Discussion Inn: The Platinum Penguin

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Tortle Dude's eyes widen.

Never in my many years of lettuce indulgence with such a hefty bowl of lettuce. I am forever grateful.
Tortle Dude lifts the bowl gently and slowly walks back to his table. His mouth slightly open as saliva trickles from his mouth.

Zesty Zapcrackle

Shitposting Development Manager
Tortle Dude keeps adjusting his cloaca because he's a Tortle.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Crystal offers the adventurers a piece of parchment, on which is a crudely drawn map and some words.

Here, hons. I can't read, perhaps you can figure out what this means.

(Little does Crystal know it's a map to buried items of varying power that can only be used within the confines of the Inn, all buried around the outside of the Inn)

Last edited:

Aims'Orreh Mwuh'Bwadd

Full-time time waster
A Nice ghost is floating by and decides to take a quick stop at the Penguin Inn. It looks around, mumbling to itself, looking at things and people inside quizzically before starting to be more and more vocal. Slowly, all the visitors and patrons of the inn stop chatting as they start hearing it...

... nice? Nice?
Nice?! .....nice, nice nice?
Nice?
NICE?!

Then it goes silent. Everyone still listening and quiet. Somewhere on a table or on the floor they hear a sound of a stone or die rolling...

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Crystal sees miscellaneous rocks on the bar with strange markings on them and wipes them into her debris bucket. She smiles and carries on wiping the bar.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Crystal disappears into the background once again, returning with the largest container one could imagine. She fills it to the brim with ale and smiles as she hands it over to Nac McWeeble.

"Enjoy, hon!"

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Rogelio the Pink enters the tavern and deposits his large mass onto two chairs, one for each cheek, while simultaneously knocking the table back with his spherical stomach.

tavern.png

"Ah, The Platinum Penguin, what a splendid establishment! And there's Crystal, the penguin bartender, a sight to behold indeed. A human-sized penguin tending a bar is not something you see every day, even in a world as varied as ours."

[Approaching the bar, I pull up a stool, careful not to let my clay form slump too much.]

"Good evening, Crystal. A mug of your finest ale, if you please. And keep them coming."

[While waiting for my drink, I scan the room, noticing a diverse array of patrons. There's a table of rowdy dwarves, a couple of elves in deep conversation, and a lone wizard eyeing his spellbook. I decide to engage with the crowd, leveraging my unique charm.]

[Approaching the dwarves first]

"Good evening, friends! Rogelio the Pink at your service. I couldn't help but overhear your discussion about the mines of Mount Boldar. Fascinating place, isn't it? I once navigated its treacherous paths... let's just say it was an adventure I won't soon forget. And you, brave miners, what tales do you have of the depths?"

[After a hearty exchange with the dwarves, I make my way to the elves]

"Ah, the elegant folk of the forests. I must say, your conversation about the Moonlit Glade caught my attention. As a being of unique composition, I find the magic of such places quite intriguing. Do share more, if you'd be so kind."

[Lastly, approaching the wizard with a respectful nod]

"Greetings, wise one. Rogelio the Pink is my name. I see you're engrossed in your studies. As a sentient being of clay, I've found a certain affinity for the arcane arts. Perhaps you have insights that could enlighten a curious mind like mine?"

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
[Acknowledging Crystal with a grateful nod, I take a careful sip of the ale, ensuring not to spill any with my malleable clay form.]

"Ah, Crystal, your reputation for fine ale is well deserved. Thank you."

[Turning to the human rogue who approached, I examine his features, noticing the uncanny resemblance.]

"Slimer the Green, you say? The name does ring a bell in the corridors of my memory. It's possible there's a connection, though in my case, I am a unique creation of Kut Short and Tortle Dude. But in this vast and mystical world, who's to say our paths or origins haven't crossed in some convoluted way?"

[Smiling, or at least forming what approximates a smile with my clay form]

"Tell me, friend, how do you know of Slimer the Green? And do you think our resemblance goes beyond the colorful nature of our beings?"

[Curiosity sparkles in my form, eager to learn more about this potential connection to another rogue, one who bears a name as colorful as my own.]

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
"Well, now, this is quite the unexpected twist. Crystal, my dear, it seems there's been a bit of a mix-up with my drink," I say with a hint of amusement in my tone. "Unless, of course, this is a local specialty of The Platinum Penguin?"

[Turning back to the familiar-looking rogue]

"As for Slimer the Green, perhaps tales of such colorful characters getting served equally colorful beverages are what link us," I jest, lifting the mug slightly in a mock toast.

[Addressing Crystal again]

"Crystal, would you mind terribly if I requested a replacement for this 'unique' beverage? Just a plain ale would be splendid. And as intriguing as they are, I think I'll pass on the sausages and dowels for now."

[The situation, odd as it is, seems just another part of the tapestry of bizarre and whimsical adventures that define my existence as Rogelio the Pink. I wait patiently for my actual ale, ready to continue the evening's intriguing conversations.]

Last edited:

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Crystal acknowledges Rogelio's request and returns with two large mugs of the Inn's finest ale, one for Rogelio and one for Cookie.

