Discussion Inn: The Platinum Penguin

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Your skin tingles as a thrum of magic permeates the air within the wooden walls of the tavern. The vibration seems unnoticed by some, but you are quick to identify other adventurers in the room looking equally uncertain, as they attempt to rub away the goosebumps creeping up their arms. You inhale, driven to voice your detection of this shift in energy, but the words seem to stall in the back of your throat. You mouth silent exclamations as all sound in the bar becomes muted, only the shared confusion of the others hinting this deafness has not befallen you alone.

The floorboards begin to shudder against the nails restraining them. From the ceiling, thin cascades of dust tumble from the long wooden rafters, but seem to freeze mid-air before reaching the ground. The walls of the tavern pulse slowly, bowing in and out with the rhythm of your own breathing. For the briefest of moments your fingers feel as though they are tapping against the buttons of an infernal contraption, fingers dancing in an arbitrary repetitive cadence. As quickly as the thought slid through your mind, the sensation abates and leaves you wondering whether you had imagined it.

A brisk pop sends sound coursing back through the world, the plumes of dust regaining their velocity and pouring over the floorboards which again lay still. You leap up from your seat, determined not to be caught off-guard by whatever magical threat looms, but your hand falls limply from your weapon as you notice behind the counter now stands a large penguin in a dress, wearing a necklace adorned with various crystals. The previous barkeep is nowhere to be seen.

The penguin gracefully makes an arcane gesture, as if weaving a web between each of the adventurers within the room and you feel yourselves becoming more deeply connected in some way. Simultaneously, the sign outside the tavern where the golden griffin had glimmered in the sunlight shifted and changed form. Now in it's place, sparkling with a glow that immediately brings a sense of familiarity and belonging, hung a platinum penguin.

1000003946.pngYou have had Telepathic Bond cast on you by the new innkeeper. This powerful spell, while generally lasting only 1 hour, feels like it could keep you connected to others for decades. This will enable you to speak freely with others in this environment, whether you are engaged in your own adventures or have journeyed to distance continents.

This tavern is now The Platinum Penguin.

20397420975026.png

{{‼️ This thread is being repurposed slightly from it's original intent. This will not be a recruitment thread in any way, but rather a place for people to continue to role-play in character whether they're part of an active campaign or not, and even if they have no intent of joining a full campaign. If you would like to participate and find a persona that feels fitting for you, we welcome you to come join any discussion. There'll be no fighting here, no need for skill checks, etc. Just good vibes. ‼️

I will be putting up another thread more akin to Vash's for actual recruitment in my campaign shortly.}}

Tortle Dude

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
Tortle Dude feels more relaxed, almost like a burden has been lifted. He looks around for that Penguin he heard so much about.

Nootie Plucker

Smart fella by day, fart smella by night
Nootie examines his Lute, eyes wide and confused
Mistake GIF

OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
(Is the first page of this thread not working for anyone else?)
Actually, yeah. That would explain why I was getting a blank page trying to check on a reaction notification.

Last time that happened was while @Lee was tweaking templates for the character name/avatar. My guess would be an attempt to rig up the dialog color broke something.

I wouldn't necessity think it would try to reapply that to prior posts too, but that's the best I could guess. If so, maybe because I added a spoiler tag to the first post? I'd test that sticking another in but don't really want to break this thread page too if so. I'll try elsewhere in a little bit.

(Obviously this post worked fine.)

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
It's the badges add-on. It was updated yesterday along with a couple of other add-ons. Disabling it made the first page work again. Very curious. Going to need to talk to the dev about this.

• Al
Reactions: Ben
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
It's the badges add-on. It was updated yesterday along with a couple of other add-ons. Disabling it made the first page work again. Very curious. Going to need to talk to the dev about this.
Time to delete all badges, you say? 🤔

But that makes sense, I guess. Hopefully they get back at you quickly.

Alternately, I wonder if we could tweak it to hide the badges under the "more" link, and whether that would fix the entire page exploding.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Time to delete all badges, you say? 🤔

But that makes sense, I guess. Hopefully they get back at you quickly.

Alternately, I wonder if we could tweak it to hide the badges under the "more" link, and whether that would fix the entire page exploding.
It's possible, but I get the feeling that it would still mess with things, since it's all loaded in at the same time.

Last night, I was having issues with the reactions not wanting to load or taking forever to load. Also started having an issue when clicking a notification it was just taking me to the start of the thread. I saw somebody say something about things working better with the default theme, so I changed from Greywinners back to default and have no issues other than when clicking on those links I too get a blank page.

Crystal

Formerly Apollo
Ok, dumb idea time since this is going to be a more casual, fun thing outside of the usual taverns and definitely away from the campaigns...

Just wondering if, now that this is purely a social inn/tavern, if we shouldn't have an NPC in the vein of Norm from Cheers to pop in routinely to imbibe and be a mainstay in the tavern. Comedic effect and the ability to "chat" with him just for random situations...who knows, the brain is in a strange place right now and the thought of a little drunk always around was funny.

Crystal runs and hides from her stupidity.

norm GIF

Last edited:
OP
D&D Character

Dungeon Master

Stoned Guardian
Ok, dumb idea time since this is going to be a more casual, fun thing outside of the usual taverns and definitely away from the campaigns...

Just wondering if, now that this is purely a social inn/tavern, if we shouldn't have an NPC in the vein of Norm from Cheers to pop in routinely to imbibe and be a mainstay in the tavern. Comedic effect and the ability to "chat" with him just for random situations...who knows, the brain is in a strange place right now and the thought of a little drunk always around was funny.

Crystal runs and hides from her stupidity.

norm GIF
I definitely used Cheers! in my prompt for the redone image in the first post. So, yes.

DALL·E 2024-01-11 07.31.29 - Visualize a Dungeons and Dragons fantasy tavern scene in a vibran...png

Cursed option:
DALL·E 2024-01-11 07.31.41 - Visualize a Dungeons and Dragons fantasy tavern scene in a vibran...png

Back
Top Bottom