• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

Breaking Joe Biden drops out of 2024 presidential race

Here's the way too big breakout. Not too sure they go into the details you want, but literally everything else is theree:

According to wikipedia:
Morning Consult conducts scientific online polling.[32] It uses a stratified sampling process and multiple nationally recognized vendors to gain access to tens of millions of Americans. After fielding, Morning Consult applies weights based on age, race/ethnicity, gender, educational attainment, and region (determined by 2016 Current Population Survey).

During the 2016 presidential election, Morning Consult had one of the most accurate national polls: despite calling the winner of the election incorrectly, it successfully predicted Hillary Clinton winning the national popular vote by 3 percent (she won by 2.1 percent).[33] The website FiveThirtyEight also found that Morning Consult, along with other prolific online polling firms, did not have a strong house effect (the tendency of a pollster to favor a political party) in the 2016 election.

If you take the results of those polls with the rest of the map as it normally plays out, it'll be 268-254 Harris-Trump, with only GA being undecided. That's the closest we've seen it in months.
Harris has significantly more paths to victory than Biden did.

She could lose Nevada, Arizona and Georgia, but win Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin and win it all.

She could reverse those and win it all.

She could win all six and win it all in a landslide.

She's actually competitive in all of them.

MI is Michigan. MN is Minnesota.
I knew that...

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
We once had dinner in Portsmouth just south of the Maine border and I asked my dad to drive us north across the bridge simply to say I'd been there.

Is that enough for a lifetime?
Nah, you could have gone deeper than Kittery and it's outlet malls. Real Maine doesn't start until you hit Biddeford/Saco.

Ben

Blind Guardian
Executive
GWF Sponsor
Administrator
Badministrator
GW Elder
It does seem like a pretty cool state, we just had no time. We mostly did the coast of MA, and I don't really remember why we went that far north. Maybe a ship since my dad was in the navy. I know later on we went to Fall River for that purpose.
Pretty sure there's a Navy yard in Kittery/Portsmouth so that'd make sense.

Though he could have made you go visit Bath iron works where they build all of the Navy ships.

During the wait, Philip Lewis, the HuffPost deputy editor, shared on X that the hold-up was being caused by a disagreement between the NABJ and the former president. "I'm told that Trump is demanding that NABJ not do the live factchecking and that's why the event hasn't started yet," he wrote. "We're in a standoff."

Trump said they started late because the equipment was broken. Turns out he once again wanted to be able to just lie.

I mean, in a perverse way it's probably good news. No better way to motivate a large group of voters who vote Democratic and live in key swing states than to attack them.

The fact it's coming up at all is pretty disgusting. I think the most troubling part is how unsurprising it is. I'm pretty sure at least his team fully understands biracial people, but they just don't care.

Mark

Dumbass Progenitor
Administrator
GW Elder
What could they possibly hope to gain from it? I don't see it being a successful campaign strategy that wins them more votes, it's just being nasty for the sake of it.

Honestly, the only thing I can come up with is they crunched the numbers and feel they can score more pissed off rednecks than biracial people… so they can “afford” to piss off people. People that are “business-minded” in the same respect as him are typically reckless with the risks they take, and think little of collateral damage or even overhead if the ends justify the means.

What could they possibly hope to gain from it? I don't see it being a successful campaign strategy that wins them more votes, it's just being nasty for the sake of it.
I guess they hope they can whip up their base, a disturbing number of whom will probably buy into this. Then there's another group who probably don't believe it but will claim not to care and that it's "Trump being Trump", sort of like the locker room talk nonsense. From past experience I'm fairly negative about even this awful kind of stuff actually negatively affecting Trump. Hopefully I'm wrong.

That said, I'm not exactly sure Trump or his peons are tactical geniuses.

"This will help us keep Georgia! Black people hate it when people pretend to be black!"

They honestly think it will play well because of who their base is. But the thing is: the people this will play well to are the people who are already voting for Trump.

Honestly, the only thing I can come up with is they crunched the numbers and feel they can score more pissed off rednecks than biracial people… so they can “afford” to piss off people. People that are “business-minded” in the same respect as him are typically reckless with the risks they take, and think little of collateral damage or even overhead if the ends justify the means.
Why would a pissed off redneck care if she's not black though? How is that a vote they didn't already have?

Like Alu said, they already have those people in their pocket and if anything, they'd prefer their president NOT to be black.

Back
Top Bottom