"I do apologize, hon, it seems our arts and crafts brew has arrived. I'll be sure to change the casks over."

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
[Looking at the newly served mugs of ale, I give Crystal a good-natured smile.]

"Ah, Crystal, no harm done. One must always be prepared for a bit of unexpected artistry in their brew, especially in a place as charming as The Platinum Penguin. Thank you for the swift correction."

[Turning to the dwarf cleric beside me, I raise my mug in a friendly gesture.]

"To new acquaintances and proper ale! What brings a cleric such as yourself to this fine establishment?"

[The evening continues to unfold with pleasant surprises, and I find myself engaging in conversation with the dwarf cleric, sharing tales and enjoying the genuine atmosphere of the tavern. The mix-up with the drinks becomes just another amusing anecdote in the tapestry of my adventures as Rogelio the Pink.]

My dear Rogelio, it is me, Kutshort! I thought I would never see you again. Please tell me, what have you been doing since you ran away from me and Tortle Dude like the gingerbread man from the stories?

The Halfing cleric eyes the pink gentleman with a bit if suspension at him calling her a Dwarf. Alas she decides to give him a pass for the insult. If his story of being the creation of Kutshort and Tortle Dude is to be believed, she doubted they remembered to teach him manners.

I'm here to gain knowledge of what makes a good Tavern. I heard some rumors that this was unlike any others and I wanted to see what made it special. I guess they serve specialty mix drinks here. An interesting idea.

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
[Looking at Kutshort, my eyes widen in recognition and a wave of emotion washes over me.]

"Kutshort! My dear father, I can scarcely believe it's you. To think, after all this time, we would meet again in a place like The Platinum Penguin. It's almost too surreal."

cantcatch.png

[A memory from my past, a younger, smaller version of myself, full of youthful mischief and determination, darting away from Kutshort and Tortle Dude.]

"As for your question, well, it's a tale as wild as the day I ran away. Like the gingerbread man from the stories, I sought adventure, knowledge, and a place in this vast world. I've roamed far and wide, encountered wonders and perils, and learned much about myself and the world around me. My journey has been nothing short of extraordinary, and it's shaped me into who I am today."

[Turning to face Kutshort fully, a sense of nostalgia and affection evident in my demeanor.]

"But know this, father, not a day has passed when I haven't thought of you and Tortle Dude. The lessons you imparted, the love you showed, it's stayed with me through every adventure. I'm here now, a rogue with tales to tell, and it's all thanks to you and Tortle Dude."

[The reunion in the tavern, poignant and unexpected, adds yet another chapter to my already colorful story.]

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
[A bit embarrassed for the mistaken identity, I turn to the flour-encrusted halfling with an apologetic look.]

"My sincerest apologies for mistaking you for a dwarf. It seems the flour gave me quite the misleading impression. Thank you for your understanding. Indeed, Kutshort and Tortle Dude were more focused on instilling in me a sense of adventure and curiosity than the finer points of etiquette."

[Smiling warmly, I continue.]

"You've come to the right place in seeking knowledge of what makes a good tavern. The Platinum Penguin is unique indeed, not just for its diverse clientele but for its imaginative concoctions. The 'arts and crafts brew' I was initially served is a testament to that creativity. It's a place where the unexpected is to be expected, making each visit a memorable experience."

[Leaning in slightly, sharing in the spirit of discovery.]

"Since you're interested in what makes this tavern special, I suggest engaging with Crystal, the bartender. Not only is she a human-sized penguin, which is quite extraordinary, but her approach to running this establishment is both innovative and welcoming. And of course, the patrons themselves add to the charm – adventurers, wanderers, and seekers of all sorts. Each has a story that weaves into the tapestry of this place."

[With a gesture towards the bustling tavern, I add.]

"And who knows, perhaps your own observations here will inspire the creation of a new, equally remarkable tavern in the future. After all, every great establishment begins with a spark of inspiration and a keen observer like yourself."

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
A small picture falls out of Rogelio's folds.

family.png

87987987987.png
I pause for a moment, reflecting on the memories and feelings evoked by the family photograph.

"Ah, looking at that picture really brings back a flood of emotions. Kutshort and Tortle Dude, despite their quirks and eccentricities, have always been a source of love and inspiration in my life. It's moments like these that remind me of the depth of our bond."

My expression is one of fondness and affection, a gentle smile forming on my clay face as I reminisce about my family.

• Love
Reactions: TD
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian

847593487590354.png
As Kutshort's voice rings out through the tavern, I turn towards the entrance, a smile spreading across my clay form.

"Well, well, the moment has come. Tortle Dude, it's been ages! Look at us, together again in The Platinum Penguin of all places!"

Observing Tortle Dude enter with astonishment and happiness, I feel a surge of warmth and joy. The tavern patrons are turning to see the commotion, intrigued by the heartfelt reunion unfolding.

My arms, though lacking in bones, reach out as if to envelop him in a hug, the warmth of our reunion almost tangible in the air around us.

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Tortle Dude stretches out his short but girthy arms as if hugging Rogelio.

Rogeliooooooo!
You are looking as plump as ever!
Tell me, lettuce, have you seen any?

Back
Top Bottom