GW presents: The Amazing Race Sign Ups

1. Gonna have to say this is Golden Gate Bridge, but I've never been to Cali.

2. I know that's Montreal, I've been there before. I'm not positive of where that's taken from, though I'd have to guess Mont-Royal Hill... just guessing a touristy area.

3. This one I had to look up, but the road name made that simple. It's Scotland, so my assumption would be Loch Ness. Been to Scotland, but not Loch Ness.

1. Gonna have to say this is Golden Gate Bridge, but I've never been to Cali.

2. I know that's Montreal, I've been there before. I'm not positive of where that's taken from, though I'd have to guess Mont-Royal Hill... just guessing a touristy area.

3. This one I had to look up, but the road name made that simple. It's Scotland, so my assumption would be Loch Ness. Been to Scotland, but not Loch Ness.
This is basically how I expected it to work out.

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
Annie Potts GIF by Ghostbusters

VashTheStampede

Caterpillar Accountant
Mr. Queen of the Dead
10K Post Club
Executive
GWF Sponsor
GW Elder
that looks pacific

the city, not sure, somewhere american surely. all my cityscape knowledge comes from watching the nba sooooooo not an nba city.

the home of my forefathers
Oh shit

golden gate Bridge? goddamnit I've been there a few times

canadaguy

Roast Beef
GW Elder
- @Benzine
- @Jon
- @Tommy Boy
- @canadaguy
- @VashTheStampede
- @Local Hero
- @TD
- @Fool's Requiem
- @Kat
- @Smacktard

(did I miss anyone? just want to tag everyone to try this out and SPOILER their results)

This should hopefully be a much easier one:

What famous landmark is just out of the screen here?
View attachment 6239

What area was this picture taken from? (not the city itself)
View attachment 6240

What famous area is this? (clues left in the picture that you can google)
View attachment 6241

Spoiler your answers if you want to play along. This is "easy mode" in my opinion...at least "easier" mode than the first picture.
1 Golden gate bridge
2 a roof top area
3 loch ness

I did a reverse image search on the second picture, and it's a city I've been to if the results are correct. I still didn't recognize it at all.
So jumping to this as well - the goal isn't that you recognize the place, but that through some method you can figure it out.

For this one tubby had some good clues in an accidental post in a different thread. You might not have been there before, but the color of the poles should remind you of something, and then there's a bay, and it would likely involve a bridge, put the two together to get a rather famous bridge just out of frame

Through some method you should be able to figure out which city this is. At that point you would just search around to find a place that's elevated to get a good view, in fact "best place to view [CITY NAME] skyline" as a google search has the correct answer listed as #1

I purposely left the "A82" in there. That should be your clue to google, which immediately brings up the very specific (albeit long) road in question. At that point it's trying to figure out what might be famous about it, realizing it's the body of water that could be the only thing special about it, and then remembering the country and the most famous body of water in it

• Emotional Damage
Reactions: TD
Not everyone will instantly recognize everything, in fact most people won't recognize most places. I did because I've been to all of those areas (and was the one to pick them lol).

I also can't prevent anyone from googling things, so that's why this is easy mode. Harder modes or bonus modes will be ones that are harder to find out and take more intricate clue finding.

• Emotional Damage
Reactions: TD
with pic 2, I recognised the man painted on the side of the building form a photo my Aunt has from nearly the exact same angle
Yeah I have similar pictures and would have made the same connection. I actually could have just used a picture I took myself for that one but decided to make it reverse searchable instead

Back
Top Bottom