Discussion Inn: The Platinum Penguin

Lian Batenkaitos

"Don't worry, TD. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Mr. Tabbington around these parts. Next time he pops up, introduce yourself and be sure to have some yarn on you. He'll appreciate the gesture! :)

• Cheers!
Reactions: TD

Lian Batenkaitos

After being gone on a business trip for nearly a month, I make my return to the Platinum Penguin Inn.

"Bonjour, tout le monde. Comment ça va?

I say, greeting everyone as I take a seat. I then ask Crystal to book me a room for the weekend while asking her how things are going on her end.

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
The door to the Platinum Penguin swings open. You look. You see... nothing? Oh wait, better shift those eyes down. There she is. The tiniest Tortle you ever did see. A new face around here. Such a unique shell as well, clearly there was some special magic at play. But who is she?

1717246515467.png

The tiny female Tortle looks around the room. She sees nobody she recognizes, a cautious frown spreads on her face.

...Oh dear.

The tiny Tortle fixes her eyes on the penguin at the bar, maybe this penguin knows something. She wiggles her way over, weaving between the other patrons. She climbs up one of the stools, plops her hands down, and smiles at the penguin.

Hi there! Any chance one of my kind has been here? He was probably asking about lettuce.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Crystal smiles at the precious tortle with a warm and knowing look.

Ah, yes. He certainly loves his lettuce, I gave him some rather large bowls to work through while he was here! I believe he's presently on an adventure, but I suspect he'll be back shortly. Would you like to stay here with us until he returns, hon?

• Love

Tortle Dude

The unnamed Tortle lets out a soft and playful giggle.

He's a crucial part of my destiny after all. He has a constable for getting himself into precarious packages.

The Tortle pauses. Is she using these words correctly? She's not sure, but surely she sounds smart.

Staying here seems like a magnificent solution! It's absolutely thrilling to hear you know him and that he may dilly dally into this fine place at any moment.

But... tell me, will I be safe here?

Her eyes look around the room, her small size tends to make her an easy target sometimes.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Crystal gives her a reassuring look and offers a small bowl of lettuce to the tiny Tortle.

Everyone is a friend here, and if you would like to stay here while you await your friend's return, you're welcome to a room at the inn, where you may rest and relax. You're in the safest hands you could ask for here, hon.

• Hugs

Tortle Dude

The tiny Tortle looks down at the small bowl of lettuce. She lets out a soft smile at the penguin's gesture. She gently slides the bowl back to the penguin.

I appreciate the hospitality. Truly, that is very kind of you! Thank you for the bowl of lettuce...  but, that's more of my brother's speed than my own.

A room would be wonderful! I don't have much in the way of coin, but I often get bored waiting around...

Perhaps I can help around around here?

The tiny Tortle giggles once more. She's a playful little thing.

You can call me Dream by the way. Of the Tortle family. What's your name?

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Crystal smiles at the playful Tortle's excited demeanor.

It's wonderful to meet you, Dream, my name is Crystal, the proprietor of this Inn. You don't need to worry about coin, I'm happy to offer you a room while you wait. The Tortles have been customers for as long as this establishment has existed and I'm pleased to offer my Inn to such a wonderful family. If you would like to help out while you're here, you are more than welcome to, though by no means obligated to do so!

• Hugs

Tortle Dude

Dream claps her hands with a gleeful expression.

Crystal! What a lovely name! I have a feeling we're going to get along spectacularly. I'm happy to hear my rather large family has been making their way through here.

Just stay away from Danger. He's a bad bad Tortle.

I am always happy to help!

Dreams slaps her Tortle claw to her mouth and blows Crystal a kiss, then winks.

This'll be fun!

Back
Top Bottom