• Celebrating One Year of Revival!

Come and join us in celebrating one year of GW's revival as GWF, share in some statistics and help us push towards the next twenty years! CLICK HERE

We're also looking for suggestions for another community event we can put together that we can all enjoy! Come and give us some suggestions HERE
  • Our second year of the NFL Pick 'Em is open to join now. You can join directly here and get involved in the weekly threads over in the Picks forum.

[2025] NFL Season Thread

shortkut

idea man
Cuterator
10K Post Club
Executive
GW Elder
The Best Goat GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

a dip goblin

puppy haver
Sucks
10K Post Club
GW Elder
So in my fantasy league with my college friends, one of the guys had to miss the draft and ended up with too many RBs and no good QBs or TEs. He ended offering to trade his backup RB and TE for my starting TE and my backup QB before the first games.

So I got Dallas Goedert and James Conner for Jared Goff and Jake Ferguson.

Ferguson is out with an MCL sprain in week 1, and Goff is Goff. Goedert has done passably well, and Conner is has played like a first round pick. I think I won this trade in a landslide so far.

Reactions: Jon
At least he got 3 years. Young didn't even get 2.

But man oh man... I always felt he was going to bust... but not this bad.

He's making Zach Wilson look like John Elway.

If the QB whisperer is giving up on you after 2 games, you really suck. Not to mention I'm sure Canales fears for his job.

If the QB whisperer is giving up on you after 2 games, you really suck. Not to mention I'm sure Canales fears for his job.
i have to be honest i think this move is coming from ownership. Canales said yesterday he was standing by Young and then less than 24 hours later he's getting benched? i'm not Canales' biggest fan but i know he has enough braincells that you can't jerk your starting quarterback around like that.

i also don't think Young is entirely at fault here. as much as i wish the panthers had drafted Stroud instead i don't think that would have made much difference. this team is not set up for any quarterback to succeed let alone a rookie/2nd year player. the elephant in the room is that the panthers made the cardinal sin of trading up for a quarterback in a quarterback-weak draft and will be paying the price for years to come

i have to be honest i think this move is coming from ownership. Canales said yesterday he was standing by Young and then less than 24 hours later he's getting benched? i'm not Canales' biggest fan but i know he has enough braincells that you can't jerk your starting quarterback around like that.

i also don't think Young is entirely at fault here. as much as i wish the panthers had drafted Stroud instead i don't think that would have made much difference. this team is not set up for any quarterback to succeed let alone a rookie/2nd year player. the elephant in the room is that the panthers made the cardinal sin of trading up for a quarterback in a quarterback-weak draft and will be paying the price for years to come
I don't disagree, but Young was extremely overrated coming out of college. His instincts on the field were where he completely was night and day with Stroud. I was completely out on Young at the draft.

yeah it boggled my mind that people considered Young and Stroud on par with one another. even discounting the on-field instincts, the physical skillset was also a no-brainer. the panthers just talked themselves into thinking they had gotten the next tua or jalen hurts and instead they ended up with brodie croyle 2.0

yeah it boggled my mind that people considered Young and Stroud on par with one another. even discounting the on-field instincts, the physical skillset was also a no-brainer. the panthers just talked themselves into thinking they had gotten the next tua or jalen hurts and instead they ended up with brodie croyle 2.0
I think Tepper thought he was getting Peyton Manning and got Tim Couch.

So, supposedly Caleb was pressured 36 times on 37 dropbacks.

How is he supposed to do anything if he has defenders in his face in every pass play attempt?! D'Andre Swift was also trash. The Bears need to fix the Oline before anyone can properly criticize Caleb.

I think Jayden Daniels has the best chance of the rookie QBs to break out this season. He's not making mistakes and he has solid run support. The only other rookie that could have a solid chance this year at being good is Penix in the event Kirk Cousins gets hurt because he should have a good supporting staff.

Reactions: Jon
So, supposedly Caleb was pressured 36 times on 37 dropbacks.

How is he supposed to do anything if he has defenders in his face in every pass play attempt?! D'Andre Swift was also trash. The Bears need to fix the Oline before anyone can properly criticize Caleb.

I think Jayden Daniels has the best chance of the rookie QBs to break out this season. He's not making mistakes and he has solid run support. The only other rookie that could have a solid chance this year at being good is Penix in the event Kirk Cousins gets hurt because he should have a good supporting staff.
The O Line was widely considered to be a major issue coming into the season, and it is, but some of it is certainly on Caleb. Not all of it by any means, and I certainly get that any rookie is going to have issues under that sort of pressure. But he actually did worse when he had more than 2.5 seconds to throw, including some glaring misses and the two picks. You obviously can't judge him this early on, even if the O Line was passable. And I don't think saying that he needs to get used to the NFL environment is by any means a shocking take, but he clearly does, and he needs help from both the O Line and the coaching staff to do it. There's a good opportunity to do that coming up though. The next few games are all against much weaker defenses than Houston's.

I have really enjoyed the first couple of weeks. I just love the unpredictability of this sport, even within individual games. Falcons-Eagles last night was great. Just when you think the game is over, there are two more twists to come, and that's not even particularly unusual.

Fantasy wise in my home league I drafted Harrison, Bijon, Mahomes, Nabers and McBride, so suffice to say that week 1 was a big letdown and week 2 was much better. I've also just traded for Rice, so very much hoping that the Chiefs are going to sort themselves out. Either way with Pacheco out they're almost certainly going to have to throw more.

rktaker

if you would tell me at the beginning of the season that the Giants would get their first win of the season vs the Browns I would not believe you

I think the Giants and especially Danny Derps playing well against the Browns does not bode well for either team. The Giants need to move on from Derps ASAP, and the Browns losing to the Giants, of all teams, is not a good look.

Jones will be cut after this season, maybe sign a bridge QB or trade for one if not in a position to draft one

rktaker

Why? Browns aren't that good, they are better team overall but thought we had a chance
because I still think Jones is an Awful QB and sure he had a good game today, but I wouldn't have thought that at the beginning of the season. hell he even just went to being meh in the second half it was the defense in the second half that held that Giants lead

because I still think Jones is an Awful QB and sure he had a good game today, but I wouldn't have thought that at the beginning of the season. hell he even just went to being meh in the second half it was the defense in the second half that held that Giants lead

He's not awful, he can be decent, he's but good enough to he a franchise QB though

A lot of Qbs looked bad week 1

2nd half play calling was painful though

rktaker

He's not awful, he can be decent, he's but good enough to he a franchise QB though

A lot of Qbs looked bad week 1

2nd half play calling was painful though
I'm not just talking about week 1. Daniel Jones had 1 good year. and for some reason the Giants gave him a 4 year extension and he still sucked after that. you know he threw more pick 6's than touchdowns to his own team after that extension?

I'm not just talking about week 1. Daniel Jones had 1 good year. and for some reason the Giants gave him a 4 year extension and he still sucked after that. you know he threw more pick 6's than touchdowns to his own team after that extension?

He had 2 good years, his rookie year was good for a rookie, he was 18th in QBR as a rookie on a crappy team, he showed promise and then we fired his offensive minded coach for Judge and Garrett

He will be gone after this season. Team was between a rock and a hard place, he won a playoff game, couldnt afford to tag him and sign barkley. Dont forget we can cut him after this season and I think that was the plan unless he he showed he could be a franchise qb. Had we tagged him, wed be in a similar spot, he barely played last season and by the time the season was over we werent in a position to draft a QB we wanted

Back
Top Bottom