- @Tommy Boy
- @canadaguy
- @VashTheStampede
- @Local Hero
- @TD
- @Fool's Requiem
- @Kat
- @Smacktard

(did I miss anyone? just want to tag everyone to try this out and SPOILER their results)

This should hopefully be a much easier one:

What famous landmark is just out of the screen here?
View attachment 6239

What area was this picture taken from? (not the city itself)
View attachment 6240

What famous area is this? (clues left in the picture that you can google)
View attachment 6241

Spoiler your answers if you want to play along. This is "easy mode" in my opinion...at least "easier" mode than the first picture.
Is this what we're doing? Has the game started yet?

Also, if you're struggling, look at my spoilers on the last page to see how I would have processed getting the information on all 3.
I feel like they're fair, but I don't think there's any way I would've gotten the GGB. I feel like there's too many places in the world that could look like that, and the area code on the vehicle didn't help.

Reactions: TD
I feel like they're fair, but I don't think there's any way I would've gotten the GGB. I feel like there's too many places in the world that could look like that, and the area code on the vehicle didn't help.
That's fair, and also why there's teammates and how people will end up winning/losing various games!

We'll have to come up with a scoring system. Say something like each picture or round has a max of 10 points, each requested hint subtracts a point, each incorrect guess subtracts 3.

Needs to be something for proximity or partial guesses though as potential tie breakers. Say one team was able to get the city for 2 but not the location, and another couldn't even get the city, that would be a tie breaker.

Also tubby and I can try to make sure there are some helpful things in the pictures when we grab them. Maybe a bonus round could be hard mode and the closest guess (needs to be within a certain distance?) Gets it.

Lots of things we can do.

Unfortunately the two of us seem to be the most likely to pick up in really subtle clues thanks to watching the same geoguessr YouTuber.

Yeah I never got the GGB cause literally never been to California.

#3 no clue either but I didn't google and maybe I should, but not sure what to google.
Here's a spoiler that doesn't give away the answer:

there's something on the road that's not there in real life, added there by Google maps to identify something

I know this is Free Guy and I know that was filmed in Boston... or Massachusetts at least (they filmed in Worcester, Boston and Revere that I know of). I know that's the Harbor but I grew up in that fucking city and I can't figure the building. I'll try and do some thinking of the building in that area. I know the aquarium is near there, but that's not where they are officially.

I know this is Free Guy and I know that was filmed in Boston... or Massachusetts at least (they filmed in Worcester, Boston and Revere that I know of). I know that's the Harbor but I grew up in that fucking city and I can't figure the building. I'll try and do some thinking of the building in that area. I know the aquarium is near there, but that's not where they are officially.

Free Guy?
The movie is correct. The city is correct for Jon.

You're so very close. Look at Google maps and move a bit closer to the main part of the city.
Davio's! Lol, great restaurant, but not prominent.

So I assume you're talking about the courthouse where Aaron Hernandez got convicted then took one up the rear and hung himself instead of being outed as gay in prison. The Moakley Courthouse. Come to think of it, good ol' Whitey Bulger and Zhokar Tsarnaev had their cases too, I believe. That courthouse was home to some really nasty assholes.

• Chef’s Kiss
Davio's! Lol, great restaurant, but not prominent.

So I assume you're talking about the courthouse where Aaron Hernandez got convicted then took one up the rear and hung himself instead of being outed as gay in prison. The Moakley Courthouse. Come to think of it, good ol' Whitey Bulger and Zhokar Tsarnaev had their cases too, I believe. That courthouse was home to some really nasty assholes.
Correct! And correct on the reason for prominence.

Correct! And correct on the reason for prominence.
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

It's Free Guy. I've walked through there, from memory there is a courthouse there. Which I am guessing is what you're after, I can't remember the name of it. Pretty sure Hernandez' trial was there and probably Tsarnaev.

There is a nice view from Fan Pier Park and also if you look south from the New England Aquarium there is a good view back to the park and courthouse area

It's Free Guy. I've walked through there, from memory there is a courthouse there. Which I am guessing is what you're after, I can't remember the name of it. Pretty sure Hernandez' trial was there and probably Tsarnaev.

There is a nice view from Fan Pier Park and also if you look south from the New England Aquarium there is a good view back to the park and courthouse area
Correct, and that is the correct building.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
You would think, and yet I didn’t recognize a city in my own country — and a city I visited at least 3 times in my life
Oh good, I'm not the only one who doesn't recognize places I've been to.

You can start by trying to identify the movie
But... how?

Through some method you should be able to figure out which city this is.
Oh okay, thanks. That helps a lot.

TD

ES COO Shitposting Dept. of GWF
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
I’m going to rescind my offer to play. Difficulty isn’t the issue, it just I don’t think I’ll be putting in the effort to actually search the way I should and I don’t want to make a mockery of a game that seems really interesting and fun
You should probably tag the teammate you just abandoned so he can find a new pardner.

View attachment 6353

Where is this movie scene being filmed? Looking for the specific building (it's just outside the building). SPOILER your guesses.

You can start by trying to identify the movie, then the city, then see if you can figure out where at that point.
I'm so fkn stumped on this one. I googled "twisted towers", like the one seen in the background, and only a small handful somewhat match the appearance. Three are in the Middle East, and that's not ME architecture. Moscow looked promising, but I can't find any area that matches the foreground. The tower is near a river, and I found marinas, I found a bridge similar to the one in the pic, but I can't find any angle that would match that view.

Kat

Orangekat, not Aphrodite
Kat
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Look at the very famous actor, google his name plus the thing he's buying followed by the word "movie". The first result should tell you the movie it's in.

Then search "where was ____ filmed"
Oh dear, I can't recognize actors. That makes sense though and is surely something most people could do easily.

Today was busy for me so I didn't get a chance to look into any of this more, but I'll see if I can come up with anything tomorrow.

Look at the very famous actor, google his name plus the thing he's buying followed by the word "movie". The first result should tell you the movie it's in.

Then search "where was ____ filmed"
FWIW I tried this and I kept getting "RYAN GOSLING GAINED 60 LBS BY EATING MELTED ICE CREAM". I even removed "melted" and "60" from the results and couldn't get anything else.
I'm so fkn stumped on this one. I googled "twisted towers", like the one seen in the background, and only a small handful somewhat match the appearance. Three are in the Middle East, and that's not ME architecture. Moscow looked promising, but I can't find any area that matches the foreground. The tower is near a river, and I found marinas, I found a bridge similar to the one in the pic, but I can't find any angle that would match that view.
Oh cool cooooooool so I just looked at the spoilers and apparently the twisted building featured in the pic Alu posted doesn't even fkn exist so I spent my morning googling something that isn't even real. super neato

• Haha
Back
Top Bottom