly like Trump 10+ years ago and as far back as when he was bickering with Rosie O'Donnell on Twitter. Trump is the same narcissistic asshole he has always been and age hasn't affected that nor his ability to make up endless amounts of bullshit. People who think Trump should drop out because of age are morons.

Yes indeed. When my ex-wife and I were expecting our son, people kept telling me "you're going to be a dad!" and I had to kindly keep reminding them that I had already been a dad for several years. And even as recent as my last job, my old boss kept telling me (unasked for) that step kids aren't really your kids, and I shouldn't treat my teen daughter the same as my son (things like including her on my life insurance for example), until one day I had enough and told her off.

So yeah, I'm familiar with people's shitty attitudes about step children :/
I can sympathize with this.

My wife already had my step son when we got together. I raised him for 4 years before we had my daughter. I was a parent for 4 years before biologically becoming a father. Say what you will, but willingly raising and supporting another man's child, especially when he's still in the picture, an asshole, and refusing to pay/blackmailing his way out of paying for his child makes you a fucking living saint in my opinion.

It's worth mentioning that Trump was supposedly Democrat from 2001-2009.
Not technically. He switched to Republican in 1987 (or 1989, going off recollection here). But he's always leaned heavier into Democrat ideals until he decided to run. He's always been notorious for donating and supporting whomever would best benefit him. And running as a Rep meant being able to rile up a ravenous vocal minority of a base that would flock to him like a god. Of course that appealed to him.

I need context 😅
silicon valley this guy fucks GIF by Team Coco

the new topic is hottest presidents

Kennedy of course, Obama looked pretty good. Need to find an old picture of Reagan

Update: yeah he good too

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
No.. they care about the unborn. They don't care about actual babies. Silly Vash
I know this is the popular take, but I disagree.

They care about churning out as many babies as possible.

Then if you don't support them they grow up in poverty and they have their slave labor class.

But they weren't babies.

That's all they care about are babies.
One of my fav quotes by Methodist Pastor David Barnhart

"The unborn” are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don’t resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don’t ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don’t need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don’t bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power, or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus, but actually dislike people who breathe. Prisoners? Immigrants? The sick? The poor? Widows? Orphans? All the groups that are specifically mentioned in the Bible? They all get thrown under the bus for the unborn."

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
I know this is the popular take, but I disagree.

They care about churning out as many babies as possible.

Then if you don't support them they grow up in poverty and they have their slave labor class.

You’re not wrong, which is weird considering the access to abortion most blue cities have. There’s a phrase for that exact practice, but it’s escaping me… where you encourage one thing, but facilitate something else, effectively playing both sides.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

Except me though. I'm already ugly as hell, so when I get older she can only make me ugly as shit.

That's how you beat Mother Nature.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Nah, see, if you start off ugly and then hit your 40’s, you become “distinguished”… or so I’ve been told. I’ll let you know if I make it to 40.

But more likely to be Shapiro if we're honest.
He won't make it, but I'm partial to Mark Kelly.

Dude's a fucking former astronaut consistently carrying a red district and even the Reps in Arizona love him. He's seen as a serious threat to Trump because it'd be nearly impossible to find fault in him. He's teflon.

Of course, I'm still partial to Buttigieg, but I'd prefer he be President, not VP.

He won't make it, but I'm partial to Mark Kelly.

Dude's a fucking former astronaut consistently carrying a red district and even the Reps in Arizona love him. He's seen as a serious threat to Trump because it'd be nearly impossible to find fault in him. He's teflon.

Of course, I'm still partial to Buttigieg, but I'd prefer he be President, not VP.
Kelly is being vetted, but he's unlikely to be chosen because he uniquely keeps his Arizona Senate seat very safe and is a very good senator.

There's the opening attack, predictably on the border.
Did he just say Kamala will be President? How embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon
Back
Top Bottom